How to delete music in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General, then tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Scroll to Music, then tap it.
- Swipe left on any artist, album, or song. Or if you want to delete all music, swipe left on All Songs.
- Tap Delete.
- 1 How do I uninstall Apple Music app?
- 2 What happens if you uninstall Apple Music?
- 3 Why can’t I cancel my Apple Music subscription?
- 4 How do I permanently turn off Apple music?
- 5 Is it OK to delete Apple Music?
- 6 Can I remove Apple Music from my iPhone?
- 7 Will deleting the Apple Music app delete everything?
- 8 How do I unsubscribe from Apple Music without iPhone?
- 9 How do I uninstall Apple Music from my Mac?
- 10 How do I clear my iTunes Library?
- 11 How to Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription
- 12 Cancel on iOS or iPadOS
- 13 Cancel on an Android Device
- 14 Cancel on a Mac
- 15 Cancel Through iTunes
- 16 Cancel Through the Web
- 17 Cancel Through Apple TV
- 18 How to Delete Songs from Apple Music (Ultimate Guide)
- 19 How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
- 20 How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
- 21 How to delete all of your downloaded music from Apple Music at once using your iPhone’s Settings
- 22 How to delete an individual song, artist, or album from Apple Music via Settings
- 23 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 24 How to get rid of Apple Music from iPhone / iTunes
- 25 How to cancel Apple Music subscription from your iPhone- follow these steps:
- 26 Details – How to get rid of Apple Music
- 27 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
- 28 How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
- 29 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- 30 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
- 31 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
- 32 Additional FAQs
- 33 Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
- 34 2 Ways to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists on Phone/Computer
- 35 Features of Apple Music: Everything You Should Know
- 36 How to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists in Apple Music App
- 37 How to Remove Song from Apple Music Playlist with Settings App
- 38 Tips of Removing Songs from Apple Music Library
- 39 ConclusionSuggestion
- 40 How to Delete Your Apple Music Library on iPhone, iPad, macOS, Android, and Windows
- 41 r/iPadOS – Cannot delete Apple Music app on iPadOS 15
- 42 Powerup to unlock perks for r/iPadOS
- 43 How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
- 44 If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
- 45 How to Delete Songs from iPhone
- 46 How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
- 47 How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
- 48 How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
- 49 How to Delete Albums and Songs from iPhone Super-Easily
- 50 How to delete all music from iPhone?
- 51 How to delete an album from iPhone?
- 52 How to remove tracks and albums via Apple Music?
- 53 How to delete a phantom song from iPhone?
- 54 How to delete the free U2 album?
- 55 Method 1. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Settings
- 56 Method 2. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Music App
- 57 Method 3.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia iTunes
- 58 Method 4.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia AnyTrans
- 59 The Bottom Line
How do I uninstall Apple Music app?
On your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the app. Tap Remove App. Tap Delete.
What happens if you uninstall Apple Music?
All your music and playlists are stored in the iTunes library, which is in the My Music folder, and it is not modified when you uninstall iTunes, so you will not lose anything and you will keep the playlists and names of recordings.
Why can’t I cancel my Apple Music subscription?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Under Subscriptions, tap Manage. If you have more than one subscription, tap Your Membership (Apple Music Membership) to see your membership options. Under Renewal Options, turn off Automatic Renewal. Confirm your selection, then tap Done.
How do I permanently turn off Apple music?
Just head to Settings, scroll down to Music, and tap that for the Music app’s, uh, settings. You’ll see a “Show Apple Music” slider. Turn it off. There it is.
Is it OK to delete Apple Music?
You can erase the iOS Music app, and that also erases the associated media files. (You can re-install it as new from the App Store, if you change your mind.) You can backup the music files on your notebook, to keep them safe.
Can I remove Apple Music from my iPhone?
The good news is you can remove Apple Music from the Music app. This will make it much more like the old Music app. Go to Settings > Music and turn off the “Show Apple Music” toggle. This removes the “For You” and “Browse” tabs, replacing them with a “Connect” tab.
Will deleting the Apple Music app delete everything?
However, if you delete your music on an iOS device, this may remove the files from your iCloud Music Library; the iOS dialog isn’ t very clear. If you cancel your Apple Music subscription, any files from that service that you saved will disappear; but your original files will still remain on your computer.
How do I unsubscribe from Apple Music without iPhone?
If you don’t have an Apple device or Windows PC
- You can cancel Apple Music on the web.
- You can cancel Apple TV+ on the web.
- If you want to cancel a different subscription from Apple, contact Apple Support.
How do I uninstall Apple Music from my Mac?
Answer: A: Answer: A: You can’t uninstall Apple Music, however, you can go to iTunes>Preferences and deselect ‘Show Apple Music Features ‘ and this will remove Apple Music items and tabs from iTunes.
How do I clear my iTunes Library?
Delete songs and albums
- In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
- Click the item to select it, then press the Delete key.
- Click Delete [item].
- Do one of the following: Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.
How to Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription
In the car, you may also ask Siri to turn off the music, which is another choice. It is necessary for you to communicate with Siri every time you start the automobile in order to achieve this result. This strategy has the disadvantage that some auto-playing tracks may take a minute or two to download and begin auto-playing and streaming, making it unable to tell Siri to stop playing music immediately once. You must wait until the music has begun to play before telling Siri to turn off the sound.
Make sure to let us know by leaving a comment below with your suggestions, techniques, and tricks for stopping autoplay music.
Cancel on iOS or iPadOS
To access Apple Music, go to SettingsSubscriptions on your smartphone and select the Apple Music option. On the Edit Subscription screen, select Cancel Subscription (or Free Trial) from the drop-down menu and enter your confirmation code. You may also cancel your membership directly from the Apple Music app by pressing the Listen Now symbol in the upper right corner, followed by tapping the profile icon in the lower right corner. You may cancel or alter your subscription from the Account page by selecting Manage Subscription from the drop-down menu.
Cancel on an Android Device
Android users who have subscribed to Apple Music may access the service by tapping the Listen Now button, then selecting Account from the three-dot settings menu. Select Manage Subscription and then Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu. If you signed up for the service through the Google Play Store, you may cancel your subscription from the storefront as well. Select Subscriptions from the hamburger menu in the app’s main window to get a list of all your current and previous subscriptions.
Cancel on a Mac
As a result of Apple’s decision to discontinue the iTunes app with macOS Catalina, the process for canceling an Apple Music membership has changed. If you’re using Catalina or Big Sur, go to the Apple menu, pick System Preferences, and then select Apple ID from the list. On the left-hand sidebar, choose MediaPurchases, and then select the Manage option next to Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. Your subscriptions will then be shown in a list. To cancel your Apple Music membership, go to your Apple Music account and select Edit next to your subscription.
You may also cancel and manage your Apple Music membership by going directly to the App Store from your device.
View Information may be accessed by clicking the View Information button, and then signing in with your Apple ID password if requested Until you reach the Manage section, scroll to the very bottom of the Account Information screen until you see “Manage.” Subscriptions can be managed by selecting the Manage link next to them.
You may cancel your Apple Music membership by clicking on the Edit link next to your subscription and then clicking Cancel Subscription.
Cancel Through iTunes
If you’re using a Windows PC or haven’t yet upgraded your Mac to Catalina or higher, you may still cancel your membership using the iTunes application. To check your account details, open iTunes and select AccountView My Account from the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password. After you’ve reached the bottom of your Account page, look for the Manage link next to the Subscriptions setting and click on it. Apple Music Subscription may be edited by selecting the Edit link next to it.
Upon clicking “Discontinue Membership,” a notice appears, requesting confirmation that you wish to cancel your subscription.
Cancel Through the Web
Apple Songs may also be accessed via the website, where you can listen to music and even cancel your membership if you like. Although you already have a membership, click the Try it Free option (even if you already have one), then click Sign In in the pop-up box and input your credentials. Select Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen once you’ve logged in. Scroll down the Account Settings page until you reach the Subscriptions area, where you will find the Manage option.
Cancel Through Apple TV
On the fourth-generation Apple TV and the Apple TV 4K, you can listen to music through Apple Music. You can manage your Apple Music Membership membership straight from your television by navigating to SettingsUsers and AccountsSubscriptionsApple Music Membership in the Settings menu. You will then be able to cancel or adjust your subscription status from this screen. Apple Brief/strong> is a weekly email newsletter that delivers the latest news, reviews, tips, and more about Apple. , first published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, last published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:53.000000Z, created at:null, updated at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, first published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, first_ )” x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”> x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”>
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music (Ultimate Guide)
Apple Music allows you to add a song to your collection as well as download it to your computer for later listening while offline. Whenever you wish to remove a song from your library, you have two choices: Remove and Delete from Library.
Both of these items are distinct from one another. One can uninstall a downloaded music in order to free up space on the computer. Other removes the song from your music collection once it has been added. Please let us know more and we will go over the next stages.
- It is possible to delete downloaded music from Apple Music
- However, it is not possible to remove songs from the Apple Music Library.
How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
It is possible to delete downloaded music from Apple Music; however, it is not possible to remove songs from your Apple Music library.
- What is the best way to delete a single song on an iPhone or iPad? How to Delete a Group of Downloaded Songs or All of Them from the Settings App
- Instructions on how to delete songs from Apple Music on an Android device
- Tips & Tricks for Deleting Songs from Apple Music on the Mac and Windows PC
How to Delete Individual Song on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Remove a song by selecting it and pressing the Remove button. Finally, click on the Remove Download button.
Let’s have a look at how to erase all or a group of tracks at the same time.
How to Delete Multiple or All Downloaded Songs from Settings App
- Launch the iPhoneSettings application
- Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping on it. Select Downloaded Music from the drop-down menu. When viewing All Songs or specific artists, swipe right to left. After that, select Delete or Edit from the drop-down menu. After that, click on the minus icon and then click on Delete
Make a selection in the iPhoneSettingsapp. Select Music from the drop-down menu. Select Music That Has Been Downloaded. You may swipe through all songs or particular artists by moving your finger from right to left. After that, select Delete or Edit from the menu bar. After that, click on the minus sign and then click on Delete.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Android
- Open theApple Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song and select Remove
- Select REMOVE DOWNLOAD from the drop-down menu.
Redownloading the music is as simple as going toLibrarySongs and clicking on thedownloadbutton next to this song.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Mac and Windows PC
On a Mac running macOS Catalina, you must utilize the Music app to listen to music (as iTunes is no longer available). You’ll have to utilize iTunes if you’re using an older Mac or Windows PC. The remaining stages are nearly identical.
- Open the music application oriTunes
- From the left-hand sidebar, choose Songs. To see all of the music you’ve downloaded in one place, click on the tiny cloud symbol next to Name. Songs that have been downloaded do not have a download icon next to them
- Instead, right-click on a song. Remove the downloaded file by clicking on it.
To delete numerous songs from your playlist, follow these steps: On a Mac, hold down the Command button. Hold down the Control button on your Windows computer. Now it’s time to choose the tunes. After that, right-click and select Remove Download from the context menu. To delete all songs from your playlist, use Command + Aon Mac. On a Windows PC, press Control + A. In order to re-download the music, click on the download icon located next to it.
How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
The process of deleting a song is different from the process of uninstalling a downloaded song. You were eliminating the song’s file from your device’s local storage by following the procedures outlined above. Let’s take a look at how to remove a song that has been added to your Apple Music Library. This will also erase it from all of your Apple devices as well as your Playlists and iTunes library.
On iPhone or iPad
- When you delete an individual track, it’s different from when you delete a whole album. You were deleting the song’s file from your device’s local storage by following the procedures outlined above, Here is how to remove a song from your Apple Music Library, which you may have already downloaded. Moreover, it will be removed from all of your Apple devices and playlists when you do this.
Do you want to listen to a music that you accidentally erased from your Library? To play a song, go to the Search menu, find it, and tap on it. If you want to add it to your Library again, you may do so by tapping on the plus (+) symbol. Information:You may listen to a music online without having to download it to your computer. However, in order to download a music offline, you must first add it to your library.
- Open the Apple Music application. SelectLibrary from the drop-down menu. Select Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song to play it
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, if you see Remove, select it and then select DELETE FROM LIBRARY.
On Mac and Windows PC
- On new Macs, launch the Musicapp. vintage Macs and PCs with a retro-tune
- Right-click on a song in the Songs section of the left sidebar. Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Select Delete Song from the drop-down menu.
I’m going to sign off. This demonstrates how to remove a single song from Apple Music or all songs from Apple Music on multiple devices. Once again, there is a distinction between removing a music and deleting a song from the library in the iTunes library. The music file that has been downloaded has been deleted. Removed from the Library removes the music from your Library, Playlists, and any devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID as you are now using. To be sure, any music that you remove or delete from your library may be quickly re-added or downloaded to your library as long as you have an active Apple Music membership.
Following that, you might want to have a look at some of the finest alternatives to Apple Music.
Dhvanesh, the proprietor of iGeeksBlog, is a die-hard Apple fan who can’t abide even the slightest hint against the company’s goods on the internet. The editor-in-headgear chief’s he dons in order to ensure that articles meet the quality level before they are published in the journal.
How to delete all of your downloaded music from Apple Music at once using your iPhone’s Settings
- If you no longer listen to the music you’ve downloaded from Apple Music or if it’s taking up too much space on your iPhone, you can quickly erase it all. The Settings app on your iPhone may be used to remove your whole downloaded music collection as well as individual songs, albums, and artists
- However, this is not recommended. The difference between this and deleting items straight from the Apple Music app is that it allows you to erase big quantities of data to free up space on your device. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
It’s simple to erase downloaded music from Apple Music that you no longer want to listen to – whether you want to delete everything at once or remove songs one by one. To delete all of your downloadedApple Music material, you’ll need to go to the Music tab in your Settings app and click on Delete All Content. After selecting “Downloaded Music,” you will have the option to update the list and delete all of your tracks, or you may pick certain artists, songs, or albums to remove from the list. Once you have deleted your downloaded songs from your computer, they will no longer appear in your computer’s music collection.
Note that this approach is distinct from removing a single song, artist, or album from the Apple Music app’s music library.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select General. 2.Scroll down and select the “Music” tab from the drop-down menu. Select the “Music” tab from the drop-down menu. Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino 3.Click on the “Downloaded Music” button. Select “Downloaded Music” from the drop-down menu. Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino 4.This will lead you to a list of the songs that you have downloaded. In the upper-right corner, select “Edit” from the drop-down menu. Select “Edit” from the drop-down menu.
Then press the “Delete” button.
Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino
How to delete an individual song, artist, or album from Apple Music via Settings
On the same Settings page, you may also remove a specific artist, album, or song from your collection. By tapping on an artist, you’ll be able to see the albums and songs you’ve downloaded from them. 1.On your “Downloaded Music” page, tap the “Edit” button in the top-right corner, then tap the red minus (-) sign next to the artist you want to delete, and then tap “Delete.” 2.On your “Downloaded Music” page, tap the “Edit” button in the top-right corner, and then tap the red minus (-) sign next to the artist you want to delete, and then tap “Delete.” Remove an artist from the list.
Tap on an artist’s name in the “Downloaded Music” section to see the albums that you’ve downloaded from that musician.
3.Click on an artist’s name, then an album name, and finally the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Marissa Perino is a former editorial intern who specialized in executive lifestyle and culture coverage. Cold Lips in London and Creative Nonfiction in Pittsburgh were among the places she’s previously worked.
In addition to studying creative writing at the University of Pittsburgh, she majored in journalism and communications. Her Twitter handle is @mlperino.Insider Inc. earns a commission when you purchase anything after clicking on one of our affiliate links.
How to get rid of Apple Music from iPhone / iTunes
Average:4.43(7Votes). Wide Angle Software was last updated on:|Wide Angle Software So you’d like to get Apple Music out of your music library, right? When you cancel your Apple Music membership, all of the music you’ve acquired through Apple Music will be removed from your iPhone and iTunes collection. If you would want to find out which of your songs are from your Apple Music membership, or if you would like to keep that music, then continue reading to the second section of this article.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription from your iPhone- follow these steps:
- In the Settings app on your iPhone, choose iTunes and App Store
- Press Apple IDView Apple ID
- Sign in using the password associated with your Apple ID
- And then hit Subscriptions. Locate and tap on the Apple Music Membership button. Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu.
Details – How to get rid of Apple Music
Apple Music is a monthly membership service that allows you to listen to the majority of the music available in the iTunes Store at any time you want. It also gives you the opportunity to easily import songs from the iTunes Store into your iTunes library, which is convenient. These tracks will look and function precisely the same as the rest of your music collection. Apple Music is now available for a free three-month trial period on the company’s website. This gives you access to the huge Apple Music Library on any device that is associated with your Apple ID!
However, if you decide to discontinue your subscription, these tracks will be deleted from your collection automatically.
It is possible to scan your iTunes collection and generate a list of tunes that have been added through Apple Music using Tune Sweeper.
Simply select ” iTunes Store ” from the drop-down menu.
The software also allows you to delete duplicate songs, correct missing or incorrect track information, download and fix your album artwork, and clean up your iTunes listings by removing songs marked with exclamation points, or adding music from your hard drive that has not yet been imported into iTunes.
Wide Angle Software is the publisher. Return to Tune Sweeper Support page.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
When you subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service, you have access to a music database including more than 90 million songs as well as the ability to create and share infinite playlists with friends. With so much choice, it’s easy to wind up with a slew of playlists that you don’t actually listen to. They might take up valuable phone storage or screen space, and they can be a pain to navigate through while using a smartphone.
However, you may either erase a downloaded playlist from your device or remove it from your media library, depending on the situation. Continue reading to find out how to do both, as well as how to undelete a deletion if you change your mind later.
How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
Apple Music playlists that have been downloaded to your iPhone may be deleted immediately from your Apple Music account. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Select “Library” from the Music app’s drop-down menu. Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. Locate and hold down the long-press button on the playlist you wish to remove
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu options. Remove Downloads” should be selected if you wish to remove the playlist from the local storage of your iPhone. Alternatively, select “Delete from Collection” to get it removed from your media library
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
Despite the fact that Apple Music is an Apple app, it is also accessible on Android. Using an Android device, follow these steps to erase a playlist:
- To access Apple Music playlists, launch the app and click “Playlists.” The playlist you wish to delete should be selected and held down. Select “Remove.” from the list of pop-up choices
- Choose “Erase Downloads” if you only want to remove the playlist from your device. Selecting “Delete from Library” will remove it from your Apple Music library as an alternative.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
The desktop version of Apple Music has a somewhat different design than the mobile app; nonetheless, the procedure for removing a playlist is the same as it is for deleting a playlist in the mobile app. If you want to erase an Apple Music playlist from your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. From the left-hand pane, choose the playlist that you wish to remove. Choose “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click it. You may also erase something by using the “delete” key on your keyboard. To finalize the deletion, click “Delete Playlist,” followed by “Move to Trash.”
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
The following steps will show you how to erase an Apple Music playlist from your iPad:
- Open the Music application
- Select “Playlists” from the “Library” drop-down menu. Long-press the playlist you wish to erase from your computer
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu that appears. If you want to remove it from your iPad, pick “Remove Downloads,” and if you want to remove it from your media library completely, select “Delete from Library.”
If you have more than one song by the same artist, you can locate them all in your music library (including your Playlists). For example, the song might be included on a soundtrack as well as an album release. You may also look for exact song duplication with this feature. Using your computer, you may complete the following steps: 1. Open the Music app and select “Songs” from the left-hand navigation pane. 2. Select a song and then do one of the following actions: “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Duplicate Items” will bring up a list of all instances of that music in your library.
Remove duplicate songs by right-clicking on them and selecting “Delete,” or by simply pressing the delete key and then confirming.
Can I Delete a Playlist Without Deleting the Songs?
Yes, it is possible. To remove the playlist from your library, select “Delete from Library” from the drop-down menu. All of the accompanying music will still be available for purchase.
How Do I Organize My Playlists Into Folders?
The following are the procedures to take in order to organize your playlists into folders on a computer: 1. Launch the Music application. 2. Select “File,” “New,” and then “Playlist Folder” from the drop-down menu. 3. Type in the name of the folder and press Enter. In order to rename it, simply double-click it and type in the new name. Drag your playlists, other folders, and individual items into the new folder to complete the transformation.
Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
Apple Music has a large music catalog, and you can create an unlimited number of playlists on the service. As a music enthusiast, it’s rather simple to amass a large amount of musical material. Apple Music, on the other hand, will assist you when you need to clean and free up valuable music storage space on your smartphone. You have the option of deleting a downloaded playlist from your device alone, or you may delete it from your Apple Music library completely. Do you make your own playlists?
If yes, what sorts of playlists do you enjoy listening to the most?
2 Ways to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists on Phone/Computer
Apple Music has expanded considerably since its inception in 2015. This has occurred over the course of several years. This is demonstrated by the large number of songs available and the millions of people who have registered on the site. It is Apple Music’s focus on hand-picked material that encourages you to store as many tunes and playlists as you can to your device. After that, we’ll talk about the necessity of periodically deleting music from your Apple Music library. The old music, of course, fade away with time as you incorporate your freshly discovered, up-to-date, and trendy tracks.
If past experience is any indication, removing music from Apple Music is a straightforward method to free up space on your computer’s hard drive. Find out how to delete music from your Apple Music collection that you no longer require by following these steps.
Features of Apple Music: Everything You Should Know
Here are some Apple Music features that you should be familiar with in order to get the most out of Apple Music and to utilize it more effectively.
This might be the quickest and most convenient method to play the music you enjoy while also discovering new music that you may be interested in. When you tap it, you’ll get Top Picks, Recently Played, and other recommendations based on your listening history.
Apple Music 1 (Beats 1)
It is one of the most widely listened-to radio stations on the planet, and it provides its listeners with in-depth artist interviews, worldwide exclusives, and premieres, among other things. This feature allows you to stay up to date on the newest breaking news as well as other programming features.
If your hands are occupied with other tasks, you may simply ask Siri to play music from any artist, mood, or genre while your hands are free. Using Siri, you can say something like “Hey Siri, play something relaxing.”
The Music app will notify you whenever one of your favorite artists releases a new single, and these alerts will show at the top of the Library page in the app. This is perhaps the most effective method of staying on top of the most popular music genres at all times.
Apple Music gives you the freedom to listen to any type of music and see the most popular music videos on the internet. You may also view playlists of music videos that have been curated.
How to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists in Apple Music App
You may remove Apple Music tracks using the Apple Music app, which is available on iOS devices, Android smartphones, Mac computers, and Windows computers. Step 1: Navigate to the Music application and start it. To access your complete music library, navigate to theMy Musictab in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The library may be found at the bottom-left corner of your screen, to the right of the search bar. Artists, genres, playlists, and songs are some of the categories that may be used to organize this information.
- If you see a Download symbol next to a music, it implies that you have saved it to your iCloud account.
- To play a song or playlist on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android device, press and hold the song or playlist button.
- To remove a song from your Apple Music playlist, select Remove or Remove Download from the drop-down menu.
- This option is only available on iOS devices.
How to Remove Song from Apple Music Playlist with Settings App
If you want to delete a song from your Apple playlist on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may do so using the Settings app. Take the following actions. Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iOS device and configure your preferences.
Step 2. Select GeneraliPhone Storage or iPad StorageMusic from the drop-down menu. Step 3.To delete an artist, album, or song, swipe left on the item you want to delete. Alternatively, you may swipe left on theAll Songsoption to erase them altogether.
Tips of Removing Songs from Apple Music Library
If you have a second thought about deleting Apple Music tracks, you may want to consider backing up your Apple Music songs for future use instead of deleting them. As you may be aware, Apple does not let users to store the Apple Music tracks they have downloaded on their computer or other non-Apple devices. Apple Music music may be copied and transferred anywhere with the aid ofViWizard Apple Music Converter, a third-party Apple Music converter that can effortlessly convert Apple Music songs to MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, and WAV at up to 320 Kbps and 30 X quicker speed while keeping the ID3 tags intact.
Otherwise, if you want to permanently delete a song from your Apple Music collection, you may do so by selecting Remove from My Music from the dropdown menu.
This means that your Apple Music library has the potential to store a significant amount of data. It may, however, become overburdened with music that you no longer require at some points. It is possible to remove Apple Music tracks from your library in such a situation. There are a couple of reasons for this: one is to free up space so that you can store other critical material, and the other is to organize your library. Whatever your reason for deleting your data, it is critical that you create a backup of your information before proceeding with the deletion procedure.
The fact that you have backed up your music does not imply that you have to recover them again.
If you cancel your Apple Music membership, you will lose access to all of your previously purchased items.
Viwizard employs cookies to guarantee that you get the best possible experience when visiting our website.
How to Delete Your Apple Music Library on iPhone, iPad, macOS, Android, and Windows
Apple Music is now regarded as one of the top music streaming services available. It not only allows you to stream music on the move, but it also allows you to download songs to use them offline or if you don’t want to use up all of your data allowance on one song. Depending on your preferences, you may download an individual song, a playlist, or even an entire album. The question is, how do you get rid of your Apple Music library? Are there any options for deleting your complete collection, as well as any specific tracks that you don’t want to be included in your library?
Let’s start with the quickest and most straightforward solution.
Deleting Apple Music Library Downloaded on iPhone or iPad
This approach completely removes all of the downloaded music, albums, and other media on your iPhone or iPad. This has absolutely no effect on your Apple Music collection in any manner. Step 1: Open the Settings application on your iPhone or iPad. Step 2: Scroll down and choose ‘Music’ from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to the Downloaded Music section and choose it from the drop-down menu. You can find out how much storage space your music collection is using up by visiting this page. Step 4: Delete all of the songs in your Apple Music collection by selecting ‘All Songs’ from the drop-down menu and tapping the ‘Delete’ button.
If you wish to remove a specific album by a certain artist from your library, you may do so by clicking on the artist’s name and then removing the album by swiping left on the album’s name.
Alternatively, you may use the edit button located in the top-right corner of the screen and choose the minus-shaped icon next to ‘All Songs’ or next to any individual artist’s name on the list to remove them from the list.
How to Delete Apple Music Library from iPhone or iPad
On your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, launch the Music app in the first step. Step 2: Depending on how you want to remove your music, select Albums, Playlists, or Songs from the drop-down menu. Long-pressing the desired album, playlist, or song for more than a second brings up a pop-up menu, which you may select from. Step 4:Now, under the pop-up menu for that particular item, click the ‘Delete from Collection’ option to remove it from your music library.
Delete Apple Music Library from the Music App in macOS
The first step is to open the Music App on your Mac, which is running macOS Catalina. Step 2:You’ll discover a sidebar on the left-hand side of the application. Albums, artists, and songs may be found in the Library part of the sidebar by selecting them from the drop-down menu. Step 3:Now, right-click (or touch on the three-dot icon) on the name of any album, artist, or song to bring up a menu of options. To delete something from your library, go to Step 4 and select ‘Delete from Library’. Additionally, you may choose all of the items in your library by pressing the Command () + A buttons on your keyboard.
To confirm the deletion of the songs, click on the ‘Delete Songs’ option.
Delete Apple Music Library From The iTunes App in Windows
Step 1: Launch the iTunes program on your Windows-based computer. To access the library, go to the top bar and select ‘Library.’ Step 3:On the left-hand sidebar, select Albums, Playlists, or Songs from the drop-down menu. Step 4: Either choose all of the items by hitting the Windows (Windows) + A keys together, or select a specific artist, album, or song by clicking the Enter key. Step 5:Right-click the selection and then pick the ‘Delete from Library’ option from the context menu that appears.
Click Yes to proceed.
Delete Apple Music Library on Android Devices
Step 1: On your Android smartphone or tablet, launch the Apple Music application. The second step is to select the ‘Library’ tab from the bottom bar. Step 3:Now, using the drop-down menu, select Albums, Artists, Playlists, or Songs from the list. When you long-press on a specific item (an album, an artist, a playlist, or a song) and a pop-up menu displays, you may choose to remove it. Now, under the list of menu options, select the ‘Delete from Library’ option from the drop-down list. For those who wish to start from the beginning with their music collection, deleting the old library and creating a new one is probably the most effective method of doing so.
r/iPadOS – Cannot delete Apple Music app on iPadOS 15
I’ve discovered the internet! When I looked at my storage, I found that Apple Music was approximately 2 GB in size, despite the fact that I have no music on my iPad. I attempted to uninstall the application, but it would not work. I have attempted both a soft and a hard restart, but neither of them resolved the problem. Also, the music app does not have an icon inside the settings menu, although the icon appears to be functional on the Home Screen and in the App Library. Is it possible that this is a bug?
- To make a comment, you must first log in or create an account.
- Due to the fact that I only use my iPad for a handful of things – Apple Music is not one of them – I have limited storage space on it.
- level 1If you choose to use Feedback to report the problem, my comparable report ID is FB9629077.
- Do you have an issue that is comparable to mine?
- There appears to be a glitch with Apple Music, and the company has published a day one patch to fix it.
- level 1I am seeing the same same issue on my iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.0.2.
- On my own ipad pro with ipados 15.
- 2, I don’t have the exact same problem as the person who posted the question at level 2.
- Your words have been substituted with Shakespearean phrases by me, who is a machine.
optout level 2For the record, I’ve also notified Apple about the problem: FB9702716 is a telephone number (Unable to delete the Music app and associated data) level 2I’m baffled as to why Apple can’t just solve this issue/bug immediately – It takes up a significant amount of space on the iPad – especially if you have a limited storage space.
I’d want to ignore it until a solution is found, however. GD It’s simply sitting there looking at me, eating up 6.11GB of my hard drive space. iPadOS is the focus of a Reddit group dedicated to the operating system.
Powerup to unlock perks for r/iPadOS
Reddit Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2022. All intellectual property rights are retained.
How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
Note: This post is part of the Tip of the Day newsletter from iPhone Life. Fill out the registration form.* Once you’ve mastered the art of removing music from your iPhone, the procedure will become as second nature to you as riding a bike. When consumers delete music from their iPhones, they frequently have questions about whether they are deleting songs from iCloud or from iTunes, as well as if they are deleting songs from both. In this article, I’ll explain how to delete music off your iPhone in the simplest way possible, including recommendations for both people who use Apple Music and those who do not.
- It is possible that you will wish to erase all of the music on your iPhone at some point in the future.
- Several distinct circumstances are covered in this article; here’s how to delete music from your iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud accounts.
- You should have a clear notion of which songs you want to delete off your iPhone before you begin.
- Furthermore, if you’re attempting to erase all of the music from your iPhone but don’t want to bother with your iTunes or iCloud Music collection, our advise on how to do so below will save you a significant amount of time.
- Furthermore, whether or not you are a subscriber to Apple Music is an essential consideration when removing music, therefore I’ve divided the population into two groups: those who use Apple Music or iTunes Match and those who do not.
If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
Apple Music and iTunes Match customers get access to the iCloud Music Library, which is a cloud-based storage service. When you download a music from the cloud to your device, the song is downloaded locally, allowing you to listen to the song when not connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
- When you delete a song from your iPhone, you have the option of either deleting the song’s download or removing the song’s download. The most significant element is as follows: Delete the download and the music will no longer be available offline, but it will still be available in your iCloud Music Library if you have it saved there. The music will also continue to be accessible for online listening across all of your iCloud-connected devices, whether you are connected through Wi-Fi or cellular data. This indicates that the music is also accessible on iTunes. The song will be deleted from your music library, but it will not be deleted from your collection, which means it will not be deleted from your cloud-based music library, either. Any of your devices will not be able to access the content. This implies that the music has been removed from iTunes as well.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- All of the songs you sync from iTunes are kept locally on your device
- This is known as “cloud syncing.” When you delete a music from your iPhone, it is removed from all of your devices
- However, you may restore it. While the music will no longer be available on your iPhone, it will still be available in your iTunes collection and through your iTunes purchases.
How to Delete Songs from iPhone
It’s important to note that if you’re a subscriber to Apple Music, following this procedure will delete the music from not only your iPhone, but also from the iCloud Music Library, and therefore from all of your devices.
Non-Apple Music subscribers will utilize this section to uninstall music from their iPhone and any other devices that are connected to the same Apple ID account. What you need to know about deleting music from your iPhone:
- Open the Music app and locate the song or album you wish to remove from your collection. In the event that you have 3D Touch, you may PeekPop the song or album in order to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
Apple Music Users:
- Remove it from the list
- Then tap Delete from Library on your keyboard. When you delete a song from your library, it will also erase the download associated with it. Any time you want, you can re-add the music to your Library by searching for it in Apple Music and selecting it from the results.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. However, if it is a music that you purchased through the iTunes Store, visiting the iTunes Store and recovering your purchase of the song will allow you to redownload the song. The music will still be accessible in iTunes on your computer if it is one that you own (and have obtained from a source other than the iTunes Store).
If you need to erase all music or a large amount of music from your iPhone, follow the instructions in this section to do it quickly and efficiently within Settings.
How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
This part is solely applicable to Apple Music subscribers; it allows you to effortlessly delete the song’s download from your iPhone’s storage. This method gives you the best of both worlds because the music will remain in your iCloud Music Library while taking up no space on your iPhone. To delete music from your iPhone but keep it in your iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Open the Music app and navigate to the music you wish to uninstall from your device. If you have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- If you don’t have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
- Remove it from the list
- Choose Remove Download(s) from the drop-down menu.
How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
If you still own music—that is, if you have the files on your computer and have imported them into iTunes for usage with your device—you may use this advice to permanently wipe the music from your computer’s hard drive.
- If it’s music that you’ve purchased from iTunes, you can remove it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- If it’s video that you’ve purchased from YouTube, you can delete it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- The song will be erased from your iCloud Music Library if it is an Apple Music song
- Otherwise, the music will be deleted from your iTunes Music Library. However, if it is a music that you have imported from a CD or downloaded from a different location on the internet, you can completely and permanently erase the song and its associated file from your computer’s hard drive.
To delete a song from your iTunes library:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on the Music tab. It makes little difference which operating system you use in this situation
- After the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both Mac and PC. Locate the song that you wish to remove from your playlist. (*Please keep in mind that you may also pick several tracks to be erased.) Right-click on the music and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
Using your Mac or PC, launch iTunes. If you have a Mac or a PC, it doesn’t really matter which one you have because, after the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both. Navigate to and select the song you wish to remove from your playlist. You may also pick many tracks to be erased at the same time (*please keep in mind that you can do this as well). Remove the music from your computer by right-clicking it and selecting “Delete.”
How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
If you need to erase all of the music from your iPhone or iPad, you may access your music collection using the Settings app, which allows you to quickly and conveniently delete songs one after another. This is most likely the quickest method of removing music from your iPhone’s storage.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, this is a convenient way to delete all of your music because you can only delete downloads, which means that removing songs from Music in Settings will not affect your iCloud Music Library collection
- However, if you don’t have an Apple Music subscription, this is a less convenient way to delete all of your music. In the event that you are not a member to Apple Music, you may use this technique to quickly and conveniently erase music from your iPhone.
To Delete ALL Music from iPhone:
- On the iPhone, open the Settings app and select Music. Select Downloaded Music from the drop-down menu under Downloads.
- If you want to erase ALL music from your iPhone, hit the red circle next to All Songs in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- To delete music from an artist’s library in bulk, press the red circle next to the name of the artist whose music you wish to remove. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
When you’re finished removing music from your iPhone or iPad, press the Done button on your device. If you’re looking to clean up your device in general, you might want to look into learning how to delete applications from your iPhone and iPad as well. Credit for the top image goes to Yeamake / Shutterstock.com. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.
How to Delete Albums and Songs from iPhone Super-Easily
Instructions on how to delete albums and songs from your iPhone super-fast. Have you downloaded too many music on your iPhone, or do you need to free up iPhone storage space in order to upgrade to iOS? Is it possible that you need to remove the default U2 album? Whatever your reason, you’ll find instructions on how to remove an album, a song, or all music from your iPhoneiTunes in this section. To get rid of iPhone music, you can use one of two methods: You have the choice of selecting any of the two alternatives that you are most comfortable with.
What to do before?
Examine the iTunes Match setting before removing the music. It may be found under Settings-iTunesApp Store. Remove this option from your iPhone’s settings, or else you will be unable to erase music songs from your iOS device.
How to delete all music from iPhone?
If you want to totally reorganize your music collection, you don’t have to eliminate albums one by one because doing so would take a significant amount of time. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Go toSettings-General-Storage on your computer. Usage of iCloud
- TapManage Storageand wait until you get a list of all of the iPhone applications you have installed. Apps such as Apple Music are among those available
- SelectMusic from the drop-down menu, then clickEdit in the top right corner, followed by All Songs if you absolutely want to get rid of all your music. Last but not least, press the Deletebutton. That’s all there is to it.
How to delete an album from iPhone?
The technique for removing a specific album from an iPhone is much the same as for deleting any other album:
- OpenSettings-General-Storage Usage of iCloud
- Wait for a list of your applications to appear after clicking Manage Storage
- As an alternative to selecting All Songs, locate the album you wish to remove and press the associated option.
Also see: How to Replace M4V Clips with More Universal MP4 Copies (Part 2).
How to remove tracks and albums via Apple Music?
As an alternative, you can erase all music from your device using the default Apple Music application. Once again, it’s quite simple:
- Start the Apple Music application, navigate to the My Music menu, and choose the song you wish to delete. If you’re close to it, swipe left or hit three dots next to the music name
- Click on the Deletebutton
It is possible to erase the U2 album in a similar manner. You may also find the U2 album under the My Music tab.
How to delete a phantom song from iPhone?
When users of iOS 7 discovered the so-called “phantom” tracks in their music collection, they encountered a dilemma. If, for some reason, there is a music on your iPhone that you can’t discover or remove with a swipe, you can try the following steps to fix the problem:
- Turn on the Show All Music option in the iTunes App Store’s Settings. Search for an unidentified song on the Musicapp
- To download the music, click on the cloud symbol. Turn offShow All Music in the iTunes App Store’s Settings. It may be deleted with a swipe
How to delete the free U2 album?
All iOS 8 customers received a free gift from the U2 band in the form of their current album. However, if you are not a fan of this band, you may want to consider removing this CD from your collection. Take the following steps:
- From your computer or the Safari browser on your iPhone, navigate toitunes.com/soi-remove. Remove the album by clicking on it. To make changes, you must sign in with your Apple ID.
That’s all there is to it! In a few seconds, the U2 album will be deleted from your iCloud. Please wait. In the event that you downloaded it to your iPhone, you’ll need to manually erase the tracks by following the instructions above. If you’re having problems with your iPhone, check out these other step-by-step iFix guides:
- What to Do If the Sound on Your iPhone Isn’t Working
- What to Do If Your iPhone’s Camera Doesn’t Function
Are you looking for a solution to erase music off your iPhone but not from iTunes? Then you’ve arrived to the correct web page. You will learn how to erase music off your iPhone, but not from your iTunes collection, in this section. Song deletion on the iPhone is a simple process, and there are a variety of methods for doing this task. When customers delete a music from their iPhone, the song may also be erased from their iTunes collection, if the user is not careful. However, if you do not wish to remove the music from your iTunes collection, follow the instructions in this article.
Method 1. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Settings
This approach is the quickest and most straightforward way to erase music from your iPhone, and you can use it to remove either a single song or an entire album. On your iPhone, open theSettings and scroll down to the General section. Step 2: ClickiPhone Storage (Optional) Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping on it. Delete music from your iPhone using the Settings app Step 3: Select Edit from the drop-down menu. You may delete a single song by touching on the red minus symbol, or you can delete all of your songs by hitting on the red minus sign.
This will wipe all of the data that the music app has (include the app).
Do you find it exhausting to go through each song and erase them one by one?
Method 2. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Music App
Albums, genres, and individual songs may all be deleted from your iPhone; however, removing tracks from your iPhone will not erase the song from your iTunes collection. Step 1: Open the “Music” application on your iPhone. Step 2: Press and hold the song you wish to remove from your iPhone’s music library. Step 2: Select “Remove” from the drop-down menu. This will remove the music from your device, but it will still be available in your iTunes library once it has been deleted. Use the Music App to delete music from your iPhone but not from iTunes.
According to what you can see, this approach can only be used to erase music files one by one, which is a time-consuming and laborious process. Approach 4 might be a suitable choice if you want a more straightforward method of deleting tracks.
Method 3.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia iTunes
Delete music from your iPhone using iTunes allows you to remove tracks from your iPhone that are organized into playlists, artists, genres, and albums. It is not possible to erase a single song at a time with this program. As a result of using iTunes to sync music with your iPhone, it is conceivable that your data on your iPhone will be mistakenly destroyed. Method 4 might be a better choice if you want to avoid all of these circumstances. A song may be removed from an iPhone using the built-in functionality of an iTunes library, but not from the library itself.
Install the most recent version of iTunes on your computer.
Select the “Music” tab from the drop-down menu.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button.
Method 4.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia AnyTrans
AnyTrans is a feature-rich software solution for managing iPhones and other iOS devices. When you use this approach to delete many or particular songs from your iPhone, you can be absolutely certain that your music will not be wiped from your iTunes collection as well. Other data on your iPhone, including as messages, contacts, documents, and other files, can also be deleted in addition to music, according to Apple.
- You have the option of deleting songs from your iPhone either selectively or completely. Music may be transferred from an iPhone to iTunes and other devices with a single click. Produce your own personalized ringtone or text tone from your favorite tunes with relative simplicity
- AnyTrans is capable of managing much more than just music
- It can also handle applications, messages, contacts, and other data.
AnyTrans – iPhone Music Manager
Trying to figure out how to easily erase music off your iPhone without deleting it from your iTunes library? AnyTrans, a comprehensive iOS data manager, can suit all of your demands when it comes to managing your iPhone’s music. Now is the time to test it out and erase all music from your iPhone! We’ve included a full step-by-step instruction on how to erase music from your iPhone but not from iTunes using AnyTrans, which you can find here: Step 1: Download and install AnyTrans on your computer or Mac.
Select Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
Music may be selected via the Device Manager.
Select the Delete symbol from the toolbar.
The Bottom Line
As a result, you now understand every method available for removing songs off the iPhone, but not from iTunes. AnyTrans is a fantastic piece of software that allows iPhone users to erase songs in a more efficient and straightforward manner. With AnyTrans, you may delete a music from your iTunes library without having to worry about it being lost.
Download it today to make managing your iOS data even easier than ever! Being a member of the iMobie team for five years, as well as an avid Apple fan, I like assisting more consumers with a variety of iOS and Android-related concerns.