On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Add Member.
- Enter your family member’s name or email address and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose whether you’d like to send an invitation via Messages or to invite them in person.
- 1 Why can’t I add family members to Apple music?
- 2 How do I add family members to family sharing?
- 3 Can’t accept Apple music family invite?
- 4 Why can’t I accept my Family Sharing invite?
- 5 How does Family Sharing work with Apple music?
- 6 Can I share my Apple music with my daughter?
- 7 How do I share music with Family Sharing?
- 8 How do I add family members to Family Sharing on iCloud?
- 9 How do I share Apple Music without Family Sharing?
- 10 How do I accept an invitation to Family Sharing on Apple music?
- 11 Where do I find Family Sharing invitation?
- 12 How do you accept Family Sharing on iPhone?
- 13 Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
- 14 What happens when you share a subscription with your family?
- 15 How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
- 16 Who is charged for the subscription?
- 17 How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
- 18 Before you get started
- 19 What is Family Sharing?
- 20 Setting up Family Sharing
- 21 Invite family members
- 22 Next steps
- 23 How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
- 24 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
- 25 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
- 26 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
- 27 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
- 28 Additional FAQ
- 29 Family Matters
- 30 How add a family member to your Apple Music subscription
- 31 How to subscribe to Apple Music family Plan for the first time
- 32 How to switch to an Apple Music family plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 33 How to switch to an Apple Music family plan on the Mac
- 34 How to set up Family Sharing on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 35 How to set up Family Sharing on a Mac
- 36 How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 37 How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on macOS Catalina
- 38 How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on macOS Mojave or earlier
- 39 How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- 40 √Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- 41 XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
- 42 1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
- 43 2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- 44 √Common Problems
- 45 Get your family on the same beat with an Apple Music Family plan
- 46 How to sign up for Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
- 47 How to sign up for Apple Music’s family plan
- 48 Questions?
- 49 Add Family Member to Apple Music? Fixed!
- 50 Part 1. Add a Family Member to Apple Music via Official Way
- 51 Part 2. Alternative Way to Share Apple Music with Family Member
- 52 Part 3. In Conclusion
- 53 How to Use Apple Music and Family Sharing
- 54 Getting Started
- 55 Add More People to Your Family Sharing Plan
- 56 A few other things you should know
Why can’t I add family members to Apple music?
Log out of Apple Music and iTunes and back in If you or a family member have trouble with Apple Music or iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, try signing out of your accounts on your devices, then signing back in, or turning off iCloud Music Library and turning it back on.
How do I add family members to family sharing?
Step 2: Share with your family
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google One app.
- At the top, tap Settings.
- Tap Manage family settings.
- Turn on Share Google One with your family. To confirm, on the next screen, tap Share.
- Tap Manage family group. Invite family members.
- Follow the instructions to finish setup.
Can’t accept Apple music family invite?
Go to Settings > [your name] > Invitations. If you’re still not seeing the invite, have the the family member resend the invitation on their device by going to Settings > [name] > Family Sharing. Once there, have them select your name and then select Resend Invitation. Best regards.
Why can’t I accept my Family Sharing invite?
If you can’t accept the invitation, see if someone else joined a family with your Apple ID or is sharing purchased content from your Apple ID. Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year.
How does Family Sharing work with Apple music?
When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes for each family member.
With Family Sharing, you and up to five other family members can share access to amazing Apple services like iCloud+, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade. Each family member uses their own account, so everyone’s experience stays personalized and private.
Check your Family Sharing settings
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Confirm or change the Apple ID that you want to use to share content.
- Tap Back in the upper-left corner to go back to Family Sharing.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share Purchases with Family is turned on.
How do I add family members to Family Sharing on iCloud?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing. Click iCloud Storage. Click Share. Follow the onscreen instructions.
How can we share Apple music? You can’t without Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with you being adults. Each member can redeem Apple Gift Cards to their accounts which will be charged before the organizer’s method of payment.
How do I accept an invitation to Family Sharing on Apple music?
How to Accept a Family Sharing Invitation on Your iOS Device
- STEP 1: From your Home screen, go to Settings.
- STEP 2: Tap the Apple ID banner at the top.
- STEP 3: Tap Invitations.
- STEP 4: Tap Accept.
- STEP 5: Tap Confirm.
- STEP 6: Tap on Continue to share purchases.
- STEP 7: Tap on Share Your Location or Not Now.
Where do I find Family Sharing invitation?
Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing. Tap Add Member. Tap “Invite in Person.”
How do you accept Family Sharing on iPhone?
How to accept a Family Sharing invitation on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap the Apple ID banner at the top.
- Tap Invitations.
- Tap Accept.
- Tap Confirm.
- Tap Continue to share purchases.
- Tap to share your location or tap Not Now.
Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
Many Apple memberships, such as Apple TV+, iCloud+, and Apple Fitness+, may be shared among members of your immediate family.
Apple TV+ provides you and up to five family members with access to Apple Original TV series and movies, as well as the ability to share Apple services such as Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and other content. When you share subscriptions, each individual sees their personal preferences and suggestions — not the preferences and recommendations of the whole household. When you share an iCloud+ plan, family members cannot see each other’s images, files, or documents unless they have permission to do so.
How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
After you’ve set up Family Sharing, any subscriptions that are eligible for sharing are instantly shared with your family members. If any of your family members are unable to access a membership, follow these steps:
- Individual or student subscriptions should be upgraded to a family plan
- Otherwise, the subscription should be cancelled. Third-party subscriptions, which are subscriptions that are not created by Apple and are not available for sharing, may not be eligible for sharing. If a subscription is shareable, you will see a Share with Family option when you go to SettingsSubscriptions and touch the subscription
- If a subscription is not shareable, you will not see a Share with Family option.
Who is charged for the subscription?
When Purchase Sharing is enabled, the family organizer is responsible for paying for everyone’s subscriptions. Purchase Sharing can be turned off if you are the family organizer and do not wish to be responsible for the purchases and subscriptions made by family members. When Purchase Sharing is disabled, each individual is required to utilize their own payment method. Families who disable Purchase Sharing can still share subscriptions, but they will not be able to share individual purchases like as apps or books.
Date of Publication:
How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
If you’re looking for something melodious or melody-adjacent, Apple Music is one of the best streaming services to use. As the world’s largest music streaming service with more than 72,000 million users and more than 90,000 tracks from the most popular musicians of today, Spotify’s arch-nemesis has a lot to be jealous of. Those who sign up for Apple Music for the first time will receive three months of free service as a thank you for your loyalty. Upon expiration of the trial period, subscriptions are charged on a monthly ($9) or yearly ($99) basis.
Besides the fact that college students may obtain Apple Music for $5/month, an Apple Music family plan is another method to save money on your monthly membership.
Before you know it, you’ll have numerous members of your family streaming music from the same source (and helping you pay that Apple Music premium).
Before you get started
A few items are required in order to follow the directions in this tutorial, some of which are more evident than others. Here is a list of everything you’ll need. To begin, you’ll need an Apple ID, which should be available to everyone who has at least one iOS or macOS device or uses any other Apple service. In order to use this app, you’ll need an iOS device running iOS 8 or later, or an Apple computer running OS X Yosemite or later. Of course, you’ll also need an Apple Music Family membership to make use of this feature.
The process of upgrading an Individual Apple Music subscription to a Family subscription is straightforward, and extensive instructions can be found in the support area of the Apple website’s help section.
What is Family Sharing?
Following the steps in this article will require a few items, some of which are more evident than others, in order for you to be able to complete the task at hand. A valid Apple ID is required to begin, which should be obtained by everyone who has at least one iOS or macOS device, as well as any other Apple service. In order to use this app, you’ll need an iOS device running iOS 8 or later, or an Apple Mac running OS X Yosemite or later. It goes without saying that you’ll also require an Apple Music Family membership.
The process of upgrading an Individual Apple Music subscription to a Family subscription is straightforward, and extensive instructions can be found in the support area of the Apple website’s help center.
Setting up Family Sharing
Instead of operating independently, Apple Music’s Family plan makes use of the infrastructure already in place for Apple’s Family Sharing service. Please proceed to the next step if you already have Family Sharing set up and are just interested in adding new family members to your existing group. In this section, we will cover how to set-up your Family subscription for the first time if you have never utilized Family Sharing before.
Setting up Family Sharing on iOS
The good news for those of you reading this post on your iPhone or iPad is that it’s easy to set up Family Sharing right now with just a few simple steps.
- Locate the Family Sharing options by going to: Open theSettingsapp and either press on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scroll down and tap on theiCloud settings button
- Or Set up family sharing by selecting Set Up Family Sharing: Then click on Get Started. From here, simply follow the on-screen instructions until the setup is complete. Invite your friends and family: If you’re running iOS 11 or later, you’ll be prompted to select the first function you’d like to make available for sharing before continuing. Simply follow the steps to invite family members via Messages from this point.
Setting up Family Sharing on Mac
If you’re using a Mac, configuring Family Sharing is just as simple, if not simpler, than configuring it on an iPhone or iPad. The procedures are only somewhat different.
- System Preferences may be accessed by clicking on the ever-present Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen and selecting it. Once the settings box has been opened, selectFamily Sharing from the drop-down menu. If you’re using a device running macOS Mojave or earlier, you’ll want to selectiCloud rather than Family Sharing. Begin the setup procedure by clicking on the following link: Simply select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the onscreen directions to finish the procedure.
Invite family members
You must now add family members in order for them to be able to access Apple Music, regardless of whether you have already set up Family Sharing or have just followed the procedures outlined above. This may be done on a Mac, an iOS device, or an Android smartphone. The procedures for each are outlined below.
- Obtaining the Family Sharing options is as simple as opening theSettingsapp and tapping on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scrolling down and opening theiCloud settings
- Add a new member to the family: It’s as simple as selecting Add Family Member and providing their name or email address in the appropriate field. Then simply follow the on-screen directions
- This is it. Complete the setup: It is possible to select whether to invite a family member through Messages or in person if you are using an iOS device running version 11 or later.
- Open the iCloud settings by clicking on the following link: Go to System Preferences and selectiCloud from the drop-down menu next to the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen. Family settings that are available: Simply select Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Add a new member to the family: Then, after clicking the Plus symbol, follow the onscreen directions
- Open the Apple Music preferences by clicking on the following link: Open Apple Music and then click on the menu symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Account settings from the drop-down menu: Identify yourself by tapping on your photo or name at the top of the screen. Membership options may be accessed from here: To manage your membership, choose Manage Membership and then enter your iCloud password if requested
- Family settings that are available: Select eitherFamily orFamily Setup from the drop-down menu. Family members can be added as follows: Adding family members is simple if you chooseFamily Setup from the drop-down menu on the screen. If you choose Family, select AddFamily Memberat the bottom of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
You should be fully set on your end at this point. That leaves just one thing to do: convince your family members to really start using Apple Music. Simply logging into Apple Music using the same credentials that they use for Family Sharing will enable them to begin listening immediately. Having said that, every now and then, things don’t go quite as smoothly as you’d intended.
If you run into trouble
The use of several accounts by a family member and login into Apple Music or iCloud (in the case of Family Sharing) using the incorrect account is a regular problem. If one individual is experiencing difficulty accessing Apple Music, the first thing to check is their internet connection. Some difficulties that prohibit you or another family member from accessing a Family subscription can be resolved by logging out and logging back in. In the first instance, try logging out of the impacted Apple Music account and then signing back in once again.
After trying both of these approaches with no success, try deleting everyone from Family Sharing and then re-adding them.
And it’s really as simple as that.
If you’re thinking about adding another service to your repertoire to share with your family, have a look at our list of the finest music-streaming services. Alternatively, if you decide to switch to another provider, we’ve put up a tutorial on how to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
- The use of multiple accounts by a family member and logging into Apple Music or iCloud (in the case of Family Sharing) with the incorrect account is a common issue. If one person is experiencing difficulties accessing Apple Music, the first thing to check is their internet connection. Some issues that prevent you or your family member from accessing a Family subscription can be resolved by logging out and logging back in. In the first instance, try logging out of the affected Apple Music account and then logging back in. It’s worth trying again with all of your Apple services if that doesn’t resolve the issue. Remove everyone from Family Sharing and then re-add them if neither of these methods work for you. If you follow the steps listed above, you should be able to complete it fairly quickly. That’s all there is to it. You might want to check out our roundup of the best music-streaming services if you’re thinking about adding another service to your household. You can cancel your Apple Music account if you decide to switch to another service. Here’s how to cancel your Apple Music account.
How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
One of the many wonderful features of Apple Music is the ability to share your membership with others. By registering for a Family Membership, you and your family members will be able to share the same plan across numerous Apple IDs. All you have to do is create a Family Sharing group and ask your friends and family members to join. It’s really simple to figure out how to include a family member in your group. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of sending invitations to Apple Music on various devices using step-by-step instructions.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
First and foremost, you must establish a family group. Here’s how you go about it:
- “Settings” should be opened. Select “Set up Family Sharing” from the options menu after selecting the “Name, Phone Number, Email” tab at the top of the list. There will be a pop-up window that appears. To begin, use the “Get Started” button. If you want to learn more about family sharing, click on “Learn More about Family Sharing.” Choose Apple Music from the drop-down menu that appears. Wait for the device to confirm that your Family Membership subscription has been activated. Continue to send out invitations to the group
You are not need to add all of your family members at once. You may progressively increase the number of people until you hit the six-person maximum. You may also send and accept invitations using the app, which works on all Apple devices. Instructions for inviting family members to Apple Music on an iPhone are as follows:
- Access your Apple ID profile by going to “Settings” and selecting it. Select “Add Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. Fill up the blanks with the name or email address of a member of your family. You may manually invite them or send them a message using “Messages.” Choose only one approach
- To finish the procedure, follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
When you give someone an invitation, they must accept it on their device before you can proceed. Any existing accounts will be terminated as soon as they sign up for the service. Keep in mind that each member of the family must have their own Apple ID. They will not be able to access your Apple Music account until you grant them permission. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, you may recover it by going to iforgot.apple.com and entering your name and email address there. If your child is too young to have an Apple ID profile, you may establish one for him or her on your computer.
- Go to “Settings” and choose your Apple ID profile from the list
- Select “Add Family Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. “Create a Child Account” will appear in the drop-down list of possibilities. To proceed, press “Next.” Set the month, day, and year of your child’s birthday to the appropriate values. It’s an important stage in identifying what kind of services you’ll be needing later. Be careful, since once you’ve selected a date, there’s no going back. Take a look at the “Parent Privacy Notice.” When you’re finished, click “Agree.” Choose the payment option that you’ve chosen in advance. “Next.” should be used to confirm. Fill in the required information to set up your child’s Apple ID on your computer. When you’re finished, click “Next” and then “Create.” To finish setting up the profile, follow the step-by-step steps provided in the tutorial. You have the option of selecting both a password and security questions. You can prevent your youngster from making unlawful purchases by turning on the “Ask to Buy” feature. If they attempt to purchase something from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books, you’ll receive a notice. Once this is done, a new window will open, which will include the “Terms and Conditions.” After you’ve finished reading, click “I agree.”
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
Apple Music is also available for Android-based smartphones and tablets. You may get the app from the Google Play Store and register for an account using it. Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the app. Fill up the search field at the top of the screen with the words “Apple Music.” Choose “Install” from the drop-down menu next to the app. To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. If you are a first-time user, you will be greeted with a welcome message. Continue by tapping the screen. Choose a subscription plan from the list of available choices. Sign in by pressing on “Use Existing Apple ID” and entering the digits that appear on the screen
- Decide on a payment option and double-check your billing details
- Choose “Join Apple Music.” from the drop-down menu.
Open Google Play Store and search for “Google Play.” In the search bar at the top of the screen, type in “Apple Music” and hit enter. Make a selection beneath the app and click “Install.” Apple Music will open when you click on its icon. An introductory message will be displayed if you are the first time user. Continue by pressing the arrow keys. Make your choice from the available subscription plans. Sign in by tapping on “Use Existing Apple ID” and entering the digits that appear on your screen.
- To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. To access the settings menu, click on the three vertical dots in the top-left corner of the screen. Select your profile image or username from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. From the “Account Settings” drop-down menu, select “Membership Settings.” After that, select “Manage Membership.” Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu. Then, from the drop-down menu, select “Family Setup.” Complete the step-by-step steps to invite a member of your household.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
The Apple Menu provides access to your subscription plan management. The following steps will show you how to invite family members to Apple Music on a Mac:
- Open the Apple menu by pressing the I key. Make a selection from the control panel’s “System Preferences.” Make a selection from “Family Sharing.” “Add Family Member” will be the first option you see when you start the walk-through. Make certain that none of the steps are skipped.
YouriCloudaccount will be required if your laptop is running an earlier version of macOS (for example, Mojave). Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Apple Menu, which is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select “iCloud” from the “System Preferences” menu. Select “Manage Family” from the drop-down menu, followed by the “+Add Member” option. To finish the process, follow the on-screen directions.
You may set up your child’s Apple ID on a Mac in the same way that you would on an iOS device. Here’s how you go about it:
- It is possible to set up your child’s Apple ID on a Mac in the same way that you would on an iOS device. How to go about it is as follows:
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
Unfortunately, Family Sharing is not available on Windows-based computers. It is necessary to have OS X Yosemite installed in order to subscribe to a family subscription plan (and above).
Alternatively, if you receive an invitation from someone, you can try to access it using theiCloud for Windowsapp. It’s possible that you’ll be able to join pre-existing groups this way. In the case of a Windows PC, unfortunately, there is no method to create a Family Sharing group.
There is a restriction to the number of different family members that may be added to Apple Music at one time. No more than six users – or, to be precise, six unique Apple ID accounts – may enjoy the same subscription plan at the same time. It is necessary for each member to have their own Apple ID. If their children are under the age of thirteen, their parents can set up an account for them. Adding them to the Family Sharing group, on the other hand, is not the only option to do so. If they happen to have a Game Center account, you may utilize it to replace their account.
- Go to “Settings” and select your name from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on “Family Sharing,” followed by “Add Family Member.” For Mac users, select “+ Add” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your child’s Game Center login in the appropriate field.
- Follow the steps outlined on the screen until the completion.
Can I Invite Friends to My Apple Music Family Membership?
Anyone who satisfies at least one of the following qualifications is eligible to be invited to the event: Has a valid Apple ID on his or her device. Has an Apple ID and an iCloud account. Has an iOS device from a more recent generation. In other words, you need an iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or above. Has a PC running the OS X Yosemite operating system. Later versions of the document are likewise acceptable. Does your family have an Apple Music subscription? If your buddy is currently subscribed to a different service, they can upgrade to a Family Membership.
- Launch the Apple Music application and select “Settings.” 2.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Family Subscription” from the drop-down menu of subscription options that are offered.
- Finally, hit “Purchase” to finish the transaction.
- Here’s how you go about it: 1.
- A new window will be opened for you.
- Locate your existing subscription plan and click on the “Edit” button next to it to make any necessary changes.
- Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu.
With Apple Music, everyone in the family can get involved in the excitement. With a single subscription package, you may use up to six distinct Apple IDs at the same time. No one, including children, is required to be excluded from the Family Sharing group. Alternatively, you may create an Apple ID account in their place or ask them to join through Game Center.
Are you a member of a Family Membership? If so, please log in. Do you prefer not to have your account information shared with others? Leave a comment below and tell us about your Apple Music experience.
How add a family member to your Apple Music subscription
AppleInsider is supported by its readers, and as an Amazon Associate and associate partner, AppleInsider may receive commissions on qualifying purchases. Our editorial content is not influenced by our affiliate partnerships in any way. Sharing your Apple Music Family membership with additional members of your home is a terrific way to save money while still taking use of Apple’s extensive collection of streaming music content on demand. To add family members to your Apple Music membership, you’ll need to go through the steps outlined in this article.
An individual plan costs $9.99 per month, but a family plan costs only $14.99 per month, resulting in significant discounts for larger households.
Check to see that the device you’re using is well charged and connected to a solid Wi-Fi or cellular network, that you have a legitimate form of payment on hand, and that you set aside at least 20 minutes to set it up before you begin.
In the event that you have never subscribed before, congrats!
How to subscribe to Apple Music family Plan for the first time
- On eligible purchases, AppleInsider receives support from its readers and may get a commission as an Amazon Associate and associate partner. There is no effect on our editorial content as a result of these affiliate relationships. You may save money by sharing your Apple Music Family subscription with additional members of your family while still enjoying Apple’s extensive selection of streaming music content. To add family members to your Apple Music membership, you’ll need to go through the following procedures. If you have at least two individuals who will be utilizing Family Sharing, you will be able to save a significant amount of money on your monthly Apple Music membership. An individual plan costs $9.99 a month, but a family plan costs only $14.99 a month, resulting in significant discounts for larger households. Prior to adding a family member to your Apple Music membership, there are a few steps you’ll need to take first. Check to see that the device you’re using is well charged and connected to a solid Wi-Fi or cellular network, that you have a legitimate form of payment on hand, and that you block out at least 20 minutes to set it up before you begin. The first step is to demonstrate how to sign up for an Apple Music family package. In the event that you have never subscribed before, you will receive a three-month free trial as a thank you!
Of course, if you currently have an Apple Music subscription as an individual, you will be unable to take advantage of the free family plan trial offer. As a result, you’ll need to upgrade from an individual plan to a family plan, which may be accomplished by following the procedures outlined below. If you have an iOS/iPadOS device, you may convert to a family Plan, and you can also do it from a Mac or Windows PC.
How to switch to an Apple Music family plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings application. Select Subscriptions from the drop-down menu under your name. Individual Apple Music Membership
- TapFamily (1 Month)
- Individual Apple Music Membership
How to switch to an Apple Music family plan on the Mac
- Start by opening the App Store
- Clicking your name in the bottom left corner
- ClickingView Informationin the top right corner
- Scrolling toSubscriptionsand clickingManage
- ClickingApple Music Subscription
- ClickingFamily (1 month)
- And then clickingDone (or cancelling the subscription).
After you’ve gotten everything in order and have an active family membership to Apple Music, you may share it with other members of your family by enabling Family Sharing on your device. Family Sharing will enable you to add a family member to your Apple Music family plan. For more information, see Apple Music Family Plan. This procedure may be completed on a Mac or on any device running iOS or iPadOS. Each family group can only be moderated by one adult, who should be the same person whose Apple ID has an active family plan membership to Apple Music.
To guarantee appropriate setup, that individual should complete the procedures outlined below.
How to set up Family Sharing on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- After that, tap on your name in the Settings menu. Tap Set Up Family Sharing, which will guide you through the process of setting up Family Sharing
- Then tap Finish.
How to set up Family Sharing on a Mac
- Using Catalina, select System Preferences followed byFamily Sharing
- If not using Catalina, use theApple menu. To access iCloud if you’re on macOS Mojave or an older version of the operating system, go to System Preferences and theniCloud. To set up Family Sharing, just follow the on-screen directions.
Using Catalina, choose System Preferences followed byFamily Sharing; if not using Catalina, select the Apple menu. To access iCloud if you’re running macOS Mojave or a previous version of the operating system, go to System Preferences > iCloud. To set up Family Sharing, just follow the on-screen prompts.
How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Navigate to theSettings menu. Tap on your name, and then on “Family Sharing” to begin. Select Add a Family Member from the drop-down menu. Enter the email address associated with your family member’s Apple ID. Optionally, you may choose whether you want to invite them through Messages, or whether you want them to input their ID and password directly from your smartphone. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the task.
How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on macOS Catalina
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu after selecting the Apple menu. Simply select Family Sharing and then Add Family Member, then follow the on-screen directions.
How to invite people to join your Family Sharing group on macOS Mojave or earlier
- SelectiCloud from the Apple Menu
- Then selectManage Family. To add a family member, click the Add Family Member button and follow the on-screen directions.
How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- Why You Might Not Want One
- What You Should Know About Family Plans How to Create an Apple Music Family Account
- How to Create an Apple Music Family Account How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why you would want a family plan, as well as some reasons why you might not. Create an Apple Music Family Account; How to Create an Apple Music Family Account How to Add Family Members to Your Account; Frequently Asked Questions; Frequently Asked Questions.
√Why You Might Want a Family Plan
Purchasing an Apple Music family subscription, which costs $15 per month, grants you and up to five more family members access to the streaming platform. Each member of the family will have their own personal account, and the family plan will provide additional perks as well. If you want to share something, you may do it at any time and at any place, according to Apple. When it comes to Apple Music, this includes any purchases made through the iTunes store.
XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
To be sure, not every household will benefit from having an Apple Music Family Account. Individual accounts may be a better option for you, depending on your specific circumstances and needs. This is especially true if you and your partner are both students who qualify for education pricing (which is only $4.99 a month). Nonetheless, a $15 Apple Music membership for up to six people is a fantastic deal. Therefore, take stock of your own situation and assess your possibilities.
1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
Remember that you will need an Apple ID to complete this process, although if you own an Apple device you most likely already have one. In addition, you’ll need at least one iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or macOS device running iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite or later to participate. Of course, you’ll also need to purchase an Apple Music Family membership to use the service effectively.
Get an Apple Music Family Subscription
If you don’t already have an Apple Music account, you may create one by clicking here. Make sure you select the Family subscription option when configuring your account. If you already have an account and are presently on a device that you are logged into, you may sign in by clicking this link for iOS or this link for macOS. Alternatively, you can follow the methods outlined below. Users of the iOS operating system
- Open Apple Music and choose For You from the drop-down menu. Then select theProfile symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen. Locate and choose View Account from the drop-down menu. (Alternatively, select View Apple ID from the drop-down menu.) Then, scroll down to Subscriptions and click on it. Click onApple Music
- Then click onFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection.
Users of Mac OS X should note the following:
- Make sure you’re logged in with your Apple ID when you open iTunes. Account may be found by clicking on it. View My Account by selecting it from the top menu bar. Log in with your credentials and choose View Account
- Scroll to the bottom of the Account Information page to find Settings. ClickManage
- Then clickApple Music
- And so on. SelectFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection
Set up Family Sharing
A membership to Apple Music Family is not available as a stand-alone offering. It is integrated with Apple’sFamily Sharingplatform, among other things. You’ll need to set up Family Sharing as a result of this in order to invite your family members to your plan. This post will presume that you wish to be what Apple refers to as the “family organizer,” who is in charge of setting up and maintaining the platform. If you are unable to complete these tasks, ask someone else in your family to assist you.
- On theApple IDcard (it should say your name)
- And then click on theGeneral tab. Set up family sharing by tappingSet Up Family Sharing
- Then tapGet Started and follow the instructions.
Users of Mac OS X should note the following:
- Click on theApple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar to open the Apple menu. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Select iCloud from the drop-down menu
- Select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the steps
2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
Following the purchase of an Apple Music family membership and the configuration of Family Sharing, you may begin asking family members to join you. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Settings menu. Tap theApple ID card (which contains your name)
- Family Sharing may be accessed by tapping it. Select Add a Family Member from the drop-down menu. Fill up the blanks with their name or email address
- Pay attention to the directions
- To access the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar, choose it. Select System Preferences
- Then select iCloud from the drop-down menu. Locate and choose Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Click on the plus sign and follow the on-screen directions
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. To access the menu, click on themenu symbol in the upper-left corner. Accountsettings (it should be your photo or name on the screen)
- Select “Manage Membership” from the drop-down menu. Depending on which option is available, select Family or Family Setup from the drop-down menu. If you choose Family, continue the on-screen instructions. If you choose Family Setup, then select Add Family Member and follow the on-screen instructions.
What to Do From Here
- Once you’ve completed the procedures outlined above, the only thing left to do is encourage your family member to begin using Apple Music. Simply open Apple Music on their device (while signed into their iCloud and Apple ID accounts) and sign in with the same credentials you used to send them an invitation
- The first thing to keep in mind is that if someone in your family is presently using an Apple Music free trial, they will not be able to be joined to a family subscription. You’ll have to wait until the trial time expires before continuing. However, another typical snag is that a family member may be using an Apple ID that differs from the one you used to invite them. Prior to contacting Apple Support, double-check that this is the case
- If you continue to experience problems, try logging out and back in. If that is not an option, you can remove that family member from Family Sharing and then invite them back in.
Get your family on the same beat with an Apple Music Family plan
Apple Music’s family plan is integrated with the Family Sharing feature in iOS 14 and Mac OS X Big Sur. It allows numerous separate Apple IDs to share calendars, photographs, movies, television shows, and music through Family Sharing. Prior to the introduction of Family Sharing, families were required to utilize a single Apple ID for all of their purchases, which was inconvenient on a number of levels. When you sign up for an Apple Music Family plan, which allows you to stream music to up to six devices or accounts at the same time, Family Sharing takes care of all of the technical aspects of the subscription for you.
So, grab your favorite iPhone and follow the steps outlined below to sign up for and activate an Apple Music family subscription on your device.
How to sign up for Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
In order to utilize the Apple Music Family Plan, you must first sign up for Family Sharing, which can be done via the Apple Music Family Plan website. The individual responsible for organizing the family should be the one who sets up Family Sharing in the beginning. It is your responsibility as family organizer to accept purchase requests from all members of the family group. Even more crucially, you are committing to pay for any purchases made by any member of the family group, whether an adult or a kid.
For a new iPhone, you’ll need to go through the process of signing up for family sharing, if you haven’t already done so.
- The Settings app may be accessed from your Home screen. Source: iMore
- SelectFamily Sharing from theApple ID banner at the top of the screen. Set up your family by tapping on Set Up Your Family
- Invite people by tapping on Invite People. You’ll also find a list of the current services that will be presented on this page. iMore. Then, select the invitation method that you wish to utilize and invite the contact(s)
- Then, tapDone.
In the future, you can invite more individuals to your Family Sharing account if you choose, but only after they have accepted your invitation to become a member of your family. You’ll be able to begin sharing your Apple Music family plan with them as soon as you’re finished.
How to sign up for Apple Music’s family plan
Please keep in mind that if any of your family members have previously signed up for an Apple Music free trial, this will not work; you will need to wait until after their free trial time has expired before adding them to your Apple Music Family subscription.
- Use your Home screen to launch theMusic app
- Tap theListen Nowtab at the bottom of your screen
- Tap theaccount buttonin the top right
- Source: iMore
- TapJoin Apple Music
- Tap theFamily Plan
- TapJoin Apple Musicat the bottom of your screen
- iMore. TapSubscribe
- Sign in using your Apple ID password by tappingSign In. iMore.
Now that you’ve signed up for Apple Music’s Family plan, all of the members of your Family Sharing group (up to six people) will be able to use Apple Music as soon as they log into their Apple Music accounts.
If you have any questions regarding signing up for an Apple Music Family subscription, please post them in the comments section below. July 20, 2021: This page has been updated. This version has been updated to work with iOS 14. From what we can discern, these processes are the same in the iOS 15 beta as they are in the final release.
Millions of music are available to you in your pocket. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available on Apple’s music streaming service. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
You will require a digital to analog converter in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music on your computer (DAC). Let’s take a look at which digital audio converters are the finest for your iPhone or iPad.
Add Family Member to Apple Music? Fixed!
Apple Music is a music streaming service that is owned and developed by Apple Inc. It allows users to stream music on-demand. Anyone may listen to their favorite music on Apple Music without having to download or save it to their phone, which is convenient. Apple Music provides access to millions of music and playlists that can be accessed from any location and at any time of the day or night. Apple Music also includes a 24-hour radio station, Beats 1, which is broadcast in over 100 countries and is available worldwide.
Another advantage of Apple Music is that it may be used from a single account on up to six Apple devices at the same time.
For example, if you have six family members, all of whom use Apple devices, a single family membership will work for all of them, and they will be able to enjoy Apple Music on their own devices as well as together. We’ll teach you how to add family members to your Apple Music account in this post.
- Part 1: Add an Apple Family Member to Apple Music
- Part 2: Share Apple Music with a Family Member
- And Part 3: Conclusion.
Part 1. Add a Family Member to Apple Music via Official Way
Apple Music now offers three different types of subscriptions: student, individual, and family, all of which are available for purchase. As a result, if you want this guide to work for you, you must have the ‘Apple Music Family Plan.’ With this family package, you have the option to add or invite up to six family members at any given time. This article will walk you through the process of adding a family member to Apple Music.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later; Mac computer running OS X Yosemite or later; and an Apple ID logged in to iCloud on iOS or iTunes on Mac OS. * Apple Music Family Plan. It will also work if any of the family members has an Android device.
Step 1. How to Start a Family Group
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later; Mac computer running OS X Yosemite or later; and an Apple ID logged in to iCloud on iOS or iTunes on Mac OS.* Apple Music Family Plan. Any Android device owned by a member of the family will be compatible.
1. Navigate to the “SettingsYour Name” page. If you’re running iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to “SettingsiCloud” to configure your account. To get started, select Set Up Family Sharing from the drop-down menu. Follow the on-screen prompts to create your family and ask your loved ones to join you. In iOS 11 or later, you’ll have to select the first feature that you’d like to share with your family before proceeding. To invite your family members, send an iMessage to them while following the instructions.
For Mac OS
Setting up family sharing on Android is even simpler than on iOS. The following are the measures to take. 1. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, then select iCloud. To create a family, click Create Family. 2. Now, to complete the setup, follow the on-screen directions.
Step 2. Invite Family Member to Apple Music
You have now successfully formed an Apple Family Group, and all that remains is for you to send individual invites to each member of your family. Keep in mind that only six people, including you, have access to Apple Music. As a result, you may only send around six invites. To invite a family member to Apple Music, follow the procedures outlined below.
1. Open the “SettingsYour NameFamily Sharing” menu on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Users of iOS 10.2 or before should navigate to “SettingsiCloudFamily.” 2. Select “Add Family Member” from the drop-down menu. Enter the name of a family member or his or her email address and follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. When using iOS 11 or later, select whether you’d want to send an invitation via Messages or if you’d like to invite them in person to your event. Once you’ve done that, follow the onscreen instructions.
1. If you are using the Mac operating system, please follow the instructions below to invite a family member to Apple Music. Select “Apple menuSystem Preferences, then iCloud” from the drop-down menu. 2. Select “Manage Family” from the drop-down menu. Follow the onscreen instructions after clicking on the “+” (Plus icon) in step 3.
It is also possible to get Apple Music on Android. Consequently, it is not required for the primary user to constantly utilize an iDevice to conduct business. In such case, if you are the family’s head of household and have Apple Music on an Android device with a family plan, please follow these instructions to invite your family members. 1. Launch the Apple Music application and choose the menu icon in the upper left corner. 2. At the top of the screen, tap your photo or name to choose it. Tap “Manage Membership” and, if prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to complete the process.
Select either Family or Family Setup from the drop-down menu.
Selecting the ‘Family’ option will allow you to add family members, while selecting the ‘Family Setup’ option will allow you to create a family group.
You’ve set up a family group and asked all of your family members to join. It’s now up to your family members to accept the offer and begin enjoying Apple Music on their own mobile devices. They must utilize the identical Apple Ids that were used to issue the invites to the event as well.
If you do not have an Apple Music Family membership, or if for any reason Apple Music does not function as intended, we have a solution for you to share Apple Music with your family members that is not as complicated. Apple Music may be shared with friends and family once it has been converted to MP3 format. To share Apple Music with your friends and family, you must first remove the Apple DRM protection from the music usingAudfree Apple Music Converter and then convert the music to MP3. An overview of how to use audfree Apple Music Converter for Mac is provided below.
- Download and install Audfree for Mac or Windows on your computer.
- To add files to the main interface, click the ‘Add Files’ button in the bottom-left corner.
- In addition, you may drag and drop M4P files into Audfree.
- Codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate are just a few of the options that may be customized.
- To complete step 5, please navigate to the destination folder and copy all of the MP3 files, which you can then share with your family members.
Part 3. In Conclusion
Apple Music stands out as a helpful and significant online music streaming service when compared to the other available options. Apple Music contains approximately 50 million songs, and the fact that it can be shared with family members makes it even better. As a result, a single subscription serves the needs of six family members. Apple Music is also available for a free three-month trial period. Anyone interested in purchasing its family plan should first check it out for three months in its entirety before deciding whether or not to purchase a subscription.
I hope this is true.
It is far simpler to share MP3 files than it is to setup an Apple Family group.
More information may be found here.
How to Use Apple Music and Family Sharing
There are many things you like sharing with your family, including laughing, trips, memories, and other experiences. Now, thanks to Apple’s Family Sharing membership choices, your ability to share the things you care about has been elevated to a whole new level. Family Sharing is a cost-effective and simple-to-use service. Moreover, we’re here to guide you through the setup process and answer any questions you may have so that you can begin sharing right away. Using Apple’s Family Sharing subscription, up to six family members may share unlimited access to millions of songs on Apple Music.
- Music, TV shows, movies, games, and other content are available to you and your family.
- It’s a hit with my spouse and our college-age children.
- Fortunately, Apple has you covered with an Apple ID for kids.
- It is possible to establish constraints and permissions on Apple ID for kids, which may help keep your child or adolescent safe from inappropriate content, downloading of off-limits applications, and making payments.
You may relax knowing that your child will be streaming KidzBop in their AirPods throughout the day.
One person, usually an adult, sets up Family Sharing for the entire family group using their Apple device (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad), which they bring with them. (For Mac users, check the section below.)
- Go to SETTINGS
- Select FAMILY SHARING
- Select SET UP YOUR FAMILY
- And then follow the on-screen directions.
You’ll be ready to go as soon as your family members accept the invitation on their end. It’s just that simple!
Add More People to Your Family Sharing Plan
Do you want to share some more love? You may add another lucky family member if you already have Family Sharing set up. To do so, go to SETTINGSFAMILY SHARINGADD MEMBER and follow the instructions. It will inform you how many additional persons you may add to your family in this section. Select INVITE PEOPLE from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions. Setting up Family Share on your Mac is simple. On your Mac, setting up Family Share is exactly as simple as on your PC. Select APPLE MENUSYSTEM PREFERENCESFAMILY SHARING from the drop-down menu.
In addition to the services already mentioned, Family Share provides additional perks that I, as a parent, find to be quite beneficial.
You’ll be able to view the members of your sharing family there.
A section titled MORE TO SHARE is located below that.
“Subscribe one once, and everyone in your family receives access using their own devices and their own accounts,” the message says on the website.
This is a fantastic feature because just one person pays, but everyone can benefit from it!
But don’t worry, all of the photographs and content uploaded by users are kept private.
(Consider it as a row of lockers stacked high.) Each member has the ability to utilize one or two lockers without having access to the contents of the other lockers.) APPLE CASH is a fantastic feature for parents of teenagers and children under the age of 18.
IT’S TIME FOR THE SCREEN.
When a device is shared with a child who has a child Apple ID, you have access to the information about how your children use their devices.
Additionally, it generates weekly reports and provides information on individual apps.
Parents may also change the settings so that their children cannot make purchases, download applications, or do anything else without first sending a request to the parent’s phone.
Let’s say you don’t want to share so much information with your relatives. You’d rather solely exchange music, if that’s possible. It’s not an issue! Subscriptions to Apple Music may be obtained in two ways, depending on whether you’re a student, an individual, or a family.
- You may join up for a free trial period of three months by clicking on THIS LINK. In addition to this, you may use your device’s touch screen to access the Apple Music App, iTunes Listen Now, or the FOR YOUtap on the trial offer (for either one person or for family). You’ll check in with your Apple ID, confirm your billing information, and then you’ll be all set.
When you subscribe to Apple Music, you’ll have access to millions of music at your disposal. For a cheap monthly subscription cost, you may download content, build playlists, and do a variety of other things. Once your subscription has been established, you will have the option of upgrading to a student, individual, yearly, or family plan.
A few other things you should know
- Each user must have their own Apple ID in order for Apple Family sharing to function properly. In order to accept payments, the organizer must have a legitimate means of payment. Apple devices running IOS8 or later are required to operate with the sharing feature. Users of Mac computers must have OS X Yosemite installed in order to access sharing. Family members are not immediately added to the account. They must accept the invitation to participate that has been extended by the organizer. They might ask for a re-send of the invitation if they are unable to locate it. Despite the fact that you may access Apple Family Sharing using the Apple Music app on your Android phone, Family Sharing is most effective when all family members are using Apple devices. If a family member already has a subscription to a certain service, they will need to cancel it before they may accept your offer to share that service with them. Visit Apple’s pageHERE for more information on the advantages of becoming a member of Apple Family. If you encounter any difficulties, you may seek assistance from the Apple Family Sharing Support pageHERE.