Once you have the playlist on the screen, tap the menu button at the top right. Once you’ve selected Edit, just tap on the current playlist name at the top under the artwork to bring up the keyboard, and you can change the name. When you’re finished, just select Done at the top right.
- 1 How do I rename a playlist?
- 2 How do I edit a playlist in Apple Music 2020?
- 3 How do you rename a playlist on Apple music on a Mac?
- 4 How do you rename songs on Apple music on iPhone?
- 5 Why won’t my Apple Music let me edit my playlist?
- 6 How do you change the cover of a playlist on Apple music?
- 7 How do I edit a playlist on my iPhone?
- 8 Can you rename songs on Apple music?
- 9 Can you change artist name on Apple music?
- 10 Can you edit songs in Apple music?
- 11 How do you rename a playlist in Apple Mus…
- 12 Helpful answers
- 13 How to Rename Apple Music Playlists on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- 14 Rename a playlist on your iPhone
- 15 Rename a playlist on your iPad
- 16 Rename a playlist on your Mac
- 17 Unable to edit?
- 18 How to Rename a Playlist on an iPhone
- 19 Step 1
- 20 Step 2
- 21 Step 3
- 22 Step 4
- 23 Step 5
- 24 How to change your name on your Apple Music profile and make it easier for friends to connect with you
- 25 How to change your name on Apple Music on a mobile device
- 26 Related coverage fromTech Reference:
- 27 Change Profile Picture, Name, or Nickname in Apple Music
- 28 How to Update Your Apple Music Profile
- 29 What Happened to Apple Music Connect?
- 30 Apple Music Tidbits: Nicknames, Playlist Management, and More
- 31 Add a Nickname to Your Profile
- 32 Start a Station Based on a Song or Album
- 33 Create a Playlist
- 34 Change Library and Playlist View Options
- 35 Add to My Music
- 36 Make Music Available Offline
- 37 Get More Recommendations Based on Likes (or Hearts)
- 38 “Replay” Beats 1 Shows
- 39 Turn Off Apple Music
- 40 Turn Off iCloud Music Library
- 41 Replace ‘Connect’ Tab with ‘Playlist’ Tab
- 42 Turn Off Auto Renew
- 43 Popular Stories
- 43.1 Best Apple-Related Accessories at CES 2022
- 43.2 Top Stories: iPhone 14 Pro Without Notch, AirPods Pro 2, and More for 2022
- 43.3 WhatsApp Starts Rolling Out Profile Pictures in iOS Message Notifications
- 43.4 Peloton Now in Trouble Thanks to Apple Fitness+
- 43.5 Samsung Galaxy S22 Lineup Gets First In-Depth Closeup in Unboxing Video
- 43.6 The iPhone 14 Is Unlikely to Be Portless, Here’s Why
- 43.7 Apple Event in Spring 2022? Three New Products We Could See
- 43.8 Leaker Says iPhone 14 Pro to Feature Pill-Shaped Camera Cutout With Face ID Under the Display
- 44 How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
- 45 How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
- 46 How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- 47 How to Edit a Music Playlist:
- 48 How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- 49 Manage iTunes playlists: rename a playlist, remove songs, or skip songs
- 50 Rename an iTunes playlist
- 51 Open a playlist in its own iTunes window
- 52 Make iTunes Skip songs in a playlist
- 53 Remove songs from a playlist
- 54 30 Apple Music tips, tricks and features
- 55 Set-up
- 56 Interface
- 57 Organising your music
- 58 Music curation
- 59 Radio and TV
- 60 More features
- 61 How to Change the Order of a Playlist in iTunes
- 62 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
- 63 How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
- 64 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- 65 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
- 66 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
- 67 Additional FAQs
- 68 Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
How do I rename a playlist?
How to change a playlist name on Spotify using the mobile app
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the “Your Library” tab in the bottom toolbar, and tap the playlist you want to edit the name of.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen and select “Edit” or “Edit playlist.”
How do I edit a playlist in Apple Music 2020?
Edit a playlist you created on iPhone, tap Edit, then do any of the following: Add more songs: Tap Add Music, then choose music. You can also touch and hold an item (song, album, playlist, or music video), tap Add to a Playlist, then choose a playlist., then tap Delete.
How do you rename a playlist on Apple music on a Mac?
In the Music app on your Mac, select a playlist in the sidebar on the left. Do any of the following: Rename the playlist: Select the playlist name at the top of the window, then enter a new name.
How do you rename songs on Apple music on iPhone?
You can’t change the names of songs through the iPhone’s Music app. You can’t change the names of songs directly on your iPhone. To change the names of songs on your iPhone, you have to first change the name of the song in the iTunes music library and then sync your iPhone with iTunes.
Why won’t my Apple Music let me edit my playlist?
Question: Q: Cannot add/edit my Apple Music Playlists Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on. If you already have music on your device, you’re asked if you want to keep the music that’s on your device. If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
How do you change the cover of a playlist on Apple music?
How to easily change your Apple Music playlists cover art
- 1) Tap the Edit button on the top right of the playlist screen.
- 2) Tap on the current cover image.
- 3) Choose from either Take Photo or Choose Photo.
- 4) Select your photo and when it displays on your playlist, tap Done on the top right.
How do I edit a playlist on my iPhone?
You can also edit playlists on your iPhone. To do so, tap the Playlists icon at the bottom of the screen (or tap More and then tap Playlists), and then tap the playlist you want to edit. Three buttons appear near the top of the screen — Edit, Clear, and Delete — with the songs in the playlist listed below them.
Can you rename songs on Apple music?
Change the song name: Select the song, choose Song > Info (or press Command-I), click Details, make your changes, then press Return.
Can you change artist name on Apple music?
You can edit and change this information using the Music app on a Mac or iTunes on a Windows computer, but this can’t be done in iOS. You can do this in iTunes by right clicking on the song or album and selecting “Get Info.” This can be done in macOS as well.
Can you edit songs in Apple music?
Hi, If the songs have been downloaded from Apple Music, You can’t modify them. This may be the reason that the changes are not being accepted. Apple Music tracks don’t come with the same “rights” as purchased iTunes tracks.
How do you rename a playlist in Apple Mus…
It appears that no one has responded in a long time. In order to re-start the dialogue, simply ask a different question. The following is the user’s profile: Drifter in the High Plains Drifter in the High Plains Level 1 of the user interface (45 points) Question:I’m having trouble figuring out how to rename a playlist on my computer. When right clicking, the rename option is no longer available, and simply touching it twice no longer works. Line of iMac computers (2012 and Later) Posted at 1:10 p.m.
Question has been tagged as “helpful.” The following is the user’s profile: Drifter in the High Plains Drifter in the High Plains Level 1 of the user interface (45 points) 15th of October, 2019 4:16 a.m. in answer to haknor’s question In answer to haknor’s question Simply choose the playlist from the drop-down menu. Afterwards, once it has been seen, click on the large type playlist title. Then you have the option to alter it. It is no longer possible to alter the playlist by double tapping it in the list of playlists.
Take a look at the solution in context There’s more to this debate than meets the eye.
- The content of the page is being loaded.
- responding to High Plainz Drifter’s post In response to High Plainz Drifter’s comment Strangely enough, you can alter the name of a playlist on your iPhone, but not on your computer’s “Music” folder.
- ReplyHelpful Question has been tagged as “helpful.” The following is the user’s profile: Drifter in the High Plains Drifter in the High Plains Level 1 of the user interface (45 points) 15th of October, 2019 4:16 a.m.
- Afterwards, once it has been seen, click on the large type playlist title.
- It is no longer possible to alter the playlist by double tapping it in the list of playlists.
- Thank you for your response (11) user:profile haknorhaknor’s on the internet Level 1 of the user interface (24 points) 15th of October, 5:37 a.m.
- 15th of October, 5:37 a.m.
How to Rename Apple Music Playlists on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Apple Music makes it incredibly simple to construct a playlist. You have the option of creating several playlists. You can accomplish this on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Untitled Playlist will be created by default if you do not give your playlist a name when it is first created by you. This is only a placeholder for a real name. You may always rename the playlists in your library. Furthermore, if you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription and have turned on Sync Library, any playlists you rename on one device are automatically renamed on all of your devices.
This article discusses how to alter the titles of your playlists and how to change their order. Here’s how it’s done:
Rename a playlist on your iPhone
1. Launch Apple Music on your computer. 2. In the Library section, select Playlists from the drop-down menu. 3. Select the playlist whose name you’d want to be changed. 4. In the upper right corner of your screen, click on the more (.) button (the three-dotted Settings menu). 5. Select Edit from the drop-down menu. 6. Select the name of the playlist that you wish to change the name of. This will bring up the keyboard, and you can now modify the name if you like. 7. When you’re finished, press the Done button.
Rename a playlist on your iPad
1. Launch the Music app on your iPad and listen to some music. 2: Navigate to the Playlists area of your sidebar by scrolling down to the bottom and tapping the name of the playlist you wish to change. In the upper right corner of the screen, click the more (.) symbol, then select Edit. Once you’ve done that, the playlist name will become modifiable. Make a new name for yourself by using your keyboard. Then press the Done button.
Rename a playlist on your Mac
1. Launch the Music app on your Mac and listen to some music. It may be accessed from the Dock or the Applications folder on your computer. 2. In the sidebar, select the playlist you want to rename from the Playlists section of the Sidebar. 3. Select the name of the playlist from the drop-down menu, and then use your keyboard to update the name box. 4. When you are finished, click anywhere on the screen and your settings will be stored.
Unable to edit?
If you are unable to alter some of the playlists, this may be due to technical difficulties. It is possible that the Edit button will not display on your iPhone or iPad, or that nothing will happen when you click on the name of the button on your Mac computer. This is due to the fact that you are unable to rename the playlists that Apple has built for Apple Music. Even if you are still unsuccessful in your attempts to rename your playlists, you may try rebooting your device and trying again. Likewise, see:
- This account does not have iCloud Music enabled, which should be corrected. Remove music from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac using these simple steps: This tutorial will show you how to utilize Shazam Music Recognition with iOS 14.2
- How to Fix the Problem of Lyrics Not Displaying in Apple Music with iOS 14
- Instructions on how to watch the Verzuz livestream using Apple Music
- Fix the error message “The song cannot be played because you are not signed in to Apple Music.” It is not possible to save the Music Library File. A duplicate file name was specified, which has been corrected.
How to Rename a Playlist on an iPhone
Getty Images News/Getty Images IMario Tama/Getty Images iTunes’ Music app, which can be found on the Apple iPhone, offers an easy method to manage your music library. You have the ability to add, remove, and change the music and videos contained inside any playlist. On an iPhone, unlike on a PC, once a playlist has been named, it cannot be changed simply by tapping on the name of the playlist. Changing the name of your playlist is possible by copying it and then erasing the old name from the original.
If your playlist has hundreds of songs, it may take longer to complete since each item must be individually added.
Launch the Music app on your iPhone and hit the “Playlists” button in the bottom-left corner of the screen to access your saved playlists.
Select “Add Playlist” from the drop-down menu.
In the text window that appears, type the name you want to give your playlist, and then click “Save.” The Music application offers a list of all of your tunes.
Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. To see the music contained in your old playlist, choose it from the drop-down menu.
Add new songs to your playlist by clicking on the “+” button beside each item in the list. When you add a song, the title of the song is grayed out. Select “Done” from the drop-down menu. The music from the newly created playlist are shown on the screen.
Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. By pressing on it, you may access your previous list. To delete a playlist, first press the “Delete” button, and then press the red “Delete Playlist” button to confirm your choice. The previous playlist has been removed from your iPhone.
How to change your name on your Apple Music profile and make it easier for friends to connect with you
- It is possible to alter your name on Apple Music simply logging into your profile and visiting the “For You” tab on both your desktop and mobile device. It’s also possible to adjust the privacy settings on your Apple Music account so that only those you accept are able to locate and follow you. Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library to read more stories related to technology.
There are a variety of methods for discovering new singles, albums, and artists on Apple Music, and one of the most effective isn’t based on an algorithm. Getting amazing suggestions on music and other audio material from your pals is a common occurrence. When you follow your friends on Apple Music, and they follow you, your complete Apple Music profile is instantly accessible and searchable. In addition, you are not restricted to merely following friends on Apple Music. Anyone whose name you locate in the app’s database can follow and be followed by you.
Here’s how you go about it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Open Apple Music and listen to a song. 2.If it isn’t already chosen, pick the “For You” option from the left-side menu. 3.Click on your profile symbol, which is located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. If you haven’t uploaded a picture to your Apple Music profile, the icon will display your initials instead. Abbey White/Bureau of Business and Industry To make changes to your profile, go to your profile page and select “Edit.” This option may be found next to a circle with three blue dots, which indicates that it is available.
You can also change the privacy settings for your profile from this page.
How to change your name on Apple Music on a mobile device
1. Launch the Apple Music application. 2.Select “For You” from the taskbar at the bottom. 3.Click on the avatar symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. 4.Choose a name for yourself. This will appear above the description for “View Profile.” Abbey White/Bureau of Business and Industry 5.Click on the “Edit” button in the pink bar. 6.In the “Name” box, type your name in the appropriate field. After you have changed your name, it is possible that your previous Apple Music nickname will be adopted by someone else.
Related coverage fromTech Reference:
Steven John is an independent writer. Steven John is a freelance writer who lives in New York City after spending 12 years in Los Angeles, four years in Boston, and the first 18 years in the Washington, DC, area. Whenever he isn’t writing or spending time with his wife and children, he may be found climbing mountains in the surrounding area.
His writing may be found all over the internet, and his books can be purchased here. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
Change Profile Picture, Name, or Nickname in Apple Music
- Click on the silhouette symbol and then selectSee What Friends Are Listening ToGet Started to begin setting up your profile. Select View ProfileEdit from the View ProfileEdit menu once you have selected your profile photo or name. Apple eliminated Connect from Apple Music in 2018, but you can still see what your friends are listening to by visiting the Friends tab in Apple Music.
Learn how to change an Apple Music profile on iPhones and iPads running iOS 11 or later by reading this article!
How to Update Your Apple Music Profile
On the majority of Apple Music pages, your profile is prominent and easily accessible. To set it up and personalize it, simply follow these instructions.
- Click on theListen Nowbutton at the bottom of the music app’s screen
- Then hit theAccountbutton located at the top of the screen. Essentially, it’s the silhouette of a head with a circle around its center
- Select Check out what your friends are listening to. Select Get Started from the drop-down menu. The camera icon may be used to take a new profile photo or to select an existing one from your Photos app. By choosing the option and entering in a custom name, you may change your given name or nickname. In the event that you don’t want your complete name to be displayed, you may abbreviate it to only your first name or whatever nickname you want. The official “@nickname” might be the same as or different from your given name. To proceed, select Continue to Find Contacts from the drop-down menu. Spaces are not permitted in the moniker, although an underscore may be substituted for a space. The next page displays a list of your contacts who are presently sharing their information on Apple Music, as well as those who are using the platform but do not yet have profiles on the site. If you want to exchange music with your friends and see what they’re listening to, tapFollownext to their names. If you want additional contacts to establish profiles, tapInvitenext to their names. Continue by pressing the Following button
- The next screen provides privacy settings. Select whether anybody may follow you or only those who have been approved by you by tapping the screen. In addition, you may utilize the lower controls to choose when Apple Music will alert you of friend suggestions and when it will display you in other peoples’ profiles. Continue by using the Next button. If you’ve built playlists on Apple Music, the following page will allow you to share them with your contacts. SelectNext
- Finally, you can choose whether or not you want to get notifications when you gain new followers or when artists you follow release new music. You may edit your profile later by touching your profile image or symbol and then selectingView Profileand theEditbutton to bring up the Edit Profile page, where you can make the necessary adjustments.
If you didn’t complete the Apple Music signup process and are wondering how to activate your 3-month free trial, please see our full instructions on how to sign up for Apple Music.
What Happened to Apple Music Connect?
When Apple Music first launched, it had a social function known as Connect, which allowed fans to communicate with their favorite musicians and vice versa. Users may accomplish this by creating a personalized profile on a social media platform such as Twitter or Instagram, which would allow their friends to discover them and others to see who they were conversing with. Though Apple Music’s Connect feature was deleted at the end of 2018, it still retains a social component that you can utilize to see what your friends are listening to and discover new music for your personal collection.
Apple Music Tidbits: Nicknames, Playlist Management, and More
While you may have taken advantage of Apple’s free three-month trial to determine whether or not the service is worth your money and time, there are a few elements of the program that you may not have realized are available to you yet. While our Getting Started guide provides an overview of how to get up and running, this post provides additional specifics on some of the things you can do with Apple Music and how to make it work for you. Getting Started guide If you find any more features that we haven’t mentioned yet, please let us know about them in the discussion forums.
Add a Nickname to Your Profile
You have the option of keeping your complete Apple ID name or changing it to something more appropriate for you. Apple allows you to customize your ID by adding a nickname, which will be shown on playlists and comments. Because nicknames are one-of-a-kind, the sooner you secure one, the better. On iOS devices, the following features are available:
- If you aren’t currently on a major page of the Music app, open it and touch on any of the main section icons in the bottom toolbar to go there. To access the silhouette profile icon, locate it in the top left corner of the main screen and press it. Select your name from the drop-down menu. Then choose Edit from the drop-down menu to enter a nickname
In the iTunes store, you may find:
- Click on the arrow next to your name, and then select your Apple ID from the drop-down menu. Specify a nickname in the form’s fill-in field
Start a Station Based on a Song or Album
A song or album in either your music collection or Apple Music can serve as the basis for a new station you create. Additional choices may be accessed by tapping the three dots next to the song or album name. Afterwards, on iOS, select “Start Station” or “New station from artist or song” on OS X to begin listening to music.
Create a Playlist
It is possible to construct a playlist and then add music to it directly from the Music app or from within iTunes. On iOS devices, the following features are available:
- Open the Music App and select the My Music area from the drop-down menu. The Playlist area is located at the very top of the screen. Select “New” from the All Playlists drop-down menu and give the playlist a name and a description. Select tracks from your music collection or Apple Music by selecting “Add Songs” from the drop-down menu. Song and album additions may be made at any time by selecting the three dots next to the song or album in your library or Apple Music and selecting “Add to Playlist.” When a selection of alternatives opens, select “Add to Playlist” from the list.
In the iTunes store, you may find:
- Select the Playlists tab in iTunes and then click on the plus (+) symbol in the bottom left corner of the screen to add a new playlist. Alternative: Hover your cursor over “New” in the “File” menu on your computer’s toolbar. Then click on “Create a New Playlist.” Give the playlist a name. Then select “Edit Playlist” from the drop-down menu. Songs from your personal music collection can be added. Add a song or album from Apple Music by selecting it from the drop-down menu by tapping on the three dots next to a song or album. Make a selection from the “Add To” drop-down menu, and then pick the playlist you want to include the song in.
Change Library and Playlist View Options
Music in your library or playlists may be organized into categories such as artists, albums, songs, and Apple Music playlists. You can also select to only see music that is accessible offline in your iOS device’s music library or playlist (in other words, only music downloaded to your device). In the My Music area of your Music app, under the Playlist or Library tab, select a new category (such as Albums, Songs, or All Playlists) to move to a different view of your music.
Tip: If you have the “Music Available Offline” option enabled on your iOS device, you will not be able to see any of the songs or albums that you have added to My Music. Simply follow the steps outlined above to turn off music availability while you’re not connected to the internet.
Add to My Music
Apple Music allows you to add any song or album to your iTunes collection directly from the service. When these songs are added to iTunes, they will be played as part of the random shuffling feature. Locate a song or an album and click on the three dots next to it to play it. Then select “Add to My Music” from the drop-down menu. On iOS, you can also add an album with a single tap by tapping the plus (+) symbol next to the album name. Keep in mind that if you have the “Music Accessible Offline” function enabled, you will not be able to hear any new music unless you make it available offline first.
Make Music Available Offline
One of the most useful features of Apple Music on iOS is the ability to listen to tunes even when you are not connected to the internet. This is especially useful when traveling. To download music to your smartphone, first choose the song or album you want to download and then press the three dots next to it to bring up the download choices. Then pick “Make Available Offline” from the drop-down menu.
Get More Recommendations Based on Likes (or Hearts)
The more songs you “like,” the more Apple Music will learn about your preferences and provide you with new recommendations. To indicate that you enjoy a song in the Now Playing window, click on the heart icon next to it. New songs and playlists will be introduced to the “For You” area of Apple Music as the service learns about your interests.
“Replay” Beats 1 Shows
Was there a Beats 1 show that you were looking forward to that you were unable to attend? The program as it broadcast with DJ commentary will not be available for playback, however playlists of tunes from highlighted shows will be available for download via iOS.
- Activate the Music app and navigate to the Radio section. The Beats 1 banner should be selected (do not select “Listen Now”)
- Choose one of the listed shows. Then, choose the program date that you’d want to listen to on your computer. You may even listen to individual tracks from the program rather than the complete playlist that was played during the event. To see the playlist for a show, tap on it.
When using iTunes on a desktop computer, the most effective method of locating a Beats 1 playlist is to search for the DJ you desire to listen to and then choose the playlist you missed from his or her profile page.
Turn Off Apple Music
In the event that you have given Apple Music a try and have concluded that it is simply not for you, you can uninstall the service from the Music app and return to your previous method of listening to music.
- On iOS, open the Settings app and pick Music from the drop-down box
- To turn off Apple Music, toggle the “Show Apple Music” switch to the off position. This may be turned on and off with relative ease and without causing any storage or download concerns. Songs you’ve downloaded for offline listening will remain in your music library after they’ve been deleted.
Turn Off iCloud Music Library
The iTunes Match feature, which many customers are already aware with, has been renamed to iCloud Music Library and is now available in Apple Music. You will be able to save your music in iCloud if you have the option switched on, which will allow you to access it from any device that also has the feature turned on. Because songs acquired through iCloud Music Library contain digital rights management (DRM), users should make sure they have backups of their own music saved to iCloud Music Library before utilizing the service.
On iOS devices, the following features are available:
- On iOS, open the Settings app and pick Music from the drop-down box
- To turn off the “iCloud Music Library,” toggle the switch to the “off” position. In the event that you disable iCloud Music Library, all Apple Music tracks will be removed from your device.
In the iTunes store, you may find:
- When you first launch iTunes, go to the main menu bar and pick iTunes -Preferences
- Uncheck the “iCloud Music Library” checkbox on the General tab of the Settings window. If you turn off the iCloud Music Library, it will delete all of the Apple Music songs from your computer
- If you turn it back on, it will restore them.
Replace ‘Connect’ Tab with ‘Playlist’ Tab
It’s possible that the Connect function in Apple Music will not appeal to you if you’re not a big lover of social networking in general.
Fortunately, you may replace it with a Playlists tab if you so like. Check out our step-by-step tutorial to learn how to do it.
Turn Off Auto Renew
So you’ve given Apple Music a shot and determined that it is not worth the $10 per month subscription fee. It’s not an issue. Remember to switch off Auto Renew before the three-month trial period expires. See our guide to managing your subscriptionsfor instructions on how to switch off Auto Renew so that you don’t get an unexpected charge to your credit card every three months after you purchase anything. The above are just a few examples of the many things you can do with Apple Music. Our knowledge of the subscription-based music service will continue to grow, and we’ll provide more practical advice on how to get the most from your experience.
Friday, January 7, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Tim Hardwick contributed to this report. The prevalence of a recurrent iOS problem that causes Apple’s Messages app to transmit read receipts even when the option is deactivated appears to be on the rise once again, according to complaints from users using iOS 15 and earlier. When read receipts are enabled in iOS (Settings – Messages – Send Read Receipts), the “Delivered” text that a person sees beneath an iMessage they have sent you changes to “Read” once you have seen the message in the message inbox.
Best Apple-Related Accessories at CES 2022
Julia Clover posted on Friday, January 7, 2022 at 1:26 p.m. PST. The International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2022) is coming to a close today, and while it was a more subdued event due to the ongoing pandemic that caused many exhibitors and spectators to cancel, there were still plenty of new product announcements. In our most recent YouTube video, we compiled a list of some of the greatest Apple-related accessories that we had the pleasure of seeing this year. More videos can be found on the MacRumors YouTube channel, which you may follow.
Top Stories: iPhone 14 Pro Without Notch, AirPods Pro 2, and More for 2022
Greetings and best wishes for the New Year 2022! It’s an excellent time to look ahead to expectations for 2022, and there’s no shortage of speculation on that front now as the calendars change over to a new calendar year. This week’s rumors included the iPhone 14 Pro, AirPods Pro 2, the next iPhone SE, and more, while the first two episodes of our new podcast, The MacRumors, brought the year 2021 to a close and welcomed the new year 2022 to a start.
WhatsApp Starts Rolling Out Profile Pictures in iOS Message Notifications
Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 1:53 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Tim Hardwick contributed to this report. WhatsApp is currently testing a new feature on iOS that displays profile images in system alerts when users get new messages from conversations and groups. The function is intended to be useful. Image courtesy of WABetaInfo. The first new feature for the platform in 2022, originally noticed by app expert WABetaInfo, makes advantage of APIs in iOS 15 to display the WhatsApp profile photographs in alerts in top-screen banners and in the Notification Center, respectively.
Peloton Now in Trouble Thanks to Apple Fitness+
Several factors, including the expansion of Apple Fitness+ and a collision of interests in the digital health market, are putting Peloton’s business model at risk, according to analyst Neil Cybart.
A post on Twitter by Cybart highlighted how Peloton has been “in a perilous situation” despite its fast rise in recent years. Peloton’s client acquisition expenses are high, which translates into expensive product price for the company as a whole. The.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Lineup Gets First In-Depth Closeup in Unboxing Video
TIME: 7:35 a.m. PST on Thursday, January 6, 2022 byTim HardwickTech YouTube user Unbox Therapy recently uploaded a video showing what appears to be fake Galaxy S22 models. The video appears to corroborate previous leaks that the Galaxy S22 lineup will consist of three sizes to compete directly with Apple’s latest devices, the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13/Pro, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max models, which were all released in September. Images courtesy of Unbox: Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra (from left to right):
The iPhone 14 Is Unlikely to Be Portless, Here’s Why
Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:27 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Tim Hardwick contributed to this report. Every year since Apple ditched the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 in 2016, speculations have circulated that the company is planning to do the same with the Lightning connector next, resulting in an entirely portless design. Indeed, experts had expected that the highest-end iPhone 13 would provide a “fully wireless experience” when it first launched. But of course, it didn’t happen, and a portless iPhone 14 in 2022 appears to be just as implausible, at least for the time being.
Apple Event in Spring 2022? Three New Products We Could See
7:27 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, January 8, 2022 Tim Hardwick contributed to this article. Since Apple eliminated the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 in 2016, speculations have circulated that the company ultimately plans to abandon the Lightning connector as well, resulting in an entirely portless design for the iPhone 8. As a matter of fact, experts had expected that the highest-end iPhone 13 will provide a “fully wireless experience.” Although this did not occur, a portless iPhone 14 in 2022 appears to be just as implausible, if not more so, as it did in 2017.
Leaker Says iPhone 14 Pro to Feature Pill-Shaped Camera Cutout With Face ID Under the Display
Joe Rossignol published a post on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:21 a.m. PST. According to tweets supplied by leaker @dylandkt, iPhone 14 Pro versions will sport a pill-shaped camera cutout at the top of the display, with the notch eliminated. @dylandkt has established himself as a trustworthy source of Apple-related rumors over the last year or so. According to the leaker, the Face ID hardware will be relocated beneath the display in order to enable this alteration. While it has been widely rumored that the iPhone 14 will be released, this is not the case.
How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
From macOS Catalina onward, iTunes was divided into four independent apps:Apple Music (where your iTunes media collection is stored),Apple TV (the app, not the set-top box or streaming service — yeah, it’s confusing),Apple Booksapp, andApple Podcastsapp. As a result, several modifications were made to the way playlists were handled. But don’t worry, it’s still a very simple process.
How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
Make a new Music playlist on your computer. The new playlist may be found in the sidebar on the left, underneath the Playlists section of the site.
Create a new playlist and add songs to it at the same time:
- Choose one or more songs from the list
- Control-click and select “Add to PlaylistNew Playlist” from the drop-down menu
How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- Open the Music application and select a playlist from the sidebar on the left. The playlist may be created by dragging an item from your music collection to the playlist or by control-clicking an item and selecting “Add to Playlist,” then selecting a playlist. If you want to add songs to a playlist without putting them in your library, go to “MusicPreferences,” click Advanced, and then uncheck the box that says “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.”
Add music to an Apple Music Playlist without adding them to your iTunes Library, and vice versa.
How to Edit a Music Playlist:
Open Music and select a playlist from the drop-down menu. Then you may do the following:
- Replace the playlist’s name by clicking on the playlist’s name at the top of the window and typing the new title
You may alter the name of a playlist by choosing it straight from the list.
- Rearrange the tracks in the following order: “ViewSort By” is the option to select. When you select “ViewSort ByPlaylist Order,” you have the option of dragging things into the order you like. Remove an item from the list: Select the item and press the Delete key to remove it from the list. (If you already have the removed music in your library, removing it from a playlist will not remove it from your library or storage device.)
How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- Activate the Music app, choose a playlist, then press the Delete key.
Confirm that you wish to remove the chosen Music Playlist from your computer. If you remove a playlist, the music contained inside the playlist will stay in your collection and on your Mac until you delete them again. So, if you want to delete a playlist from your library, Control-click the playlist in the sidebar on the left and select Delete from Library from the context menu.
Dennis has more than 40 years of journalism experience and has produced hundreds of pieces for a variety of publications. He’s been working as an internet writer for more than two decades, mostly covering Apple, Inc. He has written for a variety of publications, including MacCentral, MacWorld, MacMinute, Macsimum News, Apple Daily Report, and is currently a contributing editor at AppleWorldToday.com.
Manage iTunes playlists: rename a playlist, remove songs, or skip songs
Your iTunes playlists are not set in stone: you may add or delete music from them at any time, temporarily ignore songs, change the playlist, and other such actions. This article will cover “regular” playlists; smart playlists, which are available in iTunes, will be addressed in prior tutorials. In this video, you will learn how to build both smart playlists and conventional playlists in iTunes.
Rename an iTunes playlist
You can rename a playlist at any moment; however, this will have no effect on the content of the playlist, just on its apparent name. On order to rename a playlist in iTunes, first double-click on the playlist’s name, which will open the playlist’s name editing window. Now, simply type the new name over the old one, and you’re finished!
Open a playlist in its own iTunes window
Opening a playlist in its own window allows you to work on it while listening to something else in the main iTunes window, or check the progress of downloads without having to leave the playlist, for example. Select Launch from the context menu (right-click on Windows) or control-click on the Mac icon next to the playlist name to open it in its own iTunes window.
Make iTunes Skip songs in a playlist
As an alternative to deleting songs from a playlist entirely, iTunes allows you to temporarily (and forever) skip over them during playing. Simply uncheck the tracks that you’ve become weary of, and iTunes will simply skip over them until you select the checkbox again, and the process will repeat. Keep in mind that un-checking a song from a specific playlist will have no effect on the status of that song in other playlists or in the iTunes main song list.
Remove songs from a playlist
Then chooseDelete from the context menu that appears when you right-click (on Windows) or control-click (on Mac) on the song you want to delete altogether from your playlist. This will just remove a reference to the music from the playlist; it will not remove the song itself from the playlist. It’s important to remember that things in a playlist are only “pointers” to the actual contents, similar to how shortcuts in Windows or aliases in Mac work.
The rules of current smart playlists may also be modified in iTunes, as demonstrated in the following lesson. 2021iEcosystem retains ownership of all intellectual property rights. Apple Computers Inc. owns the trademarks iPod, iPhone, iTunes, iPad, and Mac. Legal|Privacy|Sitemap
30 Apple Music tips, tricks and features
According to some estimates, Apple Music will have 72 million users by the end of 2020. Even more impressively (depending on who you ask), the service has had a five-star rating from us since its introduction in 2015. Apple Music has undergone five major upgrades, including two major interface redesigns. Now, with the introduction of the excellent HomePod Mini (despite the retirement of the original HomePod), there’s no better moment to become completely familiar with Apple’s music streaming service.
You can get the most out of Apple Music regardless of whether you’re using the free three-month trial or are already a subscriber and frequent user.
1. How to unsubscribe from a mailing list Sure, this is a bit of a downer to begin with – but if you’re signing up for the three-month Apple Music free trial and don’t want to commit to paying for the service after that, you can drop out at any time without penalty. To do so, go to the For You page and click on your profile symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. From there, select View Account, then View Apple ID and login into your iTunes account to complete the process. Then, about halfway down the page, select Subscriptions.
- Don’t worry, you may still use the service for free for the next three months if you don’t want to.
- Unfollow artists in large numbers.
- Thus, you will have a constant stream of new and apparently never-ending content from these artists in your Connect area (which has been relocated to the Made For You menu).
- We don’t pass judgment).
- You may now ensure that you only hear music from artists who you enjoy listening to.
- Sign in to iCloud Music to have access to additional services.
Many features, like offline listening, are only available when iCloud Music is engaged, and this is especially true with Apple Music.
Users who have a large existing collection, particularly if they create their own playlists, may have difficulties as a result of this.
As a result, if you value your current downloads (and you should), you might consider turning off iCloud.
If you have a large existing music library and are concerned about Apple matching it for access on your mobile device, you may turn off this function on your PC but leave it turned on for your mobile device instead.
By selecting PreferencesGeneral and unchecking iCloud Music Library under the iCloud Music Library section, you may turn off the iCloud Music Library on your Mac.
A number of different gadgets The Apple Music Individual Membership plan, which costs £9.99 a month and can be used by up to 10 devices, five of which can be computers, is available for purchase.
7. Using several devices at the same time If you wish to listen to many devices at the same time, you’ll need to purchase a Family Membership from us. With this service, you may stream simultaneously with up to six other individuals for just £14.99 per month.
8. Access the album details for the currently playing track. One feature that is only partially visible is the ability to examine the album of the tune that is now playing. There are two ways to go about it. The quickest and most straightforward method is to touch on the artist and album names at the top of the currently playing window. After that, a pop-up will display asking if you want to “Go to Album” or if you want to “Go to Artist.” Select the Album choice from the drop-down menu. It takes a little longer to use the second approach, which involves tapping the three-button symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen and selecting ‘Show Album’ from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Alternatively, if you’ve chosen the more time-consuming method: once you’ve been carried to the album page, click the name of the artist (highlighted in that pinky-red text).
- Prepare your ears (or the ears of your child).
Organising your music
11. Make the most of your storage space. This is a no-brainer in my opinion. Because why would you want to take up valuable storage space on your phone with music you’re not listening to? If your Apple Music storage is getting low and you haven’t listened to any of your downloaded music in a long time, the Optimise Storage function will erase them for you on its own own. It’s a simple but effective function that keeps your phone free of music you don’t want or need to listen to. When you’ve completed the process of toggling a button, you’re done.
- To configure it, go to the Settings menu on your iPhone and select Music > Optimise Storage from the drop-down menu.
- Only music that has already been added to your collection can be downloaded.
- To include it, simply tap it.
- To download, simply tap on the cloud.
- If you just want to see the music stored on your phone for offline listening, simply pick the Downloaded Music category in the Library tab on the left side of the screen.
- Rather than by artists (as is the usual configuration), you could choose to have your music collection organized alphabetically by title.
- Choose either Title, Recently Added, or Artist from the drop-down option that appears.
And there you have it. 15. Shuffle and repeat the process Have you noticed that the shuffle and repeat icons have vanished? On the Now Playing screen, you’ll find them directly beneath the track and artist, right close to the words ‘Playing Next.’
16. Tracks you like (or don’t like) An important component of Apple Music’s appeal is concentrated in the For You tab, which provides recommendations for albums and artists based on the music you enjoy listening to on your computer or mobile device. Apple’s algorithms require you to tap the Love (heart) symbol on the pop-up menu for each song (or album) you enjoy in order for them to know what to do next. The Dislike option (which is represented by a thumbs-down icon) is now available right next to it, allowing you to tell Apple which songs you don’t want it to recommend to you.
- Simply navigate to SettingsMusicEQ to select a preset from an extensive choice of options.
- Do you want to discover new music?
- Browse’s Playlists area has carefully chosen playlists from publications such as Pitchfork, NME, and Sonos, as well as playlists for every mood and activity.
- Browse new songs by genre to find something you like.
- In the Playlists area, you may also filter playlists based on their genre.
- Make use of the built-in Shazam feature.
- This handy tool can assist you in determining what songs are playing when driving in the automobile and not being able to scrutinize your screen (do not scroll while driving), or while watching television shows or movies.
- And here’s the best part: the program will recognize the music you’ve taken and add it to your collection without your intervention.
- Now, simply press on this Shazam music detection button to find out what music is playing in your immediate vicinity.
Radio and TV
Create your own radio station (number 21). You may listen to a selection of music that has been handpicked by Apple based on a specific artist or tune. To listen to similar music, simply click on the three dots next to an artist or a track and then pick Create Station from the pop-up option that appears. The ‘heart’ icon may be used on future tracks to inform Apple that it should continue to play similar music. 22. Use Apple Music to listen to live radio stations. Apple Music members may now listen to not one, but three live radio stations: Apple Music 1, Apple Music Hits, and Apple Music Country.
- Choose Apple Music 1 or Apple Music Hits from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the home screen, then scroll down to tune in live, browse upcoming shows, or listen to previously broadcast shows on demand.
- Tune in to public radio broadcasts.
- You may do this by going to Search and searching for the radio station by its name, call sign (if applicable), frequency, or nickname, and then tapping or clicking on the radio station to listen to it live.
- Apple Music makes it simple to watch music videos on Apple TV, thanks to its streaming service.
If you want to utilize it, go to the Music app on Apple TV and slide to Videos. Then, using your finger, swipe down to reveal a list of video categories. In certain cases, you may add the movie to a playlist or add it to your library, while in other cases, it can be removed from your library.
25, make your listening history available to your friends and family. Do you want to share your latest audio discoveries with your friends? Within the app, you may accomplish this by establishing an Apple Music profile. Finally, if your friends subscribe and establish a profile, you will have access to see what they are listening to, as well as their favorite artists. To establish a profile, go to the Listen Now screen on your iPhone and then press the picture icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to add a photo.
- Follow the onscreen directions to establish a login, locate and follow friends, share playlists, and other features of the service.
- Certain playlists can be hidden from view, people can be blocked or unblocked, and you can follow your friends’ profiles.
- Siri and Apple Music are a brilliant combination.
- However, it is actually considerably more ingenious than that.
“Play the number one hit from April 1988,” “play the most popular songs by AC/DC,” and “play the newest song by AC/DC*” are all valid commands for Apple Music, as is “play the number one hit from April 1988.” It might be a bit hit-and-miss at times, but it’s worth testing with a variety of instructions to see what works best for you.
They’re not quite as excellent, however.) (Image courtesy of Apple) 27.
In order to get the most out of your new Apple HomePod Minispeaker, you’ll want to use Siri voice commands in conjunction with Apple Music.
Start by saying “Hey Siri, play something I like,” and it will utilize your Apple Music profile to build a customized radio station consisting of music you are familiar with and enjoy.
- When comparing Amazon Echo with Apple HomePod Mini, which is the superior smart speaker?
Turn off the Listening History feature on your Apple HomePod Mini. For those of you have a HomePod Mini, you may be concerned about your children or that friend who only listens and enjoys country music interfering with your carefully tailored For You suggestions when they start yelling out song requests. Using the Home app (which you should have downloaded when setting up the Mini), navigate to the Details section and toggle the ‘Use Listening History’ switch to the off position to keep your Apple Music profile distinct from what the Mini has been listening to.
When setting an alarm in the Clock app on your iPhone, choose SoundPick a song (located under the Songs section) and then select a music from your Apple Music collection.
Lyrics You have the ability to karaoke!
If you want, you may select the Lyrics tab from the pop-up choices menu.
Since iOS 12, it’s also possible to search for songs based on their lyrics. Simply begin entering lyrics into the search box, and voilà – you’ll be directed to the music you’re looking for in no time (or at least suggestions for what it could be).
- Music streaming services that are the best 2021: free high-resolution audio streaming
- 12 of the best-produced records to put your speakers through their paces
- If you’re more into hi-fi than music, you’re in for a challenge
How to Change the Order of a Playlist in iTunes
Whether you’re putting together a playlist of songs to play in your office’s waiting room or putting together a selection of videos or podcasts to play during a business meeting, iTunes playlists are a useful tool for getting the job done quickly and efficiently. The files in a playlist are selected by you and then played in your iTunes media player based on the criteria you specify. Once you have added files to your playlist from files in your iTunes library, you can drag and drop or sort them to change the order in which they are played when the playlist is played.
- In iTunes, playlists can be found on the left-hand sidebar, under the Playlists heading.
- The Shuffle button has the appearance of two crossed arrows.
- To reorder your playlist based on the criteria contained within a particular column, click the heading of the column.
- By dragging and dropping files up and down in the playlist, you can fine-tune their order based on your own personal criteria.
- All modifications you make to your playlists are immediately saved by iTunes.
Biography of the Author Since 2003, Andrew Tennyson has been writing on a wide range of topics, including culture, technology, health, and a number of other topics. He has been published in The Gazette, DTR, and ZCom, among other publications. He possesses a Bachelor of Arts degree in history as well as a Master of Fine Arts degree in creative writing.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
When you subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service, you have access to a music database including more than 90 million songs as well as the ability to create and share infinite playlists with friends. With so much choice, it’s easy to wind up with a slew of playlists that you don’t actually listen to. They might take up valuable phone storage or screen space, and they can be a pain to navigate through while using a smartphone. However, you may either erase a downloaded playlist from your device or remove it from your media library, depending on the situation.
How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
Apple Music playlists that have been downloaded to your iPhone may be deleted immediately from your Apple Music account. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Select “Library” from the Music app’s drop-down menu. Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. Locate and hold down the long-press button on the playlist you wish to remove
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu options. Remove Downloads” should be selected if you wish to remove the playlist from the local storage of your iPhone. Alternatively, select “Delete from Collection” to get it removed from your media library
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
Despite the fact that Apple Music is an Apple app, it is also accessible on Android.
Using an Android device, follow these steps to erase a playlist:
- To access Apple Music playlists, launch the app and click “Playlists.” The playlist you wish to delete should be selected and held down. Select “Remove.” from the list of pop-up choices
- Choose “Erase Downloads” if you only want to remove the playlist from your device. Selecting “Delete from Library” will remove it from your Apple Music library as an alternative.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
The desktop version of Apple Music has a somewhat different design than the mobile app; nonetheless, the procedure for removing a playlist is the same as it is for deleting a playlist in the mobile app. If you want to erase an Apple Music playlist from your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. From the left-hand pane, choose the playlist that you wish to remove. Choose “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click it. You may also erase something by using the “delete” key on your keyboard. To finalize the deletion, click “Delete Playlist,” followed by “Move to Trash.”
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
The following steps will show you how to erase an Apple Music playlist from your iPad:
- Open the Music application
- Select “Playlists” from the “Library” drop-down menu. Long-press the playlist you wish to erase from your computer
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu that appears. If you want to remove it from your iPad, pick “Remove Downloads,” and if you want to remove it from your media library completely, select “Delete from Library.”
If you have more than one song by the same artist, you can locate them all in your music library (including your Playlists). For example, the song might be included on a soundtrack as well as an album release. You may also look for exact song duplication with this feature. Using your computer, you may complete the following steps: 1. Open the Music app and select “Songs” from the left-hand navigation pane. 2. Select a song and then do one of the following actions: “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Duplicate Items” will bring up a list of all instances of that music in your library.
Remove duplicate songs by right-clicking on them and selecting “Delete,” or by simply pressing the delete key and then confirming.
Can I Delete a Playlist Without Deleting the Songs?
Yes, it is possible. To remove the playlist from your library, select “Delete from Library” from the drop-down menu. All of the accompanying music will still be available for purchase.
How Do I Organize My Playlists Into Folders?
The following are the procedures to take in order to organize your playlists into folders on a computer: 1. Launch the Music application. 2. Select “File,” “New,” and then “Playlist Folder” from the drop-down menu. 3. Type in the name of the folder and press Enter. In order to rename it, simply double-click it and type in the new name. Drag your playlists, other folders, and individual items into the new folder to complete the transformation.
Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
Apple Music has a large music archive, and you can build an endless number of playlists on the service. As a music enthusiast, it’s rather simple to amass a large amount of musical material. Apple Music, on the other hand, will assist you when you need to clean and free up valuable music storage space on your smartphone. You have the option of deleting a downloaded playlist from your device alone, or you may delete it from your Apple Music library completely. Do you make your own playlists? If so, how?
In the comments box below, please tell us about the ones that you are most proud of.