How to delete a playlist on Apple Music on a mobile device
- Open the Music app and tap “Playlists.” Tap “Playlists” to select the playlist you want to delete. Steven John/Business Insider.
- Tap and hold on the playlist to be deleted, then tap “Delete from Library.”
- Tap “Delete Playlist” to confirm.
- 1 How do you delete a playlist on Apple?
- 2 How do you delete a playlist on Apple music without deleting the 2021?
- 3 How do I remove playlists from my iPhone?
- 4 Does deleting a playlist delete the songs?
- 5 How do I delete a playlist from Apple music on my phone?
- 6 How do I remove songs from my iPhone playlist but not library?
- 7 How do I edit a playlist in Apple music?
- 8 How can I delete a playlist?
- 9 How do you delete songs from Apple music playlist on iPhone?
- 10 How do you delete playlists on Apple music IOS 14?
- 11 How do you delete playlists on Apple music on Mac?
- 12 Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac
- 13 Create an empty playlist
- 14 Add items to a playlist
- 15 Create a playlist with songs
- 16 Edit a playlist
- 17 Delete a playlist
- 18 How to add or delete playlists on your iPhone’s Music app to organize your music
- 19 How to delete a playlist in the Music app on an iPhone
- 20 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 21 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
- 22 How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
- 23 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- 24 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
- 25 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
- 26 Additional FAQs
- 27 Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
- 28 How to Delete a Playlist from Your iPhone
- 29 How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
- 30 How to Delete a Playlist on YouTube Music
- 31 How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
- 32 Apple Music 101: How to Clear Your ‘Up Next’ Queue to Remove Unwanted Upcoming Songs
- 33 Accessing ‘Up Next’
- 34 Option 1: Deleting Tracks One at a Time
- 35 Option 2: Clearing All Tracks at Once
- 36 When You Haven’t Added Anything Manually
- 37 When You Have Added Songs Manually
- 38 How to Delete a Playlist from Apple Music on iPhone or iPad
- 39 About This Article
- 40 Did this article help you?
- 41 How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
- 42 How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
- 43 How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
- 44 How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
- 45 How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- 46 How to Edit a Music Playlist:
- 47 How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- 48 How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Apple Music Playlist on an iPhone
- 49 Part 1: How to Restore Deleted Apple Music Playlists on Your iPhone
- 50 Part 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Apple Music from iCloud Music Library
- 51 Part 3: 2 Simple Methods to Get Back the Deleted Apple Music Playlists
- 52 Part 4: How to Avoid Accidentally Deleting Playlist on Apple Music
- 53 How to Delete Apple Music Playlists on iTunes
- 54 How to Delete Apple Music Playlists on iTunes
- 55 The Bottom Line
- 56 How to Delete a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music
- 57 Remove a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music on an iPhone
- 58 Unsharing Playlists in Apple Music
- 59 Use this playlist to remove unwanted Apple Music downloads
- 60 How To Delete Music From Your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac
- 61 Remove music from your Apple Watch
- 62 Remove music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- 63 Remove music from your Mac
How do you delete a playlist on Apple?
- Open the Music app on your iPhone.
- Tap Library.
- Tap Playlists.
- Tap to select the playlist you want to delete.
- Tap the “More” button (pink circle with three little white dots)
- Tap “Remove” (trash can icon)
How do you delete a playlist on Apple music without deleting the 2021?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Right-click the name of the playlist in the sidebar and click Delete from Library. The list is removed, the tracks referenced by it stay put.
How do I remove playlists from my iPhone?
To delete a playlist, touch and hold the playlist, then tap ‘Delete from Library’ from the menu that appears.
Does deleting a playlist delete the songs?
Deleting a Playlist will not (1) remove the songs from your library or (2) delete them if they were downloaded to your device. It only deletes the Playlist, which is basically just a set of links to the individual tracks.
How do I delete a playlist from Apple music on my phone?
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- Launch Apple Music and select “Playlists.”
- Tap and hold on the playlist you want to remove.
- Press “Remove…” from the pop-up options.
- Select “Remove Downloads” to remove just the playlist from your device.
How do I remove songs from my iPhone playlist but not library?
Are you selecting the 3 dots at the top right, selecting “Edit” and then selecting the minus sign next to the song instead of selecting the song and selecting “Delete From Library”? Check out the steps in the user guide under the section titled ” Edit a playlist you created on iPhone “: Create playlists on iPhone.
How do I edit a playlist in Apple music?
Edit a playlist you created on iPhone, tap Edit, then do any of the following: Add more songs: Tap Add Music, then choose music. You can also touch and hold an item (song, album, playlist, or music video), tap Add to a Playlist, then choose a playlist., then tap Delete.
How can I delete a playlist?
How to Remove a Playlist From Spotify on Android?
- Tap on the Spotify icon to access the app.
- Open the “Library” tab in the bottom-right corner. Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- Select “Delete” from the options menu.
How do you delete songs from Apple music playlist on iPhone?
Answer: A: Inside a Playlist Tap on “Edit” (top-right), then select the songs you want to remove from the Playlist (minus sign). The song will remain in the Library.
How do you delete playlists on Apple music IOS 14?
How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
- Open the Music App.
- Select the Library tab at the bottom of your screen, and tap Playlists at the top.
- Tap the playlist you want to delete.
- To edit your playlist, tap the three dots at the top of the screen. From the pop-up menu, select Delete from Library.
- Select Delete Playlist.
How do you delete playlists on Apple music on Mac?
Delete a playlist
- In the Music app on your Mac, do any of the following: Select a playlist in the sidebar on the left, then press the Delete key. Control-click a playlist in the sidebar on the left, then choose Delete from Library.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac
Creating playlists to match various moods, organizing songs with a specific theme, or grouping tracks you wish to burn on a CD are all possibilities. The Playlist symbol is shown next to any playlists you have created. Siri: You may say something like: “Put on Olivia’s Favorites on the playlist.” Learn how to ask Siri a question. You may also build a Smart Playlist that changes automatically based on the criteria you choose, or a Genius Playlist that contains music from your collection that is comparable to the song you’ve picked.
Create an empty playlist
- Choose FileNewPlaylist from within the Music app on your Mac. The new playlist displays in the sidebar on the left, below Playlists, and may be accessed from there. Fill in the blanks with a name for the playlist.
Add items to a playlist
- Choose any of the options below Library in the sidebar of your Mac’s Music program to find music you wish to include in your playlist by clicking Listen Now, Browse, or any other option in the sidebar below Library. To include objects in a playlist, perform any of the following actions:
- Drag an item from any location in your music collection to a playlist in the sidebar on the left of the screen. Control-click an item, choose Add to Playlist from the context menu, and then select a playlist (or use the Touch Bar)
Add songs to a playlist without adding them to your library by selecting MusicPreferences > Advanced > Deselect “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists” from the drop-down menu.
Create a playlist with songs
- Choose any of the options below Library in the sidebar of your Mac’s Music program to find music you wish to include in your playlist by clicking Listen Now, Browse, or any other option in the sidebar below Library. Choose one or more songs, and then do one of the following actions:
- Drag the tracks to the sidebar to make them more visible. Control-click, then select Add to PlaylistNew Playlist from the context menu.
- The new playlist displays in the sidebar on the left, below Playlists, and may be accessed from there.
Tip: Select All Playlists from the sidebar on the left (below Playlists) to see all of your playlists, each with a cover image and sorted by kind.
Edit a playlist
- Select a playlist from the sidebar on the left of the Music program on your Mac
- Then click on it. Take any of the following actions:
- Change the name of the playlist to: Choose the playlist name from the drop-down menu at the top of the window, and then type in a new name
- Rearrange the tracks in the following order: Select ViewSort By from the drop-down menu. When you select ViewSort ByPlaylist Order, you have the option of rearranging tracks by dragging
- Remove an item from the list: Select the item and press the Delete key to remove it from the list. If the removed music is already in your library, removing it from a playlist will not remove it from your library or storage device
- But, deleting it from a playlist will remove it from your library or storage device.
Delete a playlist
If you remove a playlist, the music contained inside the playlist will stay in your collection and on your computer after you have deleted the playlist.
- Perform any of the following actions in the Music app on your Mac:
- Then, in the sidebar on the left, choose a playlist and hit the Delete key
- Control-click a playlist in the sidebar on the left and select Delete from Library from the menu that appears.
It is possible to make your own playlists, but you can also access playlists produced by other Apple Music contributors. Music may be found and downloaded by visiting seeadd. The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
How to add or delete playlists on your iPhone’s Music app to organize your music
- When using the Music app on your iPhone, you may quickly create and remove playlists. Playlists can assist you in organizing the music you’ve downloaded from iTunes or Apple Music
- But, they are not required. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
On your iPhone, you can simply make playlists to arrange your music—and you can also erase them just as quickly if necessary. Create a playlist in the Music app, whether it’s your first time doing so or you want to add a new one to your ever-expanding collection. A playlist may also be deleted by returning to its page and pressing a few buttons on the left-hand side of the screen. Consider the following before you delete a playlist: if you sync your music withiCloud, removing a playlist from youriPhone will also remove the playlist from all of your devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Launch the Music app on your iPhone and listen to some music. Using the library icon at the bottom of the screen, you may navigate to your collection. 3.Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Your Library’s home page, with the heading “Playlists” at the top of the page. Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino In the event that you haven’t already created a playlist, you will be encouraged to do so right away with the opportunity to begin creating new ones. To get started, click on the pink “New Playlist” icon.
- To get started, click on this + symbol.
- Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino 6.Either of the two alternatives will take you to the Create New Playlist page.
- You may begin adding music by clicking on the green + symbol next to “Add Music” when you’re ready to do so.
- Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino You’ll then have the choice to see your music organized by artist, album, or even from your previously created playlists after you’ve clicked “Add Music.” At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a list of the songs you’ve lately added.
- Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino 8.When your playlist is complete, tap “Done” in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
If you want to add more music, you can do so at any time by selecting “Edit” in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then selecting the green + symbol next to “Add Music.”
How to delete a playlist in the Music app on an iPhone
1.Reopen your Music app and browse back to your Library playlists in the left-hand navigation pane. 2.Press the “Open” button to bring up the playlist you’d like to erase. Three dots will appear towards the right-hand corner of your screen, exactly above the “Shuffle” option. Tap them to begin rearranging your cards. To shuffle the cards, tap the three dots above the word “Shuffle.” Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino 4.Select “Delete from Library” from the pop-up menu that appears next to the trashcan symbol.
Business Insider photographer Marissa Perino If you select Yes, you will be prompted to confirm that you want to remove the playlist from your Library.
To confirm, press the “Delete Playlist” button.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Marissa Perino is a former editorial intern who specialized in executive lifestyle and culture coverage. Cold Lips in London and Creative Nonfiction in Pittsburgh were among the places she’s previously worked. In addition to studying creative writing at the University of Pittsburgh, she majored in journalism and communications. Her Twitter handle is @mlperino.Insider Inc. earns a commission when you purchase anything after clicking on one of our affiliate links.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
When you subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service, you have access to a music database including more than 90 million songs as well as the ability to create and share infinite playlists with friends. With so much choice, it’s easy to wind up with a slew of playlists that you don’t actually listen to. They might take up valuable phone storage or screen space, and they can be a pain to navigate through while using a smartphone. However, you may either erase a downloaded playlist from your device or remove it from your media library, depending on the situation.
How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
Apple Music playlists that have been downloaded to your iPhone may be deleted immediately from your Apple Music account. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Select “Library” from the Music app’s drop-down menu. Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. Locate and hold down the long-press button on the playlist you wish to remove
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu options. Remove Downloads” should be selected if you wish to remove the playlist from the local storage of your iPhone. Alternatively, select “Delete from Collection” to get it removed from your media library
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
Despite the fact that Apple Music is an Apple app, it is also accessible on Android. Using an Android device, follow these steps to erase a playlist:
- To access Apple Music playlists, launch the app and click “Playlists.” The playlist you wish to delete should be selected and held down. Select “Remove.” from the list of pop-up choices
- Choose “Erase Downloads” if you only want to remove the playlist from your device. Selecting “Delete from Library” will remove it from your Apple Music library as an alternative.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
The desktop version of Apple Music has a somewhat different design than the mobile app; nonetheless, the procedure for removing a playlist is the same as it is for deleting a playlist in the mobile app. If you want to erase an Apple Music playlist from your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. From the left-hand pane, choose the playlist that you wish to remove. Choose “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click it. You may also erase something by using the “delete” key on your keyboard. To finalize the deletion, click “Delete Playlist,” followed by “Move to Trash.”
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
The following steps will show you how to erase an Apple Music playlist from your iPad:
- Open the Music application
- Select “Playlists” from the “Library” drop-down menu. Long-press the playlist you wish to erase from your computer
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu that appears. If you want to remove it from your iPad, pick “Remove Downloads,” and if you want to remove it from your media library completely, select “Delete from Library.”
If you have more than one song by the same artist, you can locate them all in your music library (including your Playlists). For example, the song might be included on a soundtrack as well as an album release. You may also look for exact song duplication with this feature. Using your computer, you may complete the following steps: 1. Open the Music app and select “Songs” from the left-hand navigation pane. 2. Select a song and then do one of the following actions: “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Duplicate Items” will bring up a list of all instances of that music in your library.
When searching for exact duplicates, hold down the “Option” key and select “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Exact Duplicate Items” from the menu. Remove duplicate songs by right-clicking on them and selecting “Delete,” or by simply pressing the delete key and then confirming.
Can I Delete a Playlist Without Deleting the Songs?
Yes, it is possible. To remove the playlist from your library, select “Delete from Library” from the drop-down menu. All of the accompanying music will still be available for purchase.
How Do I Organize My Playlists Into Folders?
The following are the procedures to take in order to organize your playlists into folders on a computer: 1. Launch the Music application. 2. Select “File,” “New,” and then “Playlist Folder” from the drop-down menu. 3. Type in the name of the folder and press Enter. In order to rename it, simply double-click it and type in the new name. Drag your playlists, other folders, and individual items into the new folder to complete the transformation.
Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
Apple Music has a large music catalog, and you can create an unlimited number of playlists on the service. As a music enthusiast, it’s rather simple to amass a large amount of musical material. Apple Music, on the other hand, will assist you when you need to clean and free up valuable music storage space on your smartphone. You have the option of deleting a downloaded playlist from your device alone, or you may delete it from your Apple Music library completely. Do you make your own playlists?
If yes, what sorts of playlists do you enjoy listening to the most?
How to Delete a Playlist from Your iPhone
Note: This post is part of the Tip of the Day newsletter from iPhone Life. Fill out the registration form.* One of my favorite things to do on my iPhone is to create and share playlists with friends. Old playlists, on the other hand, tend to accumulate. Before you know it, you’ve accumulated fifty playlists, with only about five of them being ones that you really listen to. It’s important to understand how to delete a Spotify playlist on the iPhone, as well as how to remove a YouTube Music playlist and an Apple Music playlist, if things are getting out of hand.
Subscribe to our free Tip of the Day if you’re interested in learning more about the capabilities of your music applications.
Now, here’s how to swiftly delete playlists from some of the most popular music applications on your iOS device: To: Jump to:
- How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
- How to Delete a YouTube Music Playlist
- How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
- How to Delete a Playlist on Google Play
How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
This music app has been a favorite listening experience for many people because to its engaging features, which include the ability to listen to music offline and the ability to build radio stations from playlists. This tutorial will show you how to erase a Spotify playlist from your iPhone using the procedures listed below.
- Open the Spotify application
- TapYour Libraryat the bottom of the screen, then pick the playlist you desire to remove from the system. To make changes to your Spotify playlist, click on the three dots that appear next to the Play button. Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu. There will be a pop-up window that appears. To confirm, press the Delete key.
How to Delete a Playlist on YouTube Music
If you want to delete a playlist from your YouTube Music account for any reason, whether you’re changing your music preferences or simply cleaning up clutter, follow these instructions. In addition, if you have a premium YouTube account, you may download complete playlists of music that you still adore.
- Open the YouTube Music App on your smartphone. Playlists may be found on the Home screen by selecting it. Select the three dots next to the playlist you desire to remove from your computer’s memory
- Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu.
If you do this, the playlist will be removed from your YouTube Music account.
How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
Follow the instructions below to remove your Apple Music playlist.
- Open the Music App on your phone. Choose theLibrarytab at the bottom of your screen, and then tapPlaylistsat the top of the screen. To remove a playlist, select it and press Delete. To make changes to your playlist, choose it by tapping the three dots at the top of the screen. Select Delete from Library from the pop-up option that appears. Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to it! It has been determined that your playlist has been wiped from all of your devices that are connected to the same Apple ID account. The music in the playlist will still be available to you even if the playlist has been deleted from your Apple Music Library (and even add them to new playlists).
GongTo / Shutterstock.com is credited with the top picture. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.
Apple Music 101: How to Clear Your ‘Up Next’ Queue to Remove Unwanted Upcoming Songs
The “Up Next” function in Apple Music allows you to choose which songs you want to hear next and in what sequence you want them to be played. This list, on the other hand, might soon get cluttered, resulting in a collection of music that you never intended to listen to in the first place. Fortunately, Apple has designed a means for you to clear Up Next, it’s just that it’s not immediately visible. Knowing how the Up Next function works will help you understand why this step is so difficult to grasp — there is no “Clear All” option to be found on the Up Next page.
Apple prefers to keep some functions hidden in order to, presumably, maintain the UI as clutter-free as possible.
- Don’t Miss: How to Disable Apple Music’s Auto-Renewal for Free Trials
- How to Disable Apple Music’s Auto-Renewal for Paid Subscriptions
Accessing ‘Up Next’
To clear Up Next, you must first understand where to look for Up Next. To begin, select a song and begin playing it. By pressing on the “Now Playing” bar at the bottom of the screen, you can get yourself to the main player window if you aren’t already there. To uncover all of the hidden controls and options, swipe up from where you are now standing. The final feature is Up Next. You can manually add new songs to Up Next by either long-pressing them, 3D Touching them, or tapping the ellipsis () icon, then selecting either “Play Next” or “Play Later,” depending on whether you want the song to play immediately or at the end of your Up Next queue.
Option 1: Deleting Tracks One at a Time
To delete a small number of songs from Up Next, imagine your tracks as text threads in Messages, where you swipe left on each one to show the “Delete” button. A swipe to the left that is less than halfway across the screen will offer you the option to select “Remove” to remove the music from your library (on iOS only). Additionally, if you swipe your finger more than halfway leftward, the swipe will be deleted immediately when you lift your finger. You must swipe at least halfway across the screen to remove a track from the “Up Next” section of the Android interface.
Option 2: Clearing All Tracks at Once
This step is for you if you’ve taken a look at the tangled mess that is your Up Next pick and determined that “it’s time to let this go,” then this is the step for you. You’ll note that there is no “Clear All” button to be found anywhere on the page. This option, in contrast to the secret delete function found on each track, is not available here. You must exit this page in order for this technique to function, and you must also add a new song to the mix in order for it to work.
When You Haven’t Added Anything Manually
If you haven’t manually added anything to Up Next, every time you play a song, all of the songs that come after it in the same album, playlist, artist, genre, or other category will automatically populate your Up Next queue with their respective tracks. When you play a new song from another album, playlist, artist, genre, or other folder, Up Next will be adjusted to include the songs from that folder.
Because there are no songs following the previous track, picking the final track from either the current or a different album/playlist/artist/genre will effectively clear Up Next, as there will be no songs following the last track.
When You Have Added Songs Manually
However, if you’ve personally added music to Up Next, things become a little more complicated. If you’re looking for a song from an album, playlist, artist, genre, or anything else that isn’t already in your Up Next queue, long-press on the final song in the list, 3D Touch it, or tap the ellipsis () symbol next to it. Following your selection of the final music in the mixed Up Next queue, you will be presented with a popup asking you what you want to do next. When you tap “Clear Up Next,” your queue will be completely empty.
In order to correctly empty out your queue, you must pick a song at the conclusion of an album, playlist, artist, genre, or other collection of songs.
Given that your track should be the final song to be played from its respective folder, this should also clear Up Next, since there will be no music to play after your track.
With a one-time purchase from the newGadget Hacks Shop, you can get a lifetime membership to VPN Unlimited for all of your devices, allowing you to stream Hulu or Netflix without being restricted by region, boost security when surfing on public networks, and much more.
- 41 percent off a Wi-Fi analyser for the house
- A learn to code package is available for 98 percent discount. A 98 percent discount on an accounting bootcamp is available
- XSplit VCam video backdrop editor is on sale for 59 percent discount.
Jake Peterson/Gadget Hacks provided the cover art, screenshots, and animated GIFs.
How to Delete a Playlist from Apple Music on iPhone or iPad
- 1Start by launching the Apple Music application. Upon closer inspection, the symbol seems to be a pink and purple music note on a white backdrop. Playlists may be accessed by selecting Playlists from the menu bar.
- Apple Music is available for download via the App Store or Google Play. An image of a pink and purple music note on a white backdrop represents the icon’s appearance. Playlists may be accessed by selecting Playlists from the menu bar
- 3Long press the playlist you wish to remove from your computer. On iPhones with 3D Touch, you’ll need to touch the screen down while simultaneously clicking the screen up. 4 Remove or delete items from your library by selecting them from the drop-down menu.
- Which options you see in the menu will be determined by whether or not the playlist has been downloaded to your device.
- 5 Confirm that you wish to remove it from your computer. Your pop-up message may say anything like “Delete Playlist” or “Delete from Library.”
- If the playlist was kept on other devices but has not yet been downloaded to your iPhone or iPad, you will get the option to “Delete Playlist” when you choose it. This will erase the playlist from any other devices that are linked to your computer. The phrase “Delete from Library” will appear if the playlist has been downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. If you choose this option, the individual downloaded songs will remain on your smartphone, but the playlist will be removed from all of your linked devices.
This option will be available if the playlist was previously kept on other devices but had not been downloaded to your iPhone or iPad. Other connected devices will no longer have access to the playlist as a result of this. It will say “Delete from Library” if the playlist has been downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. If you choose this option, the individual downloaded songs will remain on your smartphone, but the playlist will be deleted from all of your linked devices.
- You may also access the delete option from the full view of the playlist by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the pink circle above the playlist
- This will take you to the entire view of the playlist.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 11,170 times so far.
Did this article help you?
Apple Music allows you to add a song to your collection as well as download it to your computer for later listening while offline. Whenever you wish to remove a song from your library, you have two choices: Remove and Delete from Library. Both of these items are distinct from one another. One can uninstall a downloaded music in order to free up space on the computer. Other removes the song from your music collection once it has been added. Please let us know more and we will go over the next stages.
- It is possible to delete downloaded music from Apple Music
- However, it is not possible to remove songs from the Apple Music Library.
How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
You enjoy a song on Apple Music, so you download it. When you click on the plus (+) symbol, the music is automatically added to your Library. You may now access it through the Songs section and play it using cellular data or Wi-Fi. Alternatively, you can download this music for offline listening by selecting the download icon from the drop-down menu.
You may also select automatic download, which will store every music you add to your Library to your computer’s hard drive after it has been added. This may take up a significant amount of space on your iPhone over time. So let’s have a look at how to get rid of them.
- What is the best way to delete a single song on an iPhone or iPad? How to Delete a Group of Downloaded Songs or All of Them from the Settings App
- Instructions on how to delete songs from Apple Music on an Android device
- Tips & Tricks for Deleting Songs from Apple Music on the Mac and Windows PC
How to Delete Individual Song on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Remove a song by selecting it and pressing the Remove button. Finally, click on the Remove Download button.
Let’s have a look at how to erase all or a group of tracks at the same time.
How to Delete Multiple or All Downloaded Songs from Settings App
- Launch the iPhoneSettings application
- Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping on it. Select Downloaded Music from the drop-down menu. When viewing All Songs or specific artists, swipe right to left. After that, select Delete or Edit from the drop-down menu. After that, click on the minus icon and then click on Delete
As a result of Steps 1 and 2, the song is no longer available for download. You will not be able to listen to it offline at this time. The track, on the other hand, remains in your Apple Music Library and may still be played back. The download icon may be accessed at any moment should you desire to redownload it.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Android
- Open theApple Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song and select Remove
- Select REMOVE DOWNLOAD from the drop-down menu.
Redownloading the music is as simple as going toLibrarySongs and clicking on thedownloadbutton next to this song.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Mac and Windows PC
On a Mac running macOS Catalina, you must utilize the Music app to listen to music (as iTunes is no longer available). You’ll have to utilize iTunes if you’re using an older Mac or Windows PC. The remaining stages are nearly identical.
- Open the music application oriTunes
- From the left-hand sidebar, choose Songs. To see all of the music you’ve downloaded in one place, click on the tiny cloud symbol next to Name. Songs that have been downloaded do not have a download icon next to them
- Instead, right-click on a song. Remove the downloaded file by clicking on it.
To delete numerous songs from your playlist, follow these steps: On a Mac, hold down the Command button. Hold down the Control button on your Windows computer. Now it’s time to choose the tunes. After that, right-click and select Remove Download from the context menu. To delete all songs from your playlist, use Command + Aon Mac. On a Windows PC, press Control + A. In order to re-download the music, click on the download icon located next to it.
How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
The process of deleting a song is different from the process of uninstalling a downloaded song. You were eliminating the song’s file from your device’s local storage by following the procedures outlined above. Let’s take a look at how to remove a song that has been added to your Apple Music Library. This will also erase it from all of your Apple devices as well as your Playlists and iTunes library.
On iPhone or iPad
- Open the Musicapp
- Choose Library
- Then Songs from the drop-down menu. Songs that have been added to your Library but have not yet been downloaded for offline listening will have a download icon next to them. In the case of tracks that have been downloaded offline, no icons will appear next to them. Select a song and then select Delete from Library from the pop-up menu. After that, select Delete Song
- If you select a song that has already been downloaded, the option Remove will appear instead of Delete from Library. Remove the item by pressing the button. Then select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. When you delete a song from your library, it also deletes the music file you downloaded.
Do you want to listen to a music that you accidentally erased from your Library? To play a song, go to the Search menu, find it, and tap on it. If you want to add it to your Library again, you may do so by tapping on the plus (+) symbol. Information:You may listen to a music online without having to download it to your computer. However, in order to download a music offline, you must first add it to your library.
- Open the Apple Music application. SelectLibrary from the drop-down menu. Select Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song to play it
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, if you see Remove, select it and then select DELETE FROM LIBRARY.
On Mac and Windows PC
- On new Macs, launch the Musicapp. vintage Macs and PCs with a retro-tune
- Right-click on a song in the Songs section of the left sidebar. Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Select Delete Song from the drop-down menu.
I’m going to sign off. This demonstrates how to remove a single song from Apple Music or all songs from Apple Music on multiple devices. Once again, there is a distinction between removing a music and deleting a song from the library in the iTunes library. The music file that has been downloaded has been deleted. Removed from the Library removes the music from your Library, Playlists, and any devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID as you are now using. To be sure, any music that you remove or delete from your library may be quickly re-added or downloaded to your library as long as you have an active Apple Music membership.
Following that, you might want to have a look at some of the finest alternatives to Apple Music.
Dhvanesh, the proprietor of iGeeksBlog, is a die-hard Apple fan who can’t abide even the slightest hint against the company’s goods on the internet. The editor-in-headgear chief’s he dons in order to ensure that articles meet the quality level before they are published in the journal.
How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
From macOS Catalina onward, iTunes was divided into four independent apps:Apple Music (where your iTunes media collection is stored),Apple TV (the app, not the set-top box or streaming service — yeah, it’s confusing),Apple Booksapp, andApple Podcastsapp. As a result, several modifications were made to the way playlists were handled. But don’t worry, it’s still a very simple process.
How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
Make a new Music playlist on your computer. The new playlist may be found in the sidebar on the left, underneath the Playlists section of the site.
Create a new playlist and add songs to it at the same time:
- Choose one or more songs from the list
- Control-click and select “Add to PlaylistNew Playlist” from the drop-down menu
How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- Open the Music application and select a playlist from the sidebar on the left. The playlist may be created by dragging an item from your music collection to the playlist or by control-clicking an item and selecting “Add to Playlist,” then selecting a playlist. If you want to add songs to a playlist without putting them in your library, go to “MusicPreferences,” click Advanced, and then uncheck the box that says “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.”
Add music to an Apple Music Playlist without adding them to your iTunes Library, and vice versa.
How to Edit a Music Playlist:
Open Music and select a playlist from the drop-down menu. Then you may do the following:
- Replace the playlist’s name by clicking on the playlist’s name at the top of the window and typing the new title
You may alter the name of a playlist by choosing it straight from the list.
- Rearrange the tracks in the following order: “ViewSort By” is the option to select. When you select “ViewSort ByPlaylist Order,” you have the option of dragging things into the order you like. Remove an item from the list: Select the item and press the Delete key to remove it from the list. (If you already have the removed music in your library, removing it from a playlist will not remove it from your library or storage device.)
How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- Activate the Music app, choose a playlist, then press the Delete key.
Confirm that you wish to remove the chosen Music Playlist from your computer. If you remove a playlist, the music contained inside the playlist will stay in your collection and on your Mac until you delete them again. So, if you want to delete a playlist from your library, Control-click the playlist in the sidebar on the left and select Delete from Library from the context menu.
Dennis has more than 40 years of journalism experience and has produced hundreds of pieces for a variety of publications. He’s been working as an internet writer for more than two decades, mostly covering Apple, Inc. He has written for a variety of publications, including MacCentral, MacWorld, MacMinute, Macsimum News, Apple Daily Report, and is currently a contributing editor at AppleWorldToday.com.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Apple Music Playlist on an iPhone
When you unexpectedly discover that your Apple Music playlists have vanished, whether you accidentally deleted them or the data on your iPhone were lost due to auto sync, you may wonder how to recover your lost Apple Music playlists. Does this imply that you will be unable to recover the files? Simply read the post for more information on the four most effective strategies for retrieving lost playlists on Apple Music.
- Part 1: How to Restore Deleted Apple Music Playlists on Your iPhone
- Part 2: How to Restore Deleted Apple Music Playlists on Your iPad Part 2: Recovering Deleted Apple Music from the iCloud Music Library
- Second, two simple methods to recover deleted Apple Music playlists are presented in Part Three. 4. How to avoid accidentally deleting a playlist on Apple Music (Part 4 of 4).
Part 1: How to Restore Deleted Apple Music Playlists on Your iPhone
When looking for a practical way to recover the deleted Apple Music playlist from your iPhone with simplicity, Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recoveryis the best choice. It is the ultimate approach to recover files from your iPhone, your iTunes library, and your iCloud library. It helps you to recover data that has been lost due to factory resets, unintentional deletion, and a variety of other reasons. FoneLab – Data Recovery for the iPhone
- Recover music playlists that have been mistakenly deleted, lost, or gone missing after a factory reset. Before performing data recovery, it is recommended that you preview the destroyed music playlists or other files. It is possible to retrieve files from the iPhone directly, as well as through iTunes and iCloud backups. It is compatible with the most recent versions of the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iOS, including iOS 14
Download the Windows versionDownload the Mac version First, we’ll have a look at what to do. Connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable. After you have downloaded and installed the iPhone data recovery software, you should run the application on your computer. You should unlock your iPhone when the software detects it and choose the Truston your iPhone option when the program detects your iPhone. Furthermore, after trusting the computer, you must enter your iPhone password a total of 2-4 times.
- You may use the Start Scanbutton to scan the Apple Music playlists that have been removed from your iPhone immediately.
- Note: If you just want to retrieve the deleted files, you may choose a certain result from the list, such as Show all or Show Deleted Only.
- Step 3: Recover the Apple music playlists that were previously erased.
- Following that, you can select a destination folder on your computer and save the files as a backup.
Note:Because data recovery is a probabilistic process, it cannot be guaranteed that a deleted Apple Music playlist will be retrieved in 100 percent of circumstances. It is strongly advised that you try out the free trial version first before making a decision on whether or not to purchase.
Part 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Apple Music from iCloud Music Library
When you sync the Apple Music library with the iCloud Music Library, certain songs will be replaced with their own versions, while others will be replaced with 256KBPS AAC files, depending on your settings. To restore the lost Apple Music playlist, just make the necessary adjustments in the iCloud Music Library settings, as shown below. Step 1: On your iPhone, go to theSettingsApp. Scroll down to the Music section and tap it to make changes to the iCloud Music Library’s settings. Enable both Apple Music and the iCloud Music Library in Step 2.
Step 3A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to activate iCloud Music Library; pick theMerge option to confirm your selection.
You may return to Apple Music and see that all of your songs have been restored.
Part 3: 2 Simple Methods to Get Back the Deleted Apple Music Playlists
You may also restore the Apple Music playlists that have been erased by establishing new ones. Simply check to see whether you’ve shared any playlist links or followed any of your favorite artists, and you’ll be able to recover the erased files in a matter of clicks.
Method 1. Get back the Playlist from the Link
The music from your existing playlists can be selected and added to a new playlist if the playlists have already been shared with other friends via a link. Don’t forget to update the URLs to your substitute playlists with the latest information. Using theShareoption, it should be possible to recover a deleted Apple Music Playlist in a quick and effective manner.
Method 2. Create Playlist with followed Artists
Of course, you can also look through theFollowed Artistssection of theAccountsettings to see what the artist’s collections are like. Your library or playlist may have an alphabetical listing of every artist that has ever been added to your library or playlist if these settings have not been changed. This makes restoring the lost Apple Music playlist a simple task to accomplish.
Part 4: How to Avoid Accidentally Deleting Playlist on Apple Music
In order to avoid mistakenly deleting a playlist on Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad, you may follow the procedures outlined below to prevent a music playlist from being accidentally deleted on your iPhone.
- Backup your music files, as well as your music playlists, to your computer or an external hard drive on a frequent basis. Make certain that Apple recognizes the computer that has your music collection and all of your playlists as your primary device. When you delete a music track or playlist from your iTunes library on your computer, make sure that the Remove Download checkbox is not selected.
Conclusion If you have accidentally lost some Apple Music playlists on your iPhone, you can learn more about the three best techniques to restore a deleted Apple Music playlist on your iPhone by reading this article. Simply relax and select a solution that suits your needs. Furthermore, you might make certain measures in order to avoid such mishaps in the future.
How to Delete Apple Music Playlists on iTunes
Trying to remove certain Apple Music playlists from your computer that don’t include any music that you don’t want to keep? This guide will instruct you on how to prepare it. “If I remove an Apple Music playlist from iTunes, will the music contained within the playlist be deleted as well?” a user of iTunes inquired. Actually, removing a playlist does not result in the deletion of the music included inside it.
So proceed with caution if you wish to erase any Apple Music playlists from your computer. Now follow the easy steps outlined below to clear up your iTunes library by eliminating any unnecessary Apple Music playlists that have accumulated.
How to Delete Apple Music Playlists on iTunes
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and click on the Music tab. 2. Select the playlist you wish to remove from the Apple Music Playlists group and click on the Delete button. Photograph courtesy of iMore.com Read this first: How to Transfer a Playlist from an iPhone to iTunes.
The Bottom Line
This is only one of the fundamental guidelines for those who utilize iTunes and Apple Music. You might also be interested in some other techniques for organizing your iTunes library, such as eliminating duplicates in iTunes or recreating your iTunes library from scratch. As a member of the iMobie team and an avid Apple supporter, I enjoy assisting more consumers with a variety of iPhone-related concerns.
How to Delete a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music
The Apple Music service provides users with access to a massive collection of songs. Adding songs to playlists allows you to modify the list of songs that are played on your device by locating them in the Apple Music library and adding them to the playlist. However, you may discover that you no longer wish to listen to a certain song, or that the same song appears on your playlist more than once. It’s probable that you’ll opt to remove the music from your playlist if you find yourself in this circumstance.
Continue reading to find out how to remove an undesired song from a playlist in the Apple Music app by following the steps outlined below.
Remove a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music on an iPhone
It was written on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.4 to create the steps in this guide. It is important to note that you must have iOS 8.4 or above installed in order to utilize Apple Music. You can learn more about changing the operating system on your iPhone by visiting this page. Please keep in mind that if you have the same music in many playlists, it will not be removed from any of them. You will need to repeat these procedures in order to remove it from the other playlists as well.
- Step 1: Launch the Music application
- Step 2: Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the My Music option. Third, tap thePlayliststab at the top of the screen
- And finally, tap OK. Step 4: Choose the playlist that contains the music that you desire to remove from the playlist. Fifth, locate the song from the playlist that you want to remove and press the symbol with three dots to the right of that song
- Step 6: Select the Remove from Playlist option from the drop-down menu.
Did you sign up for a free trial of Apple Music but aren’t sure if you want to keep using the service after the trial period ended? Apple Music users may discover how to turn off the automatic subscription renewal option by visiting this page. This will prevent you from being charged when your Apple Music membership is about to expire. Since 2008, Matthew Burleigh has been authoring technical lessons for a variety of platforms. His material has featured on dozens of various websites and has been seen more than 50 million times in total.
However, he now devotes his time exclusively to generating articles for the internet and developing websites.
Disclaimer: Most websites on the internet, including this one, include affiliate links, some of which are visible on this page.
Unsharing Playlists in Apple Music
Generally speaking, the process of sharing playlists on Apple Music is rather straightforward: When you hit on the share button, a normal iOS Sharing Sheet appears, which allows you to copy a playlist link to your clipboard and send it out by text message, email, or social networking channels. The link may be accessed by anybody who has it and has either iTunes 12.2 or iOS 8.4 or later on their device. They can then just click on it to view the content of the playlist in iTunes or the iOS Music app, and even store a reference to it in their own library.
What happens, though, if you decide that you no longer wish to share a playlist with others?
To add, remove, or reorganize tracks in the iOS Music app, you must first navigate to the playlist and then hit the “Edit” option, just as you would usually do.
Keep in mind that, while the Music app displays this as a toggle switch option, it is actually not one – if you turn it off, it completely disappears, making this a strange use of that particular UI control.
Although this will disable sharing for the playlist, it should be noted that Apple Music does not regenerate the sharing URL in the event that you decide to share the playlist again — meaning that anyone who had the original link would still be able to access your playlist if you decide to turn sharing back on.
Use this playlist to remove unwanted Apple Music downloads
Who would want to listen to this kind of music? Shuffling and skipping are two excellent techniques for listening to new music on your iPhone while using Apple Music. Photo courtesy of Charlie Sorrel/Cult of Mac. It is possible to download a large amount of new music on your iPhone and then turn it to shuffle mode while you are out for a stroll. A double touch on one of your AirPods will skip any music that you don’t like for if you’re also sporting a pair of AirPods.
It’s a fantastic method to discover new music, but it has one significant and frustrating drawback: you wind up with a large number of unsolicited downloads cluttering up your iPhone. However, with a simple smart playlist, you can correct this problem right away.
Clear download clutter
On my walks, I open up the Music app, browse to theDownloaded Music Songssection, and hit theShuffle button twice. I go out the door with my iPhone playing a random playlist that it has created. If I don’t like a song, I can skip it by double-tapping the left AirPod on my left ear. As previously said, this results in a significant number of unsolicited downloads on my phone. Even if I enjoy the music, I don’t want to be subjected to them when I’m out and about in public. So, how can I maintain the music in my library while deleting the downloads from my computer?
Smart Playlists to the rescue
You’ll need a Mac to set up the smart playlist, but once that’s done, everything can be completed on the iPhone. A Smart Playlist will be used to bring all of the tunes that were skipped together in one place. This requires that you have iTunes installed on your Mac or PC. You may create a new Smart Playlist by selectingFile New Smart Playlist. from the iTunes menubar, or by pressing Command-Option-Non on the keyboard to shortcut. After that, set it up as follows: This is a collection of any songs that have been skipped in the last week.
The playlist will gather any songs that have been skipped in the previous week and will also download any songs that have been skipped to your computer.
It will also take into consideration the device on which it is being used, so if you access this playlist on an iPhone, it will only display songs that have been skipped and have been downloaded to that iPhone.
Image courtesy of the Mac Cult.
Removing the downloads
Smart playlists assist you in removing unwanted downloads from your computer. Image courtesy of the Mac Cult. Remove downloaded tunes from your iPhone by opening a new playlist in the Music app and tapping the little circle with three dotsicon at the bottom of your screen. Then tapRemove, and then tapRemove Downloads to complete the process. You’ve completed your task. Alternatively, if you do not see the option to Remove Downloads, it is because your iPhone does not believe that all of the music have been successfully downloaded.
Whoever it is, the iPhone can get a little confused every now and again.
Because the music have already been downloaded, this should not result in any further downloads.
Clean and tidy
Not only have your undesirable downloads been removed from your computer, but you can also shuffle your downloaded songs without having to listen to them all over again. Maintaining a steady stream of fresh sounds in your listening collection without repeating anything you don’t want is now possible if you continually adding new files to your collection.
All that is required is that you periodically clear this playlist on your iPhone by removing the downloaded files.
How To Delete Music From Your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac
How to remove songs, albums, and playlists from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac using the Music app is covered in detail in the following article. There are a variety of reasons why you would wish to remove music from your smartphone. For example, you may like to make some more room. Alternatively, you may just dislike some songs and wish to get rid of them. Likewise, see: This account does not have iCloud Music enabled, which should be corrected.
Remove music from your Apple Watch
If you have an iPhone connected to your watch, you may erase music from it. Take the actions outlined below: 1. Launch the Apple Watch application on your iPhone. 2.Select the My Watch option from the drop-down menu. After that, scroll down and select Music. 3. The Edit button will be located in the upper-right corner of the screen. Please keep in mind that if you do not see this button, it implies that no music has been downloaded to your watch. By using the “Add Music” button, you may sync your music library.
Select the music that you wish to remove from your computer by pressing the delete (-) button next to it.
See also: You’re Already an Apple Music Subscriber, Here’s How to Fix It
Remove music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
There are two methods to accomplish this: through the Settings menu or through the Music app. Using the Settings menu will allow you to remove all of your tunes from your device. Here’s how it’s done: Likewise, see: Can’t seem to get iCloud Music Library to work? Fix App for listening to music On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to the Music app and press Play. 2. Select an item to be deleted from the list. It might be a playlist, an album, or even a single song. 3. Continue to tap and hold the item until a menu is displayed.
- The following option will appear: “This music has been downloaded to this iPhone” (or iPad).
- Settings Additionally, see:Music App: Album / Song Cover Art Not Making an Appearance?
- Here’s how it’s done: 1.
- Locate an item to be deleted; it may be a song, an artist, or an album, for example.
- This will display a red Delete button on the right side of the screen.
- If you wish to remove all of your music from your library, swipe left on “all songs” and press “Delete.”
Remove music from your Mac
We will be using the Apple Music application. Take the actions outlined below: Likewise, see: Having trouble signing into the Music App on your Mac? Fix 1. Launch the Music app on your Mac and listen to some music. (You may access the app by using the Spotlight key on your keyboard.) 2. In the Music app, in the sidebar, select Artists, Albums, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you may choose a Playlist to remove. 3. Locate the item (playlist, song, album, or artist) that you wish to remove and click on it.
You may also right-click (control-click) the item to choose it.
Then pick “Delete from Library” from the drop-down menu.
Click “Yes” to proceed. This will remove the music from all of your devices that are connected to the Cloud Music Library.” If you wish to proceed, select Delete Song from the drop-down menu. See also: How to Fix an iPhone That Vibrates When Music Is Played