How to cancel Apple Music
- Go to music.apple.com.
- Choose Sign In at the top of the page. If you don’t see Sign In, skip this step.
- Tap or click the account icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll to Subscriptions and choose Manage.
- Choose Cancel Subscription.
- 1 What happens when you delete your Apple Music account?
- 2 How do I delete all my Apple Music?
- 3 Can you delete Apple Music app?
- 4 How do I clear my iTunes library?
- 5 How do I delete Apple Music from my Mac?
- 6 How do I uninstall Apple Music from my Mac?
- 7 What happens when you delete the music app on iPhone?
- 8 How do I delete my entire iTunes library and start over on iPhone?
- 9 How do I delete songs from my iPhone but not iTunes?
- 10 How do I delete my Apple Music Account?
- 11 All replies
- 12 How to Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription
- 13 Cancel on iOS or iPadOS
- 14 Cancel on an Android Device
- 15 Cancel on a Mac
- 16 Cancel Through iTunes
- 17 Cancel Through the Web
- 18 Cancel Through Apple TV
- 19 How to delete an Apple Music account
- 20 If you’re over Apple Music, you can cancel your subscription — here’s how!
- 21 How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on iPhone or iPad
- 22 How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on Mac
- 23 Questions?
- 24 How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on any device
- 25 How to cancel Apple Music on a computer
- 26 How to cancel Apple Music on an iPhone or iPad
- 27 How to cancel Apple Music on an Android
- 28 Here’s how to cancel your Apple Music subscription
- 29 How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
- 30 If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
- 31 How to Delete Songs from iPhone
- 32 How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
- 33 How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
- 34 How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
- 35 How to Cancel Apple Music And Keep Your Playlists – Blog – FreeYourMusic.com
- 36 What is Apple Music
- 37 How much is Apple Music
- 38 How to use Apple Music for free
- 39 How to cancel Apple Music subscription
- 40 What will happen after canceling Apple Music
- 41 Keep your playlists before you cancel Apple Music Subscription
- 42 Saying goodbye to Apple Music
- 43 Cancel Apple Music Subscription But Keep Your Music Library
- 44 Cancel via Apple Music App
- 45 Cancel via Settings
- 46 Access to Apple Music after Cancelation
- 47 After your subscription is over
- 48 How to cancel Apple Music but keep your playlists?
- 49 Transfer Apple Music playlist to
What happens when you delete your Apple Music account?
“When you delete your profile, your user handle and music activity clear from Apple Music, but your Apple Music subscription isn’t affected. If you shared a playlist with a friend and they saved it to their device, the playlist disappears. Your library and playlists don’t change.”
How do I delete all my Apple Music?
How to delete all of your downloaded music from Apple Music
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap the “Music” tab.
- Tap “Downloaded Music.”
- This will bring you to a list of your downloaded music.
- Tap the red minus (-) sign next to “All Songs” to delete all of your downloaded music.
Can you delete Apple Music app?
You can erase the iOS Music app, and that also erases the associated media files. (You can re-install it as new from the App Store, if you change your mind.) You can backup the music files on your notebook, to keep them safe.
How do I clear my iTunes library?
Delete songs and albums
- In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
- Click the item to select it, then press the Delete key.
- Click Delete [item].
- Do one of the following: Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.
How do I delete Apple Music from my Mac?
Answer: A: You can’t uninstall Apple Music, however, you can go to iTunes>Preferences and deselect ‘Show Apple Music Features ‘ and this will remove Apple Music items and tabs from iTunes.
How do I uninstall Apple Music from my Mac?
Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold any app until the apps jiggle. Click Delete button next to the app that you want to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately.
What happens when you delete the music app on iPhone?
If you delete the Music app, you’ll be unable to play audio content in its library using Apple apps or third-party apps on some car stereos or stereo receivers.
How do I delete my entire iTunes library and start over on iPhone?
Option 1 – Select All then Delete
- Open the list of songs you wish to delete.
- Windows users, hold “Ctrl” and press “A“. Mac users hold “Command” and press “A“.
- Press the “Delete” key.
- Select the “Delete Items” button to confirm your selection.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for any other music lists.
How do I delete songs from my iPhone but not iTunes?
Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music > Edit to delete artists, or > Music > Song > Edit to delete songs locally on your iPhone.
How do I delete my Apple Music Account?
Want to ask or get an answer about Apple Music that isn’t covered in our guide? [email protected] is the best place to send us a message!
Have a query or need a tip about Apple Music that isn’t covered in our guide? Please send us an email at [email protected] The following is the user’s profile: charlesfromca Question:How can I deactivate my Apple Music subscription?
How to Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription
The music-streaming service Apple Music has increased in popularity since its inception in June 2015, particularly among Apple devotees. More than 70 million songs are available for streaming, and you can listen to playlists prepared by music specialists. You can also listen to the Apple Music 1 radio station, which broadcasts music picked by DJs from across the world, 24 hours a day. Apple Music is available on a variety of devices, including Windows PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, iPod touches, Apple Watches, Android devices, newer Apple TVs, and the web.
- All of this sounds great, but what if Apple Music isn’t what you were hoping for?
- Perhaps another music streaming service has captured your attention, your ears, and your financial resources as well.
- If you decide to discontinue your free trial, it will come to an end right away.
- If you change your mind, you can choose to re-subscribe; however, your new membership will begin at the beginning of the following payment period.
Cancel on iOS or iPadOS
Because of its popularity among Apple fans, Apple Music has gained a lot of traction since its debut in June 2015. There are more than 70 million songs available to stream, along with playlists made by music specialists. You can also listen to music picked by DJs from across the world on the Apple Music 1 radio station, which broadcasts 24 hours a day, every day. On a Windows PC or Mac, as well as on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, an Android device, an older Apple TV, or on the internet, you can listen to Apple Music.
That’s all well and good, but what if Apple Music isn’t what you were hoping for?
Possibly, another another music-streaming service has captured your attention, your ears, and your wallet.
It will be over quickly if you choose to discontinue your free trial membership.
If you change your mind, you can choose to re-subscribe; however, your new membership will begin at the beginning of the following monthly period. The following steps will guide you through the process of terminating your Apple Music subscription.
Cancel on an Android Device
Android users who have subscribed to Apple Music may access the service by tapping the Listen Now button, then selecting Account from the three-dot settings menu. Select Manage Subscription and then Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu. If you signed up for the service through the Google Play Store, you may cancel your subscription from the storefront as well. Select Subscriptions from the hamburger menu in the app’s main window to get a list of all your current and previous subscriptions.
Cancel on a Mac
As a result of Apple’s decision to discontinue the iTunes app with macOS Catalina, the process for canceling an Apple Music membership has changed. If you’re using Catalina or Big Sur, go to the Apple menu, pick System Preferences, and then select Apple ID from the list. On the left-hand sidebar, choose MediaPurchases, and then select the Manage option next to Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. Your subscriptions will then be shown in a list. To cancel your Apple Music membership, go to your Apple Music account and select Edit next to your subscription.
You may also cancel and manage your Apple Music membership by going directly to the App Store from your device.
View Information may be accessed by clicking the View Information button, and then signing in with your Apple ID password if requested Until you reach the Manage section, scroll to the very bottom of the Account Information screen until you see “Manage.” Subscriptions can be managed by selecting the Manage link next to them.
Cancel Through iTunes
If you’re using a Windows PC or haven’t yet upgraded your Mac to Catalina or higher, you may still cancel your membership using the iTunes application. To check your account details, open iTunes and select AccountView My Account from the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password. After you’ve reached the bottom of your Account page, look for the Manage link next to the Subscriptions setting and click on it. Apple Music Subscription may be edited by selecting the Edit link next to it.
Upon clicking “Discontinue Membership,” a notice appears, requesting confirmation that you wish to cancel your subscription.
Cancel Through the Web
Apple Songs may also be accessed via the website, where you can listen to music and even cancel your membership if you like. Although you already have a membership, click the Try it Free option (even if you already have one), then click Sign In in the pop-up box and input your credentials. Select Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen once you’ve logged in.
Scroll down the Account Settings page until you reach the Subscriptions area, where you will find the Manage option. In the Edit Your Subscription page, click the Terminate Subscription button, and then confirm your decision to cancel the subscription.
Cancel Through Apple TV
On the fourth-generation Apple TV and the Apple TV 4K, you can listen to music through Apple Music. You can manage your Apple Music Membership membership straight from your television by navigating to SettingsUsers and AccountsSubscriptionsApple Music Membership in the Settings menu. You will then be able to cancel or adjust your subscription status from this screen. Apple Brief/strong> is a weekly email newsletter that delivers the latest news, reviews, tips, and more about Apple. , first published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, last published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:53.000000Z, created at:null, updated at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, first published at: 2021-09-30T21:09:59.000000Z, first_ )” x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”> x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”>
How to delete an Apple Music account
Apple Music (Android | iOS | Web) is a music streaming service provided by the company Apple. In order to gain access to the platform, you must first establish an Apple ID, which serves as a single point of identity for all corporate services, including iCloud and the AppStore, among others.
- The most important Apple Music features you should be aware of
- Learn how to establish and set up an Apple Music account on the popular streaming service. Apple Music vs Spotify: a side-by-side comparison
Consequently, if an individual want to erase their account in streaming, they must do so by deleting their whole Apple ID. This is significant since it prevents the user from having full access to any other services in which he or she may be registered. An solution that is less drastic is to cancel your Apple Music subscription. Recognize how to carry out both acts!
Apple Music: How to unsubscribe
Step 1: Click on the three dot symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. Choose “Account” from the drop-down menu; then click “Open Account Settings” (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes, Reproduction). Step 2: Navigate to “Manage subscription” and double-check your subscription details (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes). Step 3: In the new tab that appears, which has all of the information about the plans, select “Cancel” and proceed as directed by the program. Caption
Apple Music: how to delete Apple ID
Step 1: Log into your Apple ID account at appleid.apple.com. Enter your Apple ID (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes / Reproduction) Step 2: Select “Data and privacy” from the settings menu. Apple ID configuration choices menu (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes / Reproduction) Step 3: On the following page, select “Manage data and privacy” to have access to the cancellation feature. Change information about your account data and privacy settings (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes / Reproduction) Fourth, the user will be taken to the Apple privacy page, where they will be required to log in once more and perform two-factor authentication; Please log in once more.
To permanently delete your Apple ID, choose “Request deletion from your account” from the drop-down menu. Begin the process of requesting that your account be deleted (Photo courtesy of André Magalhes).
- Amazon Prime has made its way to Brazil, and people are flocking to sign up. Have you taken advantage of your complimentary 30-day trial? Click here to learn more.
If you’re over Apple Music, you can cancel your subscription — here’s how!
Apple Music is one of numerous various streaming music subscription services, including Spotify and Tidal, that are available. Apple Music, on the other hand, is tightly interwoven into the iOS and Mac ecosystems, including features like as Siri. Nonetheless, it is not appropriate for everyone, and it lacks several features that may be found in competing services (like a dark mode on iOS). If you decide that Apple Music is not for you after a three-month trial, you may cancel your subscription at any point during that time.
- Using your iPhone or iPad, you may cancel your Apple Music membership. Learn how to cancel your Apple Music membership on a Mac in this tutorial.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on iPhone or iPad
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and browse through the selection. In the upper right corner, tap on your Apple ID avatarin the drop-down menu
- ChooseManage Subscriptions from the drop-down menu
- LocateApple Music MembershipunderActive Subscriptions and press on it. Subscription Cancellation
- SelectCancel Subscription Tap theConfirmbutton to confirm your cancellation.
You may also make changes to your subscription plan using this screen. Example: If you are already enrolled in an individual membership, you can upgrade to a family membership by selecting the appropriate option. Regardless of whether you choose to cancel, you will be able to continue to use Apple Music until the end of your free trial or subscription cycle.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on Mac
- LaunchiTunes on your Mac
- SelectAccountfrom the menu bar
- SelectView My Accountfrom the menu
- Log in with yourApple ID and password
- And then click Done. Click on Manage once you’ve scrolled down until you see Subscriptions. Locate your Apple Music membership and then clickEdit
- Then clickCancel Subscription
- Confirm the cancellation
- And then repeat the process.
If you are dissatisfied with Apple Music as a whole, it is a simple and uncomplicated process to terminate your subscription. In your opinion, which music subscription service is the best? Do you have any more questions about terminating Apple Music? Please share your thoughts in the comments section! In May of this year, we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the United Nations. This version has been updated to work with iOS 12 and macOS Mojave.
Millions of music are available to you in your pocket. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available on Apple’s music streaming service. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
You will require a digital to analog converter in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music on your computer (DAC). Let’s take a look at which digital audio converters are the finest for your iPhone or iPad.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on any device
- Your Apple Music membership may be canceled in seconds with a few simple mouse or touch-screen actions on any of your devices. On an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to use the Settings app to cancel your Apple Music subscription
- On an Android device, the Cancel Subscription option can be found in the Apple Music app’s Account settings. You may also cancel your membership by logging into the Apple Music website and selecting Cancel Subscription from the Settings menu located beneath the account symbol located at the top right of the screen. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
Any of your Apple devices may be used to cancel your Apple Music membership with a few simple clicks or touches. In order to cancel Apple Music on an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to use the Settings app. In order to cancel Apple Music on an Android device, you’ll need to access the Account settings in the Apple Music app. You may also cancel your membership by logging into the Apple Music website and selecting the Settings option from the account symbol at the top right of the screen. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference database.
How to cancel Apple Music on a computer
1.Open a web browser and navigate to theApple Music website. If necessary, log into your account using theSign Inbutton located at the top right of the page. Secondly, select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking the account symbol at the top right of the screen. 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on theManage submenu under theSubscriptionssection.
4.In theEdit Your Subscriptionwindow, selectCancel Subscription and confirm that this is what you want to do using the confirmation box. You may cancel your Apple Music subscription via the company’s website. Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom.
How to cancel Apple Music on an iPhone or iPad
From any iOS device that is connected to your Apple ID, you may quickly and simply terminate your Apple Music membership. Apple’s Settings app keeps track of all of your current, continuing, and even former subscriptions and charges. You may cancel Apple Music by simply opening the Settings app and following the instructions in our tutorial on canceling subscriptions to cancel Apple Music from the list of subscriptions associated with your Apple ID. All of your active subscriptions (including Apple Music) may be found in the Settings app on your iPhone’s home screen.
How to cancel Apple Music on an Android
Users of Apple Music’s mobile app for Android can also cancel their membership from within the app if they are using Apple’s mobile app for Android. Begin by launching the Apple Music application on your Android device. Secondly, touch on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the screen, followed by Account. 3.In theSubscriptionsection, select Manage Subscription from the dropdown menu. 4.Click onCancel Subscriptionand be sure this is what you actually want to do before proceeding. The Apple Music app for Android allows you to manage your subscription from within the app itself.
Dave Johnson is a free-lance writer based in New York City.
Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist.
A photographer who has shot wolves in their natural surroundings, Dave is also a dive instructor and the co-host of many podcasts, all of which can be found on his website.
Here’s how to cancel your Apple Music subscription
When you join up for Apple Music, you will receive a 30-day free trial of the streaming service. If, after your trial period has expired, you decide that you do not want to continue using the service, you will need to cancel your subscription before it automatically renews and you are paid for it. Currently playing: Keep an eye out for this: You may cancel your Apple Music membership at any time. 0:59 Those who choose to terminate their subscriptions do not have to wait until the trial period has ended.
If you have an iOS device, canceling your membership is simple; all you need to know is where to search. That is exactly what we are here for. Jason Cipriani/CNET contributed this screenshot.
- Open the Music app and select the For You tab in the top-right corner of the screen, followed by your profile symbol in the top-right corner of the screen
- Scroll down and select View Account from the drop-down menu. SelectView Apple ID from the drop-down menu.
Jason Cipriani/CNET contributed this screenshot.
- SelectApple Music Subscription from the Subscriptions drop-down menu. The Cancel Subscriptionbutton may be found at the bottom of the final page. Click on it, and then confirm your selection if you choose.
You may also cancel your subscription using iTunes on a computer running either Windows or Mac OS X. Jason Cipriani/CNET contributed this screenshot.
- Start iTunes and listen to your favorite music. AccountView my account may be accessed from the navigation bar. When asked, type in your password to continue. After you have reached theSettingssection, click on theManagenext toSubscriptions button. Make your decision by clickingEditnext toApple Music Subscription
- Then confirm your choices by clickingCancel Subscription
You will continue to have access to Apple Music until the trial period has expired. If you cancel your membership after paying for a month of service, you will still have access to the service for the remainder of the month in which you paid for it. The first edition of this article was published on September 23, 2015. Updated on April 17, 2018: This article has been brought up to date.
How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
The Apple Music trial period will not end while you are still subscribed to it. If you cancel your membership after paying for a month of service, you will still have access to the service for the remainder of the month in which you paid for the subscription. Written on September 23, 2015, and originally published on September 23, 2015. This page has been updated on April 17, 2018.
If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
Apple Music and iTunes Match customers get access to the iCloud Music Library, which is a cloud-based storage service. When you download a music from the cloud to your device, the song is downloaded locally, allowing you to listen to the song when not connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
- When you delete a song from your iPhone, you have the option of either deleting the song’s download or removing the song’s download. The most significant element is as follows: Delete the download and the music will no longer be available offline, but it will still be available in your iCloud Music Library if you have it saved there. The music will also continue to be accessible for online listening across all of your iCloud-connected devices, whether you are connected through Wi-Fi or cellular data. This indicates that the music is also accessible on iTunes. The song will be deleted from your music library, but it will not be deleted from your collection, which means it will not be deleted from your cloud-based music library, either. Any of your devices will not be able to access the content. This implies that the music has been removed from iTunes as well.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- All of the songs you sync from iTunes are kept locally on your device
- This is known as “cloud syncing.” When you delete a music from your iPhone, it is removed from all of your devices
- However, you may restore it. While the music will no longer be available on your iPhone, it will still be available in your iTunes collection and through your iTunes purchases.
How to Delete Songs from iPhone
It’s important to note that if you’re a subscriber to Apple Music, following this procedure will delete the music from not only your iPhone, but also from the iCloud Music Library, and therefore from all of your devices. Non-Apple Music subscribers will utilize this section to uninstall music from their iPhone and any other devices that are connected to the same Apple ID account. What you need to know about deleting music from your iPhone:
- Open the Music app and locate the song or album you wish to remove from your collection. In the event that you have 3D Touch, you may PeekPop the song or album in order to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
Apple Music Users:
- Remove it from the list
- Then tap Delete from Library on your keyboard. When you delete a song from your library, it will also erase the download associated with it. Any time you want, you can re-add the music to your Library by searching for it in Apple Music and selecting it from the results.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. However, if it is a music that you purchased through the iTunes Store, visiting the iTunes Store and recovering your purchase of the song will allow you to redownload the song. The music will still be accessible in iTunes on your computer if it is one that you own (and have obtained from a source other than the iTunes Store).
If you need to erase all music or a large amount of music from your iPhone, follow the instructions in this section to do it quickly and efficiently within Settings.
How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
This part is solely applicable to Apple Music subscribers; it allows you to effortlessly delete the song’s download from your iPhone’s storage. This method gives you the best of both worlds because the music will remain in your iCloud Music Library while taking up no space on your iPhone. To delete music from your iPhone but keep it in your iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Open the Music app and navigate to the music you wish to uninstall from your device. If you have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- If you don’t have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
- Remove it from the list
- Choose Remove Download(s) from the drop-down menu.
How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
If you still own music—that is, if you have the files on your computer and have imported them into iTunes for usage with your device—you may use this advice to permanently wipe the music from your computer’s hard drive.
- If it’s music that you’ve purchased from iTunes, you can remove it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- If it’s video that you’ve purchased from YouTube, you can delete it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- The song will be erased from your iCloud Music Library if it is an Apple Music song
- Otherwise, the music will be deleted from your iTunes Music Library. However, if it is a music that you have imported from a CD or downloaded from a different location on the internet, you can completely and permanently erase the song and its associated file from your computer’s hard drive.
To delete a song from your iTunes library:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on the Music tab. It makes little difference which operating system you use in this situation
- After the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both Mac and PC. Locate the song that you wish to remove from your playlist. (*Please keep in mind that you may also pick several tracks to be erased.) Right-click on the music and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
Using your Mac or PC, launch iTunes. If you have a Mac or a PC, it doesn’t really matter which one you have because, after the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both. Navigate to and select the song you wish to remove from your playlist. You may also pick many tracks to be erased at the same time (*please keep in mind that you can do this as well). Remove the music from your computer by right-clicking it and selecting “Delete.”
How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
If you need to erase all of the music from your iPhone or iPad, you may access your music collection using the Settings app, which allows you to quickly and conveniently delete songs one after another.
This is most likely the quickest method of removing music from your iPhone’s storage.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, this is a convenient way to delete all of your music because you can only delete downloads, which means that removing songs from Music in Settings will not affect your iCloud Music Library collection
- However, if you don’t have an Apple Music subscription, this is a less convenient way to delete all of your music. In the event that you are not a member to Apple Music, you may use this technique to quickly and conveniently erase music from your iPhone.
To Delete ALL Music from iPhone:
- On the iPhone, open the Settings app and select Music. Select Downloaded Music from the drop-down menu under Downloads.
- If you want to erase ALL music from your iPhone, hit the red circle next to All Songs in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- To delete music from an artist’s library in bulk, press the red circle next to the name of the artist whose music you wish to remove. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
When you’re finished removing music from your iPhone or iPad, press the Done button on your device. If you’re looking to clean up your device in general, you might want to look into learning how to delete applications from your iPhone and iPad as well. Credit for the top image goes to Yeamake / Shutterstock.com. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.
How to Cancel Apple Music And Keep Your Playlists – Blog – FreeYourMusic.com
Music consumption has changed considerably throughout the years, from record players and cassette players to MP3 players and the iPod. For the vast majority of individuals, streaming services are now their primary way of getting their music fix. Apple Music, despite the fact that it was not the first service in this sector, has grown to become one of the most popular services among music aficionados, and the service is the best-rated service in the United States. But what happens if you change your mind about the subscription after you’ve signed up?
This will prevent your card from being charged after the three-month trial period has expired.
What is Apple Music
Apple Music is a music streaming service that was established in 2015 by Apple following the acquisition of Beats Electronics in 2014. It is the company’s first music streaming service. Apple eventually stopped Beats Music’s subscription streaming service, which was listed in the latter category. If you have an iTunes account, you may use Apple Music to stream any song from your iTunes library on demand. You can also use Apple Music to find all of your music in one location, whether it was purchased through iTunes, downloaded from the web, or copied from a CD.
- Internet radio (including the Beats 1 channel)
- Personalized recommendations based on your music preferences
- The ability to store music on your device so that you may listen to them while you are not connected to the internet
- Playlists prepared by industry professionals
- Integration with the Siri virtual assistant on iOS devices
How much is Apple Music
Paying a monthly charge for a paid membership that automatically renews is a common cost model for numerous Apple services and gadgets ( (iPhones, iDevices, Apple TV, and Macs). Consequently, consumers have continuous access to services like music, news, video, and so on. The cost is collected on a monthly or yearly basis. For example, if you subscribe to Apple Music beyond the free trial time, you will be charged automatically until you cancel your membership. You should understand how to terminate your Apple Music premium membership as a result of this situation.
Apple Music pricing: Individual, student and family plans
Apple Music offers a number of different membership options to its customers. The cost of a monthly subscription for an individual user is $9.99 a month. A Family plan, on the other hand, is more cheap, as it allows up to six people to share the whole Apple Music experience at the same time. The monthly cost of the family plan is $ 14.99. In the event that you are heading to college, Apple offers a special student plan that is 50 percent less expensive than the usual plan. Keep it in mind! In addition to the same features as the Student subscription (which costs $ 4.99 / month) and the Individual subscription (which costs $ 9.99 / month but includes three free trial months), both Student and Individual subscriptions have the following features: listening to music with or without an Internet connection, no advertisements, access to original content, etc.
Apple Music is accessible on a wide range of devices (not only iOS), including Android and Sonos phones and tablets, as well as desktop computers and laptops.
In order to use the Apple Music app on an Android smartphone, go to Google Play and search for “Apple Music.” You’ll appreciate all of its features, as well as the large number of music available.
Apple Music is not available in all countries or regions
One of the drawbacks of Apple Music is that it is not available to everyone who wants to test it out. Even if your nation has an Apple Store and the assistance you require for Apple products, there may be a problem downloading and utilizing Apple Music if you are in the United States. Therefore, before getting too excited about a service that so many people are praising, double-check to see if it is accessible in your country.
How to use Apple Music for free
If you are a first-time Apple Music member, the good news is that you can take advantage of a 3-month free trial. Everything is as simple as downloading the app on your device, entering your ID credentials, and selecting a subscription plan. During the free trial time, you will not be charged anything by the service. Following the free trial, you will be automatically invoiced on a monthly basis. But don’t be concerned. If you are dissatisfied with the features provided by Apple, you can cancel your membership at any point in time.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription
Once you’ve subscribed to Apple Music and followed their subscription plan, the update is instantly activated. A normal monthly subscription will be charged to your account once your three-month free trial period has expired. The automatic subscription renewal must be deactivated before the due day if you do not desire to continue with your membership.
How to cancel Apple Music on iPhone or iPad:
To begin, open the app and touch on Listen Now, followed by the symbol with your initials. 2. 2. Select Manage Subscription from the drop-down menu. Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu and confirm your action.
How to cancel Apple Music on Mac:
- Open Apple Music and select Account – View My Account from the drop-down menu. Navigate to the Settings menu and select Manage (next to Subscriptions). 3. Select Cancel Subscription and then confirm your decision by tapping the button.
How to cancel Apple Music on an Android device:
- Apple Music is launched by tapping on the three red dots button in the upper right of the screen. Then select Account from the drop-down menu. The Account menu will appear
- Select the Manage Subscription Button from the Account menu. Last but not least, you’ve reached the Subscription menu. To cancel your free trial membership, select CANCEL FREE TRIAL from the drop-down menu.
What will happen after canceling Apple Music
Songs added to My Music are locked and cannot be played if Apple Music subscription is cancelled. In addition, all music that were downloaded during the active membership will be removed from the Library, and the iCloud Music Library will no longer be visible. It’s also unable to add Apple Music music to your Library, listen to radio stations, or download songs for offline listening while the service is unavailable. Receiving music recommendations from industry professionals would also be unavailable following the cancellation.
So things like following the artist, playing material, pressing the “heart” button, leaving comments, and listening to Beats 1 radio are still possible.
Keep your playlists before you cancel Apple Music Subscription
You’re worried that you’ll lose access to your playlists. There is a method to continue to listen to your favorite music from Apple Music even after you have cancelled your membership! Once your membership has expired, you will be able to listen to your playlists on another music streaming platform if you have already transferred them. You may, for example, move your music from Apple Music to Spotify. Spotify offers a free subscription that allows you to save all of your playlists for no additional charge.
Following the requests of customers who enjoy music, FreeYourMusic created a multi-functional playlist transferring program to meet their requirements. Your complete playlists may be transferred from one streaming platform to another with the help of FreeYourMusic’s innovative technology.
How to see how many songs you have on Apple Music
To find out how many music you’ve saved, select “view” and then “display the status bar” from the drop-down menu. Song viewing options may be found in the same menu that allows you to access playlists (named Library). The status bar and the amount of tracks you’ve saved will appear below when you click on the button.
Saying goodbye to Apple Music
If you change your mind about Apple Music at any point, you can always cancel your subscription. There is a simple method to discontinue using the service without losing any of your playlists, no matter how you use it. When your subscription expires, you may easily move your playlists to another service, such as Spotify or Tidal, without losing any time. Nowadays, there are several streaming providers to choose from. It is not necessary to utilize only one of them all of the time; you may try them all at the same time.
Cancel Apple Music Subscription But Keep Your Music Library
That is to say, if you sign up for an Apple Music trial, you may cancel it at any time and still enjoy Apple Music for a free three-month trial period.
Depending on the device you are using, you can follow the instructions outlined in the following section.
- Remove Apple Music from your iPhone
- Remove Apple Music from your computer’s iTunes library. Apple Music on Android has been canceled. What should I do if I decide to cancel my Apple Music subscription? Keeping your music library and playlists up to date
Apple Music on the iPhone may be turned off. If you have an iPhone, the easiest method to cancel your Apple Music membership is to use it. On an iPad, the process is the same as it is on a computer.
Cancel via Apple Music App
1.Open the Music app on your iPhone and select the For You option at the bottom of the screen. On the For You page, choose the profile symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. 3.To proceed, select Manage Subscription from the drop-down menu. 4.If you are currently using the Apple Music free trial, you can cancel your subscription by selecting Cancel Subscription or Cancel Trial. You have successfully terminated your Apple Music subscription by selecting Confirm.
Cancel via Settings
Even if you have deleted the Music app from your iPhone, you may still cancel Apple Music on your device. Simply go to Settings and change your profile photo. iTunes App Store is a service provided by Apple Inc. Apple IDView Apple IDSubscriptionApple MusicApple Music subscription In order to terminate your Apple Music membership, just select Cancel Subscription from the menu bar. When you wish to access your Apple ID, you may be prompted to validate your Apple ID by entering your password, using Touch ID, or using Face ID to verify your identity.
- You may also cancel your Apple Music membership using the iTunes software on your PC or Mac computer.
- To complete the process, enter your Apple ID password and click “Sign In.” Your Apple ID account page will be shown as a result of clicking this link.
- Continue to the Settings area by scrolling all the way down.
- If you have another active membership than Apple Music, select Apple Music Membership from the drop-down menu.
- Apple Music on Android may be canceled.
- Download and install Apple Music on your Android phone if you don’t already have it, and then start using it.
- Log into your Apple ID and password.
On the Account Settings page, pick Manage Membership from the drop-down menu. 4. To terminate your Apple Music membership, just select Cancel Subscription or Cancel Trial from the drop-down menu. Following the cancellation of Apple Music
Access to Apple Music after Cancelation
After canceling your Apple Music membership, you will still be able to access the service until the next monthly cycle begins. You will be contacted a few days before your Apple Music subscription ends, and you will have the option to resubscribe to Apple Music in order to continue enjoying your music. If you have made the decision to abandon Apple Music, there is a method to keep your playlists intact. Just keep reading.
After your subscription is over
It will be necessary to uninstall the music you downloaded from the Apple Music library from all of your devices. The music you purchased from iTunes will be erased from your device, but you will be able to download it without having to pay for it once more. In addition, as you are aware, iCloud Music Collection allows you to access your complete iTunes library from anywhere. If you have contributed your own music to your iCloud Music Library, it will remain there until you re-subscribe to Apple Music, at which point you will no longer be able to access it.
Following the cancellation, you will no longer be able to access any of the playlists you have created.
How to cancel Apple Music but keep your playlists?
No matter how long you have been a subscriber to Apple Music, there is a good chance that you have compiled a playlist or two that you enjoy listening to. To be safe, it is advised that you export your whole Apple Music Playlist to a separate file in case you decide to never subscribe to Apple Music again. If you decide to switch to another music provider, you can quickly transfer all of your playlists over to the new service using the file. Tunemymusic provides the ability to export Apple Music to TXT or CSV formats.
Furthermore, you may use Tunemymusic to post this file to any music platform that accepts our service using our service.
Transfer Apple Music playlist to
If you decide to move to another music streaming service, such as Spotify, you may convert your Apple Music playlist to a Spotify playlist for free with TuneMyMusic’s free conversion tool. There is no need to log in. Transferring your complete music library to Spotify in one go is possible provided you have playlists, albums, and artists to move. Of course, you can only move your playlists if you choose to do so.