Open the Apple Music app or iTunes. You can also go to music.apple.com to subscribe. Go to Listen Now or For You. Tap or click the trial offer (one trial per person or family).
- 1 How do I get Apple Music app on my Macbook?
- 2 Why doesn’t my Apple music work on my Macbook?
- 3 Can I have Apple music on my iPhone and Mac?
- 4 How do I play Apple Music on my Macbook Pro?
- 5 Is Apple Music free on Macbook?
- 6 Is Apple Music the same as iTunes?
- 7 Is Apple Music saved to iCloud?
- 8 Can Apple Music play on laptop?
- 9 How do I get Apple Music on my iPod?
- 10 Can I have Apple Music on 2 devices?
- 11 How can I get Music on my Mac without iTunes?
- 12 Subscribe to Apple Music on Mac
- 13 Subscribe to Apple Music
- 14 Cancel or change your Apple Music subscription
- 15 Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
- 16 Turn on Sync Library
- 17 If you don’t subscribe to Apple Music
- 18 iTunes
- 19 iTunes
- 20 iTunes
- 21 iTunes is going places.
- 22 Music, TV, and podcaststake center stage.
- 23 Presenting Apple Music on Mac.
- 24 Apple TV. Premiering on Mac.
- 25 Listen up. Podcasts on Mac.
- 26 iTunes Support can help answer your questions
- 27 Looking for a previous version of iTunes?
- 28 Apple Music
- 29 Hear sound all around.
- 30 Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
- 31 Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
- 32 Choose the plan that’s right for you.
- 33 In case you missedanything.
- 34 Working with Apple Music.
- 35 Add and download music on Mac
- 36 Play songs from your library in Music on Mac
- 37 Access your music library on all your devices
- 38 Use Apple Music on your Mac
- 39 What happened to iTunes?
- 40 Now there’s an app for every media type
- 41 Upgrade your iTunes library
- 42 Where’s my media?
- 43 Buy music from the iTunes Store
- 44 Buy music from the iTunes Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 45 Buy music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac
- 46 Buy music in iTunes on your PC
- 47 Apple Music
- 48 Ratings and Reviews
- 49 Information
- 50 Supports
- 51 Search for music in Music on Mac
- 52 Use Apple Watch to control music on a Mac or PC
- 53 Add a music library
- 54 Control playback from Apple Watch
- 55 Choose a media library to play from
- 56 Remove a media library
How do I get Apple Music app on my Macbook?
Subscribe to Apple Music
- In the Music app on your Mac, choose Account > Join Apple Music.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one during setup.
Why doesn’t my Apple music work on my Macbook?
Verify you have a good Wi-Fi or cellular data connection; Settings > iTunes & App Store > Cellular Data needs to be enabled to use with Apple Music. Re-enable iCloud Music Library from Settings > Music. Open Music app and test.
Can I have Apple music on my iPhone and Mac?
Here’s what you need Subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match. Sign in to all of your devices with the same Apple ID that you use with Apple Music or iTunes Match. Connect your devices to the internet over a Wi-Fi or cellular network. On a Mac or PC, you can also connect to the internet using Ethernet.
How do I play Apple Music on my Macbook Pro?
In the Music app on your Mac, click Radio below Apple Music in the sidebar. Move the pointer over any station, show, or playlist, then click the Play button. For some stations, you can click the Next button in the playback controls to skip to the next song (or use the Touch Bar).
Is Apple Music free on Macbook?
Apple Music, Apple’s music streaming service and Spotify rival, arrived in 2015 for iPhone and iPad. It’s now also available for Android, PC, Mac, Apple Watch, CarPlay, Apple TV and Sonos. More information here: How to get five months Apple Music for free.
Is Apple Music the same as iTunes?
I’m confused. How is Apple Music different than iTunes? iTunes is a free app to manage your music library, music video playback, music purchases and device syncing. Apple Music is an ad-free music streaming subscription service that costs $10 per month, $15 a month for a family of six or $5 per month for students.
Is Apple Music saved to iCloud?
If you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, your music is stored in your iCloud Music Library, so you can listen to it whenever you’re connected to the internet.
Can Apple Music play on laptop?
On your Mac or PC Open the Apple Music app or iTunes. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Account > Sign In. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
How do I get Apple Music on my iPod?
Download music from Apple Music to your iPod touch at the top of the screen. Note: You must turn on Sync Library to download music from Apple Music to your library (go to Settings > Music, then turn on Sync Library). Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads.
Can I have Apple Music on 2 devices?
Apple Music allows up to 6 devices with the same Apple ID to be signed into a single user Apple Music account. However, you cannot stream music to more than one device at a time.
How can I get Music on my Mac without iTunes?
How to Play Audio Files on Mac Without iTunes by Using QuickTime
- Open QuickTime on the Mac (found in the /Applications folder)
- Drag and drop the audio file into the QuickTime Dock icon, or into the QuickTime app directly to open that audio file and play it directly in QuickTime.
Subscribe to Apple Music on Mac
Streaming music subscription service Apple Music is ad-free streaming music service that allows you to listen to millions of songs from the Apple Music collection in addition to your existing music library. When you become a subscriber, you can listen at any time, whether online or offline, and create your own playlists. You can also stream and download lossless and Dolby Atmos audio files, receive personalized recommendations, see what music your friends are listening to, watch exclusive video content, and much more.
See the Apple Support article for further information.
Alternately, you may subscribe to Apple Music Voice and utilize Siri to stream any song or album from the Apple Music collection.
Please keep in mind that Apple Music, Apple Music Voice, and Apple One are not available in every country or area.
Apple Media Services are available for use.
Subscribe to Apple Music
- Choose AccountJoin Apple Music from the Music app on your Mac’s desktop and follow the on-screen steps. It is possible that you will be prompted to check in using your Apple ID. In the event that you do not already have an Apple ID, you can create one throughout the setup process.
Cancel or change your Apple Music subscription
- Choose AccountAccount Settings from inside the Music app on your Mac, and then sign in. It is possible that you will be prompted to check in using your Apple ID. In the Settings section, select Manage next to Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. Select Apple Music, Apple Music Voice, or Apple One from the drop-down menu, then choose one of the options below:
- Cancellation: Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen instructions. Change: Select a different plan or select Individual Services from the drop-down menu, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If you want to learn more about how Apple Music protects your information and allows you to choose what you share, select HelpAbout Apple MusicPrivacy from the menu. The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you may enable Sync Collection on all of your devices to allow you to access your songs library as well as music that you have downloaded from Apple Music.
Turn on Sync Library
The Sync Library feature is enabled by default in the most recent versions of iOS, iPadOS, and Mac OS X. In the event that you accidentally turned off Sync Library, you can turn it back on. Simply follow the methods outlined below for your specific device.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Navigate to SettingsMusic and enable Sync Library. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to access the Sync Library feature.
A notice will appear at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app if your sync library is updating or if it has been turned off.
On your Mac
- Launch the Apple Music application. Make your way to the MusicPreferences option from the menu bar at the top of your screen. To enable it, go to the General tab and pick Sync Library from the drop-down menu. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to access the Sync Library feature. To proceed, click OK.
In the event that you have a big music collection, it may take some time for your music library to be uploaded and synced across all of your devices.
On your PC with iTunes for Windows
iCloud Music Library is not enabled by default in iTunes for Windows, and it should be. To enable iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Start iTunes and listen to your favorite music. Make your way to the EditPreferences option from the menu bar at the top of your screen. To enable iCloud Music Library, navigate to the General menu and pick iCloud Music Library. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to switch on the iCloud Music Library feature. To proceed, click OK.
In the event that you have a big music collection, it may take some time for your music library to be uploaded and synced across all of your devices.
On other devices
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you may access your music collection on other devices that support the Apple Music app as well as on music.apple.com without needing to enable Sync Library.
If you don’t subscribe to Apple Music
- Your music collection will be unavailable on all of your devices if you sign out of your Apple ID or cancel your Apple Music or iTunes Match membership. All of the original song files will stay on the device from which they were originally uploaded. Apple Music is not intended to serve as a backup service. It’s important to back up your Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, iPod touches, Macs, and PCs) so that you can recover your music and other data if your device is ever replaced, lost, or destroyed. The number of tracks in your music collection might go up to 100,000. It is not necessary to count songs that you purchase from the iTunes Store against this quota. Find out what to do if a song is grayed out, wrong music is playing, or you are unable to access your music collection.
Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services.
Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites. For further information, please contact the seller. Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Download Mac OS X Catalina for a completely new way to enjoy your favorite media. You’ll be able to access all of your favorite iTunes features, including purchases, rentals, and imports, while your music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, and audiobooks will be automatically transferred over to the Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts (if you have them), and Apple Books (if you don’t).
The most recent entertainment applications are now included with macOS Catalina. Upgrade today to receive access to all of your favorite music, movies, TV series, and podcasts in one convenient location. You may subscribe to Apple Music and listen — or download and play offline — over 75 million songs, all without having to deal with advertisements. Now is the time to get iTunes for Windows (64-bit)
The most recent entertainment applications are now included with macOS Catalina. Upgrade today to receive access to all of your favorite music, movies, TV series, and podcasts in one convenient location. You may subscribe to Apple Music and listen — or download and play offline — over 75 million songs, all without having to deal with advertisements. Are you looking for alternate versions?
iTunes is going places.
To purchase and download your favorite songs, TV series, movies, and podcasts, go to the iTunes Store on your iOS device. You may also install macOS Catalina on your desktop computer for an entirely new entertainment experience. Your music collection will be instantly transferred to the new Apple Music app, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts, among other places. And you’ll still have access to all of your favorite iTunes features, such as your past iTunes Store purchases, rentals, and imports, as well as the ability to conveniently manage your music collection and playlists.
Music, TV, and podcaststake center stage.
ITunes permanently altered the way consumers listened to music, watched movies, watched TV shows, and listened to podcasts. Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts are three brand-new, dedicated applications that have been developed from the bottom up to be the finest ways to experience entertainment on your Mac. Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts are all free to download and use. And don’t worry, everything you have in your iTunes library is still available in each of the applications.
Presenting Apple Music on Mac.
The new Apple Music application provides the best music streaming experience available on Mac. Exploring a collection of over 75 million songs, discovering new artists and tracks, creating the ideal playlist, downloading and listening offline, or simply enjoying all the music you’ve accumulated over the years are all possible options. Moreover, you can find it all in your music collection across all of your devices. Dickinson may be viewed using the Apple TV application.
Apple TV. Premiering on Mac.
The Apple TV app for Mac is the new home for all of your favorite movies, series, premium channels, and Apple TV+ subscriptions, all in one convenient location. Everything can be seen instantly in the app or downloaded to your device for offline viewing, and the Watch Now option allows you to find the best of what’s currently showing.
Furthermore, you may continue from where you left off on any screen and across all of your devices. Additionally, for the first time, movies that support 4K2 and Dolby Atmos3 are available on the Mac.
- Find out more about the Apple TV application. Learn more about Apple TV+ by visiting their website.
Listen up. Podcasts on Mac.
Apple Podcasts allows you to listen to more than 700,000 of the top entertainment, comedy, news, and sports podcasts on your Mac, all at your fingertips. Podcasts may be found by searching for them by title, subject, guest, host, material, and other criteria. Subscribe and you’ll be the first to know when new episodes are made available. Additionally, the Listen Now option allows you to simply resume listening where you left off across all of your devices.
iTunes Support can help answer your questions
Obtain assistance with syncing, upgrading to a more recent version of iTunes, or making an iTunes Store purchase – among other things. More information may be found here.
Looking for a previous version of iTunes?
Earlier versions of iTunes are available for download to ensure that they operate with compatible operating systems and hardware. iTunes older versions may be found here.
- With compatible audio devices, you can get 6 months of Apple Music for free. Find out more.
Hear sound all around.
Take advantage of our three-month free trial. *Try it risk-free*
- Over 90 million songs and 30,000 playlists are available to play
- Take use of dynamic head tracking for sound that surrounds you in a spatial audio experience. 1st, download your favorite tunes from the internet. Play them when you’re not connected to the internet. By just asking Siri, you may listen to anything in the Apple Music collection. Get access to specially produced playlists and live radio
- Listen to music on all of your devices
* You may try it for free.
Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
Spatial audio with Dolby Atmos allows you to hear sound all around you. 1As well as stunning resolution and lossless audio. 2With dynamic head tracking on AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max, you can enjoy even more immersive sound. 1 Simply request that Sirito play music by any artist, in any mood, or in any genre.
- Hey Siri, play exercise music
- Hey Siri, play J Balvin in the kitchen
- Hey Siri, play workout music
- Hey Siri, put on something relaxing
Sing along, tap forward, or just listen to the lyrics, which are always visible unless you turn them off in your device’s settings. With CarPlay, you can listen to your Apple Music collection while driving. With Listen Now, you can discover new music that you’ll enjoy based on what you’re already listening to. With curated and tailored playlists, you can get a taste of our editors’ favorite music. Music may be downloaded and streamed directly to your Apple Watch.
Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
We’ve introduced Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription service developed just for Siri that allows you to access any song, playlist, or radio station using only your voice – across all of your Apple devices. Simply say, “Hey Siri, start Apple Music Voice,” and you’ll be listening in no time. 4 Free trial of Apple Music Voice is available. You may try it for free.
Choose the plan that’s right for you.
The following features are available:VoiceStudent5/ IndividualStudent5IndividualFamily6
In case you missedanything.
- Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to listen to over 90 million songs on a single subscription plan. You may download your favorite tracks and play them offline, view lyrics in real time while listening on all your preferred devices, receive new music tailored just to you, listen to curated playlists created by our editors, and many more features. Additionally, there will be exclusive and original stuff to look forward to. 1
- Apple Music is already downloaded and ready to use on your iOS device — including your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and HomePod mini — and you can listen in your car or online at music.apple.com. Apple Music is also accessible on a variety of other devices, including Windows and Android smartphones and tablets, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, Google Nest, Smart TVs, and more. iPhone iPadWatch Apple TV is a streaming device that allows you to watch movies and television shows on your computer or mobile device. Mac HomePod CarPlay Smart TVs are televisions that are connected to the internet. Samsung LGGaming Consoles are a type of gaming console that is designed to play video games. A streaming service built for use with Siri, Apple Music Voice Plan allows you to access over 90 million songs using only your voice. It is available on the PlayStation 5 and Apple TV. Simply by asking, you may have any song, album, artist, or playlist requested. Personalized stations for every mood or activity, seamless listening across all of your favorite devices, curated playlists from our editors, new ways to use Siri with Apple Music that are customized for you, exclusive and original content, and more are all included. The Apple Music Voice Plan is simple to use
- All you have to do is ask Siri to play some music to get started. The app allows you to subscribe within it, and you may listen to the content simply by making a voice request on any Siri-enabled device
- Yes You can take use of all of the advantages of Apple Music with Siri if you have a device that supports Siri and an Apple Music subscription. All plans also include Type to Siri functionality
- However, the plan you pick will determine which features are available. (1) After a three-month trial period, the Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month after that. Student can subscribe to the Apple Music Student Plan, which costs $4.99 per month. (3) After a three-month free trial period, an individual monthly subscription costs just $9.99 per month after that. Fourteen dollars a month gets you the Apple Music Family Plan, which lets you share your membership with up to five people while also providing each member with their own personal account on the service. (5) In addition, the Apple Music Individual Plan and the Apple Music Family Plan are included in Apple One, which allows you to bundle up to five different Apple services into a single monthly membership at a discounted price. The Apple One service is available for $14.95 a month, and Dolby Atmos is a cutting-edge audio technology that immerses you in a truly immersive listening experience. In contrast to stereo music, which is restricted to the left and right channels, music generated in Dolby Atmos is not limited to the left and right channels, allowing artists to position individual sounds all around you. Each instrument’s loudness, size and brightness may also be adjusted by the artist to show finer elements in the song
- Apple Audio users who use the current version of Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones. Whenever Dolby Atmos music is available for a song and you are listening with compatible Apple or Beats headphones, Dolby Atmos music is played back automatically. In order to use different headphones, go to SettingsMusicAudio and turn Dolby Atmos on all of the time. Music in Dolby Atmos format may also be heard through the built-in speakers of a compatible iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac, or by connecting your Apple TV 4K to one of the following devices : The HomePod speakers that have been set up as the default speakers, a Dolby Atmos compliant sound bar, an AV receiver that supports Dolby Atmos, or a television that supports Dolby Atmos audio are all options. Please visit the following link for a complete list of supported devices. Dolby Atmos is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- Lossless audio compression decreases the size of a song’s original file size while retaining all of the information contained within it. Apple Music is making its full collection of more than 90 million songs available in lossless audio at a variety of various formats, including high definition. 2 If you’re referring to lossless audio via Apple Music, the term “Lossless” means lossless music up to 48kHz, while the term “Hi-Res Lossless” means lossless audio from 48kHz to 192kHz. Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless files are extremely huge and take up a significant amount of bandwidth and storage space compared to regular AAC files. Lossless audio is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- However, you may listen to lossless music on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV by using the most recent version of the Apple Music app. Lossless audio may be enabled in the SettingsMusicAudio Quality section. For cellular or Wi-Fi connections, you can select between Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless compression. It should be noted that Hi-Res Lossless requires additional equipment, such as a USB digital to analog converter. Yes. With an Apple Music Family Plan, up to six individuals in the family may take advantage of all of Apple Music’s services as well as its entire repertoire of music. In order to get started, just set up Family Sharing on your iOS or iPadOS device as well as your Android phone or Mac and invite family members to join
- Students have access to all of the same Apple Music features and advantages as individual users. Student membership price is available for up to four years once your college or institution verifies your status as a student. You may use this discount for as long as you are a student. When your membership expires after four years, you will be re-enrolled at the individual member rate. Apple Music contains no advertisements, and your iTunes collection remains intact. You may access your full collection through Apple Music or iTunes for macOS or Windows
- New users can get six months of Apple Music for free when they purchase a compatible audio device from the company. Check to see if your iPhone or iPad is running the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS before continuing. Once your audio device is connected to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to activate your Apple Music trial account. After the first activation of the qualifying gadget, you will have three months to redeem the offer.
Working with Apple Music.
Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to listen to over 90 million songs on a single subscription. You may download your favorite tracks and play them offline, view lyrics in real time while listening on all your preferred devices, receive new music tailored just to you, listen to curated playlists produced by our editors, and many more features are available. Additionally, there will be exclusive and original stuff to watch and enjoy. 1 ; Apple Music is already downloaded and ready to use on your iOS device — including your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and HomePod mini — and you can listen in your car or online at music.apple.com.
- Apple Music is available for free on the iTunes Store.
- Apple TV is available in a variety of languages.
- Samsung LGGaming Consoles are a type of gaming console that is designed to play games on an LG television set.
- Simply asking for a certain song, album, artist, or playlist will result in the request being fulfilled automatically.
- Simply asking Siri to play some music will get you started with the Apple Music Voice Plan.
- You can take use of all of the capabilities of Apple Music with Siri if you have a device that supports Siri and an Apple Music subscription plan of any type.
- (1) After a three-month trial period, the Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month.
Following the three-month free trial period, an individual monthly subscription costs only $9.99 per month.
Five (5) Both the Apple Music Individual Plan and the Apple Music Family Plan are also available in Apple One, which allows you to combine up to five different Apple services into a single monthly membership for a discounted price.
Instead of being restricted to the left and right channels, music made in Dolby Atmos is not restricted to those channels, enabling artists to place unique sounds all around you.
Apple Audio customers who use the current version of Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones.
For other headphones, go to SettingsMusicAudio and turn Dolby Atmos on in the Always On section of the settings menu.
Please visit the following link for a comprehensive list of supported devices: With the Apple Music Voice Plan, you will not be able to access Dolby Atmos; lossless audio compression, on the other hand, decreases the original file size of a song while maintaining 100% of the data.
2 Lossless audio up to 48kHz is referred to as “Lossless,” while “Hi-Res Lossless” audio is referred to as lossless audio from 48kHz to 192kHz.
However, you may listen to lossless audio using the current Apple Music app on an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV if you have an Apple Music Voice Plan.
Lossless audio may be enabled under the SettingsMusicAudio Quality section of the interface.
Remember that Hi-Res Lossless requires additional equipment, such as a USB digital to analog converter.
Up to six members of the same family can subscribe to an Apple Music Family Plan, granting them access to all of the features and the entire Apple Music catalog.
Students have access to the same Apple Music features and benefits as individual Apple Music members.
Upon expiration of your membership, you will be charged the individual member rate for the next four years.
With Apple Music or iTunes for macOS or Windows, you can access your entire collection.
Check to see if your iPhone or iPad is running the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS before proceeding.
Once your audio device is connected to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to activate your Apple Music trial. The offer will be valid for three months after the first activation of the eligible device is completed;
- Apple Music for Artists
- Apple Performance Partners Program
- Apple Music for Publishers
Add and download music on Mac
- In the Music program on your Mac, select any option from the sidebar that appears below Library. Using the Music menu option, for example, you can see all of the songs in your collection. In order to download music that you’ve added to your music collection to your computer, move the cursor over the item and then select one of the options listed below:
- Click on the Download button
- Then on the More button, and then on the Download button.
If the music you’re downloading is available in Dolby Atmos, a Dolby button will show next to the item, and you’ll be able to choose whether to download it in Dolby Atmos or in stereo mode. If you want to download music in Dolby Atmos when it is available, go to MusicPreferences, click General, and then tick the Download Dolby Atmos check box. See and hear Dolby Atmos spatial audio in action. Please keep in mind that music downloaded through Apple Music to your computer cannot be burnt on a disc or manually transferred to a device such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Syncing your Mac with other devices is explained in detail in this section.
Play songs from your library in Music on Mac
Listen to your music the way you want to—use the settings in the Music box to replay songs, rearrange the sequence in which they play, and other options. Siri:Say anything along the lines of:
- “Can you tell me what song this is?”
- “Pause music playback”
- “Resume music playback”
- “What song is this?”
Learn how to ask Siri a question. Please play music for me.
- Perform any of the following actions in the Songs app on your Mac to search for music in your music library:
- Locate a certain song or album by using the following steps: In the sidebar on the left, select any of the options listed below Library. In order to see all of the albums in your collection, for example, select Albums from the drop-down menu. Make a selection from the following playlists: Choose a playlist from the drop-down menu under Playlists in the sidebar on the left. Look through your music collection: See ‘Music search’ for further information.
- Simply place your cursor over any song or album title and press the Play button
- Take any of the following actions:
- Songs can be shuffled or repeated
- The Playing Next queue can be used. Songs should be played in a precise order
- Music fades in and out
- A song is prevented from playing
- Songs that you like or loathe
You may even play music from a CD if you like. See CDs should be played. View this page for more information: Stream suggested music from Apple Music on Mac In Music on Mac, you may listen to Apple Music radio.
Access your music library on all your devices
In the case of an Apple Music subscription, you can make your complete music library available on all of your devices so long as you’re logged in with the same Apple ID on all of them. You may access your music collection at any moment while connected to the internet, or even while not connected to the internet if you have downloaded your music. The following elements of your music library can be kept available in the cloud:
- Up to 100,000 tracks, excluding songs (or music videos) purchased from the iTunes Store
- Files cannot be more than 200 MB in size
- Files cannot be larger than 100,000 songs
- Songs that have been matched (songs available in the iTunes Store, whether or not you purchased them there) other songs in their original quality (256 kbps DRM-freeAAC) and atiTunes Plusquality (256 kbps DRM-freeAAC)
- Music videos that have been purchased via the iTunes Store
- Playlists that include both tracks and music videos are available. Playlist rules that are applied to the computer or device on which they are downloaded
- Smart Playlist rules that are applied to the computer or device on which they are downloaded
WithiTunes Match, you can also make your music library accessible across all of your devices. Please play music for me.
- Select the Sync Library checkbox in the Music program on your Mac’s menu bar, then click General in the Music Preferences window. If you don’t see this option, login into Apple Music with your Apple ID and try again. You must have an Apple Music subscription in order to access your music on your other devices with Sync Library
- Otherwise, you will be unable to do so. To make your music library available on another device, perform any of the following actions:
- An additional computer: Sign in to the iTunes Store on your Mac with the same Apple ID that you used on the first machine, then pick MusicPreferences, click General, and then choose the Sync Library checkbox, as seen in the screenshot below. A smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Sync Library may be enabled on the Home screen of your device by going to Settings > Music > Sync Library. See the user guides for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to learn how to download music to your device and listen to it when not connected to the internet. The user handbook for iOS or iPadOS may be downloaded from the Apple Support Manuals website if a device does not have the most recent version of the operating system.
Apple Music is also available for streaming on the internet. For further information, see theApple Music User Guide for music.apple.com.
Use Apple Music on your Mac
The Apple Music service is also available online. For more information about music.apple.com, see theApple Music User Manual. The Hurdherd’s user profile: thehurdherdQuestion: Do you use Apple Music on your Mac?
What happened to iTunes?
With the release of macOS Catalina, your iTunes media collection is now accessible through the Apple Music app, the Apple TV app, the Apple Books app, and the Apple Podcasts app, among other places. You can also manage and sync material between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using the Finder.
Now there’s an app for every media type
Mac OS X Catalina organizes all of your digital media content into specialized applications, including the Apple Music app, the Apple TV app, the Apple Podcasts app, the Apple Books app, and the Apple Podcasts audiobook player. In addition, you may access your iTunes Store purchases using these apps. If you have a PC, you may continue to manage your media collection, make purchases, and manually sync and manage your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes for Windows.
Use Finder to sync and manage your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Finder is the new location for backing up, updating, and restoring your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices.
Simply connect your device to your Mac, and it will display in the Finder sidebar as soon as it is connected. And you may transfer files to your smartphone by simply dragging and dropping them. To manage your devices, go to Finder and select Manage Devices.
Upgrade your iTunes library
After installing macOS Catalina, all you have to do is launch the Apple Music or Apple TV applications to begin using your iTunes content in the new apps. Do you have several iTunes libraries? How to switch between them in macOS Catalina is demonstrated. It is not possible to see any of your material unless you first open the Apple Podcasts or Apple Books apps, and then you must first open the Apple Music or Apple TV apps.
Here are some things to know
- The Apple Music app and the Apple TV app both read the contents of your iTunes library, so don’t remove your iTunes library before installing these apps. Allowing the Apple Music app to remain open while your album artwork is downloading will ensure that you see all of your album artwork when you next open it. If you previously had multiple iTunes libraries, your audiobooks are imported into the Apple Books library on your computer, and your podcasts are imported into the Apple Podcasts library on your computer
- If you previously had multiple iTunes libraries, your audiobooks are imported into the Apple Books library on your computer, and your podcasts are imported into the Apple Podcasts library on your computer
Where’s my media?
In this section, you may access your full media library, as well as your iTunes Store purchases and synced libraries, among other things.
All of your music is now in the Apple Music app
All of your music, including music that you’ve imported into iTunes or purchased from the iTunes Store, as well as playlists and smart playlists that you’ve made in iTunes, is stored in the Apple Music app. Furthermore, if you subscribe to Apple Music, you will be able to stream and download millions of songs, as well as access your full music catalog across all your devices. Investigate the Apple Music application. You’re looking for the iTunes Store, aren’t you? Please check the following instructions if you are unable to locate the iTunes Store in the sidebar of your browser:
- Launch the Apple Music application. MusicPreferences may be found in the menu bar on the left. Select iTunes Store from the General drop-down menu
- Then click OK.
Everything you watch is now in the Apple TV app
The Apple TV app is the new home for all of your movies, TV series, and home videos — even those you’ve purchased from iTunes — and it’s available on both iOS and Android devices. View a selection of movies and television series that you can purchase or rent, as well as subscriptions to only the channels that you wish to watch. Apple TV+ will allow you to find new favorites in the near future. Learn about the Apple TV application.
Find podcasts in the Apple Podcasts app
The Apple Podcasts app allows you to access all of the podcasts that you have subscribed to or added to your iTunes library. Continue to listen to the episodes of your favorite podcast. Additionally, you may find new shows that you might enjoy based on the shows that you currently enjoy listening to. Listen to podcasts on your iPhone or iPad using the Apple Podcasts app. Listen to podcasts on your Mac using the Apple Podcasts application.
Listen to audiobooks in the Apple Books app
The Apple Books app allows you to access all of your audiobooks, including any that you have purchased through iTunes. In the Book Store, you may learn about new books to read. Alternatively, you may purchase audiobooks from the new Audiobook Store to listen to while on the road. Take a look at the Apple Books application. Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Buy music from the iTunes Store
If you don’t want to subscribe to Apple Music or if you want to purchase a single song or an entire album, you may do so through the iTunes Store. You may also download music that you’ve purchased to your device so that you can listen to it while you’re not connected to the internet.
Buy music from the iTunes Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Launch the iTunes Store application. Music may be found at the bottom of the screen. Locate the single or album that you wish to purchase
- To purchase a song or album, simply tap the price next to it. To complete the transaction, you’ll need to sign in with your Apple ID and password. I’m in need of assistance
To locate the music that you have purchased, launch the Apple Music app and select the Library option from the drop-down menu. Tap the Download button next to a song or album to save the music to your computer so you can listen to it later.
Buy music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac
- Launch the Apple Music application. MusicPreferences may be found in the menu bar on the left. Select iTunes Store from the General drop-down menu, and then click OK. Click on the search area and then type in the name of the song or album that you wish to purchase. Click the iTunes Store icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to begin. To purchase a single or album, simply click on the price next to it. To complete the transaction, you’ll need to sign in with your Apple ID and password. I’m in need of assistance
After you have purchased music, you will be able to find it in your music collection.
To download music to your computer so that you may listen to it later, click the Download button next to a song or album.
Buy music in iTunes on your PC
- Start iTunes and listen to your favorite music. Make a selection from the pop-up menu that appears, then click Store in the navigation bar
- Locate the single or album that you wish to purchase
- To purchase a single or album, simply click on the price next to it. To complete the transaction, you’ll need to sign in with your Apple ID and password. I’m in need of assistance
After you have purchased music, you will be able to find it in your music collection. To download music to your computer so that you may listen to it later, click the Download button next to a song or album. Date of Publication:
Fill your surroundings with the music, albums, and artists that have helped to shape who you are. Unlimited access to millions of music, curated playlists and original material from the artists you know and love, all at no additional cost. Lossless Audio is available, and Spatial Audio, which includes Dolby Atmos, allows you to hear sound all around you. New customers will receive three months free of charge. There are almost 75 million songs available, all of which are ad-free. Dolby Atmos is used to create spatial audio.
- Download your favorite music and listen to it while you’re not connected to the internet.
- Get your own unique selections in Now is a good time to listen Apple Music editors’ selections and playlists are available to view.
- Take a deep dive into the music with interviews, live performances, and other exclusive content available only on Apple Music.
- Follow your friends to find out what music they are listening to.
- CarPlay allows you to take everything with you and search for music using the controls in your car.
- After the trial period has expired, the plan will automatically renew.
- In-app radio stations may be accessed directly from the Music app.
- Select “Listen Now” to begin listening to your top favorites, recently played music, suggested stations, and more in a matter of seconds.
Ratings and Reviews
4.4 stars out of 521.6K total votes
I love it but…
So this app is wonderful; you can discover nearly any song you want, browse songs you like, and they create personalized playlists based on what they think you’ll enjoy, and they’re generally quite excellent most of the time. So I highly recommend it. However, there are a handful of problems that have me completely baffled. 1: When you click on the play next button, the music is not always added to the queue as expected. 2: Every now and then, a song will suddenly stall and not play, and you’ll have to fumble about and skip that one and come back to it, which is quite inconvenient.
Several songs are unavailable for listening because they “cannot open” or “this material is not approved.” The songs have not been removed from Apple Music, and they are all acceptable for listening and do not include explicit content, according to my research.
My mother believes that we may need to reset my iCloud account and convince it that I am far older than I actually am. I’m not in the best of moods. Update: My entire family is experiencing the same issue; I am not pleased with the situation, and neither is the rest of my family.
Fine I guess
Begin with the good aspects of the situation. The playlists are just fantastic! The browse tab, on the other hand, is a terrific location to learn what’s popular and to discover a few new items as well. However, there are a few aspects that detract from the overall experience. For at least two years now, from iOS 13 to iOS 15, anytime I add a song to a playlist, there is a 50/50 chance that it will actually be put to the playlist. There is absolutely a flaw in the iCloud Music Library that needs to be fixed, and it is now being investigated.
Finally, I wish I could delete songs from my library without also deleting them from my playlists, since this would be quite convenient.
The program itself may use some improvement, but the music suggestions are excellent.
Decent but behind the times
The service provides access to virtually every type of music you might desire, as well as a nice look and basic functions, but it still feels like Apple Music is simply checking the boxes for a basic music player. There aren’t any distinguishing characteristics that set it apart from the competitors. When you use it on a daily basis, it is simple to notice the obvious shortcomings that put it in second place. The technique for organizing songs exists, but it isn’t very useful in practice. In the best case scenario, this function is handled in the manner in which rivals and the Mac music app do so: there is a play next and a play later button that are both activated before the remainder of the playlist is played.
- Furthermore, Dolby Atmos is overhyped, and it is basically simply a gimmick that does not really improve the overwhelming majority of songs.
- Perhaps this will change in the future when songs are properly blended in Amos, but for the time being, the option will remain disabled for me.
- It’s a terrific companion for the Apple Watch and for usage during exercises.
- What gives?
- Even while there are the beginnings of what may be stand-out features, the majority of the execution falls short of expectations.
Data Linked to You
The following information about you may be gathered and associated with your identity:
- Transactional information
- Financial information
- Location information
- Contact information
- User content
- Search history
- Use data
Data Not Linked to You
The following information may be gathered, but it will not be connected to your personal identity: For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may be different. Read on to find out more
Apple Inc. is the seller. Compatibility iPhoneIt is necessary to have iOS 10.0 or later. iPad It is necessary to have iPadOS 10.0 or later. iPod touch is a portable media player that allows you to listen to music on the go. It is necessary to have iOS 10.0 or later. LanguagesEnglish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokml, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian Vietnamese Rating for those above the age of four Apple Inc.
- If you are unable to play a music that you have purchased from the iTunes Store: It’s possible that you’ve reached the maximum number of machines on which you may use your purchases. When you purchase a song that is not an iTunes Plus version, you can play it on up to five authorized computers at the same time. After you approve five computers, you won’t be able to play the music on a sixth computer until you deauthorize one of the five permitted machines, which will take time. Instructions for deauthorizing a machine may be found at Authorize a Mac to play iTunes Store purchases for further information.) It is possible to upgrade a song if it is offered for download as an iTunes Plus download from the iTunes Store. See iTunes Store purchases and usage rights for more information. If you’re listening to music from a shared library or playlist, you should: If your computer has not been authorized to play iTunes Store purchases, the music will pass over them. The music may be played by double-clicking it in a shared library or playlist if it was purchased. To listen to the music if your computer is not permitted to play songs purchased by the person who is sharing the song, you will need to enter that person’s Apple ID and password in order to hear it. See Music allows you to share music from a shared library
- If you’re attempting to play an AAC file that was not made using Music or acquired from the iTunes Store, the following steps will help: Songs that you download from the iTunes Store or that you import into your collection using the AACencoder are encoded in the MPEG-4 AAC format, which is supported by Apple’s devices. Songs in this format may be played in Music, as well as on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Other AAC files that you may have downloaded from the internet or from another source will not play in Music. See Select the appropriate import options. In the case that you’re trying to play a song on a CD that you’ve burned using Music: If you’re using Music: Most consumer DVD players do not support playing DVDs that have been burned using Music. As a result, make certain that the playback equipment you’re using is compatible with the disc’s format. For example, if you make a CD-RW disc, you can only play it on your computer and some newer CD players since the format is CD-RW. If you have created an MP3disc, it should be compatible with your computer as well as special MP3 CD players, but not with ordinary consumer audio CD players. See Introduction to CD and DVD Burning for further information. In the case of a playlist that contains a song preview, the following is the format to use: After the song preview, the playlist comes to an end. To resume playing the remainder of the songs in the playlist, double-click the song that comes after it in the playlist. A pricing button appears next to each music preview in your collection or playlist
- This button displays the current price of the song.
Check out one of the following Apple Support articles if your songs aren’t playing or are dimmed:
- If you notice that songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library, check the following: If the tracks you want to listen to are grayed out
Search for music in Music on Mac
When you use Search in Music, you can easily locate music from your favorite categories, examine your recent search history, and search Apple Music or your own personal music collection. Even if you do not have an Apple Music subscription, you may search for music, listen to or see previews of music and videos, and tune in to the Apple Music 1 radio station for no additional cost to you. Please play music for me.
- Click the search field in the top-left corner of the Music program on your Mac to begin searching. Choose one of the following options:
- Choose from the following categories: Dance or fitness are examples of activities that may be selected based on genre, mood, or activity. Select a recent search from the list: Choose anything you’ve recently looked up on the internet, such as a song, an artist, or an album
- Apple Music may be found by searching for: Enter what you’re looking for (such as a song title or lyric), then click Apple Music on the right to get a list of suggestions or hit Return. Look through your library: After entering your search criteria (such as an artist or album title), click Your Library on the right and then either pick a suggestion or press Return to continue. Look for the following on the iTunes Store: Enter what you’re looking for (for example, an artist or album name), then click iTunes Store on the right, then choose a recommendation or hit Return to continue your search. You may access the iTunes Store by selecting MusicPreferences > General > Make sure iTunes Store is chosen > OK
- If you do not see the iTunes Store, select MusicPreferences > General > Make sure the iTunes Store is selected > OK
In order to begin a new search, remove the text from the search field or click on the Delete option within the search field.
Use Apple Watch to control music on a Mac or PC
Use the Remote app on your Apple Watch to control the playback of music on a computer that is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your watch.
Add a music library
- Open the Remote app on your Apple Watch and select Add Device from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re using the Music app on a Mac running macOS 10.15 or later, you can do the following: Apple Music should now be open, and you should choose your device from the list of devices that appears with your library
- If you’re using iTunes on your Mac or PC, you can do the following: Select the Remote button, which is located in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
Enter the four-digit code that appears on your Apple Watch screen.
Control playback from Apple Watch
Choose one of the options below:
- Use the playback controls in the Remote app
- To control the volume, turn the Digital Crown to the desired setting. Select an audio destination by tapping and holding the button.
Choose a media library to play from
- If you’ve added more than one library, you’ll get this message: When you launch the Remote app on your Apple Watch, select the one you want by tapping it. If you’re already listening to music, you can: Press the library icon at the upper left of the playing controls
- Then tap the playback controls again.
Remove a media library
- Activate the Remote application on your Apple Watch
- Touching and holding a gadget is recommended. As soon as the device icon begins to jitter, hit the X button to remove it, then tap Remove