Scroll down until you reach the “Music” icon and tap it.
- Select “Music” from your Settings menu. Jennifer Still/Business Insider.
- Slide the “Sync Library” switch to the off position.
- Uncheck the box next to “Sync Library.”
- Click “Preferences” from the “Edit” dropdown menu.
- Uncheck the “iCloud Music Library” box.
- 1 What happens if I Unsync Apple Music?
- 2 How do I unlink iTunes from Apple Music?
- 3 How do I Unsync my iPhone from Apple Music?
- 4 What happens if I turn off iCloud music library on iPhone?
- 5 How do I stop sharing between Apple devices?
- 6 How do I stop Apple devices syncing with each other?
- 7 How do you Unsync an iPhone?
- 8 How do I separate my iPhone from my wife’s?
- 9 How do I unlink my phone?
- 10 Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
- 11 Turn on Sync Library
- 12 If you don’t subscribe to Apple Music
- 13 How to Turn Off Your iCloud Music Library
- 14 What Happens If You Disable iCloud Music Library
- 15 How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on Your iPhone or iPad
- 16 How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on Your Mac
- 17 How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on a PC
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
- 19 Wrapping Up
- 20 How to Turn off iCloud Music Library on iPhone, Mac, and PC
- 21 Things you should know before disabling iCloud Music Library
- 21.1 What is iCloud Music Library?
- 21.2 What will happen if you disable iCloud Music Library
- 21.3 How to use Apple Music without iCloud Music Library
- 21.4 Step 1.Download and installViWizard Audio Converteron your computer.
- 21.5 Step 2.Launch the program and add your saved Apple Music tracks to the converter. Choose the output format as MP3, FLAC, or others. Hit Convert.
- 22 How to turn off iCloud Music Library
- 23 Summary
- 24 How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library
- 25 Cloud-based matching can be buggy
- 26 What do I lose when I disable iCloud Music Library?
- 27 How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library
- 28 Any other questions?
- 29 [SOLVED] How to turn off iCloud Music Library on iPhone
- 30 iCloud Music Library
- 31 How to disable iCloud Music Library
- 32 How to delete music from iPhone
- 33 This account does not have iCloud Music enabled
- 34 The Ultimate Guide to Turn off iCloud Music on iPhone/iPad or PC/Mac
- 35 What is the iCloud Music Library?
- 36 How to Turn off iCloud Music on iPhone/iPad and PC/Mac
- 37 How to Sync Music with the Best iCloud Alternative Software
- 38 In Conclusion
- 39 How to disable iCloud Music Library on iPhone & iPad
- 40 About the Author
- 41 How Do I Unlink My Two iPhones?
- 42 Where Is Sync on iPhone
- 43 How Can I Transfer Files from My Computer to My iPhone Without A USB Cable?
- 44 How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through Documents?
- 45 How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through VLC?
- 46 How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through iTunes?
- 47 How Do I Turn Off iCloud Music Library from My Devices?
- 48 How Do I Delete Music Downloaded from My Apple Music?
- 49 How Do I Create Playlists on My Phone?
- 50 How Do I Stop My iPhone From Syncing?
- 51 Closing Thoughts
- 52 How to stop using iCloud Music Library on Mac and iOS?
- 53 How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
- 54 If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
- 55 How to Delete Songs from iPhone
- 56 How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
- 57 How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
- 58 How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
What happens if I Unsync Apple Music?
If you sign out of your Apple ID or cancel your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you won’t be able to access and sync your music library on all of your devices. The original song files will remain on the device they were uploaded from. Apple Music isn’t a backup service.
Cancel on an Android Device Open the hamburger menu in the app and select Subscriptions to see all your current and former subscriptions. Tap the Remove link next to the Apple Music entry to cancel the service.
How do I Unsync my iPhone from Apple Music?
Remove your associated iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings, tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account.
- Scroll down, then tap Remove This Device.
What happens if I turn off iCloud music library on iPhone?
If you choose to turn off iCloud Music Library, you should not lose your downloaded songs, but be sure to backup your iPhone before doing so. However, if you cancel your Apple Music Membership, songs that you downloaded from the service will be removed.
How do I stop sharing between Apple devices?
Turn off Handoff on your devices
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
- Mac: Choose Apple Menu > System Preferences, click General, then deselect “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
How do I stop Apple devices syncing with each other?
On your iPad/iPhone, go to Settings app → Tap on your name and picture shown on the top (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store) → iCloud and under Apps Using iCloud section, turn-off the switch in front of all the apps for which you do not wish to sync data.
How do you Unsync an iPhone?
You must sign in to your iTunes with your Apple ID and enter your passcode on the Windows PC. Tap on the account and select view my account. You can view the list of connected devices under iTunes in the Cloud after selecting manage devices. Choose the iPhone you want to unsync and tap on remove.
How do I separate my iPhone from my wife’s?
Tap on Settings > iCloud > Delete Account (only deletes it from this device, not from iCloud; the person keeping the current account will not be affected,) provide the password to turn off Find My Phone and choose to Keep on My iDevice when prompted. Sign in with a different Apple ID to create your new account.
Go into your Google Play account and click on settings. You will see a list of all the devices you’ve connected to your account. You can rename them or untick them from your list. If you do that, they won’t appear the next time you try to download an Android app on desktop.
Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
Spotify is the apparent victor if you are looking for a free service. In contrast, if you are wanting to pay for a service, your choice may be a little more difficult. In addition to other Apple gadgets, Apple Music is a great companion. Apple Music, for example, is the sole option if you want voice control on your HomePod or other similar device. In contrast, Spotify offers higher cross-compatibility across a wider range of devices, ranging from gaming consoles to smart speakers, and is therefore more popular.
Because of its personalized playlists and discovery tools, Spotify, in our opinion, does a better job at unearthing and personalizing playlists and suggestions to us.
There are a variety of streaming music services available, and Spotify and Apple Music aren’t the only two possibilities.
Turn on Sync Library
The Sync Library feature is enabled by default in the most recent versions of iOS, iPadOS, and Mac OS X. In the event that you accidentally turned off Sync Library, you can turn it back on. Simply follow the methods outlined below for your specific device.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Navigate to SettingsMusic and enable Sync Library. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to access the Sync Library feature.
A notice will appear at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app if your sync library is updating or if it has been turned off.
On your Mac
- Launch the Apple Music application. Make your way to the MusicPreferences option from the menu bar at the top of your screen. To enable it, go to the General tab and pick Sync Library from the drop-down menu. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to access the Sync Library feature. To proceed, click OK.
In the event that you have a big music collection, it may take some time for your music library to be uploaded and synced across all of your devices.
On your PC with iTunes for Windows
iCloud Music Library is not enabled by default in iTunes for Windows, and it should be. To enable iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Start iTunes and listen to your favorite music. Make your way to the EditPreferences option from the menu bar at the top of your screen. To enable iCloud Music Library, navigate to the General menu and pick iCloud Music Library. If you do not have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will not be able to switch on the iCloud Music Library feature. To proceed, click OK.
In the event that you have a big music collection, it may take some time for your music library to be uploaded and synced across all of your devices.
On other devices
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you may access your music collection on other devices that support the Apple Music app as well as on music.apple.com without needing to enable Sync Library.
If you don’t subscribe to Apple Music
- Your music collection will be unavailable on all of your devices if you sign out of your Apple ID or cancel your Apple Music or iTunes Match membership. All of the original song files will stay on the device from which they were originally uploaded. Apple Music is not intended to serve as a backup service. It’s important to back up your Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, iPod touches, Macs, and PCs) so that you can recover your music and other data if your device is ever replaced, lost, or destroyed. The number of tracks in your music collection might go up to 100,000. It is not necessary to count songs that you purchase from the iTunes Store against this quota. Find out what to do if a song is grayed out, wrong music is playing, or you are unable to access your music collection.
Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services. Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites. For further information, please contact the seller. Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250.
How to Turn Off Your iCloud Music Library
Apple’s music storage service, ICloud Music Library, is available for free. Anyone who downloads or saves tracks from Apple Music or iTunes Match will find this to be the place where everything from all of their iOS devices is consolidated. In reality, while the iCloud Music Library appears to be a success on paper, things aren’t always as sunny and bright as they appear on paper. It is possible that album artwork could be missing or that live tracks will be matched to studio versions if the service is problematic.
The worst case scenario is when music simply disappears from the system entirely. However, you have the option to disable or turn off iCloud Music Library. Continue reading if you are one of the numerous people who wants to disable this service but does not know how to do it.
What Happens If You Disable iCloud Music Library
Please read the following carefully before turning off iCloud Music Library: What You Will Miss When You Turn Off iCloud Music Library You will no longer have access to the following features if you disable this function:
- Any of the tunes on your Mac that have been matched or uploaded and are capable of streaming to other devices. If you have an Apple Music subscription or utilize iTunes Match, you are still subject to this rule. Any music that you have saved from your Apple Music library. Whether you have 100 favorite songs or 1,000 favorites, shutting off iCloud Music Library means that your devices will no longer be synchronized with one another. One-click access to your Mac’s iTunes library stored on the cloud
Even if you choose to turn off iCloud Music Library, you will still be able to access any tracks that you have purchased through iTunes. This is wonderful news for those who have a lot of music. No of whether or not you have iCloud Music Library activated on your iOS or macOS devices, those songs will always be available for streaming across your entire collection.
How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on Your iPhone or iPad
- Open the settings app and scroll down until you find “Music,” then pick it
- Alternatively, you may use the web browser.
- Look down the page until you see the option “Sync Library,” and make sure that it is toggled to the “off” position. The fact that the button is not lit up in green indicates that iCloud Music Library synchronization is deactivated. Alternatively, if you want to turn it back on, just repeat the same steps and flip it to the “on” position.
How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on Your Mac
- On your Mac, launch the Apple Music application. Additionally, if you have not yet upgraded to Mac OS X Catalina or higher, you can launch iTunes. Select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click “Music” in the top left of the screen. The top box titled “Sync Library” may be found in the “General” tab of the Preferences window and should be checked. Uncheck it. Please keep in mind that if you do not have an Apple Music subscription or are not presently utilizing iTunes Match, this box will not have been ticked earlier.
How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on a PC
- Open Apple Music or the iTunes program on any PC computer and listen to your favorite songs. “Edit” may be accessed through a menu bar towards the top of the screen. “Preferences” should be selected from the drop-down box that displays. Remove the check mark from the box next to “iCloud Music Library.” Similarly to the Mac, if you do not presently have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, this option will not be ticked. Click on “Save Changes” to save your modifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s as simple as reversing the steps outlined above. Turn “Sync Library” back on on the iPhone, go back to the same menu as above and check the box for “Sync Library,” and on the Mac, follow the same directions as above but check the box for “iCloud Music Library.” On Windows, follow the same directions as above but check the box for “iCloud Music Library.”
2. Are there alternatives to iCloud Music Library?
Yes, but not when it comes to Apple’s own services. Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music are examples of alternative music streaming services that may be used to sync music across different platforms.
3. What happens if iCloud Music Library isn’t syncing?
It’s possible that this issue has nothing to do with your device. Initial checks should be made on Apple’s System Status page to ensure that no major iCloud services disruptions are taking place.
Apple Music is a flawed music platform, and there are times when you just don’t want to keep everything in sync with your other devices. As a result, the option to turn off the iCloud Music Library is a pleasant one for many. Other options include downloading Apple Music tracks to your devices so that you may enjoy them whenever you want, no matter where you are. If you have many devices, this may be a more convenient option for you. If you’ve made up your mind to stop using Apple Music, take these steps to cancel your subscription.
A freelance tech journalist with over 15 years of experience in the technology business, David Jeff is a member of the MIT Media Lab.
How to Turn off iCloud Music Library on iPhone, Mac, and PC
A fantastic feature of Apple’s ICloud Music Library is that it allows customers to sync and share all of their music songs from Apple Music and iTunes across many devices. In exchange for the benefits of using this service, you may experience unanticipated issues such as:* Songs are synchronized with missing or mismatched album artwork * Tracks display incorrect information * Live tracks are matched to their studio versions* Albums or songs fail to sync* The more complicated your music library is, the more probable it is that problems may arise.
Things you should know before disabling iCloud Music Library
Prior to learning how to disable iCloud Music Library, it is advised that you consider whether or not it is necessary to do so.
In addition, we have an important recommendation for you before you begin the process of deactivating iCloud Music Library.
What is iCloud Music Library?
In 2015, Apple introduced iCloud Music Library, a cloud-based service that stores music purchased via Apple Music and downloaded from the company’s website. It allows you to automatically sync music, playlists, and albums between iOS devices that are connected to the same iCloud account. This function is available only if you subscribe to Apple Music on a monthly basis for $9.99 or pay $24.99 per year for iTunes Match. You have the ability to download up to 100,000 songs to as many as ten permitted devices.
The tracks will be replaced with a higher quality version by iCloud Music Library on its own initiative.
What will happen if you disable iCloud Music Library
You will lose access to music files including a cloud-based duplicate of your iTunes collection, any stored songs from the Apple Music catalog, and any other tracks you transferred to iCloud to listen on other devices even if you switch off iCloud Music Library permanently. Furthermore, Apple Music is not available for offline listening. If you decide to switch off iCloud Music Library, you’ll need to make a backup of all of your Apple Music tracks before you do so.
How to use Apple Music without iCloud Music Library
So, if you still want to listen to Apple Music songs on your devices while they are not connected to the internet, you may use some of the strategies listed below to utilize Apple Music without an iCloud Music Library by downloading and converting Apple Music music to other formats.
Step 1.Download and installViWizard Audio Converteron your computer.
ViWizard’s introduction is as follows: ViWizard Audio Converter is an all-in-one solution for converting and converting audio files. It is capable of converting Apple Music, iTunes music, audiobooks, Audible audiobooks, and other common audio files to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, FLAC, and WAV at a rate of 30X quicker than the previous version while maintaining great audio quality.
Step 2.Launch the program and add your saved Apple Music tracks to the converter. Choose the output format as MP3, FLAC, or others. Hit Convert.
Visit this guide for additional information on Apple Music and ViWizard: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 (in English).
How to turn off iCloud Music Library
When you have made the decision to switch off iCloud Music Library, you can follow the instructions in the next section. We will demonstrate the process on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, as well as the way on a Mac or a Windows computer. As a side note, if you simply disable iCloud Music Library on a few devices, the feature will not be disabled on the rest of your devices as well.
How to turn off iCloud Music Library on iPhone, iPad, iPod
If you wish to turn off the iCloud Music Library on your iOS devices, follow these instructions. Step 1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, navigate toSettingsMusic and select the Music option. Step 2.Scroll down to theiCloud Music Library option and click it to activate it. In step three, uncheck theiCloud Music Library checkbox.
How to turn iCloud Music Library off on Mac/PC
You may switch off iCloud music on your Mac or PC by following the steps outlined below: Step 1: Log onto your computer and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Navigate to the iTunes Preferences menu. TheiCloud Music Libraryoption may be found under theGeneraltab and should be disabled.
In order to decide whether or not to disable iCloud Music Library, you must first understand what the service provides and what you will lose as a result of the deactivation. Briefly stated, you can only manually sync the Apple Music music to other devices and you cannot listen to Apple Music when not connected to the internet. In order to simply listen to Apple Music while offline and sync it to any other device, you’ll need a program like ViWizard Audio Converter to convert Apple Music for you.
Viwizard employs cookies to guarantee that you get the best possible experience when visiting our website.
How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library
It is Apple’s cloud-based music storage service for all of your music (as well as songs you’ve saved or downloaded from Apple Music). You may take advantage of this offer if you have an Apple Music or an iTunes Match membership. However, there are a few things you should be aware of before you enable iCloud Music Library.
- It is possible that cloud-based matching will be unreliable. If I disable iCloud Music Library, what exactly would I be missing out on? Instructions on how to enable or disable the iCloud Music Library
Cloud-based matching can be buggy
ICloud Music Library has gone a long way since it was initially introduced in 2015 in conjunction with Apple Music. It syncs more reliably now, and everything remains in working order. However, like with any computer system, faults will inevitably occur that will necessitate your personal attention. What type of mistakes are we talking about? Things like as:
- Album artwork that is either missing or misaligned
- Live tracks that are identical to their studio counterparts
- Incorrect metadata
- Albums that are refusing to sync
These flaws should not be visible in the great majority of people’s libraries, yet they are still present: Prior to launching the iCloud Music Library, you should make a backup of your existing music collection. In this way, if something goes wrong, you’ll have a location to go back to and regroup.
What do I lose when I disable iCloud Music Library?
If you opt to disable iCloud Music Library, you will no longer have access to the following features:
- One-click access to your Mac’s iTunes library stored on the cloud If you’re using Apple Music or iTunes Match, you may use your Mac’s Matched or Uploaded tracks to stream on your other devices. Any tracks that have been downloaded from the Apple Music collection
A cloud-based duplicate of the iTunes library on your Mac; When utilizing Apple Music or iTunes Match, you may stream your Mac’s Matched or Uploaded tunes to your other devices. Song(s) from the Apple Music repertoire that have been downloaded;
How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library
How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library on your device is outlined below for your convenience.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If you want to switch on or off iCloud Music Library, here’s how to go about it.
On your Mac
- Open iTunes on your Mac and begin listening. SelectiTunes from the menu bar
- Then selectPreference. To uncheck the box next to iCloud Music Library, click on it once again. To switch on iCloud Music Library, tick the box one again and then press Enter.
A note on iOS 13 and macOS Catalina
Syncing your music with your iCloud Music Library will continue to work as described above in Apple’s upcoming iOS 13 and macOS Catalina software releases, with the exception that the option is now labeled “Sync Library” rather than “iCloud Music Library” on iOS, and on macOS the process takes place in the Music app rather than the iTunes app, which is being split into separate Music, Podcasts, and TV apps.
Any other questions?
Please share your thoughts in the comments section. If you’re having difficulties with your iCloud Music Library, we have a number of articles that might help. August 2019: This page has been updated. Instructions have been updated for Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave and iOS 12.4.
Millions of music are available to you in your pocket. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available on Apple’s music streaming service.
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
In your pocket, there are millions of music. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available through Apple’s music streaming service. Purchases made through our links may result in a commission for us. Get to know us a little better by visiting our website at Analog to Digital Conversion Services
[SOLVED] How to turn off iCloud Music Library on iPhone
Apple’s ICloud Music Library is a flexible solution that allows you to keep all of your music in sync across all of your devices. It may only be used if you have an active membership to Apple Music or iTunes Match. Some customers, on the other hand, prefer to turn off iCloud Music Library in order to keep their music away from streaming servers, which they believe are unreliable. In this post, we will explain what Cloud Music Library is, discuss its benefits and drawbacks, and demonstrate how to switch off iCloud Music Library without losing your valuable music collection in the process.
- ICloud Music Library
- Disabling iCloud Music Library
- How to Disable iCloud Music Library How to uninstall music from your iPhone
- It has not been enabled for this account to use iCloud Music.
iCloud Music Library
The iCloud Music Library and how to deactivate the iCloud Music Library are both covered in this article. On the iPhone, how can I erase music? It has not been enabled for this account to access iCloud Music.
How to disable iCloud Music Library
Before you decide to switch off iCloud Music Library, make sure you have a backup of your music since neither iCloud Music Library nor Apple Music will make backups of your music collection for you. When you enable iCloud Music Library on your iPhone, all of the music stored on your device are synchronized with the Apple Music Catalog. When you enable iCloud Music Library, your library will be filled with DRM-protected copies of your music until you choose to turn it off again.
It is possible to erase any cloud music stored on your device by disabling iCloud Music Library. This includes any music you have downloaded through Apple Music. As a result, make a backup of your music. We highly advise that you create a backup of the songs and films that are stored on your iPhone in order to avoid data loss. Here’s how we came up with a solution: CopyTrans In just a few clicks, you can transfer your music library from any iPod or iPhone to your computer or directly to iTunes.
Beginning with iOS 15, Apple has implemented limitations that prevent users from accessing local voice notes.
This has an influence on some of the functionality of CopyTrans applications as well. Depending on the iOS version of your device, we have developed a number of excellent ways for you to transfer voice notes to your PC. To switch off iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > “Music,” then follow the on-screen instructions on a device running iOS 13, iPadOS 13, or later: Turn off the Sync Library feature. If your smartphone is running an earlier version of iOS, follow these steps: Turn off the iCloud Music Library on your computer.
If you are a subscriber to Apple Music or iTunes Match, the option to disable iCloud Music Library will only be available to you.
How to delete music from iPhone
The majority of iPhone users who are curious about how to erase music off their device are seeking for a lightweight alternative to iTunes. It is simple to delete music from your iPhone while utilizing CopyTrans Manager. For your iPhone, iPad or iPod, it serves as an alternative to iTunes, allowing you to add and remove music from your iPhone, make and modify playlists, search and add album artwork, and update track information. It is free to use. Furthermore, it is entirely free for residential users!
CopyTrans Manager allows you to transfer music from your computer to your iPhone by dragging and dropping them.
If you wish to manage your iOS device, CopyTrans provides you with a variety of options:
This account does not have iCloud Music enabled
When attempting to utilize Apple Music, some customers allege that they are receiving the error message “This account does not have iCloud Music enabled” when attempting to do so: If this is the case, proceed with the troubleshooting procedures listed below. Check to see if the problem has been resolved after each step.
- Investigate whether or not Apple is suffering from any service outages. To do so, go to theApple System Statuspage and look for the Apple Music symbol, which should be green, yellow, or red. If there are any technical difficulties, you will be able to see additional information by hovering your cursor over the yellow/red indicator. Restart your computer or other electronic device. Check to ensure that the most recent versions of iOS and iTunes are installed on your iPhone and computer. Ascertain that you have a reliable network connection. Sign in and out of your Apple ID and password
- Sync Library should be turned on and off. Reset the network settings. On your iPhone, go to SettingsGeneralResetReset Network Settings and follow the instructions. Please keep in mind that it will clear up all of your network settings.
Do you have any other queries concerning the iCloud Music Library? Contact us. Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
The Ultimate Guide to Turn off iCloud Music on iPhone/iPad or PC/Mac
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|What is the iCloud Music Library||iCloud Music is a built-in feature in iOS and.Full steps|
|Disable iCloud Music Library||Go to “Settings”Click on”Music”.Full steps|
|Sync iPhone Music to the Computer||Connect your iPhone to the computer.Full steps|
What is the iCloud Music Library?
Music Library (also known as ICloud Music Library) is a built-in feature in iOS and macOS that allows users to access and synchronize their music, albums, and playlists across multiple Apple devices that are all associated with the same Apple account. It works in the same way as the iCloud Photo Library. All of your purchased and unpurchased music across all of your devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac) will be accessible if you activate it on your device. Despite the fact that it provides its customers with a great deal of ease when it comes to managing their music, it does have certain drawbacks, which we have outlined below.
- ICloud music is not fully synchronizing, resulting in album artwork being missed or mismatched
- The incorrect metadata for iCloud music is constantly shown
- Live tracks that are identical to their studio counterparts
As you can see from the examples above, there are several restrictions associated with accessing the iCloud Music Library. As a result, you might wish to turn it off. If this is the case, just follow the steps outlined below to disable the iCloud music library on your iPhone/iPad as well as your PC or Mac. Important Notice: Before you disable iCloud Music Library, we recommend that you back up your music using the technique described in Part 2 since you will lose all of your stored songs from the Apple Music catalog as well as a cloud-based duplicate of your Mac’s iTunes library if you do not do so.
How to Turn off iCloud Music on iPhone/iPad and PC/Mac
iCloud Music for iPhone, iPad, PC, and Mac may be deactivated using the techniques described in this section. You can now follow our lead and complete the task. If you’re using your iPhone or iPad, Step 1: Navigate to the “Music” or “iCloud Music Library” section of the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad. Delete the checkmark next to “iCloud Music Library.” Step 2: Both your Mac and PC are supported. Step 1: Launch iTunes on your Mac computer. iTunes may be found in the menu bar. Select “Preference” from the drop-down menu.
Uncheck the box.
If you have already created a backup of your music, you may skip this section. But what should you do if you haven’t saved a backup of your data? If this is the case, don’t be concerned; you still have a chance to recover the lost music even if you don’t have a backup.
How to Sync Music with the Best iCloud Alternative Software
It is highly recommended that you use EaseUS MobiMover if you need to transfer precious music from your iPhone or iPad to a safe location on your PC. iCloud Backup for iPhone is an iPhone data transfer program that provides comprehensive and uncomplicated solutions for backing up iPhone data to a computer. It can backup anything from music to movies to audios to contacts to messages and more. Furthermore, MobiMover gives you with all-in-one data transfer and administration choices, such as the ability to add ringtones to the iPhone 8, erase all contacts from the iPhone, and delete all music from the iPhone, among other things.
- Step 1.
- Allowing it to access your iPhone data and putting your trust in this computer are two important steps.
- Then, in the right-top corner, click “Settings” to travel to a safe spot on your computer where you may save the music files you’ve selected.
- Step 3.To begin the transferring, choose “Transfer to PC” from the drop-down menu.
We hope you have found this tutorial to be useful. The following steps will assist you in disabling the iCloud Music Library on your iPhone/iPad or PC. But, before you do anything else, make a backup of your music on your PC with EaseUS MobiMover first. If you don’t, you’ll lose access to all of your music in an instant. We recommend that you back up your iPhone data on a regular basis to avoid data loss due to misoperation.
How to disable iCloud Music Library on iPhone & iPad
We hope you have found this information to be useful! Whatever you wish to perform with your iPhone, iPad, or PC, we have a method that will assist you. Please remember to back up your music files to your computer with EaseUS MobiMover before you proceed. Aside from that, you will lose all of your music in a matter of seconds. We recommend that you back up your iPhone data on a regular basis in order to minimize data loss due to human error.
How to disable iCloud Music Library on iPhoneiPad
- Toggle off iCloud Music Library in the Music section of SettingsMusic. When asked, select the Turn Off option.
Simply said, that’s all there is to it. If you have an iCloud Music Library, you can access your music across all of your devices, anytime and from any location. Some, on the other hand, are willing to give up that convenience in exchange for the option to preserve their original music catalogues intact. For example, if you’ve been accumulating a large amount of non-iTunes-purchased music over the years, or if you maintain a lossless collection for higher-quality listening, you should consider upgrading.
You can find more information on how to get the most out of your Apple products in our how-to guide, which also includes the following articles:
- How to utilize the Apple Watch and iPhone World Clock to keep track of different time zones
- How to establish a volume restriction for Apple Music on iOS devices
- How to erase contacts from your iPhone
- How to turn off 3D Touch on your iPhone
- The best way to figure out what model iPhone you have
- How to install third-party applications to the Siri Watch face on the Apple Watch
- The best way to figure out what Mac model you have
- How to uninstall Apple Watch applications
- The best way to figure out what iPad model you have
More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money.
More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@iPeterCao Peter is a contributing writer for 9to5Mac. A music and technology enthusiast, he has embraced the Bluetooth audio revolution, but he will never abandon his love of vinyl records and their unique sound.
Peter Cao’s favorite gear
You can be the happy owner of two iPhones, which you have synced together so that you can share your data across the two devices. I understand that you would wish to unlink them from a single ID at some time, and you are unsure how to go about doing so. You no longer have to be concerned. I performed some research and discovered that these simple measures might be taken.
Maybe you’re the happy owner of two iPhones, which you’ve linked up so that your data is shared across the two devices. Knowing you’d like to unlink them from a single ID at some time, I’m sure you’re wondering how to go about doing so. You no longer have to be concerned about anything. When I performed some investigation, I discovered these simple procedures.
Where Is Sync on iPhone
If you are unable to unsync because you do not have a password, you may need to follow another procedure. In the event that you have misplaced or forgotten your password, you can follow this procedure. As a result, you must download and launch the iOS unlocker application on your computer, and then pick the Remove Apple ID function from the menu. Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cord, and then hit Trust on your computer’s screen to ensure that the connection is successful. When the program identifies your phone, the Remove Apple ID interface will appear on the screen.
As soon as the procedure is completed, you will be able to proceed with your plans.
How Can I Transfer Files from My Computer to My iPhone Without A USB Cable?
It has never been simpler to transfer files from your computer to your iPhone without the use of a USB cord. It is possible to do so in a variety of methods, including wi-fi synchronizing documents, VLC, and, eventually, through iTunes. I’ve looked into all of these options and found them to be both efficient and safe. For wireless syncing to operate, both of your devices must be linked to the same wireless network. The following is how the procedure is carried out:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB connector that came with it. On the computer, choose your Phone from the list of devices in the Finder sidebar on the left. Mac users are the only ones who can take advantage of this. You may then choose whatever file you want to sync between the two devices whenever they are connected to the same network. Then, in the Finder window, select the files tab, then drag and drop files from the finder window to an app on the list
Not only does this allow for efficient file transmission, but it also allows for automatic file synchronization anytime your phone and PC are linked to the same network.
How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through Documents?
In order to utilize Documents, both of your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network at the same time. There are no restrictions on the kind of files that can be sent using this approach.
- To begin, go to the AppStore and download and install the Documents app. Connect to the computer by selecting Services in the app and then clicking Connect. To begin, open a new browser window on your computer. Enter the verification code into the browser using your phone’s web browser
- Once the devices are linked, you may either drag and drop files into the Documents window or upload them from your computer to the Documents window. Make certain that you click on the disconnect button once you have finished transferring files.
How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through VLC?
I know you’re startled, because most people associate VLC with its media-playing capabilities solely. Although this is the case, VLC boasts exceptional wireless file sharing capabilities. The following is an example of how to exchange files using VLC:
- Check to see that VLC has been downloaded and installed from the App Store on your phone. Both your phone and your computer should be linked to the same network to operate properly. To share through Wi-Fi, open the VLC app on your phone and select that option. As soon as you turn on the option, a URL will be presented, which you will be needed to input into your computer. The VLC File Sharing box will appear in your browser
- Click on it to proceed. You may now drag and drop all of the files you want to share into the appropriate folder.
How Do I Transfer Files to My Computer Through iTunes?
The ITunes app has long been the go-to software for this kind of function, particularly among non-Macintosh users. Here’s how to navigate via iTunes:
- Install the most recent version of iTunes on your computer to ensure that it functions properly. Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cord
- This is recommended. Users of Mac computers can select their phone from a list of available devices in the Finder sidebar on their computer. You may then define the type of file you want to transfer between your phone and the other device after you have selected it. The Phone logo button is located in the upper left corner of the iTunes application on your computer. Afterwards, pick File Sharing from the drop-down menu and select Transfer file from your computer to your phone. After that, a window will appear in which you may pick the files you wish to transfer and then click the Add button when you are finished.
How Do I Turn Off iCloud Music Library from My Devices?
When using iCloud, there are several drawbacks, especially when using it with numerous devices at the same time. It may cause your downloads and music to be delayed. Consequently, the following is how to turn it off on your phone:
- There are certain drawbacks to using iCloud, especially if you have many devices linked to it. Downloads and songs may be delayed as a result of this error. Consequently, the following is the procedure to disable it on your phone:
On a Mac, you may do the following:
- Open the Apple Music App or iTunes and play some music. Music should be selected. Select Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears. The sync library option is unchecked on the general tab of the preferences, and then you must click OK to save the changes.
How Do I Delete Music Downloaded from My Apple Music?
The process of deleting downloaded music may be completed in a few simple steps. To begin, you must launch the Music application. Select and hold down the long press button on the song or album you wish to remove, then touch on remove. Depending on your selection, you will be presented with two options: either remove it or delete it completely. You may erase all of the music you have downloaded by going to the settings menu on your phone and selecting music from the list. Tap Edit in the upper right corner, and then delete to the left of all songs or a specific song to remove it from the list.
These steps are simple and may be completed in a short period of time.
How Do I Create Playlists on My Phone?
Your phone automatically recognizes music contained in a single folder as a playlist, but you may find it necessary to rearrange your music to suit your tastes from time to time. In order to do so, here’s how to make your playlist. In order to play tracks, first create a folder and place all of the music you wish to play in the folder. When you select a song from the folder, the rest of the songs in the folder will be added and played in a queue. It’s as simple as that. By tapping on the player, you will be able to select any song you want and have it play all of the music included within the folder.
How Do I Stop My iPhone From Syncing?
Depending on whatever version of iTunes for Mac or Windows you are running, there are a number of various ways to prohibit your devices from syncing with your computer. It is necessary to go into iTunes and browse to your Phone or iPad, where you may do a manual sync by selecting your device at the top of the page and then clicking on ‘Sync’ as you would normally. In most cases, this will completely delete everything from your device. If you are using the most recent version of iTunes, all you have to do is click on your Phone or iPod when it shows at the top of the screen in iTunes.
Using this method, you will be sent to your device’s overview page, where you may switch off synchronization of contacts and mail accounts.
Phones have long been considered to be among the greatest phones available, because to features such as synchronization, which allows users to use two phones with the same ID. However, there are situations when you may not wish to exchange information, or when syncing may create hassles; as a result, unsyncing is unavoidable at times. I’ve looked at ways to effectively unlink a phone, and I’ve provided the several options so that you can pick the one that works best for you.
I’ve also talked about some of the different functionalities of the phone, such as file transfer via multiple means and music playback on your phone, among other things. These are designed to guarantee that you utilize your phone to its full potential and delight while avoiding any damage to it.
How to stop using iCloud Music Library on Mac and iOS?
The same thing happened to me. I conducted a search and discovered a few articles and discussion threads that dealt with situations that were similar to mine. In iTunesPreferencesGeneral, it appears that the option to switch off iCloud Music Library for both the iPhone and the Mac has been buried. Uncheck the box next to “Show Apple Music” to turn off the feature. Following the unchecking of the option, you will be presented with a notification regarding iCloud Music Library. After that, you’ll want to go into iTunes and reset your iCloud Music Library settings.
Once the page has been loaded, scroll to the bottom and select the “Reset” button to access the option.
Select “I Understand” from the drop-down menu, then click “Reset.” After you have confirmed your selection and clicked “Reset Now,” exit iTunes.
- Instructions on how to prevent iTunes 12.2 from automatically uploading sound tracks to the iCloud Music Library.
Now, check to see if the iPhone’s settings are in proper working order. Navigate to the Music section of the Settings menu. Slide the switch next to “Show Apple Music” to the off position. In order to finish, turn off your iPhone for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. You may turn off iCloud music via the Music app, at the top of which is Library. Then press the red text (which will say either Artists, Albums, Songs, Music Videos; Genres; Composers; or Compilations), and slide the switch to “Only Offline Music” to turn it off.
However, it does not erase any of your music or libraries from iCloud, but it does keep your original library intact, enabling you to continue syncing chosen playlists, albums, and artists to your iOS devices.
How to Remove Music from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud
Note: This post is part of the Tip of the Day newsletter from iPhone Life. Fill out the registration form.* Once you’ve mastered the art of removing music from your iPhone, the procedure will become as second nature to you as riding a bike. When consumers delete music from their iPhones, they frequently have questions about whether they are deleting songs from iCloud or from iTunes, as well as if they are deleting songs from both. In this article, I’ll explain how to delete music off your iPhone in the simplest way possible, including recommendations for both people who use Apple Music and those who do not.
- It is possible that you will wish to erase all of the music on your iPhone at some point in the future.
- Several distinct circumstances are covered in this article; here’s how to delete music from your iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud accounts.
- You should have a clear notion of which songs you want to delete off your iPhone before you begin.
- Furthermore, if you’re attempting to erase all of the music from your iPhone but don’t want to bother with your iTunes or iCloud Music collection, our advise on how to do so below will save you a significant amount of time.
Furthermore, whether or not you are a subscriber to Apple Music is an essential consideration when removing music, therefore I’ve divided the population into two groups: those who use Apple Music or iTunes Match and those who do not. The following is the table of contents:
If I Delete Music from My iPhone, Will It Stay on iTunes? iCloud?
Apple Music and iTunes Match customers get access to the iCloud Music Library, which is a cloud-based storage service. When you download a music from the cloud to your device, the song is downloaded locally, allowing you to listen to the song when not connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
- When you delete a song from your iPhone, you have the option of either deleting the song’s download or removing the song’s download. The most significant element is as follows: Delete the download and the music will no longer be available offline, but it will still be available in your iCloud Music Library if you have it saved there. The music will also continue to be accessible for online listening across all of your iCloud-connected devices, whether you are connected through Wi-Fi or cellular data. This indicates that the music is also accessible on iTunes. The song will be deleted from your music library, but it will not be deleted from your collection, which means it will not be deleted from your cloud-based music library, either. Any of your devices will not be able to access the content. This implies that the music has been removed from iTunes as well.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- All of the songs you sync from iTunes are kept locally on your device
- This is known as “cloud syncing.” When you delete a music from your iPhone, it is removed from all of your devices
- However, you may restore it. While the music will no longer be available on your iPhone, it will still be available in your iTunes collection and through your iTunes purchases.
How to Delete Songs from iPhone
It’s important to note that if you’re a subscriber to Apple Music, following this procedure will delete the music from not only your iPhone, but also from the iCloud Music Library, and therefore from all of your devices. Non-Apple Music subscribers will utilize this section to uninstall music from their iPhone and any other devices that are connected to the same Apple ID account. What you need to know about deleting music from your iPhone:
- Open the Music app and locate the song or album you wish to remove from your collection. In the event that you have 3D Touch, you may PeekPop the song or album in order to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
Apple Music Users:
- Navigate to the Music app and choose the song or album you wish to remove from your library. Use 3D Touch to bring up your selections for a song or album if you have it. Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch on your device.
Non-Apple Music Users:
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. However, if it is a music that you purchased through the iTunes Store, visiting the iTunes Store and recovering your purchase of the song will allow you to redownload the song. The music will still be accessible in iTunes on your computer if it is one that you own (and have obtained from a source other than the iTunes Store).
If you need to erase all music or a large amount of music from your iPhone, follow the instructions in this section to do it quickly and efficiently within Settings.
How to Undownload Songs on Apple Music
This part is solely applicable to Apple Music subscribers; it allows you to effortlessly delete the song’s download from your iPhone’s storage. This method gives you the best of both worlds because the music will remain in your iCloud Music Library while taking up no space on your iPhone. To delete music from your iPhone but keep it in your iCloud Music Library, follow these steps:
- Open the Music app and navigate to the music you wish to uninstall from your device. If you have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- If you don’t have 3D Touch, you can PeekPop the song or album to bring up your options
- Tap and hold the song to bring up the menu if you don’t have 3D Touch enabled on your device.
- Remove it from the list
- Choose Remove Download(s) from the drop-down menu.
How to Delete a Song from iTunes (Mac or PC)
If you still own music—that is, if you have the files on your computer and have imported them into iTunes for usage with your device—you may use this advice to permanently wipe the music from your computer’s hard drive.
- If it’s music that you’ve purchased from iTunes, you can remove it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- If it’s video that you’ve purchased from YouTube, you can delete it and still have access to it later by restoring your purchases
- The song will be erased from your iCloud Music Library if it is an Apple Music song
- Otherwise, the music will be deleted from your iTunes Music Library. However, if it is a music that you have imported from a CD or downloaded from a different location on the internet, you can completely and permanently erase the song and its associated file from your computer’s hard drive.
To delete a song from your iTunes library:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on the Music tab. It makes little difference which operating system you use in this situation
- After the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both Mac and PC. Locate the song that you wish to remove from your playlist. (*Please keep in mind that you may also pick several tracks to be erased.) Right-click on the music and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
Using your Mac or PC, launch iTunes. If you have a Mac or a PC, it doesn’t really matter which one you have because, after the program has been downloaded, the experience is nearly same on both. Navigate to and select the song you wish to remove from your playlist. You may also pick many tracks to be erased at the same time (*please keep in mind that you can do this as well). Remove the music from your computer by right-clicking it and selecting “Delete.”
How to Delete ALL Music from iPhone or iPad
If you need to erase all of the music from your iPhone or iPad, you may access your music collection using the Settings app, which allows you to quickly and conveniently delete songs one after another. This is most likely the quickest method of removing music from your iPhone’s storage.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, this is a convenient way to delete all of your music because you can only delete downloads, which means that removing songs from Music in Settings will not affect your iCloud Music Library collection
- However, if you don’t have an Apple Music subscription, this is a less convenient way to delete all of your music. In the event that you are not a member to Apple Music, you may use this technique to quickly and conveniently erase music from your iPhone.
To Delete ALL Music from iPhone:
- You can delete all of your music from Apple Music because you can only delete downloads with this feature, which means that removing songs from Music in Settings will have no effect on your iCloud Music Library collection. If you have an Apple Music subscription, this is an excellent option for deleting all of your music because it only deletes downloads
- However, it is not recommended for people who have an Apple Music subscription. It is possible to simply erase music from your iPhone even if you do not have an Apple Music subscription using this method if you do not have an Apple Music subscription.
- If you want to erase ALL music from your iPhone, hit the red circle next to All Songs in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- To delete music from an artist’s library in bulk, press the red circle next to the name of the artist whose music you wish to remove. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
When you’re finished removing music from your iPhone or iPad, press the Done button on your device. If you’re looking to clean up your device in general, you might want to look into learning how to delete applications from your iPhone and iPad as well. Credit for the top image goes to Yeamake / Shutterstock.com. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.