Music videos can be found under the main “browse” tab of the Music app. Apple Music has given subscribers access to music videos ever since the subscription service launched.
- 1 Does Apple Music show music videos?
- 2 How do I find music videos on Apple Music?
- 3 How can I watch Apple Music videos for free?
- 4 How can I watch a music video?
- 5 Why can’t I watch music videos on Apple Music?
- 6 How do I cast an Apple Music video?
- 7 Where do I find music videos on my iPhone?
- 8 How do I watch videos on my iPhone?
- 9 Is there a music video streaming channel?
- 10 Is there an app to watch music videos?
- 11 How can I watch a music video without ads?
- 12 Can I watch music videos on YouTube?
- 13 Videos: Watch music videos on Apple TV
- 14 Browse and play music videos
- 15 How to Watch Music Videos on Apple Music
- 16 How to Watch Music Videos With Apple Music
- 17 Discovering Music Videos You Like
- 18 Creating Your Own “Music TV” Channels
- 19 Tips for a Better Apple Music Video Experience
- 20 What’s to Love About Apple Music Videos?
- 21 What’s Not to Love About Apple Music Videos?
- 22 The Future of Apple Music Videos
- 23 Kirkville – How to Find and Watch Music Videos on Apple Music
- 24 How to Watch Music Videos in Apple Music
- 25 How To Watch Music Videos in Apple Music on iPhone, Mac and Apple TV
- 25.1 How to Browse And Search For Music Videos in Apple Music
- 25.2 Search Videos in Apple Music
- 25.3 Search Your Friends’ (Other People) Playlist
- 25.4 Artist Pages
- 25.5 Check Out Featured Playlists
- 25.6 How to Create a Video Playlist in Apple Music
- 25.7 How to Add Music Videos to your Library in Apple Music
- 25.8 How to Access Music Videos added to your Library in Apple Music
- 25.9 How to Control Video Playback in Apple Music using Siri
- 25.10 How to Download Apple Music Videos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- 26 Apple Music adds dedicated section for music videos
- 27 How to get your music video on Apple Music
- 28 Apple Music: Our Complete Guide
- 29 Apple Music’s Standout Features
- 30 Other Apple Music Features
- 31 Live Radio Stations
- 32 What’s Included in a Subscription
- 33 Apple Music Availability
- 34 Classical Music
- 35 Apple Music Voice Plan
- 36 Device Compatibility
- 37 Cost
- 38 Apple Music Basics
- 39 Using Apple Music
- 40 Managing Your Music
- 41 Finding Songs
- 42 Radio
- 43 Sharing
- 44 Apple Music on Other Devices
- 45 More Apple Music Tips
- 46 Apple Music Comparison Guides
- 47 Music Quality
- 48 DRM
- 49 Guide Feedback
- 50 Apple Launches ‘Apple Music TV,’ a 24-Hour Music Video Livestream
- 51 optional screen reader
- 52 What is Apple Music?
- 53 How much does Apple Music cost?
- 54 Do you need a subscription?
- 55 Which devices support Apple Music?
- 56 Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
- 57 Where is Apple Music available?
- 58 How do you navigate Apple Music?
- 59 How does Apple Music work?
- 60 What is Apple Music TV?
- 61 What are some tips and tricks?
- 62 Are there any alternatives?
Does Apple Music show music videos?
Apple Music is more than just a listening service. You can watch your favorite music videos, too. With your Apple Music subscription, you have access to thousands of high-quality music videos, ad-free, on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
How do I find music videos on Apple Music?
You can access Apple Music’s video catalog on any Apple Music-compatible device. That includes iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, the Apple TV, Mac and Windows computers via iTunes, and the Apple Music for Android mobile app. To find them, head to the Browse tab and look for the Music Videos section.
How can I watch Apple Music videos for free?
Today, Apple launches Apple Music TV, which is exactly what it sounds like: Apple Music on television. It’s a free, curated, 24-hour live stream of popular music videos (though it’s only available to US residents); you can watch it in the browse tabs of the Apple Music app and on the Apple TV app.
How can I watch a music video?
Where to Watch HD Music Videos: The 5 Best Sites
- YouTube. YouTube is, of course, the daddy of online video.
- Vimeo. Vimeo is an online video site with a strong and dedicated community.
- IMVDb. The Internet Music Video Database (IMVDb) is an online host for just music videos.
- MTV UK.
Why can’t I watch music videos on Apple Music?
The new Music Videos section shows up for everyone, but Apple will only let you actually watch them with a paid subscription to Apple Music. (It will also be hidden if you’re a non-subscriber and have “Show Apple Music” disabled in iOS settings.) It’s available on the iOS, Android, and Apple TV.
How do I cast an Apple Music video?
How Do I Cast Apple Music From Android to Chromecast?
- Open the Apple Music app on your Android smartphone or tablet and begin playing a song.
- Tap the Cast icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the name of your TV.
- The Cast icon should turn red to indicate that the connection to your TV has been made.
Where do I find music videos on my iPhone?
Answer: A: Music videos are located within the Music app. If you sync your device with iTunes the option to include them is on the device’s Music tab.
How do I watch videos on my iPhone?
Apple iPhone – Play a Video
- From a Home screen on your Apple ® iPhone ®, tap the. TV app..
- Select a category from the bottom of the screen: The categories may vary depending on available content. Watch Now.
- Locate the video then tap. Watch Now..
- To exit the video, tap. Done. (upper-left).
Is there a music video streaming channel?
The service can be found on the Apple Music and TV apps and is free for users in the US. The channel represents the tech giant’s first foray into music videos. MTV popularized the music video channel concept in the 1980s, long before YouTube and Vevo became the go-to places to view them.
Is there an app to watch music videos?
1. Snaptube. A freely available Android app, Snaptube will certainly elevate your smartphone experience. Simply download Snaptube on your Android device and start watching your favorite videos.
How can I watch a music video without ads?
3 ways to watch Ad-Free Videos on YouTube
- Subscribe to YouTube Premium. YouTube fans have the option of subscribing to YouTube Premium to enjoy an ad-free experience when watching the videos.
- Use Ad Blocking Software to Block Ads on YouTube.
- Watch YouTube Videos on a Browser in Your Phone.
Can I watch music videos on YouTube?
With a YouTube Music Premium membership, you can choose whether to listen to your music or enjoy the music video experience with a YouTube Music Premium membership. In video mode, the music video will play whenever one is available – allowing you to enjoy a complete listening and viewing experience.
Videos: Watch music videos on Apple TV
The Videos section of the Apple Music app showcases the greatest and most popular new music videos and video playlists on the internet. Please keep in mind that while videos are available for viewing, they cannot be played unless you have an Apple Music subscription. Videos also includes Apple Music TV, a free 24-hour, curated livestream of popular music videos that includes exclusive new music videos and premieres, curated music video blocks, live concerts and events, chart countdowns, and more.
Please keep in mind that not all features, including videos, are available with the Apple Music Voice Plan.
Browse and play music videos
- Open the Music app on Apple TV, then scroll to the Videos section. Scroll down to see a list of video categories organized alphabetically
- Take any of the following actions:
- Featured products and playlists may be found here: To browse the things at the top of the screen, use the arrow keys to move left or right. Take a look at what’s hot: Navigate down to New Music Videos and then left or right to explore through the entries. Check out these specially crafted playlists: Go to Music Video Playlists in the drop-down menu, and then move left or right to explore through the playlists
- Select a genre from the drop-down menu: You can browse things by scrolling down to any genre category and then navigating left or right.
- Then, to see a music video or playlist, hit the middle of the clickpad (on the second-generation Siri Remote) or the touch surface (on the first-generation Siri Remote). Press and hold the clickpad center or touch surface to bring up a menu with more options, or press and hold the clickpad center or touch surface to show a menu with more options. In certain cases, you may add the movie to a playlist or add it to your library, while in others you can remove it from your library. Siri: Say anything along the lines of:
The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
How to Watch Music Videos on Apple Music
Apple has added thousands of music videos to its Apple Music streaming subscription service, which is now available for a monthly fee. Apple lost little time in announcing that Apple Music will be the “new home for music videos” and in signing exclusives from major artists such as Beck and A Tribe Called Quest to the service. There is a strong indication that Apple is serious about its entrance into music videos, with the potential to dethrone YouTube and VEVO as the new go-to destination for videos.
How to Watch Music Videos With Apple Music
You can watch videos from Apple Music’s video repertoire on any device that is compatible with Apple Music. In addition to iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, the Apple TV, Macintosh and Windows PCs connected through iTunes, and the Apple Music for Android mobile app, the list goes on. To locate them, go to theBrowsetab and seek for theMusic Videossection under the Music category. New and exclusive videos are shown at the top of this page, with suggested playlists, artist spotlights, and genre highlights appearing further down the screen.
Adding them to your library, saving them for offline viewing by tapping the small “cloud with down arrow” download symbol, and of course adding them to yourApple Music playlists are all options available to you.
Discovering Music Videos You Like
Apple Music’s music finding capabilities are lacking, and the same can be said for music videos. There are no suggested videos available under the For You tab at this time (at least not for me, your mileage may vary). As a result, you are left to fend for yourself, with nothing in the way of recommendations based on your listening preferences. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do in order to uncover films that are appropriate for your musical preferences.
However, there’s no reason why you can’t do the same thing on other platforms: In my experience, this is simpler on iTunes for Windows and Mac (how to make iTunes useful again), but there’s no reason why you can’t do the same thing on other platforms:
- To look for artists, type a search phrase into the search field and make sure to choose the “Apple Music” tab before pressing the “Search” button before hitting the “Apple Music” button. Scroll down your search results until you reach the “Music Videos” area, and then click on “See All.” Look for other people’s playlists by using the following search terms: If you’re looking for something general, such as “music video,” scroll down until you reach “Shared Playlists” and click on “See All.” Adding other people’s collections and sorting through them at your leisure is now possible. Make use of the highlighted playlists: UnderBrowseMusic Videos, you’ll discover a huge list of highlighted playlists to choose from, all of which are organized alphabetically. Because it is updated on a regular basis, the “Today’s Video Hits” playlist is particularly worth checking out. Artists’ pages include: Each Apple Music artist page has a section at the bottom dedicated to music videos, which can be found by scrolling down. To view an artist’s music on Apple Music, right-click on their name and selectShow in Apple Music
- Then scroll down. Find a video that you enjoy (on iTunes): Each video gets its own “page” in the desktop version of Apple Music when you click on the title of the video. In the section below this video, you’ll discover a list of more recommended videos that contain the artist in question.
Creating Your Own “Music TV” Channels
With the help of the techniques provided above, you should be able to compile an impressive collection of music videos that appeal to your interests. One of the most enjoyable ways to take use of this is to create a music video playlist, which is like your own personal music television station. It’s as simple as creating a new playlist in the same way you would normally do, adding videos to it, and then hittingShuffle and letting it run its course. You may add new videos to your playlist as you come across them, or you can do like I did and take 20 minutes to browse through the current library of your favorite artists.
You may search for other people’s playlists (as described above) and add songs in bulk to your playlists-but first, be sure toAddany such playlists to your library so that you canCmd/Ctrl + Clickto choose several items at the same time using the keyboard shortcut.
Publishing it on your Apple Music profile is the final step, which can be accomplished by ticking the Publish on profile and in searchbox checkboxes on the playlist screen.
Tips for a Better Apple Music Video Experience
The service isn’t flawless, and there are still a few kinks to work out before it is considered complete. I’ve come across a particularly aggravating error in iTunes (both Mac and Windows), where Apple Music fails to add videos to the correct playlist when the correct playlist is set from the right-click menu of the player window (see screenshot below). I discovered that waiting a few seconds between each video I added resolved the problem, but Apple’s approach is just unacceptable. Whenever you’re viewing a video on the Apple TV, you can press the Menu button on the remote to “draw back” from the screen and display information about the song, the play time, and other settings.
It’s a good beginning.
Keep this in mind if you’re planning on downloading a large number of videos for offline viewing or if you’re considering streaming music videos over a cellular network.
iTunes doesn’t bother to show you any video; instead, it simply plays the audio.
What’s to Love About Apple Music Videos?
Although music videos aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, they may serve as an entertaining visual backdrop for gatherings such as parties or family reunions. The music video has become a skill for some musicians, such as OK Go and Radiohead, who have mastered the technique. Others pay homage to the past with remarkable live performances, or push the bounds of technology, like A-ha did with their album Take On Me. That the service is available with Apple Music for the same low flat charge is a pleasant touch as well.
Naturally, the Apple TV is the greatest device for this. Neither Apple Music’s music videos nor the company’s marketing efforts are intended to sell the subscription. You have the option of completely ignoring them, in which case you will almost certainly never realize that they are there.
What’s Not to Love About Apple Music Videos?
To accommodate music video playback and discovery, it’s evident that Apple Music (including the applications, interface, and implementation across devices) need some improvement in terms of functionality. Allowing you to build a music video “Radio” station in the same way that you can with ordinary tracks would effectively allow you to construct a “automatic” music TV station that would broadcast whenever you wanted it. Hopefully, it’s a feature that Apple is currently developing. Despite the fact that the repertoire is rather strong, it does not come close to matching the music channels on YouTube and VEVO.
- But in order to succeed in the future, the firm must strike a balance between adding new content and exclusives while also replenishing the past archive.
- Most likely, this is due to a mix of the old age of the original video and the high compression that iTunes does to some files.
- That compression, on the other hand, can have a significant impact on the quality of some videos, with noticeable compression artefacts.
- There are several videos that are locked at SD quality, as if they were intended for transmission to an outdated iPod.
- When you swipe down to view the track details, you just see the name of the tune.
- Over the past decade, it has been a complete mess, and it is a disgrace that Apple Music is still tethered to the bloated media manager at all.
- A dedicated, purpose-built Apple Music application would be far superior.
The Future of Apple Music Videos
The majority of consumers already resort to YouTube for their music video demands, owing to the apparent advantages of streaming content via the internet over traditional media venues, such as television. The element of curation and discovery, on the other hand, need improvement. While Apple is working on automating the process, which would be similar to old-school music television but with more user involvement, the promise remains unmet. In the event that you have an Apple Music subscription, I propose that you have a look around the company’s music video archives, since there are a large number of videos to pick from.
The 20 Best Android TV Apps You Should Download Right Away Have you recently purchased an Android TV device?
Continue reading this article Tim Brookes is the author of this book (832 Articles Published) Tim works as a freelance writer in Melbourne, Australia, where he lives with his family. You can keep up with him on Twitter. Tim Brookes has more to say.
For their music video demands, the majority of consumers already resort to YouTube, owing to the apparent advantages of streaming content via the internet over traditional media platforms. However, there is room for improvement in the curation and discovery aspects. While Apple is working on automating the process, which would be similar to old-school music television but with more user interaction, the potential will stay untapped. In the event that you have an Apple Music subscription, I urge that you have a peek around the company’s music video vaults, since there are a plethora of options available.
Listed below are the top 20 Android TV applications that you should download right away.
Listed below are the Android TV applications that you absolutely must have on your device right now!
Twitter is a great place to keep up with him!
Kirkville – How to Find and Watch Music Videos on Apple Music
Apple Music has thousands of music videos available, but finding them might be difficult. In the Apple Music area of iTunes, there is no tab for videos to be found. Videos may be found in a variety of different locations. You may locate them in the following location. You may begin by going to the Browse tab on Apple Music’s interface. The Hot Tracks section, New Releases section, and Videos section are all farther down the page. Select something from the screen and then click Watch All to see the most popular new music videos.
- Whenever you look for a certain artist’s video content, you’ll see a section on their artist’s page dedicated to their video content.
- If you are utilizing iCloud Music Library, you have the ability to add whatever videos you choose to your library.
- The videos you add will appear on the iTunes sidebar (for more information on managing the sidebar, check this page).
- It would be beneficial to have a single Videos page containing links to the most popular videos, genres, and so on.
How to Watch Music Videos in Apple Music
I’ve been spending a lot of my free time lately watching music videos on Apple Music, which has taken up a large portion of my free time. Thanks to the abundance of hot and current videos available, I’m never without anything very exciting to watch to keep up with. Have you yet to check out the music videos?
I’m confident that you will find them to be accurate. A customised playlist may be created to allow you to instantly access all of your favorite videos. Furthermore, the program allows you to download and share them with others. Allow me to guide you through the process!
How To Watch Music Videos in Apple Music on iPhone, Mac and Apple TV
- Apple Music allows you to browse and search for music videos. Apple Music allows you to create a Video Playlist. Apple Music allows you to add music videos to your library. Apple Music allows you to access music videos that have been added to your Library. Siri may be used to control video playback in Apple Music. Apple Music Videos may be downloaded to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Apple Music allows you to share music videos with your friends.
How to Browse And Search For Music Videos in Apple Music
Make sure you have an Apple Music membership before continuing. Because the processes are nearly same on all of the devices, you should have no difficulty completing your task. Using your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, launchApple Music by selecting it from the Home screen and then tapping on Browse. Step2: Select Music Videos from the drop-down menu. It may be found in the Playlist section. It may be located at the top of the screen, near to Playlist, on Mac and Apple TV. Now, look through the collection until you discover something particularly appealing, and then press on it to begin playing.
Search Videos in Apple Music
You may also search for music videos to get exactly what you’re searching for in a short amount of time. To do so, enter the title of the song or the name of the artist into the search area. Then go down to the videos area, which is located at the bottom of the page.
Search Your Friends’ (Other People) Playlist
Simply select “Music videos” from the drop-down menu by tapping on the magnifier symbol. Continue scrolling until you reach Shared Playlistand then tap onSee all to view the whole playlist. Now, have a listen to the tunes that your pals have put together for you. And, if you have any songs, make sure to include them in your playlists.
To browse through the music videos of a certain artist, you can also go directly to their profile page. To do so, enter the artist’s name into the search box and touch on it. Once you have arrived at the artist’s page, have a look at the videos.
Check Out Featured Playlists
Featured playlists are those that have the most recent material. In other words, if you’re looking to get your hands on anything that’s currently dominating the roost, have a look through this list. Navigate to the Music Videos section of the Browse tab. You should now be able to browse a fantastic assortment of Featured playlists. You may construct a customized video playlist based on your preferences, which you can then share with your friends.
How to Create a Video Playlist in Apple Music
Begin by selecting a music video that you would want to include in your playlist as a starting point. To watch the video on your iOS device, press and hold the video.
- On a Mac, hold down the Option key when the video is not playing
- In order to access the More button on Apple TV, you must first hit the Menu button on your Siri Remote and then swipe upwards to the More button at the top of the screen.
Step2.Now select the option to “Add to a playlist.” Step 4. Next, pick New Playlist from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that you have the option of adding it to an existing playlist as well. Giving your new playlist a name is the fifth step. It is also possible to create a brief description for it. Finally, click on Done in the upper right corner to confirm.
How to Add Music Videos to your Library in Apple Music
You don’t have to go through the full Apple Music catalog every time you want to view some of your favorite videos. You may save films to your library so that you can access them more easily in the future. Step1.Open the Music app on your device and navigate to the Music Videos section. Then, tap and hold the video that you want to add to your collection to make it permanent. On an iOS device, you may do the following: Add to Library may be accessed by pressing thePlusButton next to it.
- On Apple TV, you must hit the Menu button on the Siri Remote in order to access the menu. After that, swipe up to the More button, which is located at the top of the screen. On a Mac, you must choose the video and then click the Add button next to it.
How to Access Music Videos added to your Library in Apple Music
On Apple TV, you must hit the Menu button on the Siri Remote in order to access the Siri Remote menu options. In the next step, swipe up to the More button, which can be found on top of the screen; On a Mac, you must choose the video and then click the Add button beside it.
- On Apple TV, you must hit the Menu button on the Siri Remote to access the menu. Afterwards, swipe up to the More button, which is located at the top of the screen
- And On a Mac, you must first choose the video and then click the Add button next to it.
How to Control Video Playback in Apple Music using Siri
The process of controlling video playback using Siri is rather straightforward.
- Hey Siri, “Play the Shape of You’ music video.”
- Hey Siri, “Pause.”
- Hey Siri, “Skip to the next music video.”
- Hey Siri, “Pause.” “Alexa, play the song video again.”
You may also download videos to your computer so that you can view them later. They are not available for download on Apple TV, which is a disappointment. Always remember that music videos have a larger download size than tracks (15MB compared to 50 – 100MB for a song). Remember to remove the ones you don’t need anymore to save your storage space from becoming overflowing with unnecessary items.
How to Download Apple Music Videos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
You have the option of downloading either the music video you have previously added to your library or the one you discover while browsing through the collection of music videos. Take, for example, the case when you wish to download the one that is already in your library. Tap on the Library tab, then on the Playlists option, and finally on it. Now you may download your favorite song or the complete playlist to your computer. Alternatively, when browsing around Apple Music, if you come across anything you like, you may download it by following the methods outlined in the section below.
- Then select the music videos that you desire to download from the list.
- On a Mac, select the video and then click the Add button next to it.
- On your iOS iPhone, hold down the long press button on the video.
- Step2.Now pick Share Video from the drop-down menu and then select the method through which you wish to share it.
- In addition, you may share it immediately on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- What are your thoughts?
- Is there anything you’d want to see added to Apple Music that hasn’t already?
- You might also like to have a look at the following posts:
- Instructions on how to cancel an Apple Music subscription from an iPhone
- Instructions on how to use Apple Music on an Xbox One
Apple Music adds dedicated section for music videos
Apple previously indicated that it will create a separate area for music videos in Apple Music as part of the iOS 11.3 update, but it did so today, even before the public release of the new version of the operating system. Music videos may be found on the Music app’s primary “browse” tab, which is accessible from the home screen. Since the inception of the subscription service, Apple Music has provided customers with access to music videos on demand. “Today’s Video Hits” and “The A-List: Pop Videos” are just a couple of the playlists that will be available in the new area, which will also feature new additions and exclusives.
- Is it enough to persuade people to stop using YouTube / Vevo as their primary music video source?
- In addition to the new part, several films, including Beck’s “Colors” and A Tribe Called Quest’s “The Space Program,” are premiering exclusively on the service today in conjunction with the launch of the new section.
- Various other pieces of material are displayed to all viewers, such as the “Spotlight on Taylor Swift” row shown below.
- Even while the new Music Videos section appears for everyone, Apple will only allow you to actually watch the videos if you subscribe to Apple Music on a paid basis.
In addition, if you’re not a member and have “Show Apple Music” off in your iOS settings, the Apple Music icon will be hidden. It is available for download on iOS, Android, and Apple TV devices.
How to get your music video on Apple Music
The topic of today’s article is how to get your music video on Apple Music’s platform. More precisely, the numerous alternatives and obstacles associated with the independent digital distribution of our music videos and music-related video material to Apple’s streaming platform are being discussed in this article. We’ve previously discussed services such as TuneCore, which is one of the better options for getting your music onto platforms such as Apple Music, Spotify, and others. However, things have changed in the space since then, withTuneCorecompetitorDistrokidnow making waves, but options are still somewhat limited when it comes to distributing your accompanying video content.
Music videos, on the other hand, are a bit more difficult beast to master for entirely independent musicians.
Apple’s Music Partner Search list – Apple Music video distribution
According to our research, Apple’s officialMusic Partner Search list is an obvious place to start, but there aren’t too many of the services on this list that you can just sign up for, pay the money and then view your music video on Apple Music (typically a few weeks later) as of right now. While there are a lot of them that claim to do so, and it’s possible that this is the case, it appears that many of them are more like a tiny label that you would need to submit your package to before you would even be considered — or something along those lines.
Instructions on how to have your music video added to the Apple Music Partner list “data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” data-image-caption=”” data-large-file=” Title: “How to Get Your Music Video Featured on Apple Music” Description: loading=”lazy” width=”1191″ height=”698″ width=”1191″ height=”698″ src=” alt=”How to get your music video on Apple Music Partner list” src=” alt=”How to get your music video on Apple Music Partner list”” srcset=” 1191w,155w,655w,768w,1024w,350w,150w” sizes=”(max-width: 1191px) 100vw, 1191px”> srcset=” 1191w,155w,655w,768w,1024w,350w,150w” sizes=”(max-width: 1191px) 100vw, 1191px”
Which services are the best for distributing music videos to Apple Music?
When it comes to how to acquire music videos on Apple Music, independent musicians, bedroom producers, and aspiring content creators are left at a loss, or in a rather perplexing jumble of alternatives to explore, with limited opportunities for creative authorship, as a result of this decision. Independent creatives already have a lot to deal with when it comes to figuring out the royalty splits and pricing for each music video distribution avenue, as well as policies and pricing for changes to content after delivery, and understanding video content requirements and limitations for each service, to name a few things — and that’s before you get to some of the services on Apple’s list that have a complicated home page and/or are only available to people outside of North America.
It is therefore quite beneficial to discover an application or service that is basic and easy to comprehend, with all of the facts clearly given out.
Some creatives simply want to get their content in front of as many people as possible and on the most popular platforms available, thus the option to simply submit material, pay the fee, and walk away without having to worry about the rest of the process is what we are truly looking for here today.
Symphonic music video distribution
This gets us to the Symphonic section. Symphonic is to be the most straightforward of the choices Apple provides on its official Partner list for getting your film onto Apple’s platform, and it appears to be the most popular one. However, Symphonic looks to have a straightforward submission method that anybody can utilize, unlike TuneCore andDistrokid(use this link for a 7 percent discount on your distribution job)—arguably the two biggest participants in the indie music distribution game—do not provide music video services.
It is not necessary to have a million Spotify listens or a large Instagram following in order for an independent distributor to accept you; all you need to do is pay your money and get your material in front of the public.
In addition to some key facts about VEVO and films with material in another language, there’s an useful four-step checklist you can follow to make sure your music video is ready to release.
More Apple Music distribution options
Yes, there are a plethora of possibilities on Apple’s list that will suffice, but the most of them aren’t completely open services. CD Baby, a well-known distributor, is mentioned as supporting music videos, yet the company does not appear to provide or advertise that service elsewhere on their website. Have any of you have any experience paying for distribution through CD Baby and/or dealing with the music video industry? It is worth noting that CD Baby is the only one of the five services on the Partners list that Apple has designated as a “Preferred Plus” option.
The others are either label-like in nature or aren’t even in English when you first arrive at the site’s main page.
Is there a better way to obtain your music video on Apple Music than the current method?
Anyone had success with any of the more “closed” music video distribution services? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below. FTC: We make use of auto-generating affiliate links that generate cash. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
Apple Music: Our Complete Guide
Apple Music is Apple’s streaming music service, which is comparable to similar streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, Google Play Music, Tidal, and others, though it has an advantage over many of its competitors in that it supports lossless audio and Spatial Audio, among other features. Apple Music offers access to more than 75 million songs, according to the company. Content may be streamed or downloaded for offline use, and in addition to the curated Beats 1 radio station, there are song and genre-based radio stations accessible as well.
Apple Music’s Standout Features
The first time Apple Music supported Spatial Audio was in June of 2021; the second time it supported Lossless Audio was in June of 2021. Both of these capabilities are being supplied to Apple Music customers at no additional cost. Both of these capabilities make listening to Apple Music a substantially more enjoyable experience.
Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
When combined with Dolby Atmos, spatial audio creates an immersive, multi-dimensional audio experience that allows musicians to blend music in such a manner that it appears as if the notes are coming from all around the listener. Apple previously offered a Spatial Audio option for television material, and the company has now made the technology available for Apple Music audio content as well. AirPods and Beats headphones equipped with an H1 or W1 processor, as well as the built-in speakers of the most recent iPhones, iPads, and Macs, immediately play Dolby Atmos music when Apple Music is launched.
Apple intends to release additional Dolby Atmos music on a regular basis, and it already has a curated collection of Dolby Atmos playlists available on its website.
Apple is collaborating with Dolby to make it easier for musicians, producers, and mix engineers to create songs that sound great in Dolby Atmos surround sound environments.
- What is Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio and How to Enable It on Apple Music
It was announced in June 2021 that Apple will be converting their entire music archive to Lossless Audio using the ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), which keeps the characteristics of the original audio file. Apple Music users will be able to hear songs in their entirety as they were recorded in the studio by the artists. At debut, the codec was supported by 20 million songs, with the goal of having all 75 million Apple Music songs accessible in Lossless Audio by the end of 2021. In the standard Lossless tier, the lowest quality is CD quality, which is 16 bits at 44.1 kHz, and the highest quality is 24 bits at 48 kHz.
It is not possible to listen to lossless music on the AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
It is possible to listen to lossless music using the newest Apple Music app on an iPhone, an iPad, a Mac, or an Apple TV, according to Apple. A future update will include support for lossless audio on the HomePod and the HomePod mini, among other devices.
Other Apple Music Features
All of the streaming services differ in some way, and Apple Music is unique in that it places a strong emphasis on human curation. While there are certain playlists that are generated by algorithms, the majority of the content that is highlighted on Apple Music is selected by Apple Music editors. “For You” tab of the Apple Music app has frequently updated personalized playlists, such as a favorites mix, a relax mix, a friends mix, and a new music mix, as well as additional playlist selections that are updated on a daily basis.
Beats 1, Apple Music’s live radio channel that broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, is also one of the service’s distinctive characteristics.
Live Radio Stations
Apple Music differs from the other streaming services in that it is focused on human curation rather than machine learning. The majority of the material highlighted on Apple Music is created by Apple Music editors, with certain playlists being generated using algorithms. “For You” tab in the Apple Music app has frequently updated personalized playlists, such as a favorites mix, a relax mix, a friends mix, and a new music mix, in addition to other playlist selections that are updated on a daily basis.
It also happens to be one of the service’s unique characteristics, since Beats 1 is Apple Music’s 24-hour live radio station that broadcasts around the clock.
What’s Included in a Subscription
- On-demand access to Apple Music tracks on an unlimited basis
- The use of Dolby Atmos spatial audio is included at no additional cost, as is the use of lossless audio on compatible devices. Algorithmic playlists that are tailored to the individual
- Playlists that have been curated
- Playlists that are based on mood
- Playlists produced by users Beats 1 radio station
- Having access to various radio stations is important. Playback of a music while not connected to the internet
- Existing music has been matched to the iTunes library and uploaded to the iCloud Music Library. synchronization of music and playlists across all Apple Music-compatible devices
Apple Music Availability
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries and regions, with a complete list of nations available on Apple’s website. Apple Music is available in over 100 countries and areas.
Apple purchased the classical music provider Primephonic in August 2021, and the services provided by Primephonic are being integrated into the Apple Music app. For classical music enthusiasts, Apple is developing a special Primephonic experience in Apple Music, which will be available later this year. Additionally, the Apple Music app will include playlists and audio material from Primephonic in addition to enhanced browsing and search options by composer and repertoire, updated classical music metadata, and other features.
Apple Music Voice Plan
It was announced in December 2021 that Apple will launch the Apple Music Voice Plan, a $4.99 Apple Music subscription option that would allow content to be accessible only through Siri commands on compatible devices such as the HomePod, iPad, iPhone, and Mac. The $4.99 per month Apple Music Voice Plan is distinct from the $9.99 per month full Apple Music membership, which already includes all of the features of the Apple Music Voice Plan. The $4.99 per month Apple Music Voice Plan is only available to new Apple Music subscribers.
- Apple developed the Apple Music Voice Plan to be a more condensed version of the normal Apple Music subscription than the usual Apple Music subscription.
- So, instead of searching for music on the Apple Music app, you’d just ask Siri to play anything instead of opening the app and searching for it.
- In situations when the natural inclination is to utilize voice control, such as in the car or on the HomePod, this feature is very beneficial.
- The Apple Music app allows you to search for artists, albums, and songs, and you can listen to previews of songs, but not the complete song, without having to download the app.
- If you subscribe to the Apple Music Voice Plan, you will be unable to add songs or albums to your Library, nor will you be able to create playlists or save music for later listening.
That means you’ll need to subscribe to a full Apple Music membership in order to take use of those services.
Currently, Apple Music is available on all of the company’s devices, including the iPhone (which includes CarPlay), iPad, Apple Watch (which does not need an iPhone on LTE variants), Apple TV, Mac, and the HomePod and HomePod small. It’s also available on non-Apple devices, so you don’t have to be an Apple user to take use of this feature. It supports PCs running the PC version of iTunes, Android devices running the Apple Music app for Android, Sonos devices, and Amazon-branded Echo devices. It is not available on iOS devices.
Apple Music, in contrast to Spotify, does not provide a free, ad-supported music streaming service. All Apple Music content is accessible only through a paid subscription. In the United States, a regular Apple Music membership costs $9.99 per month (plus tax). College students who have their UNiDAYS authentication can sign up for a subsidized Apple Music membership, which costs $4.99 per month. The Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month and includes unlimited calls. It is possible to subscribe to Apple Music on a family plan for $14.99 a month, which allows up to six people to listen at the same time.
Apple Music may also be purchased in conjunction with other Apple services as part of anApple One bundle, allowing you to save money over the cost of purchasing the services separately.
The Apple Music streaming service is available for free to Verizon customers who have purchased a Beyond Unlimited or Above Unlimited data plan.
Apple Music is available for free three-month trials, and the company has been known to give additional trial months in order to persuade users to join up for a premium membership.
Apple Music Basics
- How to Sign Up for Apple Music
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Family Plan
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Subscription
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Student Plan
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Student Plan
- How to Install and Configure Apple Music
- Apple Music Subscription Cancellation Instructions
Using Apple Music
- How to Make Use of Apple Music on an Android Device
- The Best Ways to Use Apple Music on Your Apple Watch
- When transferring albums and playlists from Apple Music to an Apple Watch, there are a few things to keep in mind. Instructions on how to stream Apple Music to an AirPlay speaker or an Apple TV. How to Personalize Apple Music by Adding Favorites and Dislikes
- This tutorial will show you how to transfer a Spotify playlist to Apple Music. How to Make Your Apple Music Library More Personal
- Instructions on how to enable automatic downloads for songs in Apple Music
- Instructions on how to enable the iCloud Music Library for Apple Music
Managing Your Music
- How to Add Music to Your Apple Music Library
- How to Create a Playlist in Apple Music
- How to Make a Video Stream in Apple Music
- What is the best way to add photos to playlists? How to Download Songs for Offline Playback on Apple Music
- How to Download Songs for Offline Playback on Spotify
- How to Uninstall Apple Music Songs That Have Been Downloaded
- Instructions on how to assign star ratings to songs on Apple Music
- How to View Song Lyrics in Apple Music
- How to View Song Lyrics in iTunes
- Siri Commands That Are Beneficial When Using Apple Music
- Learn how to search for songs on Apple Music by using the lyrics as a search criteria. In this article, we will show you how to ask Siri on HomePod to play Apple Music playlists, genres, moods, and more.
- Creating Your Own Radio Station in Apple Music
- How to Make Your Own Podcast on iTunes
- Find the Beats 1 Archives in Apple Music by following these steps:
- How to Share Songs and Albums With Friends in Apple Music
- How to Share Songs and Albums With Friends in iTunes
- Instructions on how to share Apple Music playlists with your friends. Discover what your friends are listening to on Apple Music by following these steps: Using Apple Music, you may subscribe to a playlist created by a friend.
Apple Music on Other Devices
- What is the best way to listen to Apple Music on Amazon Echo? How can I listen to Apple Music on Sonos Speakers?
More Apple Music Tips
- Instructions on how to use an Apple Music song as an alarm
- How to Reduce the Amount of Storage Space Consumed by Apple Music on Your iPhone
- Learn how to listen to Apple Music on the web in this tutorial. Learn how to see the ‘Spotify Wrapped’ version of Apple Music.
Apple Music Comparison Guides
Consider the following: Are you trying to select between Apple Music and another service? Make sure to read our tips comparing Apple Music to the many alternative streaming music services that are available on the market.
- In the battle of the music streaming services, Spotify takes on Apple Music, while Google Play Music takes on Apple Music
- Amazon Music Unlimited takes on Apple Music
- Tidal takes on Apple Music
- And so on.
For the most part, Apple Music is the best option if you’re already a member of the Apple ecosystem, have a HomePod, want human-based curation, and already have an iTunes music library.
Apple Music’s normal listening is accomplished through the use of 256kb/s AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) files, but the service also offers a lossless tier. Apple Music lossless in the ALAC format begins at CD quality, which is 16-bit at 44.1 kHz (kilohertz), then progresses to 24-bit at 48 kHz for native playing on Apple devices that are compatible with the format. Apple Music is also available in a Hi-Resolution lossless tier with resolutions up to 24-bit at 192kHz, however this requires the use of a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
By selecting SettingsMusicAudio Quality from within the Apple Music app, users may alter the sound quality of their song, as well as select various music kinds for different connections and playback options, such as cellular, WiFi, and download.
Apple Music allows users to download songs for offline listening, however the content that you download is secured by DRM (digital rights management), much like the content that you download from other streaming music providers. In the event that you cancel your Apple Music subscription, any Apple Music music that you have already downloaded will no longer be playable. Apple Music tracks are also not transferable to other devices, cannot be downloaded, cannot be burnt to a CD, and cannot be utilized in any manner other than on the device from whence they were purchased.
Do you have a question or a tip about Apple Music that you didn’t see answered in our guide? Send us an email at [email protected]
Apple Launches ‘Apple Music TV,’ a 24-Hour Music Video Livestream
“Apple MusicTV,” which will be available for free on Apple devices for 24 hours a day, is a curated livestream of popular music videos that will include “exclusive new music videos and premier[s], special curated music video blocks, live shows and events, as well as chart countdowns and guests,” according to the company’s announcement. Apple Music TV will be available solely to residents of the United States and will be accessible through the Apple Music and Apple TV apps. App Store users may find it at apple.co/AppleMusicTV and by selecting Browse from the Apple Music and Apple TV apps’ home screens.
19), with a countdown of the top 100 most-streamed songs in the United States over the course of history.
The event will include music-video blocks of Springsteen’s most popular videos, an interview with Zane Lowe, host of Apple Music’s radio station, and a special livestream fan event.
Further details were scarce prior to the channel’s launch, but Lowe’s involvement suggests a connection between the new TV channel and Apple Music 1 radio station (formerly known as Beats 1), its on-air hosts, and its purview, which is geared toward hits but also includes adventurous programming that is largely overseen by Lowe.
The fact that the channel is beginning with a legendary artist such as Bruce Springsteen, on the other hand, indicates a shift in focus.
Although music documentaries aren’t specifically mentioned in the announcement, it’s worth noting that this is a format in which the company has already made significant investments, most notably in the upcoming Billie Eilish feature-length documentary “The World’s a Little Blurry,” which will be released in February.
Since its formal launch in 2015, Apple Music has generated a plethora of original material, including concert videos, interviews, and other features – “same content will now now have a home on Apple Music TV,” according to the company’s official release.
optional screen reader
According to Pocket-lint, Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming service similar to Spotify, which provides access to more than 90 million songs for a monthly membership fee. It’s jam-packed with features, like offline listening for when you’re not connected, and it consolidates all of your music into an one location – including tracks that have been copied directly from CDs. Apple Music also includes live radio stations, as well as connectivity with Siri, allowing you to operate the majority of your devices with voice commands.
squirrel widget 4443206 With this Curve card, you may accumulate rewards and advantages on all of your current credit cards.
Every time you make a payment, this ingenious technique will save you time and effort.
What is Apple Music?
Having acquired Beats Electronics in 2014, which featured the now-discontinued Beats Music subscription service, Apple launched Apple Music in 2015. It is the company’s first music streaming service. Apple Music not only allows you to stream on-demand any track from the iTunes catalogue, but it also allows you to access all of your music in one place across all of your devices, whether it was purchased from iTunes, copied from a CD, or downloaded from the web. Apple Music is available for both iOS and macOS devices.
Apple Music is available on Apple devices.
How much does Apple Music cost?
When you join up for the free trial, Apple Music is accessible for three months free of charge. After that, you may choose from three different subscription options, with a fourth plan on the way. Individual plans are available for £9.99 or $9.99 per month. A Family plan, which can accommodate up to six people, is available for £14.99 or $14.99 per month, which is less expensive than Spotify’s counterpart. The University Student plan, which costs £4.99/$4.99 a month, is the third option available.
TheApple One package, which is described in further detail below, is also worth mentioning since it will save you money if you subscribe to various Apple services.
- Why should you sign up for Apple Music Family Plan and what benefits it provides
Squirrel widget 4443206
Apple One bundle
Apple One, the company’s services package that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and Fitness+, will arrive in October 2020 and will be known as Apple One. It enables you to subscribe to Apple Music through one of three distinct Apple One package tiers: Individual, Family, or Premier, depending on your needs. Individual and Family plans from Apple One are available in over 100 countries and territories, including the United States and the United Kingdom.
The Premier plan was also released, however it was only available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. The following is the price of each Apple One tier:
- You can subscribe to Apple Music for £14.95/$14.95 per month, and you’ll also receive access to Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage. Family: For £14.95/$19.95 per month, you may subscribe to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for up to six members of your family. In addition to the aforementioned features, Premier includes an increase in iCloud storage capacity from 1GB to 2TB per month, as well as additional subscriptions to News+ magazine and newspaper services and the Fitness+ service for £29.95/$29.95 per month.
First-time customers can subscribe to Apple One by following the procedures outlined below:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Click on the General tab. Navigate to yournameat the top of the Settings page
- Make a selection from theSubscriptionsmenu. Choose Get Apple One from the drop-down menu. Select theApple One tier that you like
- Start a free trial by selectingStart a free trial.
If you currently have an Apple subscription, such as to Apple Music, you will get a pro-rated refund for the number of days remaining on your existing Apple Music membership (s). To learn more about Apple One, please see our guide to the device.
Do you need a subscription?
Unless you have a paid membership, you may still listen to music that has been purchased, ripped, or transferred to your device. However, you will not be able to take advantage of all of the benefits that Apple Music has to offer, including offline listening. In the case of people who have iTunes Match, they will be able to utilize Apple Music to listen to any music they have uploaded to iCloud without the need for a membership to Apple Music. You’ll also be able to listen to Apple Music 1 as well as Apple stations that are sponsored by advertisements.
You’ll have unlimited skips for Apple Music radio stations, unlimited listening for the full Apple Music catalogue, and access to your previously purchased and ripped music collection with this subscription.
Which devices support Apple Music?
Apple Music may be accessed with the use of the following devices:
- IOS devices: Update to the most recent iOS version and activate the Music app
- Android devices: A linked iPhone (iPhone 5 or later) can send an update to the Apple Watch. It is now possible to use the Apple TV-Default Music app on the new Apple TV box. iTunes on the Mac should be updated to the most recent version and launched. Using a computer, update to the most recent version of iTunes and launch it. HomePod- The smart speaker is pre-loaded with Apple Music
- It is also compatible with other streaming services. Android users should download the app from Google Play and start it. Sonos-Download and open the Sonos application.
Upgrades to the most recent version of iTunes are required for both Mac and PC users, and may be completed by visiting this Apple support website. Meanwhile, Android users may visit this help page to learn more about how to get Apple Music up and running on their devices.
Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
Music from your Apple Music library can be synced to your Apple Watch in the same way that a playlist is synced. All of the music is kept locally on the Apple Watch.
Where is Apple Music available?
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom. You can see the entire list by clicking here.
Once you have downloaded and signed up for the Apple Music app, you will be taken through a music-tailoring process that will ask you to choose music genres you enjoy and dislike, followed by musicians you enjoy and detest, among other things. The Listen Now screen will be displayed when you’ve completed the straightforward procedure of getting started. Pocket-lint The Apple Music app has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen that allows you to navigate and see the portion of the app you are currently in.
- Based on your stated preferences, your listening habits, and the music you have in your possession, we’ve created a personalized recommendation for you.
- From there, you’ll get a slew of options on the screen, including genre-specific playlists, albums, and guest playlists created by artists, among other things.
- Browse:An editorially chosen selection of music from throughout the service is available for you to browse.
- You may also sort these fresh curation by genre if you choose.
- Pocket-lint Radio: This is the home of Apple Music 1, the 24-hour, worldwide-broadcast radio station.
- Below that, you’ll find Pandora-like stations, as well as the classic iTunes Radio channels, among other things.
- Apple Music Library: This is a place where you can navigate through all of your music, whether it’s through iTunes, a CD, or any of the streamable tracks available through Apple Music.
- This page may be customized to your liking.
You may even search by lyrics, in which case you only need to type a few phrases from a song you like and it will automatically discover it for you. It will also inform you of what is currently popular in this sector.
How does Apple Music work?
Apple Music has a number of built-in features, controls, and customization choices. Here are a few of the most important ones to keep in mind: Pocket-lint Play some music: To have a miniplayer appear at the bottom of the screen, tap on any play button on the playlist, or on an individual song or album to see it display on the screen. Select a song from the Now Playing screen to access its controls, which include the option to download it for offline listening, skip it, play next, like it or dislike it, share it via AirPlay or other means, add it to your library, establish a station, and see the lyrics.
Make use of Siri: In addition, you can ask Siri to “play the top songs from 2021,” “play more songs like this,” “add the new Drake album to my library,” “play all Drake songs” (to listen to all of Drake’s music, even if it isn’t in your library), and “play my Drake music” (to listen to Drake’s songs that you have saved to your library) among other things.
- There will also be a new selection of playlists available that can be managed by Siri in the near future.
- Search: To search for genres, songs, albums, and artists, use the magnifying glass button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Using the search term Drake, you will receive the most relevant results, including top results for Drake songs, albums, playlists, artists, and radio stations.
- Pocket-lint Create a library: Hit the “+” button to add an album or playlist to your library after searching for an artist, such as Drake.
- When you press on the three dots, you’ll also see a “Download” option, which allows you to listen to the music when not connected to the internet.
- Adding songs and albums to a playlist is as simple as touching the three-dot (more choices) button on the Now Playing screen and selecting Add to a Playlist from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Additionally, on the Library page, you’ll find options to filter all of your playlists and create new ones under the Playlists section.
Music to share: Selecting the share button on any song or playlist in the three dots menu will allow you to send the link to a friend on Facebook or Twitter, send it in an email, or copy the URL.
The radio tab will not only display what is now playing on the radio, but it will also provide a schedule of forthcoming events and DJs in the section below.
If you’re going to be out of range, it’s a good idea to have one.
There are no restrictions on what you can store offline or how long you may keep it offline.
Your login credentials are as follows: When you click on the Listen Now tab, you will see a profile symbol in the top right corner.
To access account-related options, such as seeing what your friends are listening to, upgrading your membership, and managing alerts, tap it on the home screen. Pocket-lint
What is Apple Music TV?
Apple Music TV is a music video station that broadcasts music videos. You can find it under the Browse area of the Apple Music app or the Apple TV app, depending on which app you are using. Apple Music TV differs from Apple Music 1 in that it is a streaming service (previously branded as Beats 1). Apple Music TV is a free, 24-hour, curated live stream of popular music videos, whereas Apple Music 1 is a 24-hour music radio station owned by Apple that broadcasts music videos every hour of the day.
Weekly video premieres on Apple’s music video channel take place at 12:00 ET on Fridays.
To give you an example, Bruce Springsteen was one of the first artists to make an appearance on Apple Music TV to promote his next album, Letter to You.
What are some tips and tricks?
Check out Pocket-collection lint’s of usefulApple Music tips and techniques that everyone should know.
Are there any alternatives?
Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer, and Tidal are just a few of the readily available choices. Each of these services allows you to not only stream music but also continue listening while you’re not connected to the internet. However, you’ll need to pay a monthly fee to have access to offline listening as well as other premium features. You may learn more about all of these services by reading the Pocket-lint round-ups that are included below:
- Spotify, Tidal, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music Unlimited are all options.
Maggie Tillman is the author of this piece. Britta O’Boyle was in charge of the editing.