What is the monthly cost of Apple Music?
- Apple Music offers a free 3-month trial for most new users. After that, here are the main pricing options: $9.99/month or $99/year for individuals $14.99/month for families (up to 6 users)
- 1 Can you buy Apple Music for a year?
- 2 Is Apple Music worth the cost?
- 3 How much does Apple Music cost 2020?
- 4 Is Apple Music or Spotify better?
- 5 How do I get Apple Music free for 6 months?
- 6 Is Apple Music free now?
- 7 What is the cheapest music subscription?
- 8 Is Apple Music really free for 3 months?
- 9 Does iTunes still exist 2021?
- 10 Is Apple Music or Spotify cheaper?
- 11 How can I get Apple Music cheaper?
- 12 Do u pay for Spotify?
- 13 Is Apple Music free on iPhone?
- 14 Which is best music app?
- 15 Who is Spotify owned by?
- 16 Apple Music
- 17 Hear sound all around.
- 18 Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
- 19 Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
- 20 Choose the plan that’s right for you.
- 21 In case you missedanything.
- 22 Working with Apple Music.
- 23 There’s a hidden way to save money on an Apple Music subscription
- 24 How Much Is Apple Music, and How Can You Get It for Free?
- 25 Apple Music plans
- 26 How Apple Music compares to the competition
- 27 The complete guide to Apple Music
- 28 Apple Music: Getting started
- 29 Moving to Apple Music from other streaming services
- 30 Music 101: Quality, compatibility, offline listening, and more
- 31 Apple Music gets new $99 annual subscription tier
- 32 How Much Is Apple Music in 2020?
- 33 How much is Apple Music?
- 34 Apple Music plans
- 35 Best Apple Music plan for businesses
- 36 Here’s what you need to know about Apple’s premium music product
- 37 What is Apple Music?
- 38 What does Apple Music cost?
- 39 How to sign up for Apple Music
- 40 How to use the Music apps
- 41 Go deep: More things you can do in Apple Music
- 42 How to use Apple Music Radio
- 43 How to watch videos in Apple Music
- 44 Backing up your Music library
- 45 How to find lyrics in Apple Music
- 46 Apple Music problems? Here’s the fix!
- 47 How to cancel your Apple Music subscription
- 48 Questions?
- 49 Which Music Service Should You Get?
- 50 Apple Music Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
- 51 Apple Music key statistics
- 52 Apple Music overview
- 53 Apple Music revenue
- 54 Apple services revenue
- 55 Apple Music users
- 56 Apple Music vs competitors: pay per stream
- 57 Apple Music vs Spotify: users
- 58 More MusicAudio App Data
Can you buy Apple Music for a year?
Apple Music adds $99 annual subscription option, saving users $20/year. In the App Store (on iOS 10), scroll to the bottom of the featured tab and tap the “View Apple ID” option. From there, tap the Subscriptions option and choose Apple Music. Then, you should see the individual 1-year membership for $99.
Is Apple Music worth the cost?
While there’s certainly no shortage of great options for streaming music, Apple Music is more than worth consideration. It offers a larger selection of music than most of its competitors with 60 million songs. And it comes in at roughly the same price. This can be a great way to discover new music.
How much does Apple Music cost 2020?
A paid subscription is required for all Apple Music content. A standard Apple Music subscription costs $9.99 per month in the United States. With UNiDAYS verification, college students can sign up for a discounted Apple Music subscription that costs $4.99 per month. The Apple Music Voice Plan is $4.99 per month.
Is Apple Music or Spotify better?
After comparing these two streaming services, Apple Music is a better option than Spotify Premium simply because it currently offers high-resolution streaming. However, Spotify still has some major advantages like collaborative playlists, better social features, and more.
How do I get Apple Music free for 6 months?
Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in with your Apple ID. If the offer doesn’t appear immediately after launching the app, go to the Listen Now tab where it will appear. Tap Get 6 months free.
Is Apple Music free now?
Apple Music works beautifully on Apple devices, plus there’s an app for it across a range of platforms, including Android. Right now, new members can get their first six months of Apple Music for free from Best Buy.
What is the cheapest music subscription?
Amazon Music Unlimited
- Amazon Music Unlimited: $10 month ($8 with Prime) for ad-free streaming.
- Amazon Music Unlimited (Single Device): $4 a month for playback on one Echo or Fire TV device.
- Amazon Music Unlimited Family: $15 a month with support for six family members.
Is Apple Music really free for 3 months?
Before you do, though, don’t sleep on the fact that you can now get a three-month trial of it absolutely free! Apple Music has a great three-month trial to let you really explore its library and features without needing to pay.
Does iTunes still exist 2021?
Your iTunes Library isn’t gone, but it does live in a different place now. When Apple released macOS Catalina in the fall of 2019, it also quietly closed the book on iTunes. The good news is that does not mean your library is gone. You’ll just need to go to another app to get it.
Is Apple Music or Spotify cheaper?
Apple Music and Spotify cost the same (mostly) It costs $5 for students, $15 for an Apple Music family plan or $16 for a Spotify family plan. You can stream any song from the catalog on demand, plus listen to songs offline.
How can I get Apple Music cheaper?
Apple Music has launched a new cheaper plan called the Apple Music Voice Plan. Apple Music usually costs $9.99 per month for individuals or $14.99 per month for families. A discounted plan for students is available at $4.99 per month.
Do u pay for Spotify?
Spotify is free to use on mobile, desktop or tablet – so it’s accessible with ease, wherever you are. You can access the free version using the smartphone app, desktop software or website.
Is Apple Music free on iPhone?
Change or cancel your Apple Music subscription If you’re not a subscriber, you can use Music to listen to music synced to iPhone from a Mac or a Windows PC, play and download previous iTunes Store purchases, and listen to Apple Music 1 for free.
Which is best music app?
The Best Music Apps for Android
- YouTube Music.
- Apple Music.
- Poweramp Music Player.
Who is Spotify owned by?
The multi-billion music streaming company Spotify is primarily owned by its founders, Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon. Daniel Ek has 18.5% ownership of ordinary shares and 33.6% of the voting power.
- With compatible audio devices, you can get 6 months of Apple Music for free. Find out more.
Hear sound all around.
Take advantage of our three-month free trial. *Try it risk-free*
- 3 months are complimentary. It is completely risk-free to try it out.
* You may try it for free.
Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
Spatial audio with Dolby Atmos allows you to hear sound all around you. 1As well as stunning resolution and lossless audio. 2With dynamic head tracking on AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max, you can enjoy even more immersive sound. 1 Simply request that Sirito play music by any artist, in any mood, or in any genre.
- Hey Siri, play exercise music
- Hey Siri, play J Balvin in the kitchen
- Hey Siri, play workout music
- Hey Siri, put on something relaxing
In the kitchen, play J Balvin, if you’d like. Hey Siri, play gym music. Say hello to Siri, then play something relaxing.
Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
We’ve introduced Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription service developed just for Siri that allows you to access any song, playlist, or radio station using only your voice – across all of your Apple devices. Simply say, “Hey Siri, start Apple Music Voice,” and you’ll be listening in no time. 4 Free trial of Apple Music Voice is available. You may try it for free.
Choose the plan that’s right for you.
The following features are available:VoiceStudent5/ IndividualStudent5IndividualFamily6
In case you missedanything.
- Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to listen to over 90 million songs on a single subscription plan. You may download your favorite tracks and play them offline, view lyrics in real time while listening on all your preferred devices, receive new music tailored just to you, listen to curated playlists created by our editors, and many more features. Additionally, there will be exclusive and original stuff to look forward to. 1
- Apple Music is already downloaded and ready to use on your iOS device — including your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and HomePod mini — and you can listen in your car or online at music.apple.com. Apple Music is also accessible on a variety of other devices, including Windows and Android smartphones and tablets, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, Google Nest, Smart TVs, and more. iPhone iPadWatch Apple TV is a streaming device that allows you to watch movies and television shows on your computer or mobile device. Mac HomePod CarPlay Smart TVs are televisions that are connected to the internet. Samsung LGGaming Consoles are a type of gaming console that is designed to play video games. A streaming service built for use with Siri, Apple Music Voice Plan allows you to access over 90 million songs using only your voice. It is available on the PlayStation 5 and Apple TV. Simply by asking, you may have any song, album, artist, or playlist requested. Personalized stations for every mood or activity, seamless listening across all of your favorite devices, curated playlists from our editors, new ways to use Siri with Apple Music that are customized for you, exclusive and original content, and more are all included. The Apple Music Voice Plan is simple to use
- All you have to do is ask Siri to play some music to get started. The app allows you to subscribe within it, and you may listen to the content simply by making a voice request on any Siri-enabled device
- Yes You can take use of all of the advantages of Apple Music with Siri if you have a device that supports Siri and an Apple Music subscription. All plans also include Type to Siri functionality
- However, the plan you pick will determine which features are available. (1) After a three-month trial period, the Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month after that. Student can subscribe to the Apple Music Student Plan, which costs $4.99 per month. (3) After a three-month free trial period, an individual monthly subscription costs just $9.99 per month after that. Fourteen dollars a month gets you the Apple Music Family Plan, which lets you share your membership with up to five people while also providing each member with their own personal account on the service. (5) In addition, the Apple Music Individual Plan and the Apple Music Family Plan are included in Apple One, which allows you to bundle up to five different Apple services into a single monthly membership at a discounted price. The Apple One service is available for $14.95 a month, and Dolby Atmos is a cutting-edge audio technology that immerses you in a truly immersive listening experience. In contrast to stereo music, which is restricted to the left and right channels, music generated in Dolby Atmos is not limited to the left and right channels, allowing artists to position individual sounds all around you. Each instrument’s loudness, size and brightness may also be adjusted by the artist to show finer elements in the song
- Apple Audio users who use the current version of Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones. Whenever Dolby Atmos music is available for a song and you are listening with compatible Apple or Beats headphones, Dolby Atmos music is played back automatically. In order to use different headphones, go to SettingsMusicAudio and turn Dolby Atmos on all of the time. Music in Dolby Atmos format may also be heard through the built-in speakers of a compatible iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac, or by connecting your Apple TV 4K to one of the following devices : The HomePod speakers that have been set up as the default speakers, a Dolby Atmos compliant sound bar, an AV receiver that supports Dolby Atmos, or a television that supports Dolby Atmos audio are all options. Please visit the following link for a complete list of supported devices. Dolby Atmos is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- Lossless audio compression decreases the size of a song’s original file size while retaining all of the information contained within it. Apple Music is making its full collection of more than 90 million songs available in lossless audio at a variety of various formats, including high definition. 2 If you’re referring to lossless audio via Apple Music, the term “Lossless” means lossless music up to 48kHz, while the term “Hi-Res Lossless” means lossless audio from 48kHz to 192kHz. Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless files are extremely huge and take up a significant amount of bandwidth and storage space compared to regular AAC files. Lossless audio is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- However, you may listen to lossless music on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV by using the most recent version of the Apple Music app. Lossless audio may be enabled in the SettingsMusicAudio Quality section. For cellular or Wi-Fi connections, you can select between Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless compression. It should be noted that Hi-Res Lossless requires additional equipment, such as a USB digital to analog converter. Yes. With an Apple Music Family Plan, up to six individuals in the family may take advantage of all of Apple Music’s services as well as its entire repertoire of music. In order to get started, just set up Family Sharing on your iOS or iPadOS device as well as your Android phone or Mac and invite family members to join
- Students have access to all of the same Apple Music features and advantages as individual users. Student membership price is available for up to four years once your college or institution verifies your status as a student. You may use this discount for as long as you are a student. When your membership expires after four years, you will be re-enrolled at the individual member rate. Apple Music contains no advertisements, and your iTunes collection remains intact. You may access your full collection through Apple Music or iTunes for macOS or Windows
- New users can get six months of Apple Music for free when they purchase a compatible audio device from the company. Check to see if your iPhone or iPad is running the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS before continuing. Once your audio device is connected to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to activate your Apple Music trial account. After the first activation of the qualifying gadget, you will have three months to redeem the offer.
Working with Apple Music.
A wide range of tools are available to Apple Music artists to help them produce, release, and measure music on a worldwide scale. The MusicKit, RSS feeds, widgets, brand guidelines, badge art and other methods of showcasing material on Apple Music are all covered in detail in this section.
- Apple Music for Artists
- Apple Performance Partners Program
- Apple Music for Publishers
Image courtesy of Business Insider
How Much Is Apple Music, and How Can You Get It for Free?
It’s only natural for iPhone or MacBook owners to be interested in learning more about Apple Music. Apple Music might appear a little strange when compared to other music streaming services such as Spotify or Pandora. There are some limited-time “free” choices available, as well as a free trial to try out Apple Music, but if you use the service for an extended period of time, you will be required to pay. Anyone who signs up for the service will be required to pay a monthly charge in order to access it.
Let’s take a deeper look at what’s going on.
Apple Music plans
Please keep in mind that each subscription level includes access to the same catalog of ad-free material, offline listening, Apple Music 1 live and on-demand radio programs, and exclusive releases as the previous plan. You can stream more than 90 million songs (all of which are now available in lossless audio for no additional charge) ad-free after signing up, and you’ll also have access to special playlists and live radio that you can listen to across all of your devices. The Family membership (more on that later) is the most significant distinction, as it allows you to create up to six individual accounts under a subscription that is invoiced as a single flat charge each month, regardless of how many people you add on.
Apple Music Individual — $10
To restate, Apple Music does not offer a free plan; thus, if you’re searching for the most basic method to get your foot in the door — or if you don’t qualify for any of the savings listed below — you’ll need to sign up for an Individual membership, which costs $10 per month. Apple is also offering users the opportunity to pay for a year’s worth of service in advance for $99 — a $21 savings — which isn’t too shabby if you want to lock people into their service. However, you should constantly compare the price of your membership to other options (we talk more about this below with our Spotify comparisons).
It’s worth noting that consumers may not notice the option for the cheaper yearly plan until after they’ve signed up for Apple Music on a monthly basis and returned to their subscriptions page.
Apple Music Student Subscription — $5
Apple Music, like Spotify, gives all students (with a verified student email address from a recognized educational institution) a half-price Apple Music membership for the duration of their studies. If arithmetic isn’t your strong suit, this reduces the monthly subscription expense to a manageable $5 per month instead. For the time being, the offer is only open to college students who are currently enrolled.
Apple Music Family Subscription — $15
Interested in purchasing an Apple Music subscription for your family of up to six people? For $15 per month, you can have access to the Apple Music Family plan. This equates to a total savings of $5 a month for two family members, $15 for three, $25 for four, $35 for five, and $45 for six family members, depending on the size of the family.
Apple Music Voice — $5
The Voice Plan, which was introduced in the autumn of 2021, provided an interesting option to other Apple Music subscriptions: It’s a reasonable $5 a month, but it’s audio-only, and we mean that in the most literal sense. Because it can only be activated and controlled by Siri, it is only accessible on smartphones that have Siri built in (primarily just Apple devices). Despite the fact that Voice will have access to all of Apple Music’s audio tracks, it will not have the capability of playing videos or searching for lyrics on the service.
In turn, this plan is an excellent fit for people who are more casual and who listen to a lot of music through their HomePods, AirPods, or CarPlay devices.
Apple Music with Verizon
The Voice Plan, which was introduced in autumn 2021 as an intriguing alternative to other Apple Music memberships, included the following: It’s a reasonable $5 per month, but it’s audio-only, and we mean that in the most literal sense of the phrase. Given that it can only be used on devices that have Siri as an activator and controller, it is only useful on such devices (primarily just Apple devices). Despite the fact that Voice will have access to all of Apple Music’s audio tracks, it will not have the capability of seeing or searching for lyrics on the service.
In turn, this plan is an excellent fit for people who are more casual and who listen to a lot of music through devices like HomePods, AirPods, or CarPlay.
Apple Music with discounted Apple gift cards
If you take a look at the payment choices for Apple Music subscriptions, you’ll notice that you may pay for Apple Music with Apple gift cards, including iTunes music cards. This opens the door to a new way to save money on your membership by paying using discounted Apple gift cards instead of cash. The difficulty, though, is in locating them. First, check for special shop promotions, like as Best Buy’s offer to purchase an App Store and iTunes gift card in exchange for receiving Apple Music for free for six months.
Various survey applications will reward you with free Apple gift cards in exchange for taking surveys and providing evaluations online.
Apple Music free deals for new buyers
In the event that you are a first-time Apple Music subscriber, you should look for promotions that offer you free months in exchange for signing up as a new user or purchasing certain goods, for example. These transactions can change over time, but some of the more notable recent examples are as follows:
- Best Buy is now giving a promotion for three free months of Apple Music, which new users will be eligible for when they sign up for the service. This deal may be obtained with merely a Best Buy account
- Apple also continues to give free memberships for new customers of certain items, such as Macs or iPhones, as they did with Apple TV+ when it first became available
- And Purchase of newer Apple brand headphones — such as AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or Beats — entitles new customers to six months of free Apple Music service after signing up for the service. It is not possible to redeem older versions, like as the first-generation AirPods and select Beats devices.
How Apple Music compares to the competition
Spotify not only has a significant advantage over Apple Music in terms of worldwide coverage, but it has also just taken the lead over Apple Music in terms of paying customers, with 44.7 million paying members to Apple’s 37 million. Apple, on the other hand, is far from being a slacker, delivering 90 million songs, 30,000 playlists, and best-in-class human-run radio stations, among other unique material, earning it a large fan following in the United States and throughout the world.
Music and podcast selection
Spotify outperforms Apple when it comes to increased music-discovery capabilities, but its music catalog is rather more restricted in comparison (although that difference is narrowing). Many music enthusiasts who enjoy a variety of genres may welcome Apple Songs’s larger selection of music. Instead of exclusive releases and live radio stations, Spotify has more popular podcasts and has been pushing human-curated playlist material to compete with Apple’s live radio stations. Both sites also allow you to download any streaming music to your computer so that you may listen to it later.
When you tell Siri to “Play more like this,” Apple has also improved the assistant’s capabilities even more.
If free is your jam
Spotify beats Apple when it comes to increased music-discovery capabilities, although its music catalog is considerably more limited than Apple’s (although that difference is narrowing). Apple Music’s expanded collection will appeal to a wide range of music enthusiasts. In contrast to Apple, which has exclusive releases and live radio stations, Spotify tends to have more popular podcasts and has been pushing human-curated playlist material to compete with Apple’s live radio stations. As an added bonus, both services enable you to download any streaming tune for offline listening at your leisure.
When you tell Siri to “Play more like this,” Apple has also improved the assistant’s capabilities.
Second, if audio format and quality are crucial to you, Apple is unquestionably the leader in the field: As part of the iOS 14 launch, the business had already made a selection of tunes available in its spatial audio format, which was previously unreleased (which pairs perfectly with the AirPods Max headphones). Although Apple Music plans to provide spatial audio with support for Dolby Atmos Music in the spring of 2020, the company has already revealed lossless audio throughout its full collection of more than 90 million songs.
Lossless audio begins at CD quality, which is 16 bits at 44.1 kHz and progresses to 24 bits at 48 kHz as the sample rate increases. Apple Music.
- In 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was nowhere to be found. Is the year 2022 going to be any different? The greatest free music applications available for iOS and Android devices. This Christmas season, Delta Airlines is offering complimentary Spotify streaming services. The best in-ear headphones for 2022
- Spotify now has a Netflix hub, allowing you to listen to the soothing sounds of Squid Game while you work.
The complete guide to Apple Music
In the year 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was nowhere to be discovered. Are there any differences between now and 2022? For iOS and Android, these are the greatest free music applications. On Delta Airlines this Christmas season, you can relax with free Spotify. What are the finest earphones to buy in 2022? Listen to the haunting sounds of Squid Game while using Spotify’s Netflix integration.
Apple Music: Getting started
In the year 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was not to be seen. Is the year 2022 going to be any different; The finest free music applications available for iOS and Android devices; This holiday season, Delta Airlines is offering free Spotify access. The finest earphones to buy in 2022. Spotify has integrated a Netflix hub, allowing you to listen to the relaxing sounds of Squid Game as you work.
Moving to Apple Music from other streaming services
I subscribe to iTunes Match on a regular basis. Is it still necessary to have iTunes Match if I subscribe to Apple Music in order to maintain my whole music library in one place? Because iTunes Match and Apple Music are two totally different services, it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to maintain your existing iTunes Match account after the transition. If you have a large number of rare tunes and other items in your own music library that you can’t obtain through Apple Music, you may want to consider retaining both Apple Music and Spotify memberships.
- Apple continues to offeriTunes Match, a service that allows you to store the music that you own in the cloud using your Apple ID.
- Over the course of several years, I refined my playlists on both Spotify and iTunes.
- When you create an Apple Music account, all of your iTunes playlists, as well as the rest of your iTunes collection, will be immediately imported.
- There is currently no simple method to import your existing playlists into Apple Music.
Music 101: Quality, compatibility, offline listening, and more
What is the sound quality like? Apple Music broadcasts music with a bitrate of 256kbps, which is the same as the rate used by iTunes Match for streaming. Spotify, on the other hand, employs a bitrate of 320kbps, which is a significant reduction. The lossless version of select Apple Music tracks and albums is available at no additional cost when using Apple Music Lossless. However, the most significant advantage of Apple Songs is the newest Spatial Audio function, which is available for certain music.
- Is Apple Music compatible with Apple’s HomePod speaker?
- Is there a connection between Apple Music and Sonos?
- In the event that you already have Sonos speakers installed in your house, getting started with Apple Music streaming is a breeze.
- Log in to Apple Music by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- You can save as many songs as you like, as long as your device has enough storage space.
- You will not be able to burn them on a CD, utilize them in other video projects, or save them on any other devices that are not linked to your Apple Music subscription.
In the event that you’re concerned about data overages, or if you’re planning on visiting a location where there is no reliable wifi connection, the offline listening function is an excellent choice.
When it comes to radio, iTunes Radio uses a Pandora-style approach, allowing users to construct their own stations based on their favorite songs, artists, albums, or genres, and iTunes will then offer up tracks that are relevant to that topic.
Apple Music’s radio stations, on the other hand, are primarily human-curated, whereas iTunes Radio stations were created using algorithms.
Zane Lowe, a former BBC personality, is in charge of the project from Los Angeles, with Ebro Darden of Hot 97 in New York and Julie Adenuga in London assisting him as well.
That every user on the planet receives the same material at exactly the same moment is extremely remarkable, and these stations take a lot more curated approach to radio than iTunes Radio does, which is incredibly cool as well.
Will the standalone iTunes Radio service continue to be a free service?
All of Apple Music’s radio stations, as well as Apple Music 1 itself, are available for free to anybody with an Apple ID—though the genre- and artist-based radio stations will be sponsored by advertisements and have a restriction on the number of song skips they allow.
Although many of the old record label-sponsored iTunes Radio stations have vanished, you may be out of luck if you want to listen to them now.
What musical genres does Apple Music 1 mostly feature?
On any given day, you’ll hear a well-balanced mix of indie rock, hip-hop, pop, funk, electronic, classic rock, dance music, and more, all of which have been expertly weaved together in a way that doesn’t seem like a jumbled jumble of sounds.
Furthermore, the Apple Music 1 DJs choose one music each day to serve as their daily World Record, and that track is played hourly at the half-hour mark.
Among the interviews that broadcast were those featuring 2021 Apple Music Award winners The Weeknd, H.E.R., and Olivia Rodrigo (among others).
What is the best way to add music from Apple Music 1 to my playlists? A song on Apple Music 1 that was so fantastic that you knew you’d want to listen to it again was a positive sign. Here’s how to find out where it is. iOS/iPadOS:
- Tap on the song listing at the bottom of the screen, but above the control panel, when you’re listening to Beats 1 or another Apple Music radio station. A song panel should fill the screen, including cover art, the song and artist names, and player controls. A task list should display once you click on the three-dot button next to the song and artist names. “Add to a Playlist” is one of the tasks to be completed. Select that option, and a list of your playlists will be displayed. Select the one to which you wish to add the music by tapping it. To confirm that the activity was completed, you’ll receive a pop-up message that says “Added to Playlist.”
As a result, if you navigate to the LibraryPlaylists playlist, the music should be there. Mac:
- Right-click a song in the currently playing section at the top of the Music app when listening to Apple Music 1, or another Apple Music radio station, and select “Save target as.” Alternatively, position your mouse over the song title in the currently playing area and then click on the three-dot button that appears
- There will be a pop-up menu shown. SelectAdd to Playlist from the drop-down menu
- A list of your playlists will be shown. The playlist to which you wish to add the music should be selected, or you may choose New Playlist to create a new playlist from scratch. When you click on the song, an alert will display at the bottom of the Music sidebar, informing you that it has been added to your playlist.
That’s all there is to it. After selecting the playlist from the sidebar, you should be able to see that the music has been included. Is there a restriction on the amount of songs that may be included in a playlist? We’re not aware of anything like that! Remove from the equation. What is the best way to tell it which songs you don’t like? When listening to a playlist or radio station, you have the option of skipping any songs that you don’t like for (except for inApple Music 1, which is live).
- For example, you can express your dissatisfaction by selecting “Suggest less like this” from the three-dot menu (.).
- This used to be fairly hard, but Apple has recently made it much simpler—all you have to do now is tap or click on the name of the artist.
- As soon as they are added, they are instantly added to the Library page, where you may arrange your collection alphabetically by artist, album, and song title.
- Scroll down to find the songs you’ve recently added to your collection.
- It all boils down to the agreements that Apple has reached with various artists and record companies over the years.
- What do you think of podcasts?
- Is it possible to get Apple Music over the web?
- Navigate to music.apple.com using your web browser.
- You can use the online interface in a similar fashion to the Music app on your Mac, and it’s a convenient method to access your music when you’re not using one of your own devices.
- In order to avoid having my credit card charged by Apple, I need to terminate my free trial membership.
- Please keep in mind that if you make a purchase after clicking on links in our articles, we may receive a small fee.
Apple Music gets new $99 annual subscription tier
Apple Music subscriptions may now be purchased in advance for a full year. Image courtesy of Apple After months of anticipation, Apple is now ready to offer music fans a fantastic deal on the Apple Music streaming service, with an all-new option that allows you to pay for a full year’s subscription at a reduced rate. If you’re presently a subscriber to Apple Music, you’re most likely paying either $9.99 per month for an individual plan or $14.99 per month for a family plan, depending on your location.
- When Apple first launched its subscription service, music enthusiasts could pay for a whole year’s worth of music in advance by purchasing a $100 gift card for Apple Music.
- Obtaining the Apple Music yearly discount pricing requires a significant amount of tabbing.
- Obtaining the yearly subscription rate, on the other hand, is not straightforward.
- As a result, the $99-per-year pricing is only accessible to Apple Music subscribers who already have an active subscription, so if you want to take advantage of the $99-per-year deal, you’ll need to first sign up for the $9.99-per-month tier and then switch the following month.
- To take advantage of the $99 membership discount, do the following steps: 1 – On your iPhone, launch the App Store application.
2 – Go to the bottom of the Featuredtab and click it. 3 – Enter your Apple ID password. 4 – Enter the password you created. 5 – Select View Apple ID from the menu. 6 – Click on theSubscriptionsbutton on the right. 7 – Select the pricing choice that you prefer. Via:TechCrunch
How Much Is Apple Music in 2020?
Discover and listen in perfect sync with one another. “Apple Music” is the tagline for one of the most prominent participants in the music-streaming industry: Apple Music. As of April 2019, Apple Music had the biggest number of paying members, with over 95 million in the United States alone, but it was still a distant second to Spotify in terms of market share. Apple Music has come to popularity as the “sequel” to iTunes, owing to the release of exclusive music on the platform by artists such as Drake, Taylor Swift, and Frank Ocean.
How much is Apple Music?
The cost of an individual Apple Music subscription is $9.99 per month before taxes, for a total cost of around $120 per year. This monthly cost is determined by the subscription plan you pick, which may be customized to meet your specific needs. Apple Music subscribers will be able to choose a pricing point that is suitable for their requirements thanks to the range of subscription levels available. Whatever your needs are, whether you’re a business owner wishing to create a certain ambiance for your guests, a student trying to concentrate and study, or a family who enjoys music, there’s an Apple Music plan out there for you.
Apple Music plans
Students, individuals, and families may all benefit from Apple Music’s various subscription plans. Take a look at the table below to notice the variations in the features that are available. It is clear from the table above that the features available for an individual membership and a student subscription are essentially identical, save from the price. Apple must verify that you are currently enrolled as a student before you may receive the student membership. The offering for the family subscription is significantly more extensive.
Purchases purchased on iTunes by a single family member can be shared with any other family members who are also subscribed to the family membership.
Apple Music is continually being updated with new features.
Best Apple Music plan for businesses
Apple does not yet provide a subscription model that is tailored to the needs of enterprises. Purchasing an individual membership is your best choice due to the fact that it is more cost-effective and you will likely only be utilizing one device at a time. If you have a shared plan, you may be able to split the costs between your house and your company. Want to subscribe to a subscription service but aren’t sure if Apple Music is the appropriate fit for you?
Check out our YouTube Premium guide for more information. Derek used to work as a content associate for G2. He may generally be found on the internet talking about pop music, politics, or digital marketing strategies. (he/him/his)
Here’s what you need to know about Apple’s premium music product
Bryan M. Wolfe / iMore is the source of this information. Apple Music has had substantial growth when it originally went live on the internet. Today, it is the second-largest paid music streaming service in the United States, trailing only Spotify in terms of global subscribers. In addition to your favorite albums and songs, Apple Music provides a showcase for music videos, 24/7 radio stations, and a variety of other features.
What is Apple Music?
Apple Music was introduced in more than 100 countries across the world in June 2015. It is now available in approximately 160 countries across the world. There are a variety of platforms on which the service can be accessed, including the best iPhones and best iPads, Apple Watch, Apple TV 4K (2021) and older versions of the device (as well as older versions of the device), HomePod, Mac, CarPlay, Windows, Android, Chrome OS, and Amazon Echo devices, as well as the web.
What does Apple Music cost?
Apple Music was released in more than 100 countries across the world in June of this year. There are almost 160 countries where it is available now. There are a variety of platforms on which the service can be accessed, including the best iPhones and best iPads, Apple Watch, Apple TV 4K (2021) and older versions of the device (as well as older versions of the device), HomePod, Mac, CarPlay, Windows, Android, Chrome OS, and Amazon Echo devices, as well as through the internet.
How to sign up for Apple Music
If you have an Apple Music account, you may sign up and manage it on a variety of devices and platforms includingiPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, and the web. Once you’ve completed this, you’ll be able to access the service from any device by entering your login credentials. Signing up for the Apple Music Family plan or switching between it and an individual plan are two more options available to you.
How to use the Music apps
iMore Apple Music may be accessed through a variety of Music applications available on a variety of different devices. It may be accessed using the iTunes application on Windows. The Music app for iPhone and iPad provides a one-stop shop for all of your locally downloaded music, tracks from your Mac, and tunes from your iTunes library. The Apple Music service, Apple Music 1 Radio, and a top-notch search feature are all available for discovering amazing music and playlists.
Go deep: More things you can do in Apple Music
It’s possible to perform a number of things with the Apple Music app that you might not have considered previously, such as purchasing a song you like or utilizing Siri to steer your music selections. Apple Music also allows you to see and share playlists with your friends, as well as listen to the service on several devices at the same time.
Are you on the lookout for anything more? Using Apple’s services is simple: you can easily follow friends who are also using the service, as well as create and alter your user profile. In addition, you may import tracks from Apple Music into your iCloud Music Library.
How to use Apple Music Radio
iMore People like to claim that radio is no longer alive, yet fans of Apple Music Radio would argue to the contrary. Apple Music includes an increasing number of 24-hour radio channels, starting with Apple Music 1, which is available for free. Apple Music radio stations may be created, personalized, and searched for with relative simplicity.
How to watch videos in Apple Music
If you have an Apple Music membership, you can watch hundreds of high-quality music videos on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, all without being interrupted by advertisements. While browsing through videos from your favorite artists, you can also kick back and relax while watching tailored video playlists selected by Apple’s dedicated music team (available in English and Spanish).
Backing up your Music library
Thousands more high-quality music videos are available to you on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV with your Apple Music subscription, which is ad-free. While browsing through videos from your favorite artists, you can also kick back and relax while watching curated video playlists created by the Apple devoted music team.
How to find lyrics in Apple Music
Bryan M. Wolfe / iMore is the source of this information. You can access the lyrics to your favorite songs via Apple Music, which is available on a variety of devices, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac computer. The best part is that, in the majority of situations, the lyrics are enabled by default.
Apple Music problems? Here’s the fix!
When you’re experiencing troubles with Apple Music, we’ll be there to help you with answers to frequent issues!
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription
When you’re experiencing troubles with Apple Music, we’ll be there to help you with solutions to frequent issues.
Do you have any other questions or issues regarding Apple Music? Contact us. Please let us know in the comments section beforehand!
Which Music Service Should You Get?
Interested in learning more about Apple Music or have further questions or concerns? Make sure to let us know in the comments section before you do anything.
Apple Music Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
ITunes and the iPod, a hardware and software combo that transformed the music business in the early 2000s by popularizing singles over albums and allowing users to store thousands of tracks on a single device, revolutionized the music industry in the early 2000s. That may sound archaic now, but it was the most common way for most people to listen to music for more than a decade. With the iPod, Apple established a significant lead over all rival music players, which was bolstered even further by the introduction of the iPhone.
- Instead, for half a decade, a tiny Swedish developer was allowed to expand despite the absence of any significant competitors.
- A further 68 million users had freemium accounts, according to the company.
- Apple’s acquisition of Beats Electronics for $3 billion was the first indication that the company was eager to experiment with music streaming.
- Apple Music took off right away, garnering 11 million members in its first year, despite widespread criticism of the user interface.
- Since then, Apple Music has progressively matured into a legitimate competitor to Spotify, particularly in the United States, where it is the largest music streaming service in the world.
Spotify is still the most popular music streaming service in Europe and South America. We have gathered information and statistics about Apple Music. Continue reading for more information.
Apple Music key statistics
- ITunes and the iPod, as the hardware and software pair that pushed singles over albums and enabled users to store thousands of songs on a single device, were essential in transforming the music industry in the early 2000s. This looks archaic now, yet it was the predominant method of music listening for more than a decade. With the iPod, Apple established a significant lead over all rival music players, which was bolstered even further by the introduction of the iPhone in 2007. Apple, on the other hand, did not view music streaming as the next step in the growth of digital music, with CEO Steve Jobs adamantly opposing the practice. Instead, a tiny Swedish developer was able to expand for over a decade while facing little meaningful competition. By the time Apple Music was released, Spotify had already amassed 22 million users. Users with freemium accounts accounted for an additional 68 million users. Additionally, YouTube has a monopoly on music videos, which is another industry that Apple has yet to capture. This was the first clue that Apple was eager to experiment with music streaming when it purchased Beats Electronics for $3 billion. Beats Music was shuttered in June 2015, and Apple Music was released in July of same year, with several musicians stepping out to support the app and various radio stations hosting artists and DJs. Apple Music took off right away, garnering 11 million members in its first year, despite widespread criticism of its user interface. Apple Music underwent its first significant makeover a year after its initial release, which addressed many of the interface flaws that had been present. The Apple Music service has progressively evolved into a legitimate competitor to Spotify, particularly in the United States, where it is the largest music streaming service. Spotify is still the most popular music streaming service in Europe and South American. Apple Music has been the subject of extensive research and data collection. Find out more by continuing reading this article.
Apple Music overview
|Launch date||30 June 2015|
|People||Oliver Schusser (head of Apple Music), Brian Bumbery (director of publicity), Trent Reznor (creative officer)|
Apple Music revenue
Please keep in mind that Apple does not break out its revenue by product. According to estimates based on total worldwide streaming income, Apple Music’s share of the market, and comparisons to Spotify, this figure is conservative.
Apple services revenue
Apple does not disclose how much money it makes from Apple Music, as other competitors do. There are several factors that influence this estimate, including total worldwide streaming income, Apple Music’s percentage of the market, and comparisons to competitors like as Spotify.
Apple Music users
Please keep in mind that the numbers for 2020 and 2021 are estimates. Apple is the source of this information.
Apple Music vs competitors: pay per stream
|Music streaming service||Pay per stream|
BBC is the source of this information.
Apple Music vs Spotify: users
BBC is the source.
How many countries is Apple Music available in?
Apple Music is offered in 167 countries across the world.
What platforms does Apple Music support?
Apple’s MacOS, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, watchOS, CarPlay, HomePod, Windows, Android, Chrome OS, Amazon Echo, Sonos, and the web all run on Apple’s operating system.
More MusicAudio App Data
- In 2022, Pandora Music Revenue and Usage Statistics will be released, as will Spotify Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022), Clubhouse Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022), SoundCloud Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022), Music Streaming App Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022), and other music streaming statistics.