For access to Apple Music’s premium offerings, including Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio, Lyrics, Music Videos, and more, subscribers can easily switch to Apple Music’s individual plan for $9.99 per month or family plan with up to six accounts for $14.99 per month at any time.
What is the monthly cost of Apple Music?
- Apple Music offers a free 3-month trial for most new users. After that, here are the main pricing options: $9.99/month or $99/year for individuals $14.99/month for families (up to 6 users)
- 1 How much is a 1 year subscription to Apple Music?
- 2 Is Apple Music worth the cost?
- 3 Is Apple Music better than Spotify?
- 4 Is Apple Music free now?
- 5 Is Apple Music free on iPhone?
- 6 How can I get Apple Music cheaper?
- 7 What is the cheapest music subscription?
- 8 Is Apple Music really free for 3 months?
- 9 Is Apple Music or Spotify cheaper?
- 10 Which music subscription is best?
- 11 Which is the best music app?
- 12 Is Apple Music offline?
- 13 How do I get Apple music forever for free?
- 14 What is Apple music subscription?
- 15 Apple Music
- 16 Hear sound all around.
- 17 Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
- 18 Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
- 19 Choose the plan that’s right for you.
- 20 In case you missedanything.
- 21 Working with Apple Music.
- 22 Apple introduces the Apple Music Voice Plan
- 23 Apple Music pricing: Individual, family, and student plans, and how to save
- 24 How much does Apple Music cost?
- 25 How to pay less for Apple Music
- 26 The complete guide to Apple Music
- 27 Apple Music: Getting started
- 28 Moving to Apple Music from other streaming services
- 29 Music 101: Quality, compatibility, offline listening, and more
- 30 How Much Is Apple Music, and How Can You Get It for Free?
- 31 Apple Music plans
- 32 How Apple Music compares to the competition
- 33 What is Apple Music and how does it work?
- 34 What is Apple Music?
- 35 How much does Apple Music cost?
- 36 Do you need a subscription?
- 37 Which devices support Apple Music?
- 38 Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
- 39 Where is Apple Music available?
- 40 How do you navigate Apple Music?
- 41 How does Apple Music work?
- 42 What is Apple Music TV?
- 43 What are some tips and tricks?
- 44 Are there any alternatives?
How much is a 1 year subscription to Apple Music?
$9.99/month or $99/year for individuals. $14.99/month for families (up to 6 users) $4.99/month for college students. Included with Apple One bundles from $14.95.
Is Apple Music worth the cost?
While there’s certainly no shortage of great options for streaming music, Apple Music is more than worth consideration. It offers a larger selection of music than most of its competitors with 60 million songs. And it comes in at roughly the same price. This can be a great way to discover new music.
Is Apple Music better than Spotify?
After comparing these two streaming services, Apple Music is a better option than Spotify Premium simply because it currently offers high-resolution streaming. However, Spotify still has some major advantages like collaborative playlists, better social features, and more.
Is Apple Music free now?
Apple Music works beautifully on Apple devices, plus there’s an app for it across a range of platforms, including Android. Right now, new members can get their first six months of Apple Music for free from Best Buy.
Is Apple Music free on iPhone?
Change or cancel your Apple Music subscription If you’re not a subscriber, you can use Music to listen to music synced to iPhone from a Mac or a Windows PC, play and download previous iTunes Store purchases, and listen to Apple Music 1 for free.
How can I get Apple Music cheaper?
Apple Music has launched a new cheaper plan called the Apple Music Voice Plan. Apple Music usually costs $9.99 per month for individuals or $14.99 per month for families. A discounted plan for students is available at $4.99 per month.
What is the cheapest music subscription?
Amazon Music Unlimited
- Amazon Music Unlimited: $10 month ($8 with Prime) for ad-free streaming.
- Amazon Music Unlimited (Single Device): $4 a month for playback on one Echo or Fire TV device.
- Amazon Music Unlimited Family: $15 a month with support for six family members.
Is Apple Music really free for 3 months?
Before you do, though, don’t sleep on the fact that you can now get a three-month trial of it absolutely free! Apple Music has a great three-month trial to let you really explore its library and features without needing to pay.
Is Apple Music or Spotify cheaper?
Apple Music and Spotify cost the same (mostly) It costs $5 for students, $15 for an Apple Music family plan or $16 for a Spotify family plan. You can stream any song from the catalog on demand, plus listen to songs offline.
Which music subscription is best?
Best music streaming service for 2022
- Best music streaming service overall. Spotify. See at Spotify.
- Great for Apple fans and music lovers alike. Apple Music. See at Apple.
- Best for audiophiles. Qobuz. $13 at Qobuz.
- Best for compensating artists. Tidal. See at Tidal.
- Best for Prime Members. Amazon Music Unlimited. See at Amazon.
Which is the best music app?
The Best Music Apps for Android
- YouTube Music.
- Apple Music.
- Poweramp Music Player.
Is Apple Music offline?
Does apple music work offline? Yes! Apple Music allows you to download any track or album from its catalog and keep them offline on your device. Therefore, the easiest way to listen to Apple Music songs offline is to directly download the songs within the Apple Music app.
How do I get Apple music forever for free?
Method 1. Get 3 Months Free Apple Music [Trial Offer]
- Open the Apple Music app on iTunes.
- Click the trial offer then choose a subscription plan (Individual, Student, or Family subscription).
- Sign in with your existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID.
- Confirm your billing information and payment method.
What is Apple music subscription?
Apple Music: Getting started. What the heck is this thing? Apple Music combines subscription-based music streaming with global radio-like programming. The app is also available for Android phones, on many smart TVs, streaming boxes, and even game consoles. You can also access Apple Music on the web at music.apple.com.
- With compatible audio devices, you can get 6 months of Apple Music for free. Find out more.
Hear sound all around.
Take advantage of our three-month free trial. *Try it risk-free*
- Over 90 million songs and 30,000 playlists are available to play
- Take use of dynamic head tracking for sound that surrounds you in a spatial audio experience. 1st, download your favorite tunes from the internet. Play them when you’re not connected to the internet. By just asking Siri, you may listen to anything in the Apple Music collection. Get access to specially produced playlists and live radio
- Listen to music on all of your devices
* You may try it for free.
Listen and discover. In perfect harmony.
Spatial audio with Dolby Atmos allows you to hear sound all around you. 1As well as stunning resolution and lossless audio. 2With dynamic head tracking on AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max, you can enjoy even more immersive sound. 1 Simply request that Sirito play music by any artist, in any mood, or in any genre.
- Hey Siri, play exercise music
- Hey Siri, play J Balvin in the kitchen
- Hey Siri, play workout music
- Hey Siri, put on something relaxing
Sing along, tap forward, or just listen to the lyrics, which are always visible unless you turn them off in your device’s settings. With CarPlay, you can listen to your Apple Music collection while driving. With Listen Now, you can discover new music that you’ll enjoy based on what you’re already listening to. With curated and tailored playlists, you can get a taste of our editors’ favorite music. Music may be downloaded and streamed directly to your Apple Watch.
Playlists and chartsthat keep you in the mix.
We’ve introduced Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription service developed just for Siri that allows you to access any song, playlist, or radio station using only your voice – across all of your Apple devices. Simply say, “Hey Siri, start Apple Music Voice,” and you’ll be listening in no time. 4 Free trial of Apple Music Voice is available. You may try it for free.
Choose the plan that’s right for you.
The following features are available:VoiceStudent5/ IndividualStudent5IndividualFamily6
In case you missedanything.
- Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to listen to over 90 million songs on a single subscription plan. You may download your favorite tracks and play them offline, view lyrics in real time while listening on all your preferred devices, receive new music tailored just to you, listen to curated playlists created by our editors, and many more features. Additionally, there will be exclusive and original stuff to look forward to. 1
- Apple Music is already downloaded and ready to use on your iOS device — including your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and HomePod mini — and you can listen in your car or online at music.apple.com. Apple Music is also accessible on a variety of other devices, including Windows and Android smartphones and tablets, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, Google Nest, Smart TVs, and more. iPhone iPadWatch Apple TV is a streaming device that allows you to watch movies and television shows on your computer or mobile device. Mac HomePod CarPlay Smart TVs are televisions that are connected to the internet. Samsung LGGaming Consoles are a type of gaming console that is designed to play video games. A streaming service built for use with Siri, Apple Music Voice Plan allows you to access over 90 million songs using only your voice. It is available on the PlayStation 5 and Apple TV. Simply by asking, you may have any song, album, artist, or playlist requested. Personalized stations for every mood or activity, seamless listening across all of your favorite devices, curated playlists from our editors, new ways to use Siri with Apple Music that are customized for you, exclusive and original content, and more are all included. The Apple Music Voice Plan is simple to use
- All you have to do is ask Siri to play some music to get started. The app allows you to subscribe within it, and you may listen to the content simply by making a voice request on any Siri-enabled device
- Yes You can take use of all of the advantages of Apple Music with Siri if you have a device that supports Siri and an Apple Music subscription. All plans also include Type to Siri functionality
- However, the plan you pick will determine which features are available. (1) After a three-month trial period, the Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month after that. Student can subscribe to the Apple Music Student Plan, which costs $4.99 per month. (3) After a three-month free trial period, an individual monthly subscription costs just $9.99 per month after that. Fourteen dollars a month gets you the Apple Music Family Plan, which lets you share your membership with up to five people while also providing each member with their own personal account on the service. (5) In addition, the Apple Music Individual Plan and the Apple Music Family Plan are included in Apple One, which allows you to bundle up to five different Apple services into a single monthly membership at a discounted price. The Apple One service is available for $14.95 a month, and Dolby Atmos is a cutting-edge audio technology that immerses you in a truly immersive listening experience. In contrast to stereo music, which is restricted to the left and right channels, music generated in Dolby Atmos is not limited to the left and right channels, allowing artists to position individual sounds all around you. Each instrument’s loudness, size and brightness may also be adjusted by the artist to show finer elements in the song
- Apple Audio users who use the current version of Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones. Whenever Dolby Atmos music is available for a song and you are listening with compatible Apple or Beats headphones, Dolby Atmos music is played back automatically. In order to use different headphones, go to SettingsMusicAudio and turn Dolby Atmos on all of the time. Music in Dolby Atmos format may also be heard through the built-in speakers of a compatible iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac, or by connecting your Apple TV 4K to one of the following devices : The HomePod speakers that have been set up as the default speakers, a Dolby Atmos compliant sound bar, an AV receiver that supports Dolby Atmos, or a television that supports Dolby Atmos audio are all options. Please visit the following link for a complete list of supported devices. Dolby Atmos is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- Lossless audio compression decreases the size of a song’s original file size while retaining all of the information contained within it. Apple Music is making its full collection of more than 90 million songs available in lossless audio at a variety of various formats, including high definition. 2 If you’re referring to lossless audio via Apple Music, the term “Lossless” means lossless music up to 48kHz, while the term “Hi-Res Lossless” means lossless audio from 48kHz to 192kHz. Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless files are extremely huge and take up a significant amount of bandwidth and storage space compared to regular AAC files. Lossless audio is not accessible with the Apple Music Voice Plan
- However, you may listen to lossless music on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV by using the most recent version of the Apple Music app. Lossless audio may be enabled in the SettingsMusicAudio Quality section. For cellular or Wi-Fi connections, you can select between Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless compression. It should be noted that Hi-Res Lossless requires additional equipment, such as a USB digital to analog converter. Yes. With an Apple Music Family Plan, up to six individuals in the family may take advantage of all of Apple Music’s services as well as its entire repertoire of music. In order to get started, just set up Family Sharing on your iOS or iPadOS device as well as your Android phone or Mac and invite family members to join
- Students have access to all of the same Apple Music features and advantages as individual users. Student membership price is available for up to four years once your college or institution verifies your status as a student. You may use this discount for as long as you are a student. When your membership expires after four years, you will be re-enrolled at the individual member rate. Apple Music contains no advertisements, and your iTunes collection remains intact. You may access your full collection through Apple Music or iTunes for macOS or Windows
- New users can get six months of Apple Music for free when they purchase a compatible audio device from the company. Check to see if your iPhone or iPad is running the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS before continuing. Once your audio device is connected to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to activate your Apple Music trial account. After the first activation of the qualifying gadget, you will have three months to redeem the offer.
Working with Apple Music.
Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to listen to over 90 million songs on a single subscription. You may download your favorite tracks and play them offline, view lyrics in real time while listening on all your preferred devices, receive new music tailored just to you, listen to curated playlists produced by our editors, and many more features are available. Additionally, there will be exclusive and original stuff to watch and enjoy. 1 ; Apple Music is already downloaded and ready to use on your iOS device — including your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and HomePod mini — and you can listen in your car or online at music.apple.com.
- Apple Music is available for free on the iTunes Store.
- Apple TV is available in a variety of languages.
- Samsung LGGaming Consoles are a type of gaming console that is designed to play games on an LG television set.
- Simply asking for a certain song, album, artist, or playlist will result in the request being fulfilled automatically.
- Simply asking Siri to play some music will get you started with the Apple Music Voice Plan.
- You can take use of all of the capabilities of Apple Music with Siri if you have a device that supports Siri and an Apple Music subscription plan of any type.
- (1) After a three-month trial period, the Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month.
Following the three-month free trial period, an individual monthly subscription costs only $9.99 per month.
Five (5) Both the Apple Music Individual Plan and the Apple Music Family Plan are also available in Apple One, which allows you to combine up to five different Apple services into a single monthly membership for a discounted price.
Instead of being restricted to the left and right channels, music made in Dolby Atmos is not restricted to those channels, enabling artists to place unique sounds all around you.
Apple Audio customers who use the current version of Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones.
For other headphones, go to SettingsMusicAudio and turn Dolby Atmos on in the Always On section of the settings menu.
Please visit the following link for a comprehensive list of supported devices: With the Apple Music Voice Plan, you will not be able to access Dolby Atmos; lossless audio compression, on the other hand, decreases the original file size of a song while maintaining 100% of the data.
2 Lossless audio up to 48kHz is referred to as “Lossless,” while “Hi-Res Lossless” audio is referred to as lossless audio from 48kHz to 192kHz.
However, you may listen to lossless audio using the current Apple Music app on an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV if you have an Apple Music Voice Plan.
Lossless audio may be enabled under the SettingsMusicAudio Quality section of the interface.
Remember that Hi-Res Lossless requires additional equipment, such as a USB digital to analog converter.
Up to six members of the same family can subscribe to an Apple Music Family Plan, granting them access to all of the features and the entire Apple Music collection.
Students have access to the same Apple Music features and advantages as individual Apple Music users.
Upon expiration of your membership, you will be charged the individual member rate for the next four years.
With Apple Music or iTunes for macOS or Windows, you can access your complete library.
Check to see if your iPhone or iPad is running the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS before proceeding.
Once your audio device is connected to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to activate your Apple Music trial. The offer will be valid for three months after the first activation of the qualifying device is completed;
- Apple Music for Artists
- Apple Performance Partners Program
- Apple Music for Publishers
Apple introduces the Apple Music Voice Plan
RELEASE TO THE PRESSOctober 18, 2021 The unique music experience, which was created particularly for Siri, is available for only $4.99 per month. The Apple Music Voice Plan, which is built around the capabilities of Siri, will be available in 17 countries and regions starting this autumn, according to Apple. The city of Cupertino, California, is home to the Intel Corporation. Apple today unveiled the Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription tier for Apple Music that is meant to take advantage of Siri’s voice-activated capabilities.
- “Apple Music and Siri are natural partners, and they already operate flawlessly together,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats.
- A user may join up for the Apple Music Voice Plan either by voice command (saying “Hey Siri, start my Apple Music Voice trial”) or by downloading and installing the Apple Music app on their device.
- Aside from that, Apple Music is introducing hundreds of new mood and activity playlists, which have been crafted by Apple Music’s editorial specialists and have been specifically optimized for voice.
- These new playlists are accessible to all Apple Music subscribers, regardless of their subscription, and they make using Apple Music, in conjunction with Siri, even more enjoyable.
- Initially available in 17 countries and regions, the Apple Music Voice Plan will be made available later this fall in 17 countries and regions.
- The Apple Music Voice Plan will be made available later this fall in 17 countries and regions.
- There will also be a dedicated section within the app called “Just Ask Siri” where subscribers will be able to learn how to customize Siri to work best with Apple Music.
Pricing and Availability are important considerations.
- The new Apple Music Voice Plan, which will cost $4.99 (US) a month, will be available in select countries and regions later this fall.
- Siri provides access to Apple Music’s global database of over 90 million songs, which includes songs from other countries.
- Subscribers have complete control over their playback, including unlimited song skipping using Siri.
- In addition to hundreds of fresh new stations and playlists for every mood and activity, the Apple Music Voice Plan also includes voice requests for hundreds of existing stations and playlists.
- The Apple Music Voice Plan is accessible across all of a subscriber’s Siri-enabled devices and features, including their HomePod mini, AirPods, CarPlay-enabled devices and features, their iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac.
- Customers who request music through Siri will receive a one-time, seven-day free preview with no auto-renewal
- Nevertheless, they will not be charged for the preview.
Apple Music pricing: Individual, family, and student plans, and how to save
Are you thinking about joining up for Apple Music for the first time, or are you thinking about returning to the service? Follow along as we dissect how muchApple Musiccosts, including information on the family plan, student discount, carrier offers, Apple One bundles, and ways to save money on the subscription service. Update on May 17: Apple Music is becoming an even better value with the addition of Spatial Audio and Lossless support, which will be available for no additional charge in June.
Users may stream albums and tracks to their devices, as well as download them to their devices for offline playing on devices like as iPhones, iPads, Macs, Apple Watches, and other similar devices.
When it comes to individuals who are already invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple Music is particularly enticing thanks to excellent Siri support, the ability to track what friends are listening to, and a seamless HomePod/mini experience.
- Apple Music is offering lossless streaming to its full repertoire at no additional cost, as well as Dolby Atmos spatial audio capabilities. More information about Apple Music Lossless, including iOS 14.6, HomePod compatibility, and compatible headphones
When looking for a program to assist you in transferring your songs, albums, playlists and other media to Apple Music, SongShift and FreeYourMusicare both excellent choices. Additionally, we’ll look at other methods to save money with Apple Music, in addition to the various plan rates shown below.
How much does Apple Music cost?
Apple Music offers a free three-month trial period to the majority of new consumers. Following that, the following are the primary pricing options:
- Individuals pay $9.99 per month or $99 per year
- Families pay $14.99 per month (up to 6 users)
- College students pay $4.99 per month
- Included with Apple One bundles starting at $14.95
The following is a list of the features that are included with each plan:
How to pay less for Apple Music
Purchasing discounted iTunes gift cards in the past was a smart method to save money on services such as Apple Music and other subscriptions. Finding inexpensive gift cards, on the other hand, has become more difficult since Apple launched unified gift cards. However, you may keep a watch on 9to5Toys to see if any new ones appear. Here are some additional suggestions for saving money on Apple Music:
- In the event that you subscribe to numerous Apple services, purchasing anApple One bundle can save you anywhere from $6 to $25 per month (for more information, see our full analysis here). Apple Music is included at no additional cost with some Verizon unlimited plans (check with Verizon for more information). The following information is for students who wish to receive a 50 percent discount: If you choose a basic plan, paying annually will save you $20 ($99 against $119 if you pay monthly)
- If you choose a premium plan, paying yearly will save you $20 ($99 versus $119 if you pay monthly)
- Consider purchasing a family plan and taking advantage of Family Sharing
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- In the event that you subscribe to numerous Apple services, purchasing anApple One bundle can save you anywhere from $6 to $25 per month (see our complete analysis here for more information). A few of Verizon’s unlimited plans provide free Apple Music subscriptions (for more information, contact the carrier directly). The following information is for students who want to save 50 percent. In the case of a regular plan, paying annually will save you $20 ($99 compared to $119 if you pay monthly)
- If you choose the deluxe plan, paying yearly will save you $20 ($99 compared to $119 if you pay monthly)
- It may be worthwhile to get a family plan and utilize Family Sharing.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
The complete guide to Apple Music
When Apple introduced the iTunes Store in 2003, it was the company that single-handedly flipped the digital music sector on its head. It has now grown into Apple Music, which is a music streaming service that competes with services such as Spotify, Tidal, and other similar services. Whatever your level of Apple Music experience, whether you’re new to the service or have been a member since the beginning, there’s a lot to learn—especially if you’re thinking about switching from another provider.
Apple Music: Getting started
What the hell is this contraption? Apple Music blends subscription-based music streaming with programming that is similar to that of a worldwide radio station. The service is available to customers on a “all you can eat” basis: By paying one low monthly charge, users have access to Apple Music’s huge 90-million-song catalog. All new iPhones, iPads, iPod touches, and Macs come pre-installed with the Music app, which is the interface via which you access the service. The app is also accessible for Android phones, as well as for a wide range of smart TVs, streaming boxes, and gaming consoles.
- Why is Apple Music different from the iTunes Store?
- In no way, shape, or form.
- A distinct iTunes Store application is available for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, in addition to the Music app.
- The iTunes Store has been moved to a part of the Songs app, where you may still purchase music.
- What is Apple Music, and how does it differ from the iTunes Store in terms of purchasing music?
- You pay a one-time charge to gain access to Apple Music’s complete repertoire, but you do not really own any of the music you listen to on the service.
- In the same way that every other media streaming subscription service, whether it’s a music-only service like Spotify or Tidal, a TV service like Hulu, or a movie/TV combo service like Netflix or HBO Now, works, Apple Music works as well.
No, not at all.
You can access your complete iTunes collection from within Apple Music by selecting the My Music tab from the Apple Music menu bar (think of your iTunes library now as your music library).
If you already purchased TV series and movies through iTunes, you will be able to access them through the TV app.
However, Apple places a strong focus on Apple Music’s radio stations and its carefully crafted playlists, even though the idea and virtually all of the music are the same.
Songs, pop culture news, and conversations with artists are all delivered through a carefully chosen collection.
Speaking of curating, Apple Music also provides personalized suggestions based on your preferences, taking into account the music you enjoy and recommending additional artists and playlists for you to listen to.
These may be found under the For You area of the app—but first, you’ll need to set it up by following the instructions to choose the genres and musicians that interest you.
Using this, you can get started with the curating of the music that the service feeds into your account.
Oh, and you can also view music videos without being interrupted by advertisements, as well as Apple’s unique original content.
Using the Connect platform, artists were able to share exclusive content with their audience.
Apple, on the other hand, terminated the Connectservice.
Apple Music is available for $9.99 per month, or $14.99 per month for a family membership that includes up to six individuals (which requiresiCloud Family Sharing).
In conjunction with iOS 15.2 and macOS 12.1 came the introduction of a newApple Music Voice plan, which offered restricted functionality at $4.99.
If you cancel during the trial period, you will not be eligible for a subsequent free trial period.
Is there a free, ad-supported version of this software?
The option to listen to Apple Music radio stations with a limited number of skips will be available to anybody who logs in with an Apple ID, and this includes Beats 1, which will be available to anyone who checks in with an Apple ID.
What devices am I able to utilize this with?
On top of that, it’s also available on the Mac and PC (through iTunes 12.2 or later, or through the Music app beginning with macOS Catalina), Apple TV (running tvOS 9 or later), and Apple Watch.
It is possible to access Apple Music on a number of smart TVs and streaming devices, as well as on various gaming consoles.
Wait a minute, did you just say Android?
Android users may join up for Apple Music and have access to the whole collection, but they will lose out on the full range of services available to iOS users (like voice commands).
Is it compatible with Apple AirPlay?
Almost every song and music video has an AirPlay button next to it, which you can use to broadcast the music to any device you wish.
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries across the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Brazil, and India, among others.
What is Apple Music Voice, and how does it work?
You may use your voice to request any song, album, or artist, as well as any of the hundreds of Apple-curated playlists available for download.
As a result, you have access to the whole song collection, but you are unable to create your own playlists, use Spatial Audio or Lossless Audio, see lyrics, or download songs to your library for playing when you are offline.
Moving to Apple Music from other streaming services
I subscribe to iTunes Match on a regular basis. Is it still necessary to have iTunes Match if I subscribe to Apple Music in order to maintain my whole music library in one place? Because iTunes Match and Apple Music are two totally different services, it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to maintain your existing iTunes Match account after the transition. If you have a large number of rare tunes and other items in your own music library that you can’t obtain through Apple Music, you may want to consider retaining both Apple Music and Spotify memberships.
- Apple continues to offeriTunes Match, a service that allows you to store the music that you own in the cloud using your Apple ID.
- Over the course of several years, I refined my playlists on both Spotify and iTunes.
- When you create an Apple Music account, all of your iTunes playlists, as well as the rest of your iTunes collection, will be immediately imported.
- There is currently no simple method to import your existing playlists into Apple Music.
Music 101: Quality, compatibility, offline listening, and more
I’m a subscriber to the Apple Music service. Is it still necessary to have iTunes Match if I subscribe to Apple Music in order to maintain my whole music library in sync with my device? Because iTunes Match and Apple Music are two totally different services, it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to maintain your iTunes Match subscription. If you have a large number of rare tunes and other items in your own music library that you cannot access through Apple Music, you may want to consider having both subscriptions.
- Itunes Match, a service that allows you to save the music that you own in iCloud, is still available through Apple.
- On Spotify and iTunes, I’ve spent years refining my playlists.
- Whenever you sign up for an Apple Music account, your iTunes playlists and the rest of your iTunes collection will be immediately synchronized.
- In Apple Music, there is currently no straightforward method of importing your playlists.
- Tap on the song listing at the bottom of the screen, but above the control panel, when you’re listening to Beats 1 or another Apple Music radio station. A song panel should fill the screen, including cover art, the song and artist names, and player controls. A task list should display once you click on the three-dot button next to the song and artist names. “Add to a Playlist” is one of the tasks to be completed. Select that option, and a list of your playlists will be displayed. Select the one to which you wish to add the music by tapping it. To confirm that the activity was completed, you’ll receive a pop-up message that says “Added to Playlist.”
As a result, if you navigate to the LibraryPlaylists playlist, the music should be there. Mac:
- Right-click a song in the currently playing section at the top of the Music app when listening to Apple Music 1, or another Apple Music radio station, and select “Save target as.” Alternatively, position your mouse over the song title in the currently playing area and then click on the three-dot button that appears
- There will be a pop-up menu shown. SelectAdd to Playlist from the drop-down menu
- A list of your playlists will be shown. The playlist to which you wish to add the music should be selected, or you may choose New Playlist to create a new playlist from scratch. When you click on the song, an alert will display at the bottom of the Music sidebar, informing you that it has been added to your playlist.
That’s all there is to it. After selecting the playlist from the sidebar, you should be able to see that the music has been included. Is there a restriction on the amount of songs that may be included in a playlist? We’re not aware of anything like that! Remove from the equation. What is the best way to tell it which songs you don’t like? When listening to a playlist or radio station, you have the option of skipping any songs that you don’t like for (except for inApple Music 1, which is live).
- For example, you can express your dissatisfaction by selecting “Suggest less like this” from the three-dot menu (.).
- This used to be fairly hard, but Apple has recently made it much simpler—all you have to do now is tap or click on the name of the artist.
- As soon as they are added, they are instantly added to the Library page, where you may arrange your collection alphabetically by artist, album, and song title.
- Scroll down to find the songs you’ve recently added to your collection.
- It all boils down to the agreements that Apple has reached with various artists and record companies over the years.
- What do you think of podcasts?
- Is it possible to get Apple Music over the web?
- Navigate to music.apple.com using your web browser.
- You can use the online interface in a similar fashion to the Music app on your Mac, and it’s a convenient method to access your music when you’re not using one of your own devices.
- In order to avoid having my credit card charged by Apple, I need to terminate my free trial membership.
- Please keep in mind that if you make a purchase after clicking on links in our articles, we may receive a small fee.
How Much Is Apple Music, and How Can You Get It for Free?
It’s only natural for iPhone or MacBook owners to be interested in learning more about Apple Music. Apple Music might appear a little strange when compared to other music streaming services such as Spotify or Pandora. There are some limited-time “free” choices available, as well as a free trial to try out Apple Music, but if you use the service for an extended period of time, you will be required to pay. Anyone who signs up for the service will be required to pay a monthly charge in order to access it.
This cost may be well worth it for the appropriate purchasers, especially considering that Apple Music provides live radio broadcasts and unique exclusives. Let’s take a deeper look at what’s going on.
Apple Music plans
Please keep in mind that each subscription level includes access to the same catalog of ad-free material, offline listening, Apple Music 1 live and on-demand radio programs, and exclusive releases as the previous plan. You can stream more than 90 million songs (all of which are now available in lossless audio for no additional charge) ad-free after signing up, and you’ll also have access to special playlists and live radio that you can listen to across all of your devices. The Family membership (more on that later) is the most significant distinction, as it allows you to create up to six individual accounts under a subscription that is invoiced as a single flat charge each month, regardless of how many people you add on.
Apple Music Individual — $10
To restate, Apple Music does not offer a free plan; thus, if you’re searching for the most basic method to get your foot in the door — or if you don’t qualify for any of the savings listed below — you’ll need to sign up for an Individual membership, which costs $10 per month. Apple is also offering users the opportunity to pay for a year’s worth of service in advance for $99 — a $21 savings — which isn’t too shabby if you want to lock people into their service. However, you should constantly compare the price of your membership to other options (we talk more about this below with our Spotify comparisons).
Apple Music Student Subscription — $5
Apple Music, like Spotify, gives all students (with a verified student email address from a recognized educational institution) a half-price Apple Music membership for the duration of their studies. If arithmetic isn’t your strong suit, this reduces the monthly subscription expense to a manageable $5 per month instead. For the time being, the offer is only open to college students who are currently enrolled.
Apple Music Family Subscription — $15
Interested in purchasing an Apple Music subscription for your family of up to six people? For $15 per month, you can have access to the Apple Music Family plan. This equates to a total savings of $5 a month for two family members, $15 for three, $25 for four, $35 for five, and $45 for six family members, depending on the size of the family.
Apple Music Voice — $5
The Voice Plan, which was introduced in the autumn of 2021, provided an interesting option to other Apple Music subscriptions: It’s a reasonable $5 a month, but it’s audio-only, and we mean that in the most literal sense. Because it can only be activated and controlled by Siri, it is only accessible on smartphones that have Siri built in (primarily just Apple devices). Despite the fact that Voice will have access to all of Apple Music’s audio tracks, it will not have the capability of playing videos or searching for lyrics on the service.
In turn, this plan is an excellent fit for people who are more casual and who listen to a lot of music through their HomePods, AirPods, or CarPlay devices. It also gives you access to all of Apple Music’s playlists, and it allows you to customize your experience depending on your tastes over time.
Apple Music with Verizon
The good news for Verizon Unlimited customers is that you are eligible for a free Apple Music membership if you meet the requirements. Absolutely nothing per month is required in order to obtain a six-month Individual membership for the bargain price of zero dollars per month. Currently, in order to be eligible for the free six months, you must be enrolled in either the Play More or the Get More Unlimited plans offered by Verizon Wireless. Like a membership purchased straight from Apple, you will have access to the Apple Music collection, the ability to download music for offline listening, and the ability to stream your favorite songs via 5G, 4G LTE, and Wi-Fi.
Apple Music with discounted Apple gift cards
The good news for Verizon Unlimited customers is that you are eligible for a free Apple Music subscription if you meet the eligibility requirements. Absolutely nothing per month is required in order to obtain a six-month Individual membership at the discounted rate of $0.00 per month. In order to be eligible for the free six months, you must be signed up for either the Play More or the Get More Unlimited plan through Verizon at the time of application. As with an Apple Music membership, you will have access to the Apple Music collection, the ability to download music for offline playing, and the ability to stream your favorite songs via 5G, 4G LTE, or Wi-Fi.
Apple Music free deals for new buyers
In the event that you are a first-time Apple Music subscriber, you should look for promotions that offer you free months in exchange for signing up as a new user or purchasing certain goods, for example. These transactions can change over time, but some of the more notable recent examples are as follows:
- Best Buy is now giving a promotion for three free months of Apple Music, which new users will be eligible for when they sign up for the service. This deal may be obtained with merely a Best Buy account
- Apple also continues to give free memberships for new customers of certain items, such as Macs or iPhones, as they did with Apple TV+ when it first became available
- And Purchase of newer Apple brand headphones — such as AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or Beats — entitles new customers to six months of free Apple Music service after signing up for the service. It is not possible to redeem older versions, like as the first-generation AirPods and select Beats devices.
How Apple Music compares to the competition
Spotify not only has a significant advantage over Apple Music in terms of worldwide coverage, but it has also just taken the lead over Apple Music in terms of paying customers, with 44.7 million paying members to Apple’s 37 million. Apple, on the other hand, is far from being a slacker, delivering 90 million songs, 30,000 playlists, and best-in-class human-run radio stations, among other unique material, earning it a large fan following in the United States and throughout the world.
Music and podcast selection
Spotify outperforms Apple when it comes to increased music-discovery capabilities, but its music catalog is rather more restricted in comparison (although that difference is narrowing). Many music enthusiasts who enjoy a variety of genres may welcome Apple Songs’s larger selection of music. Instead of exclusive releases and live radio stations, Spotify has more popular podcasts and has been pushing human-curated playlist material to compete with Apple’s live radio stations. Both sites also allow you to download any streaming music to your computer so that you may listen to it later.
When you tell Siri to “Play more like this,” Apple has also improved the assistant’s capabilities even more.
If free is your jam
However, at the present, there are some significant differences between the two leading competitors. First and foremost, Spotify continues to be the only service that offers a free version that lets users to listen to on-demand tunes (with some restrictions on mobile devices, but none on desktop) in return for advertisements. In the event that you do not wish to pay anything for your music service, this is a simple option to choose from. The voice-only option on Apple Music is now the most affordable choice, while reports suggest that Spotify is working on its own low-cost alternative for a similar service in the future.
Second, if audio format and quality are crucial to you, Apple is unquestionably the leader in the field: As part of the iOS 14 launch, the business had already made a selection of tunes available in its spatial audio format, which was previously unreleased (which pairs perfectly with the AirPods Max headphones). Although Apple Music plans to provide spatial audio with support for Dolby Atmos Music in the spring of 2020, the company has already revealed lossless audio throughout its full collection of more than 90 million songs.
- In 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was nowhere to be found. Is the year 2022 going to be any different? The greatest free music applications available for iOS and Android devices. This Christmas season, Delta Airlines is offering complimentary Spotify streaming services. The best in-ear headphones for 2022
- Spotify now has a Netflix hub, allowing you to listen to the soothing sounds of Squid Game while you work.
What is Apple Music and how does it work?
According to Pocket-lint, Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming service similar to Spotify, which provides access to more than 90 million songs for a monthly membership fee. It’s jam-packed with features, like offline listening for when you’re not connected, and it consolidates all of your music into an one location – including tracks that have been copied directly from CDs. Apple Music also includes live radio stations, as well as connectivity with Siri, allowing you to operate the majority of your devices with voice commands.
squirrel widget 4443206 With this Curve card, you may accumulate rewards and advantages on all of your current credit cards.
Every time you make a payment, this ingenious technique will save you time and effort.
What is Apple Music?
Having acquired Beats Electronics in 2014, which featured the now-discontinued Beats Music subscription service, Apple launched Apple Music in 2015. It is the company’s first music streaming service. Apple Music not only allows you to stream on-demand any track from the iTunes catalogue, but it also allows you to access all of your music in one place across all of your devices, whether it was purchased from iTunes, copied from a CD, or downloaded from the web. Apple Music is available for both iOS and macOS devices.
Apple Music is available on Apple devices.
How much does Apple Music cost?
When you join up for the free trial, Apple Music is accessible for three months free of charge. After that, you may choose from three different subscription options, with a fourth plan on the way. Individual plans are available for £9.99 or $9.99 per month. A Family plan, which can accommodate up to six people, is available for £14.99 or $14.99 per month, which is less expensive than Spotify’s counterpart. The University Student plan, which costs £4.99/$4.99 a month, is the third option available.
TheApple One package, which is described in further detail below, is also worth mentioning since it will save you money if you subscribe to various Apple services.
- Following the free trial period, Apple Music is available in three different pricing tiers, with a fourth tier scheduled to launch in the near future. It costs £9.99 (or $9.99) a month for an Individual plan. It costs £14.99 or $14.99 a month for a Family plan, which can accommodate up to six people – which is less than the cost of a Spotify subscription. For £4.99/$4.99 per month, you can subscribe to the University Student plan, the third of the three plans. You may access Apple Music through speech and Siri on your devices with the Voice plan, which will cost £4.99/$4.99 a month and be available in the coming months. If you use numerous Apple services, it’s worth noting that you can save money by purchasing theApple One package, which is described further below.
Squirrel widget 4443206
Apple One bundle
Apple One, the company’s services package that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and Fitness+, will arrive in October 2020 and will be known as Apple One. It enables you to subscribe to Apple Music through one of three distinct Apple One package tiers: Individual, Family, or Premier, depending on your needs. Individual and Family plans from Apple One are available in over 100 countries and territories, including the United States and the United Kingdom. The Premier plan was also released, however it was only available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
- You can subscribe to Apple Music for £14.95/$14.95 per month, and you’ll also receive access to Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage. Family: For £14.95/$19.95 per month, you may subscribe to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for up to six members of your family. In addition to the aforementioned features, Premier includes an increase in iCloud storage capacity from 1GB to 2TB per month, as well as additional subscriptions to News+ magazine and newspaper services and the Fitness+ service for £29.95/$29.95 per month.
First-time customers can subscribe to Apple One by following the procedures outlined below:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Click on the General tab. Navigate to yournameat the top of the Settings page
- Make a selection from theSubscriptionsmenu. Choose Get Apple One from the drop-down menu. Select theApple One tier that you like
- Start a free trial by selectingStart a free trial.
If you currently have an Apple subscription, such as to Apple Music, you will get a pro-rated refund for the number of days remaining on your existing Apple Music membership (s). To learn more about Apple One, please see our guide to the device.
Do you need a subscription?
Unless you have a paid membership, you may still listen to music that has been purchased, ripped, or transferred to your device. However, you will not be able to take advantage of all of the benefits that Apple Music has to offer, including offline listening. In the case of people who have iTunes Match, they will be able to utilize Apple Music to listen to any music they have uploaded to iCloud without the need for a membership to Apple Music. You’ll also be able to listen to Apple Music 1 as well as Apple stations that are sponsored by advertisements.
You’ll have unlimited skips for Apple Music radio stations, unlimited listening for the full Apple Music catalogue, and access to your previously purchased and ripped music collection with this subscription.
Which devices support Apple Music?
Apple Music may be accessed with the use of the following devices:
- IOS devices: Update to the most recent iOS version and activate the Music app
- Android devices: A linked iPhone (iPhone 5 or later) can send an update to the Apple Watch. It is now possible to use the Apple TV-Default Music app on the new Apple TV box. iTunes on the Mac should be updated to the most recent version and launched. Using a computer, update to the most recent version of iTunes and launch it. HomePod- The smart speaker is pre-loaded with Apple Music
- It is also compatible with other streaming services. Android users should download the app from Google Play and start it. Sonos-Download and open the Sonos application.
Upgrades to the most recent version of iTunes are required for both Mac and PC users, and may be completed by visiting this Apple support website. Meanwhile, Android users may visit this help page to learn more about how to get Apple Music up and running on their devices.
Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
Music from your Apple Music library can be synced to your Apple Watch in the same way that a playlist is synced. All of the music is kept locally on the Apple Watch.
Where is Apple Music available?
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom. You can see the entire list by clicking here.
Once you have downloaded and signed up for the Apple Music app, you will be taken through a music-tailoring process that will ask you to choose music genres you enjoy and dislike, followed by musicians you enjoy and detest, among other things. The Listen Now screen will be displayed when you’ve completed the straightforward procedure of getting started. Pocket-lint The Apple Music app has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen that allows you to navigate and see the portion of the app you are currently in.
- Based on your stated preferences, your listening habits, and the music you have in your possession, we’ve created a personalized recommendation for you.
- From there, you’ll get a slew of options on the screen, including genre-specific playlists, albums, and guest playlists created by artists, among other things.
- Browse:An editorially chosen selection of music from throughout the service is available for you to browse.
- You may also sort these fresh curation by genre if you choose.
- Pocket-lint Radio: This is the home of Apple Music 1, the 24-hour, worldwide-broadcast radio station.
- Below that, you’ll find Pandora-like stations, as well as the classic iTunes Radio channels, among other things.
- Apple Music Library: This is a place where you can navigate through all of your music, whether it’s through iTunes, a CD, or any of the streamable tracks available through Apple Music.
- This page may be customized to your liking.
You may even search by lyrics, in which case you only need to type a few phrases from a song you like and it will automatically discover it for you. It will also inform you of what is currently popular in this sector.
How does Apple Music work?
Apple Music has a number of built-in features, controls, and customization choices. Here are a few of the most important ones to keep in mind: Pocket-lint Play some music: To have a miniplayer appear at the bottom of the screen, tap on any play button on the playlist, or on an individual song or album to see it display on the screen. Select a song from the Now Playing screen to access its controls, which include the option to download it for offline listening, skip it, play next, like it or dislike it, share it via AirPlay or other means, add it to your library, establish a station, and see the lyrics.
Make use of Siri: In addition, you can ask Siri to “play the top songs from 2021,” “play more songs like this,” “add the new Drake album to my library,” “play all Drake songs” (to listen to all of Drake’s music, even if it isn’t in your library), and “play my Drake music” (to listen to Drake’s songs that you have saved to your library) among other things.
- There will also be a new selection of playlists available that can be managed by Siri in the near future.
- Search: To search for genres, songs, albums, and artists, use the magnifying glass button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Using the search term Drake, you will receive the most relevant results, including top results for Drake songs, albums, playlists, artists, and radio stations.
- Pocket-lint Create a library: Hit the “+” button to add an album or playlist to your library after searching for an artist, such as Drake.
- When you press on the three dots, you’ll also see a “Download” option, which allows you to listen to the music when not connected to the internet.
- Adding songs and albums to a playlist is as simple as touching the three-dot (more choices) button on the Now Playing screen and selecting Add to a Playlist from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Additionally, on the Library page, you’ll find options to filter all of your playlists and create new ones under the Playlists section.
Music to share: Selecting the share button on any song or playlist in the three dots menu will allow you to send the link to a friend on Facebook or Twitter, send it in an email, or copy the URL.
The radio tab will not only display what is now playing on the radio, but it will also provide a schedule of forthcoming events and DJs in the section below.
If you’re going to be out of range, it’s a good idea to have one.
There are no restrictions on what you can store offline or how long you may keep it offline.
Your login credentials are as follows: When you click on the Listen Now tab, you will see a profile symbol in the top right corner.
To access account-related options, such as seeing what your friends are listening to, upgrading your membership, and managing alerts, tap it on the home screen. Pocket-lint
What is Apple Music TV?
Apple Music comes with a number of built-in features, controls, and choices. Some of the most important are as follows: Pocket-lint Music should be played. A miniplayer will display at the bottom of the screen when you press any play button on a playlist or on an individual song or album. Select a song from the Now Playing screen to access its controls, which include the option to download it for offline listening, skip it, play next, like it or dislike it, share it via AirPlay or other means, add it to your library, establish a station, and see its lyrics.
Make use of Siri by typing the following into your phone’s voice-activated search bar: In addition, you can ask Siri to “play the top songs from 2021,” “play more songs like this,” “add the new Drake album to my library,” “play all Drake songs” (to listen to all of Drake’s music, even if it isn’t already in your library), and “play my Drake music” (to listen to Drake’s songs that you have saved to your library) among other things.
- If you have an album or playlist, you may also ask Siri to shuffle the songs in it.
- If you want to do this, you could, for example, ask Siri to prepare music for a dinner party.
- Apple Music and your own music are both included in the search results list.
- The “Your Library” option is located at the top of the page and will display results from your own music collection.
- Hit the “+” button to add an album or playlist to your library after searching for an artist, such as Drake.
- Additionally, when you press on the three dots, you will be given the option to “Download” the song, which will allow you to listen to it offline.
- Adding songs and albums to a playlist is as simple as touching the three-dot (more choices) button on the Now Playing screen and selecting Add to a Playlist from the drop-down menu.
On the Library screen, you will also find options to filter all of your playlists and create new ones under the Playlists section.
Music that you may share is.
Pocket-lint Apple Music 1 is available for listening.
There will be a calendar of forthcoming performances and DJs shown underneath the radio tab, which will not only show you what’s now playing but also what’s coming up in the future.
If you’re going to be out of range, it’s a good idea to bring anything with.
Whatever you want to keep offline and for whatever long you want to keep it is completely up to you.
Your user name and password are as follows.
When you click on the Listen Now tab, you will see a profile symbol in the upper right corner. To access account-related options, such as seeing what your friends are listening to, upgrading your membership, and managing notifications, tap it on the top right corner. Pocket-lint
What are some tips and tricks?
Check out Pocket-collection lint’s of usefulApple Music tips and techniques that everyone should know.
Are there any alternatives?
Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer, and Tidal are just a few of the readily available choices. Each of these services allows you to not only stream music but also continue listening while you’re not connected to the internet. However, you’ll need to pay a monthly fee to have access to offline listening as well as other premium features. You may learn more about all of these services by reading the Pocket-lint round-ups that are included below:
- Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer, and Tidal are just a few of the well-known options available today. In addition to streaming music, each of these services allows you to listen to your music even when you are not connected to the internet. However, you will need to pay a monthly membership fee in order to have access to offline listening and other premium features. Please refer to the following Pocket-lint round-ups for further information on all of these services:
Maggie Tillman is the author of this piece. Britta O’Boyle was in charge of the editing.