On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Add Member.
- Enter your family member’s name or email address and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose whether you’d like to send an invitation via Messages or to invite them in person.
How add a family member to your Apple Music subscription | AppleInsider
- If you already have Family Sharing set up and you have the family plan to Apple Music, you may need to invite people to join your family. These individuals will need to have a valid Apple ID and know their password to accept the invitation. Head to Settings. Tap your name, and then tap Family Sharing. Tap Add Family Member.
- 1 Why can’t I add family members to Apple music?
- 2 Can I add my wife to my Apple Music account?
- 3 Can I add my wife to my Apple Music?
- 4 How many devices can use Apple music family plan?
- 5 How do I activate Family Sharing?
- 6 How do I share Apple music subscription?
- 7 How do I add someone to my Apple music?
- 8 Can I share my Apple music with my daughter?
- 9 How does family membership Apple music work?
- 10 How do I share Apple Music without Family Sharing?
- 11 Does Apple Music have a family plan?
- 12 Does Apple Music have individual plans?
- 13 Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
- 14 What happens when you share a subscription with your family?
- 15 How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
- 16 Who is charged for the subscription?
- 17 How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
- 18 Before you get started
- 19 What is Family Sharing?
- 20 Setting up Family Sharing
- 21 Invite family members
- 22 Next steps
- 23 How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
- 24 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
- 25 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
- 26 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
- 27 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
- 28 Additional FAQ
- 29 Family Matters
- 30 How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- 31 √Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- 32 XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
- 33 1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
- 34 2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- 35 √Common Problems
- 36 Joining an Apple Music Family plan is pretty easy when you get down to it
- 37 How to move from an individual Apple Music plan to a Family plan
- 38 How to move from the head of a Family plan to an Individual plan
- 39 How to move from a sub-membership on a Family plan to an Individual plan
- 40 How to move from an individual Apple Music plan to a sub-membership on a Family plan
- 41 Questions?
- 42 How to share an Apple Music subscription between up to 6 people using the Family Sharing feature
- 43 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 44 How to Use Apple Music and Family Sharing
- 45 Getting Started
- 46 Add More People to Your Family Sharing Plan
- 47 A few other things you should know
- 48 What is Apple Music Family, how much is it, what does it offer?
- 49 Apple Music Family plan: How much does it cost?
- 50 Apple Music Family Plan: What does it include?
- 51 Apple Music Family Plan: Where is it available?
- 52 Apple Music Family Plan: How do you sign up?
Why can’t I add family members to Apple music?
Check your Family Sharing settings. Make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.
Can I add my wife to my Apple Music account?
Open the Settings app. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. Tap Set Up Your Family, then follow the onscreen instructions and invite your family members.
Can I add my wife to my Apple Music?
Open iCloud settings: Click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen, then open System Preferences and click on iCloud. Open Family settings: Just click on Manage Family. Add a new family member: Click the + icon, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How many devices can use Apple music family plan?
Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers.
How do I activate Family Sharing?
How do I set up Family Sharing on my iPhone or iPad?
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Tap Set Up Family Sharing > Get Started.
- Confirm that you want to be the family organizer and that you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Set Up Your Family, then follow the onscreen instructions and invite your family members. Already set up Family Sharing?
- Eligible subscriptions are automatically shared with your family members.
How do I add someone to my Apple music?
- Open Apple Music.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner.
- Tap on Account settings (it should be your photo or name).
- Tap on Manage Membership.
- Tap on Family or Family Setup, depending on which option is available.
- If you tapped on Family, follow the instructions.
With Family Sharing, you and up to five other family members can share access to amazing Apple services like iCloud+, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade. Each family member uses their own account, so everyone’s experience stays personalized and private.
How does family membership Apple music work?
Each member of an Apple Music family subscription can stream millions of songs from the Apple Music catalogue. And each family member gets their own personal music library and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.
How can we share Apple music? You can’t without Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with you being adults. Each member can redeem Apple Gift Cards to their accounts which will be charged before the organizer’s method of payment.
Does Apple Music have a family plan?
With an Apple Music family subscription, up to six people can enjoy unlimited access to Apple Music on their devices. And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.
Does Apple Music have individual plans?
Apple has four subscription plans for Apple Music. They are individual monthly plan ($9.99), individual annual plan ($99), a family plan that includes up to 6 family members ($14.99 per month), and a student plan ($4.99 per month).
Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
Many Apple memberships, such as Apple TV+, iCloud+, and Apple Fitness+, may be shared among members of your immediate family.
Apple TV+ provides you and up to five family members with access to Apple Original TV series and movies, as well as the ability to share Apple services such as Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and other content. When you share subscriptions, each individual sees their personal preferences and suggestions — not the preferences and recommendations of the whole household. When you share an iCloud+ plan, family members cannot see each other’s images, files, or documents unless they have permission to do so.
How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
After you’ve set up Family Sharing, any subscriptions that are eligible for sharing are instantly shared with your family members. If any of your family members are unable to access a membership, follow these steps:
- Individual or student subscriptions should be upgraded to a family plan
- Otherwise, the subscription should be cancelled. Third-party subscriptions, which are subscriptions that are not created by Apple and are not available for sharing, may not be eligible for sharing. If a subscription is shareable, you will see a Share with Family option when you go to SettingsSubscriptions and touch the subscription
- If a subscription is not shareable, you will not see a Share with Family option.
Who is charged for the subscription?
When Purchase Sharing is enabled, the family organizer is responsible for paying for everyone’s subscriptions. Purchase Sharing can be turned off if you are the family organizer and do not wish to be responsible for the purchases and subscriptions made by family members. When Purchase Sharing is disabled, each individual is required to utilize their own payment method. Families who disable Purchase Sharing can still share subscriptions, but they will not be able to share individual purchases like as apps or books.
Date of Publication:
How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
If you’re looking for something melodious or melody-adjacent, Apple Music is one of the best streaming services to use. As the world’s largest music streaming service with more than 72,000 million users and more than 90,000 tracks from the most popular musicians of today, Spotify’s arch-nemesis has a lot to be jealous of. Those who sign up for Apple Music for the first time will receive three months of free service as a thank you for your loyalty. Upon expiration of the trial period, subscriptions are charged on a monthly ($9) or yearly ($99) basis.
Besides the fact that college students may obtain Apple Music for $5/month, an Apple Music family plan is another method to save money on your monthly membership.
Before you know it, you’ll have numerous members of your family streaming music from the same source (and helping you pay that Apple Music premium).
Before you get started
A few items are required in order to follow the directions in this tutorial, some of which are more evident than others. Here is a list of everything you’ll need. To begin, you’ll need an Apple ID, which should be available to everyone who has at least one iOS or macOS device or uses any other Apple service. In order to use this app, you’ll need an iOS device running iOS 8 or later, or an Apple computer running OS X Yosemite or later. Of course, you’ll also need an Apple Music Family membership to make use of this feature.
The process of upgrading an Individual Apple Music subscription to a Family subscription is straightforward, and extensive instructions can be found in the support area of the Apple website’s help section.
What is Family Sharing?
It is a simple and quick method to share material across a variety of Apple services, including movies, iCloud storage, applications, and the one on which we will be concentrating today, Apple Music. Account administrators can host up to six users under a single family membership for as little as $15 per month. Given that everyone under Family Sharing utilizes their own Apple IDs, each person receives their own preferences and suggestions tailored to their own needs. The best part is that when you allow buy sharing with Family Sharing, the entire family may trade movies, programs, books, and music — as long as the purchasing user permits sharing for the other members of the group — without any additional effort.
Setting up Family Sharing
Instead of operating independently, Apple Music’s Family plan makes use of the infrastructure already in place for Apple’s Family Sharing service. Please proceed to the next step if you already have Family Sharing set up and are just interested in adding new family members to your existing group. In this section, we will cover how to set-up your Family subscription for the first time if you have never utilized Family Sharing before.
Setting up Family Sharing on iOS
The good news for those of you reading this post on your iPhone or iPad is that it’s easy to set up Family Sharing right now with just a few simple steps.
- Locate the Family Sharing options by going to: Open theSettingsapp and either press on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scroll down and tap on theiCloud settings button
- Or Set up family sharing by selecting Set Up Family Sharing: Then click on Get Started. From here, simply follow the on-screen instructions until the setup is complete. Invite your friends and family: If you’re running iOS 11 or later, you’ll be prompted to select the first function you’d like to make available for sharing before continuing. Simply follow the steps to invite family members via Messages from this point.
Setting up Family Sharing on Mac
If you’re using a Mac, configuring Family Sharing is just as simple, if not simpler, than configuring it on an iPhone or iPad. The procedures are only somewhat different.
- System Preferences may be accessed by clicking on the ever-present Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen and selecting it. Once the settings box has been opened, selectFamily Sharing from the drop-down menu. If you’re using a device running macOS Mojave or earlier, you’ll want to selectiCloud rather than Family Sharing. Begin the setup procedure by clicking on the following link: Simply select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the onscreen directions to finish the procedure.
Invite family members
You must now add family members in order for them to be able to access Apple Music, regardless of whether you have already set up Family Sharing or have just followed the procedures outlined above. This may be done on a Mac, an iOS device, or an Android smartphone. The procedures for each are outlined below.
- Obtaining the Family Sharing options is as simple as opening theSettingsapp and tapping on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scrolling down and opening theiCloud settings
- Add a new member to the family: It’s as simple as selecting Add Family Member and providing their name or email address in the appropriate field. Then simply follow the on-screen directions
- This is it. Complete the setup: It is possible to select whether to invite a family member through Messages or in person if you are using an iOS device running version 11 or later.
- Open the iCloud settings by clicking on the following link: Go to System Preferences and selectiCloud from the drop-down menu next to the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen. Family settings that are available: Simply select Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Add a new member to the family: Then, after clicking the Plus symbol, follow the onscreen directions
- Open the Apple Music preferences by clicking on the following link: Open Apple Music and then click on the menu symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Account settings from the drop-down menu: Identify yourself by tapping on your photo or name at the top of the screen. Membership options may be accessed from here: To manage your membership, choose Manage Membership and then enter your iCloud password if requested
- Family settings that are available: Select eitherFamily orFamily Setup from the drop-down menu. Family members can be added as follows: Adding family members is simple if you chooseFamily Setup from the drop-down menu on the screen. If you choose Family, select AddFamily Memberat the bottom of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
You should be fully set on your end at this point. That leaves just one thing to do: convince your family members to really start using Apple Music. Simply logging into Apple Music using the same credentials that they use for Family Sharing will enable them to begin listening immediately. Having said that, every now and then, things don’t go quite as smoothly as you’d intended.
If you run into trouble
The use of several accounts by a family member and login into Apple Music or iCloud (in the case of Family Sharing) using the incorrect account is a regular problem. If one individual is experiencing difficulty accessing Apple Music, the first thing to check is their internet connection. Some difficulties that prohibit you or another family member from accessing a Family subscription can be resolved by logging out and logging back in. In the first instance, try logging out of the impacted Apple Music account and then signing back in once again.
After trying both of these approaches with no success, try deleting everyone from Family Sharing and then re-adding them.
And it’s really as simple as that.
If you’re thinking about adding another service to your repertoire to share with your family, have a look at our list of the finest music-streaming services. Alternatively, if you decide to switch to another provider, we’ve put up a tutorial on how to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
- Beats headphones are now on sale at Amazon for a limited time. In 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was nowhere to be found. Is the year 2022 going to be any different? Forget about the AirPods Pro: Beats Studio Buds are now available for just $120 on Amazon. Instructions on how to create and maintain a record collection
- Instructions on how to convert your vinyl record to a digital version
How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
One of the many wonderful features of Apple Music is the ability to share your membership with others. By registering for a Family Membership, you and your family members will be able to share the same plan across numerous Apple IDs. All you have to do is create a Family Sharing group and ask your friends and family members to join. It’s really simple to figure out how to include a family member in your group. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of sending invitations to Apple Music on various devices using step-by-step instructions.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
First and foremost, you must establish a family group. Here’s how you go about it:
- “Settings” should be opened. Select “Set up Family Sharing” from the options menu after selecting the “Name, Phone Number, Email” tab at the top of the list. There will be a pop-up window that appears. To begin, use the “Get Started” button. If you want to learn more about family sharing, click on “Learn More about Family Sharing.” Choose Apple Music from the drop-down menu that appears. Wait for the device to confirm that your Family Membership subscription has been activated. Continue to send out invitations to the group
You are not need to add all of your family members at once. You may progressively increase the number of people until you hit the six-person maximum. You may also send and accept invitations using the app, which works on all Apple devices. Instructions for inviting family members to Apple Music on an iPhone are as follows:
- Access your Apple ID profile by going to “Settings” and selecting it. Select “Add Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. Fill up the blanks with the name or email address of a member of your family. You may manually invite them or send them a message using “Messages.” Choose only one approach
- To finish the procedure, follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
When you give someone an invitation, they must accept it on their device before you can proceed. Any existing accounts will be terminated as soon as they sign up for the service. Keep in mind that each member of the family must have their own Apple ID. They will not be able to access your Apple Music account until you grant them permission. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, you may recover it by going to iforgot.apple.com and entering your name and email address there. If your child is too young to have an Apple ID profile, you may establish one for him or her on your computer.
- Go to “Settings” and choose your Apple ID profile from the list
- Select “Add Family Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. “Create a Child Account” will appear in the drop-down list of possibilities. To proceed, press “Next.” Set the month, day, and year of your child’s birthday to the appropriate values. It’s an important stage in identifying what kind of services you’ll be needing later. Be careful, since once you’ve selected a date, there’s no going back. Take a look at the “Parent Privacy Notice.” When you’re finished, click “Agree.” Choose the payment option that you’ve chosen in advance. “Next.” should be used to confirm. Fill in the required information to set up your child’s Apple ID on your computer. When you’re finished, click “Next” and then “Create.” To finish setting up the profile, follow the step-by-step steps provided in the tutorial. You have the option of selecting both a password and security questions. You can prevent your youngster from making unlawful purchases by turning on the “Ask to Buy” feature. If they attempt to purchase something from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books, you’ll receive a notice. Once this is done, a new window will open, which will include the “Terms and Conditions.” After you’ve finished reading, click “I agree.”
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
Apple Music is also available for Android-based smartphones and tablets. You may get the app from the Google Play Store and register for an account using it. Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the app. Fill up the search field at the top of the screen with the words “Apple Music.” Choose “Install” from the drop-down menu next to the app. To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. If you are a first-time user, you will be greeted with a welcome message. Continue by tapping the screen. Choose a subscription plan from the list of available choices. Sign in by pressing on “Use Existing Apple ID” and entering the digits that appear on the screen
- Decide on a payment option and double-check your billing details
- Choose “Join Apple Music.” from the drop-down menu.
Once you’ve signed up for a family subscription, you can begin adding members to your group. On an Android device, follow these steps to invite family members to Apple Music:
- To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. To access the settings menu, click on the three vertical dots in the top-left corner of the screen. Select your profile image or username from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. From the “Account Settings” drop-down menu, select “Membership Settings.” After that, select “Manage Membership.” Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu. Then, from the drop-down menu, select “Family Setup.” Complete the step-by-step steps to invite a member of your household.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
The Apple Menu provides access to your subscription plan management. The following steps will show you how to invite family members to Apple Music on a Mac:
- Open the Apple menu by pressing the I key. Make a selection from the control panel’s “System Preferences.” Make a selection from “Family Sharing.” “Add Family Member” will be the first option you see when you start the walk-through. Make certain that none of the steps are skipped.
YouriCloudaccount will be required if your laptop is running an earlier version of macOS (for example, Mojave). Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Apple Menu, which is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select “iCloud” from the “System Preferences” menu. Select “Manage Family” from the drop-down menu, followed by the “+Add Member” option. To finish the process, follow the on-screen directions.
You may set up your child’s Apple ID on a Mac in the same way that you would on an iOS device. Here’s how you go about it:
- Open the Apple Menu by clicking on the Apple icon in the top-left corner. Select Family Sharing from the System Preferences menu. Select the “Add Family Member” option from the drop-down menu. For previous versions of macOS, you must first launch iCloud before proceeding. Afterwards, navigate to “Manage Family” and select the “+ Add” button. Choose “Create an Apple ID” from the drop-down menu that appears. To proceed, click “Continue.” Set the month, day, and year of your child’s birthday in your calendar software. Make careful you don’t make a mistake because you won’t be able to adjust the date afterwards. Create an Apple ID login and password for your child by entering his or her name and a password. When you’re finished, click “Next.” Fill in the blanks with the information pertaining to your selected payment plan. To accept, click “Agree.” When you click on the link, a new window will emerge with instructions on how to create your account. Create a memorable password and security questions, and then fill in the necessary information. You should wait for the confirmation e-mail to ensure that you have successfully created the Apple ID.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
Unfortunately, Family Sharing is not available on Windows-based computers. It is necessary to have OS X Yosemite installed in order to subscribe to a family subscription plan (and above). Alternatively, if you receive an invitation from someone, you can try to access it using theiCloud for Windowsapp. It’s possible that you’ll be able to join pre-existing groups this way. In the case of a Windows PC, unfortunately, there is no method to create a Family Sharing group.
There is a restriction to the number of different family members that may be added to Apple Music at one time. No more than six users – or, to be precise, six unique Apple ID accounts – may enjoy the same subscription plan at the same time. It is necessary for each member to have their own Apple ID. If their children are under the age of thirteen, their parents can set up an account for them. Adding them to the Family Sharing group, on the other hand, is not the only option to do so. If they happen to have a Game Center account, you may utilize it to replace their account.
Go to “Settings” and select your name from the drop-down menu.
Then click on “Family Sharing,” followed by “Add Family Member.” For Mac users, select “+ Add” from the drop-down menu. 3. Enter your child’s Game Center login in the appropriate field. 4. Follow the steps outlined on the screen until the completion.
Can I Invite Friends to My Apple Music Family Membership?
Anyone who satisfies at least one of the following qualifications is eligible to be invited to the event: Has a valid Apple ID on his or her device. Has an Apple ID and an iCloud account. Has an iOS device from a more recent generation. In other words, you need an iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or above. Has a PC running the OS X Yosemite operating system. Later versions of the document are likewise acceptable. Does your family have an Apple Music subscription? If your buddy is currently subscribed to a different service, they can upgrade to a Family Membership.
- Launch the Apple Music application and select “Settings.” 2.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Family Subscription” from the drop-down menu of subscription options that are offered.
- Finally, hit “Purchase” to finish the transaction.
- Here’s how you go about it: 1.
- A new window will be opened for you.
- Locate your existing subscription plan and click on the “Edit” button next to it to make any necessary changes.
- Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu.
With Apple Music, everyone in the family can get involved in the excitement. With a single subscription package, you may use up to six distinct Apple IDs at the same time. No one, including children, is required to be excluded from the Family Sharing group. Alternatively, you may create an Apple ID account in their place or ask them to join through Game Center. Are you a member of a Family Membership? If so, please log in. Do you prefer not to have your account information shared with others?
How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- Why You Might Not Want One
- What You Should Know About Family Plans How to Create an Apple Music Family Account
- How to Create an Apple Music Family Account How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
A pple Music, like other streaming services, provides a family membership that, depending on the circumstances, can help families save money on their music subscription costs. Setting up a family membership and adding members to an existing family subscription, on the other hand, might be a little difficult. In contrast to the services offered by its competitors, Apple Music is fully integrated into the company’s ecosystem and operates on a proprietary system. If your family does not exclusively use Apple products, this might be a source of confusion.
√Why You Might Want a Family Plan
Purchasing an Apple Music family subscription, which costs $15 per month, grants you and up to five more family members access to the streaming platform. Each member of the family will have their own personal account, and the family plan will provide additional perks as well.
If you want to share something, you may do it at any time and at any place, according to Apple. When it comes to Apple Music, this includes any purchases made through the iTunes store.
XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
To be sure, not every household will benefit from having an Apple Music Family Account. Individual accounts may be a better option for you, depending on your specific circumstances and needs. This is especially true if you and your partner are both students who qualify for education pricing (which is only $4.99 a month). Nonetheless, a $15 Apple Music membership for up to six people is a fantastic deal. Therefore, take stock of your own situation and assess your possibilities.
1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
Remember that you will need an Apple ID to complete this process, although if you own an Apple device you most likely already have one. In addition, you’ll need at least one iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or macOS device running iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite or later to participate. Of course, you’ll also need to purchase an Apple Music Family membership to use the service effectively.
Get an Apple Music Family Subscription
If you don’t already have an Apple Music account, you may create one by clicking here. Make sure you select the Family subscription option when configuring your account. If you already have an account and are presently on a device that you are logged into, you may sign in by clicking this link for iOS or this link for macOS. Alternatively, you can follow the methods outlined below. Users of the iOS operating system
- Open Apple Music and choose For You from the drop-down menu. Then select theProfile symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen. Locate and choose View Account from the drop-down menu. (Alternatively, select View Apple ID from the drop-down menu.) Then, scroll down to Subscriptions and click on it. Click onApple Music
- Then click onFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection.
Users of Mac OS X should note the following:
- Make sure you’re logged in with your Apple ID when you open iTunes. Account may be found by clicking on it. View My Account by selecting it from the top menu bar. Log in with your credentials and choose View Account
- Scroll to the bottom of the Account Information page to find Settings. ClickManage
- Then clickApple Music
- And so on. SelectFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection
Set up Family Sharing
Log in to iTunes using your Apple ID and password. Account should be selected. From the top menu bar, select My Account. Click on View Account after logging in. Scroll down to Settings under the Account Information section. Then select Apple Music from the drop-down menu. Families (1 month) should be selected and confirmed.
- On theApple IDcard (it should say your name)
- And then click on theGeneral tab. Set up family sharing by tappingSet Up Family Sharing
- Then tapGet Started and follow the instructions.
Users of Mac OS X should note the following:
- Click on theApple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar to open the Apple menu. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Select iCloud from the drop-down menu
- Select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the steps
2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
Following the purchase of an Apple Music family membership and the configuration of Family Sharing, you may begin asking family members to join you. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings and choose the Apple ID card (with your name on it). Then selectFamily Sharing
- SelectAdd Family Member
- Enter their name or email address
- And then follow the on-screen directions.
- To access the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar, choose it. Select System Preferences
- Then select iCloud from the drop-down menu. Locate and choose Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Click on the plus sign and follow the on-screen directions
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. To access the menu, click on themenu symbol in the upper-left corner. Accountsettings (it should be your photo or name on the screen)
- Select “Manage Membership” from the drop-down menu. Depending on which option is available, select Family or Family Setup from the drop-down menu. If you choose Family, continue the on-screen instructions. If you choose Family Setup, then select Add Family Member and follow the on-screen instructions.
What to Do From Here
- Once you’ve completed the procedures outlined above, the only thing left to do is encourage your family member to begin using Apple Music. Simply open Apple Music on their device (while signed into their iCloud and Apple ID accounts) and sign in with the same credentials you used to send them an invitation
- The first thing to keep in mind is that if someone in your family is currently using an Apple Music free trial, they will not be able to be added to a family plan. You’ll have to wait until the trial time expires before continuing. However, another typical snag is that a family member may be using an Apple ID that differs from the one you used to invite them. Prior to contacting Apple Support, double-check that this is the case
- If you continue to experience problems, try logging out and back in. If that is not an option, you can remove that family member from Family Sharing and then invite them back in.
Joining an Apple Music Family plan is pretty easy when you get down to it
In order to accommodate its users’ needs, Apple Music provides three distinct subscription plans: a $4.99 per month plan for students who sign up using their university email address, a $9.99 solo plan, and a $14.99 family plan that accommodates up to six Family Sharing accounts (or devices connected concurrently on one account). However, once you’ve decided on a strategy, it doesn’t imply you have to stick with it indefinitely. In the event that you started on one plan but wish to switch mid-subscription, or if you want to leave a Family sub-account to start off on your own, you may take your favorite iPhone and switch your plan directly iniOS 14 by selecting “Change Plan.” No need to panic.
The following steps will show you how to switch between Apple Music Individual and Family subscriptions.
How to move from an individual Apple Music plan to a Family plan
It’s important to remember that in order to build your own family plan, you’ll first need to serve as the Family organizer for your Family Sharing group.
In order to begin the process, go toSettingsiCloudSet Up Family Sharingif you haven’t already done so. The following steps will walk you through the process of switching your account after you’ve set up your Family Sharing group.
- Open the Musicapp on your iPhone or iPad and press “Play.” Tap theListen Nowtab
- Tap theAccounticon in the top right corner
- Source: iMore
- TapManage Subscription
- TapApple Music
- Tap theFamily plan
How to move from the head of a Family plan to an Individual plan
Please keep in mind that if you, as the head of household, change your plan, it will also remove access for any Family Sharing users who are on your plan, as well. Their Apple Music data, on the other hand, will remain on Apple’s servers for a short period of time, allowing them to each sign up for an Individual plan and restore their libraries and favorite artists.
- Open the Musicapp on your iPhone or iPad and press “Play.” Tap theListen Nowtab
- Tap theAccounticon in the top right corner
- Source: iMore
- TapManage Subscription
- TapApple Music
- Tap theFamily plan
How to move from a sub-membership on a Family plan to an Individual plan
Please keep in mind that you will need to temporarily leave your Family Sharing group in order to convert your Apple Music account to an Individual plan. After you’ve changed your account, you’ll be allowed to rejoin your previous group. Your Apple Music data will stay on Apple’s servers for a limited amount of time after you leave your Family Sharing group, allowing you to join up for an Individual subscription and keep your collection and favorites.
- ActivateSettings, then tap the Apple ID banner, then tapFamily, then tapLeave Family Sharing, then open theMusicapp. If everything went as planned, you should be signed out of your Apple Music account with the opportunity to begin a new 30-day free trial. Your Apple Music account should be reinstated once you have completed the registration process. Request that your Family Sharing organizer re-address you to your family (if this is necessary)
How to move from an individual Apple Music plan to a sub-membership on a Family plan
- Ensure that the account’s administrator has added you to their group and that they have a Family plan in Apple Music
- Second, ensure that the account’s administrator has included you to their group. OpenMusic
- Select **Listen Now* from the drop-down menu. In the upper-right corner, choose the Account icon
- TapManage Subscription
- TapCancel Subscription
- Then tapDone to finish.
When the plan expires at the end of the renewal term, log out of Apple Music and back in again; you should now be on the Family plan for the head of household who is part of your Family Sharing group.
Please let us know if you have any difficulties switching between Apple Music individual and family plans in the comments section below. After successfully running through all of the situations listed above, I hope to be able to assist you. If all else fails, you can always reach out to Apple Support for more assistance. Updated on July 20, 2021: Instructions are still current in the iOS 15 beta, and have been updated for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
You will require a digital to analog converter in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music on your computer (DAC). Let’s take a look at which digital audio converters are the finest for your iPhone or iPad.
- If you add family members to your Apple ID account, you may enjoy the benefits of your Apple Music membership. You must upgrade your Apple Music membership to the Family Plan (which costs $14.99 per month) in order to share your Apple Music account with other people. Following your purchase of the Family Plan, you’ll be able to share a single Apple Music account with up to six additional family members. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Apple Music is a well-known streaming service – and, fortunately, you can share your membership with friends and family. You can simply share your membership with friends and family members by adding them to your Family Sharing group on the website. Using Apple Music’sFamily Sharingfeature, up to six people may listen to music on the same device with a single subscription, which costs $14.99 a month. It is necessary to double-check your subscription to ensure it has been converted to the Family Plan option.
It’s crucial to note that if you’ve already configured Family Sharing on your iPhone or iPad, everyone you add will instantly have access to the shared Apple Music plan—as well as applications and other features.
How to share an Apple Music membership from your iPhone or iPad is detailed in this article.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
You’ll need to sign up for Apple Music’s Family Plan first before you can share your membership with other people. As contrast to the usual $9.99 membership, the new $14.99 per month option is more expensive each month. For those who are just getting started with Apple Music, here’s how to sign up for the Family Plan for the first time. In the event that you already have a subscription, you may go to the next step. Opening the Music app on your iPhone or iPad, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “For You.” 2.On the new page that appears, click on the red “Try It Now” button to begin the trial.
- Business Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli 3.
- Select the option for “Family.” Business Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli In order to use Family Sharing, you must either already have a membership or set one up if you haven’t previously.
- 2.On this page, select “Set Up Family Sharing” from the drop-down menu.
- The options for using Family Sharing will be offered to you in the third step.
- Business Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli 4.Your smartphone will check to see whether you’ve signed up for a Family Plan; if you haven’t, you’ll be led back to the Music app to complete the process of signing up.
- For those who are too young to have their own Apple ID, you can establish a Child account for them to use in conjunction with your existing Apple ID.
- In the text message conversation that opens, you may send the Family Plan invitation to anybody with an Apple ID who has not yet accepted it.
You have the option of adding up to six more users to your account, including yourself. Someone who already has an Apple Music account joins your Family Plan and their account is immediately canceled, unless they expressly request otherwise.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Marissa Perino is a former editorial intern who specialized in executive lifestyle and culture coverage. Cold Lips in London and Creative Nonfiction in Pittsburgh were among the places she’s previously worked. In addition to studying creative writing at the University of Pittsburgh, she majored in journalism and communications. You can follow her on Twitter at @mlperino. Tech Reference’s William Antonelli is the editor and a staff writer. New York City-based writer and activist William Antonelli works as an editor and organizer for a variety of causes.
His writing has featured in a variety of outlets outside of Insider, including Polygon, The Outline, Kotaku, and others.
You may follow him on Twitter at @DubsRewatcher or send him an email at [email protected] if you want to get in touch.
earns a commission.
How to Use Apple Music and Family Sharing
There are many things you like sharing with your family, including laughing, trips, memories, and other experiences. Now, thanks to Apple’s Family Sharing membership choices, your ability to share the things you care about has been elevated to a whole new level. Family Sharing is a cost-effective and simple-to-use service. Moreover, we’re here to guide you through the setup process and answer any questions you may have so that you can begin sharing right away. Using Apple’s Family Sharing subscription, up to six family members may share unlimited access to millions of songs on Apple Music.
- Music, TV shows, movies, games, and other content are available to you and your family.
- It’s a hit with my spouse and our college-age children.
- Fortunately, Apple has you covered with an Apple ID for kids.
- It is possible to establish constraints and permissions on Apple ID for kids, which may help keep your child or adolescent safe from inappropriate content, downloading of off-limits applications, and making payments.
One person, usually an adult, sets up Family Sharing for the entire family group using their Apple device (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad), which they bring with them. (For Mac users, check the section below.)
- Go to SETTINGS
- Select FAMILY SHARING
- Select SET UP YOUR FAMILY
- And then follow the on-screen directions.
You’ll be ready to go as soon as your family members accept the invitation on their end. It’s just that simple!
Add More People to Your Family Sharing Plan
Do you want to share some more love? You may add another lucky family member if you already have Family Sharing set up. To do so, go to SETTINGSFAMILY SHARINGADD MEMBER and follow the instructions. It will inform you how many additional persons you may add to your family in this section. Select INVITE PEOPLE from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions. Setting up Family Share on your Mac is simple. On your Mac, setting up Family Share is exactly as simple as on your PC. Select APPLE MENUSYSTEM PREFERENCESFAMILY SHARING from the drop-down menu.
- In addition to the services already mentioned, Family Share provides additional perks that I, as a parent, find to be quite beneficial.
- You’ll be able to view the members of your sharing family there.
- A section titled MORE TO SHARE is located below that.
- “Subscribe one once, and everyone in your family receives access using their own devices and their own accounts,” the message says on the website.
- This is a fantastic feature because just one person pays, but everyone can benefit from it!
- But don’t worry, all of the photographs and content uploaded by users are kept private.
- (Consider it as a row of lockers stacked high.) Each member has the ability to utilize one or two lockers without having access to the contents of the other lockers.) APPLE CASH is a fantastic feature for parents of teenagers and children under the age of 18.
- IT’S TIME FOR THE SCREEN.
- When a device is shared with a child who has a child Apple ID, you have access to the information about how your children use their devices.
- Additionally, it generates weekly reports and provides information on individual apps.
- Parents may also change the settings so that their children cannot make purchases, download applications, or do anything else without first sending a request to the parent’s phone.
Let’s say you don’t want to share so much information with your relatives. You’d rather solely exchange music, if that’s possible. It’s not an issue! Subscriptions to Apple Music may be obtained in two ways, depending on whether you’re a student, an individual, or a family.
- Interested in exchanging more affection? If you already have Family Sharing set up and would want to include another lucky family member, simply go to SETTINGSFAMILY SHARINGADD MEMBER and follow the prompts to complete the procedure. It will inform you how many additional members you can bring into your family in this section. – Follow the on-screen steps after selecting INVITE PEOPLE. Using your Mac to set up Family Share is easy. It is just as simple to set up Family Share on your Mac. Select APPLE MENUSYSTEM PREFERENCESFAMILY SHARING from the drop-down menu that appears. To add more members, simply follow the on-screen prompts. In addition to the services already mentioned, Family Share provides additional advantages that I, as a parent, find to be quite beneficial. SettingsApple IDFAMILY SHARING may be found under SETTINGSAPPLE ID. You’ll be able to view the members of your sharing family. The applications and services you’ve shared with them will be visible as you scroll down. MORE TO SHARE is located just below this section. APPLE SUBSCRIPTIONS provides access to services such as Apple Arcade, Apple News, and Apple Fitness, among others. “Subscribe one once, and everyone in your family receives access using their own devices and their own accounts,” the message says on the screen. PURCHASE SHARING allows you to share the purchases made by everyone with the rest of your friends and family. The fact that only one person pays yet everyone may benefit from this is a wonderful convenience. Sharing your iCloud storage with family members is possible using iCLOUD STORAGE. But don’t worry, all of the photographs and content uploaded by users are kept confidential. Not the contents of the storage, but access to it will be granted to members of the immediate family It’s similar to a wall of lockers, in a sense. ) Each member is allowed to use one or two lockers without having access to the contents of the other lockers. For parents of teenagers and children under the age of 18, APPLE CASH is a fantastic feature. It enables children to make purchases, send and receive money, and do other financial transactions all while their parents are watching them closely. THE TIME HAS COME FOR SCREENING. The importance of this function cannot be overstated. Using a child Apple ID, you can see what your children are doing with their devices when they are shared with you. Use of apps, websites visited, and other relevant information are all tracked by Screen Time. Additionally, it generates weekly reports and provides information on individual applications. Time limitations for applications, websites, and other resources can also be imposed by the parents. Children cannot make purchases, download applications, or do anything else unless a request is made directly to the parent’s phone, which parents may change. How much I like utilizing Screen Time to keep my children safe might fill a whole essay. Allowing for the possibility that you might not choose to share that much information with your loved ones Rather than talking, you’d rather listen to music together. It’s not a big deal. Subscriptions to Apple Music may be obtained in two ways, depending on whether you’re a student, an individual, or a household.
When you subscribe to Apple Music, you’ll have access to millions of music at your disposal. For a cheap monthly subscription cost, you may download content, build playlists, and do a variety of other things. Once your subscription has been established, you will have the option of upgrading to a student, individual, yearly, or family plan.
A few other things you should know
- Each user must have their own Apple ID in order for Apple Family sharing to function properly. In order to accept payments, the organizer must have a legitimate means of payment. Apple devices running IOS8 or later are required to operate with the sharing feature. Users of Mac computers must have OS X Yosemite installed in order to access sharing. Family members are not immediately added to the account. They must accept the invitation to participate that has been extended by the organizer. They might ask for a re-send of the invitation if they are unable to locate it. Despite the fact that you may access Apple Family Sharing using the Apple Music app on your Android phone, Family Sharing is most effective when all family members are using Apple devices. If a family member already has a subscription to a certain service, they will need to cancel it before they may accept your offer to share that service with them. Visit Apple’s pageHERE for more information on the advantages of becoming a member of Apple Family. If you encounter any difficulties, you may seek assistance from the Apple Family Sharing Support pageHERE.
What is Apple Music Family, how much is it, what does it offer?
(Pocket-lint) – a piece of lint found in a pocket. Apple Music is a music-streaming service that was first introduced by the company in 2015. The service, which competes with the likes of Spotify, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music Unlimited, provides users with access to millions of songs as well as a variety of features, depending on their subscription level, and is available in English and Spanish. Apple Music Family is one of four paid-for subscription choices available, one of which is the Apple Music membership.
This section is devoted to the Apple Music Family membership, and it covers everything you need to know about it, from how much it costs to what it includes and where it can be found, in detail.
Apple Music Family plan: How much does it cost?
Similarly to the Amazon Music Unlimited plan, the Apple Music Family plan costs $14.99 per month in the United States and £14.99 per month in the United Kingdom, and it provides access to Apple Music for up to six individuals. Following Spotify’s recent price rise, it is somewhat less expensive than the Spotify Premium for Familyplan. If you want to share your Apple Music Family membership with additional members of your family, you’ll need to set up Family Sharing on a device that is compatible with it.
Apple Music is also included in theApple One membership bundle, which includes access to all of Apple’s services.
You’ll get Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage.
Apple Music Family Plan: What does it include?
Aside from providing access for up to six users, the Apple Music Family plan also provides each of those users with a separate individual account, which will allow them to stream ad-free music and videos, access more than 70 million songs and their iTunes library, listen online or offline, and download 100,000 songs to their personal music library. Users on family plans will also have access across all of their devices, as well as the ability to see what their friends are listening to and access to Apple Music 1 live and on-demand radio broadcasts, among other features.
They may pick what they share and when they share it with other members of the Family plan, or they can opt not to share anything at all. If they have enabled iCloud Family sharing, they will also be able to share iTunes purchases with other members of the Family plan.
Apple Music Family Plan: Where is it available?
The Apple Music Family package is available in more than 100 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. You may check to see if the Apple Music Family Plan is available in your country by visiting this page: Apple Music Family Plan.
Apple Music Family Plan: How do you sign up?
A subscription to the Apple Music Family plan can be obtained through the use of any of the following devices: an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or an Android device. A Family membership can be added to an existing Apple Music Individual or Student subscription if the latter is no longer required. Following the instructions on this page from Apple’s support website will assist you in managing your membership selections. Individual and Student subscriptions to Apple Music are immediately cancelled when a person joins a Family plan, unless they previously had an Apple Music membership as an Individual or Student.
How to sign up for Apple Music Family plan for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch is covered in depth immediately after this paragraph.
Setting up Apple Music family on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Launch the Apple Music application. To see the Apple Music screen if you don’t see it right away, touch ‘For You’ at the bottom of the screen
- You may take advantage of the trial offer if you’re joining Apple Music for the first time or if you’ve previously utilized one. If you already have an Apple Music subscription, sign in with your existing credentials and then switch to a Family membership. Then select the ‘Family’ option, followed by ‘Start Trial.’ In the event that you are requested, enter your Apple ID and password that you use to access the iTunes Store. You may be prompted to verify your billing information, but you will not be charged for the full monthly amount until after the trial period has ended. Add a valid payment method and click ‘Join’ to proceed. Accept the terms and conditions if you are requested to do so. Select musical genres and performers that you enjoy. You can also see what your friends are listening to and receive notifications when new music from your favorite artists is released.
Following the procedures outlined above, family members who have previously been set up in Family Sharing will immediately have access to Apple Music. Request an invitation to Family Sharing from the family organizer if you don’t already have access to the service. With our Curve MastercardByPocket-lint International Promotion, you may accrue rewards and advantages on all of your current credit and debit cards. Every time you make a payment, this ingenious technique will save you time and effort.
Setting up Apple Music family on an Android device:
- Install the Apple Music app from the Google Play store. Launch the Apple Music application. To access the Apple Music screen if you don’t see it, hit the three vertical dots and then tap ‘For You’. You may take advantage of the trial offer if you’re joining Apple Music for the first time or if you’ve previously utilized one. If you already have an Apple Music subscription, sign in with your existing credentials and then switch to a Family membership. Select the Family option, and then select Start Trial. If asked, sign in using the Apple ID and password that you use to access the iTunes Store on your computer. To create a new Apple ID if you don’t already have one, go to the ‘Create New Apple ID’ button. You may be prompted to verify your billing information, but you will not be charged for the full monthly amount until after the trial period has ended. Add a valid payment method and click ‘Join’ to proceed. Accept the terms and conditions if you are requested to do so. Select musical genres and performers that you enjoy. You can also see what your friends are listening to and receive notifications when new music from your favorite artists is released.
To enable iCloud Family Sharing, follow these steps: Account SettingsManage Membership may be accessed by selecting the three vertical dots. Maintain control over the family. Britta O’Boyle is the author of this piece.