Open the Apple Music app or iTunes. Find the music that you’ve added from Apple Music. On your Mac, click the Download button next to a song or album. On your PC, click the Download button next to a song or album.
How do I download songs from Apple Music?
- Steps Open the Apple Music app. If you don’t have an account, sign up. When in the app, click the ‘My Music‘ tab. Click the three dots beside a song. Click the download icon from the pop up menu. Download a song through a playlist. Note that you can download a song outside the ‘My Music‘ tab if you wish.
- 1 Can I download songs for free on Apple Music?
- 2 Why can’t I download songs on Apple Music?
- 3 Can I save offline on Apple Music?
- 4 What happens when you download a song on Apple Music?
- 5 How much is Apple Music a month?
- 6 Why won’t my Apple Music download on my new phone?
- 7 Why is Apple Music not adding to my library?
- 8 How do I download music on my iPhone and listen offline?
- 9 Will I lose my downloads if I cancel Apple Music?
- 10 How do I download all my Apple Music library?
- 11 Can I download music from Apple Music to my iPhone?
- 12 Apple Music: How to Download All Songs
- 13 How to Download All Songs in Apple Music on an iPhone
- 14 How To Download All Apple Music Songs on a PC
- 15 How to Download All Songs in Apple Music on an Android
- 16 Apple Music: Download All Songs From iCloud
- 17 How to Download Music on Apple Music
- 18 Video
- 19 About This Article
- 20 Did this article help you?
- 21 Initial Setup
- 22 Adding Songs
- 23 Format Restrictions and Rules
- 24 How To Download (And Delete) Songs On Apple Music For Offline Listening
- 25 How To Delete Downloaded Apple Music Songs
- 26 Apple Music – Apps on Google Play
- 27 How To Download All Your Songs in Apple Music to Your iPhone (iOS 15)
- 28 How To Download Apple Music or iTunes Songs to Your iPhone
- 29 How to Download All Your Songs Using Music on a Mac or iTunes on a Windows PC
- 30 How To Download All iTunes Music to Your iPhone Using a USB Cable
- 31 Make Sure All Future Music Is Automatically Downloaded to Apple Music
- 32 What is Apple Music and how does it work?
- 33 What is Apple Music?
- 34 How much does Apple Music cost?
- 35 Do you need a subscription?
- 36 Which devices support Apple Music?
- 37 Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
- 38 Where is Apple Music available?
- 39 How do you navigate Apple Music?
- 40 How does Apple Music work?
- 41 What is Apple Music TV?
- 42 What are some tips and tricks?
- 43 Are there any alternatives?
- 44 How to Download Music to Apple Watch
- 45 How to Download Music to Apple Watch
- 46 Can Apple Watch Play Music Offline?
- 47 How Do I Put Music on My Apple Watch Without My iPhone?
- 48 Can I Download Spotify Songs to Apple Watch?
- 49 How to Add a Workout Playlist to Your Apple Watch
- 50 Download your music so you can listen offline
- 51 Why download music instead of streaming it?
- 52 How to automatically download content
- 53 How to select/download content
- 54 How to view only downloaded music
- 55 How to delete downloaded music
- 56 What about the Mac?
- 57 Questions?
Can I download songs for free on Apple Music?
Yes. You can download Apple Music tracks to listen to offline. Before you can download content to listen to offline, you need to add it to your Library. Then, find the item that you want to download and tap “Download” to download the Apple Music songs for offline playback.
Why can’t I download songs on Apple Music?
Downloading issues can be related to several factors, including connection issues, or lack of space on your device. Basic tips from Apple include closing the app and restarting your iPhone or iPad. You may also want to double-check that your Apple Music subscription hasn’t expired.
Can I save offline on Apple Music?
Yes! Apple Music allows you to download any track or album from its catalog and keep them offline on your device. Therefore, the easiest way to listen to Apple Music songs offline is to directly download the songs within the Apple Music app.
What happens when you download a song on Apple Music?
If you purchased songs they are yours to keep without further payment, and you can download them onto other devices. If you are subscribing to Apple Music, and you download songs from that, then if you stop the subscription they will become unplayable.
How much is Apple Music a month?
For access to Apple Music’s premium offerings, including Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio, Lyrics, Music Videos, and more, subscribers can easily switch to Apple Music’s individual plan for $9.99 per month or family plan with up to six accounts for $14.99 per month at any time.
Why won’t my Apple Music download on my new phone?
Go into Settings –> Music (you’ll need to scroll down far) and turn off iCloud Music Library. Restart your phone, and if it works after that then you can turn iCloud Music Library back on and it should still work.
Why is Apple Music not adding to my library?
Go to Settings > Music, turn off Sync Library. After restarting, turn Sync Library back on and try again. Make sure you have a good Wi-Fi connection. Let us know if that helps.
How do I download music on my iPhone and listen offline?
Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone
- Download a song, album, or playlist: Touch and hold music you’ve added to your library, then tap Download.
- Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads.
Will I lose my downloads if I cancel Apple Music?
Once you cancel that subscription the music is no longer be available in your account. Purchased music that was not part of a subscription is tied to your Apple ID, which is not subscription based, so you can keep that as long as you have a ID. Yes, you will lose the music you downloaded.
How do I download all my Apple Music library?
You can download all your Apple Music tracks on an Android device by installing the Apple Music app. You’ll find all songs, albums, and playlists listed in the “Library” section of the app. When you locate what you want to download, simply tap the “Download” button.
Can I download music from Apple Music to my iPhone?
Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone Download a song, album, or playlist: Touch and hold music you’ve added to your library, then tap Download. at the top of the screen. Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads. Songs you add are automatically downloaded to iPhone.
Apple Music: How to Download All Songs
The concept behind Apple Music is to make it easy for you to have all of your favorite songs readily available and ready to stream. This way, you may listen to as much music as you want without worrying about filling up your device’s storage space. However, it may be more handy to download music to your phone from time to time, especially if you’re traveling somewhere where there isn’t a reliable internet connection. This is the point at which you may begin to experience difficulties with Apple Music.
In reality, it’s possible that your endeavor resulted in your dissatisfaction.
There are various techniques you may use to download all of the music from Apple Music, and each option is described here.
How to Download All Songs in Apple Music on an iPhone
In order to download all of the music from Apple Music on your iPhone, you will need nothing more than your phone and an internet connection for the first approach. What you need to do is as follows:
- Go to “Library” in the Music app after opening it. Songs, albums, and playlists will all be accessible as selections in the drop-down menu. “Albums” and “Playlists” are better alternatives to the “Songs” menu, which will take you to individual tracks where you may download them one at a time. Following the discovery of the album or playlist that you wish to download, you have two options for doing so:
- Go to the “Library” section of the Music app. As accessible selections, you’ll notice “Songs,” “Albums,” and “Playlists.” “Albums” and “Playlists” are better options than “Songs,” which will lead you to individual tracks where you may download them one at a time. The album or playlist you wish to download may be downloaded in two ways after you’ve found it.
In comparison to downloading individual tracks, this technique will be faster. However, if you have a large number of albums in your collection, it may still take a significant period of time to complete. To add to your irritation, you may experience problems with your data connection, and your iPhone may run out of battery life depending on how much music you wish to download.
How To Download All Apple Music Songs on a PC
Fortunately, there is a far more efficient method of downloading all of the music from Apple Music. Instead than using your iPhone, you’ll be using your PC or Mac for this approach. You may download music from Apple Music using your computer if you follow these steps:
- Make sure that the most recent version of iTunes is installed on your computer before proceeding with the process. It is recommended that you use a Mac that is running MacOS Catalina or a later operating system. If you’re using a Windows computer, launch iTunes. Users using Mac computers may simply navigate to “Music.” Navigate to the “New” option by selecting “File” and then “New.” When the menu appears, select “Smart Playlist” from the drop-down menu. You’ll notice a pop-up box allowing you to select the rules you want to use. It is determined by these guidelines which tunes will be included in the new playlist. As long as “Match for the following rule” is already ticked, nothing else has to be done. If the box is left unchecked, make sure you tick it
- Otherwise, proceed to step 2. There will be three drop-down selections underneath the line that says “Match for the next rule.” To proceed, you’ll need to input the appropriate values in each of the boxes. First and foremost, there will be a drop-down menu. Select “Time” as the value for that box
- Click OK. “is more than” may be found in the next box, which is likewise a drop-down menu. When you complete these two boxes in the manner given, the songs you’ve uploaded will be filtered based on their duration, which you’ll choose in the third box. In the final box, type “00:00” to indicate midnight. In this way, you can verify that all of the songs are included in the playlist. Remove the checkmark from the “Limit to” box. In addition, make sure that “Live updating” is enabled so that even the most recent music are added to the playlist. Once you click on the “OK” button, you’ll be invited to give your new playlist a name. Make certain to select a name that you will quickly recognize
- The playlist you’ve built will contain every song you have in your Apple Music library once you’ve completed all of the preceding stages. From the “Playlists” area of your music library, you may now download all of the tunes to your iPhone at once.
How to Download All Songs in Apple Music on an Android
Installing the Apple Music app on your Android device will allow you to download all of your Apple Music tunes to your device. The “Library” portion of the program has a comprehensive listing of all of the songs, albums, and playlists available. You may download something by simply tapping on the “Download” button after you’ve found what you want. To download all of the songs at the same time, make a playlist containing each song on a Mac or PC and then proceed to download the playlist to your smartphone.
Apple Music: Download All Songs From iCloud
Although downloading all of the music from Apple Music may appear to be a difficult task, the procedures for doing so are rather simple. All you need is a phone, a computer, and an internet connection that is both reliable and fast enough. Given that your music are currently stored on iCloud, they’ll be simple to locate and easily available. Once you’ve done that, all you have to do is wait for the music to download from iCloud. Having learned how to download all of the music from Apple Music, you will be able to carry your favorite tunes with you wherever you go.
All of the music you’ll ever need will be conveniently stored in your pocket. Were you able to download all of the music from Apple Music without any problems? Was the music downloaded into your iPhone or Android device? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
How to Download Music on Apple Music
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format This wikiHow tells you how to download your favorite Apple Music music to your computer, phone, or tablet so that you can listen to them later. As long as you have an Apple Music subscription, you will be able to download any album, song, or playlist that you have previously saved to your library.
- 1 Enable the iCloud Music Library on your Apple device. If you’re working with an Android device, you may skip this section. For those who have an iPhone or an iPad, follow these steps to guarantee that your iCloud Music Library is enabled: 2 Launch the Apple Music application. It’s represented by the white symbol with a pink, purple, and blue music note on it. iPhone/iPad users will find it on their home screen, while Android users will find it in their app drawer.
- If you want to download songs for offline listening, you must be an Apple Music member. Learn how to subscribe to Apple Music by visiting How to Join Apple Music.
- s3 Music may be added to your collection. Unless you’ve previously done so, you’ll need to save the music you wish to download to your library before proceeding. Here’s how it’s done:
- s3 Fill up your music collection. Unless you’ve previously done so, you’ll need to save the music you wish to download to your library before you can proceed. Following are the steps:
- 4TapLibrary. In the bottom-left corner of the screen, you’ll find it. 5 Navigate to the album or playlist you wish to download and press “Download.” You may download any album or playlist from your collection to listen to it when not connected to the internet.
- 4TapLibrary. In the bottom-left corner of the screen, you’ll see it. 5 You may download a whole album or a playlist by browsing to it. In your library, you have the option of downloading any music or playlist for offline listening.
- 6 To access the cloud symbol with a down arrow, tap it. In most cases, it’s located immediately to the right of the album or playlist’s cover picture. When you do this, the current album or playlist is downloaded to your iPhone or iPad.
- For each individual song, click on the cloud icon with a downward-pointing arrow to the right of the song’s title
- To download the music as a whole, click on the cloud icon again. It’s possible that you’ve disabled automatic downloads for your iCloud Music Library if you don’t see the cloud symbol. Essentially, this indicates that the music is already on your iPhone or iPad.
- 1 Launch iTunes on your computer. The Dock, which is located at the bottom of the screen on a Mac, should include the application. Users of Windows may access the app using the Start menu.
- If you want to download songs for offline listening, you must be an Apple Music member. Learn how to subscribe to Apple Music by visiting How to Join Apple Music.
- 2 Enable the iCloud Music Library on your computer. Subscribers to Apple Songs may download music for offline listening as long as the iCloud Music Library is active on their device. The following are the instructions for enabling it:
- Alternatively, select theiTunesmenu (on a Mac) or theEditmenu (on a PC). ClickPreferences
- To access your iCloud Music Library, select the “iCloud Music Library” option from the “General” drop-down menu. Alternatively, if you want all of the music in your library automatically downloaded to your computer, click theDownloadstab at the top of the window and select “Music” from the drop-down menu
- Then click OK.
- Step 3: Organize your music collection by adding the songs you wish to download. Unless you’ve previously done so, you’ll need to save the music you wish to download to your library before proceeding. Here’s how it’s done:
- To find a song, album, or playlist on iTunes, use the search box located in the top-right corner of the screen. If you wish to add a playlist or album, press the name of the playlist or album to access it. To add a song to your collection, click on it and then next to it. To add a whole album or playlist to the library, use the +ADD button.
- 4Select theLibrarytab from the menu bar. It’s located towards the top-center section of iTunes. 5 Navigate to the album or playlist you wish to download and press “Download.” You may download any album or playlist from your collection to listen to it when not connected to the internet.
- Additionally, you’ll have the option to download individual songs from albums and playlists if you so choose.
- 6 Select the cloud icon with a downward arrow from the drop-down menu. In most cases, it’s located immediately to the right of the album or playlist’s cover picture. This saves the album or playlist to your computer, allowing you to listen to it even when you are not connected to the internet
- A song from an album or playlist may be downloaded individually by selecting it from its respective album or playlist by clicking the cloud symbol with a downward-pointing arrow to the right of the song’s title
- It’s possible that you’ve disabled automatic downloads for your iCloud Music Library if you don’t see the cloud symbol. This indicates that the song has already been downloaded to your computer.
Create a new question
- QuestionCan I download songs from iTunes and put it on Apple Music’s cloud storage? Unfortunately, you will be unable to download anything from iTunes to Apple Music at this time. Question Is it possible to purchase individual tracks without having to pay a monthly fee? Only with iTunes, and not on Apple Music or other streaming services. Apple Music is intended for streaming and can only be accessible if you subscribe to the service for a monthly price. Question Obtaining a single track off a CD and saving it to an Apple USB SuperDrive Knoziz AlbumsCommunity Question and Answer Choose MusicPreferences from inside the Music program on your Mac, and then select Files. While you click Import Settings, make sure that “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs” is selected. Replace the CD in the player and re-import the music. Remove any music you’ve previously imported from your library to avoid having duplicates appear in your library. Question Is it possible to keep songs purchased on Apple Music without subscribing to the service? Knoziz AlbumsCommunity Question and Answer The iTunes Store collection contains tracks that you have purchased (and so paid for) and downloaded
- You may keep them indefinitely. For as long as you have an Apple Music membership (the first three months are free), you may stream or download music (but not transfer or duplicate them) from the company’s catalog (which is somewhat smaller).
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Enable the iCloud Music Library in your Apple device. 2. Launch the Apple Music application. 3. SelectLibrary from the drop-down menu. 4. Locate a song, an album, or a playlist that you like. 5. Select the cloud icon with a downward-pointing arrow from the drop-down menu. Did you find this overview to be helpful? Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 48,217 times so far.
Did this article help you?
Apple Music has just been accessible to the general public for a little over a month, and so far, the service appears to be gaining traction as more non-streaming iPhone customers make the switch. If you want to include your existing collection of indie hits, self-recorded tracks, and underground tunes into Apple’s burgeoning streaming catalog, though, you’ll have to be creative. As a result, it is simple to add songs from your own collection to the Apple Music library, and it works from both the iTunes desktop client and any music you have stored or recorded on your mobile iOS device.
Apple Music will first scan any local libraries you may have to check whether they contain any music that is already accessible in the streaming archive. This will happen automatically when you first subscribe to the service. If it does not find any matches for the music you wish to add, you may go to the next step, which is importing your own music into the iTunes/iCloud ecosystem for storage and listening.
To begin, launch the iTunes desktop client and navigate to the iTunes Menu. Select “Add File to Library” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. Navigate to the music on your computer that you wish to include and open it in iTunes. Once the file has been synchronized, you can either use it to construct a playlist that includes any music purchased via your iTunes account, or you may combine it into a library that contains your favorited and saved Apple Music tracks, among other things.
Format Restrictions and Rules
Those songs that are encoded in the WAV, ALAC, or AIFF formats will be transcoded to a separate temporary AAC 256 Kbps file locally before to uploading, while the original files will remain unaffected. During the uploading process, you’ll want to make sure that your iTunes iCloud Music Library is activated, so that you don’t lose any music while switching between your desktop computer, laptop, and mobile devices. Even individual MP3 files (as well as AAC files) will have to fulfill certain requirements before they are permitted for synchronization with Apple Music under this same set of constraints.
Adding the track(s) to the iTunes iCloud Music Library will allow you to access them from any iOS device of your choosing, provided that the track itself is not DRM locked by a third party.
Photographs courtesy of Apple iTunes and Wikimedia1. The links in the preceding article may be affiliate links, which help to fund How-To Geek.
How To Download (And Delete) Songs On Apple Music For Offline Listening
Apple Music is jam-packed with features, one of which is the option to download songs to listen to them later on the go. In just a few seconds, you’ll learn how to get started. Many AppleMusic options are available to users that they should be aware of, including the ability to download (and delete) songs. Apple Music is by no means the only streaming service that allows members to do this, but it is one of the most crucial elements of any music streaming service, regardless of the platform. The ability to download music for offline playing is a convenient feature that may be used whether a person has a slow internet connection at home, is traveling in a region without Wi-Fi, or anything in between.
- Despite the fact that the music service has only been operational since 2015, it has quickly established itself as one of the top streaming alternatives available.
- The Lossless/Spatial Audio feature on Apple Music is another standout feature, since it allows tunes to sound better than ever before.
- When it comes to downloading music from Apple Music to listen to them later, the process is really straightforward.
- This will add the album/playlist to someone’s Library, which is necessary before it can be downloaded from their computer to their device.
- Select “Start Download” to begin the process of downloading the music so that they may be listened to when not connected to the internet.
- If someone only wants to download a specific song rather than an entire album, they can do so by tapping the three dots next to the song and then selecting ‘Download.’
How To Delete Downloaded Apple Music Songs
In addition to the option to download music for offline listening, Apple Music offers a slew of other benefits. In just a few seconds, you’ll learn how to get things started. Many AppleMusic options are available to users that they should be aware of, such as the ability to download (and delete) songs. Apple Music is by no means the only streaming service that allows members to do this, but it is one of the most crucial elements of any music streaming service, regardless of the platform used.
- Downloading music is only one of the numerous features available with Apple Music, which includes many more.
- Offering over 75 million songs, editor-curated playlists, and live radio stations, Apple Music is available for $9.99/month for individuals and $14.99/month for families.
- Lossless/Spatial Audio is another feature that distinguishes Apple Music from the competition and allows music to sound better than ever before.
- When it comes to downloading music from Apple Music to listen to them later, the process is really simple and straightforward.
- This will add the album/playlist to someone’s Library, which is necessary before it can be downloaded from their computer to their hard drive.
- Select “Start Download” to begin the process of downloading the music so that they may be listened to while not connected to the Internet.
A individual song, rather than a whole album, can be downloaded by selecting the three dots adjacent to the song and then selecting ‘Download.’
Apple Music – Apps on Google Play
Enjoy music in a way you’ve never experienced it before. Apple Music brings you closer to the songs, albums, and artists that you like listening to the most. You’ll get unrestricted access to millions of songs as well as your complete music collection. All of this is completely ad-free and available on all of your devices. Today, you can try it for free for three months. There is no obligation, and you may cancel at any moment. Stream over 75 million songs, all without being interrupted by advertisements.
- Using Chromecast, you may stream your favorite music to your preferred device.
- In Listen Now, you may create your own playlists or receive tailored mixes and top recommendations based on the music you enjoy listening to.
- Available both in real time and on demand.
- Right within the app, you may search for music based on lyrics.
- To see what music your friends are currently listening to and what playlists they’ve shared, create a profile and follow them on the app.
- The availability and features may differ depending on the nation or location.
How To Download All Your Songs in Apple Music to Your iPhone (iOS 15)
Tap the cloud symbol next to a song to download it to your iPhone for offline listening with Apple Music or iTunes. The song will begin to download as soon as you do so. However, if you’ve recently cleansed your iPhone or purchased a new one, you’ll want to download all of your music, and hitting that cloud symbol next to hundreds of artists or albums isn’t really entertaining. We’ll teach you how to sync music from your iTunes library to your iPhone, as well as a fantastic tip for downloading all of your songs from Apple Music at once.
Let’s get started.
- Tap the cloud symbol next to a song to download it to your iPhone for offline listening with Apple Music or iTunes. The song will begin to download as soon as you do. If, on the other hand, you’ve recently erased your iPhone or purchased a new one, you’ll want to download all of your music, and hitting the cloud button next to hundreds of artists or albums isn’t really entertaining. Learn how to sync music from iTunes to your iPhone, as well as a great method for downloading all of your songs from Apple Music at once in this tutorial. – You don’t have to click on the download button a hundred times! Take a deep breath and dive in. In related news, here’s how to delete music off your iPhone but not from iTunes or your iCloud Music Library:
How To Download Apple Music or iTunes Songs to Your iPhone
If you don’t have access to a computer or if you simply want to send a few playlists from iTunes or Apple Music to your smartphone, this is the method to use. If you just want to see what you’ve been listening to, check out our guide on how to browse your Apple Music history.
- If you don’t have access to a computer or if you simply want to send a few playlists from iTunes or Apple Music to your smartphone, this is the method to use instead. Viewing your Apple Music history is simple if all you want is a record of what you’ve been listening to.
This is not the most expedient technique. To go through your entire iTunes or Apple Music library and download each item one at a time can be tedious and inefficient; however, if you don’t have access to a computer but still want to download all of the songs from your Apple Music or iTunes library to listen to them later, this method will suffice (with patience). Return to the top of the page
How to Download All Your Songs Using Music on a Mac or iTunes on a Windows PC
If you want to download your complete collection without having to keep hitting the download button over and again, this method is for you. You’ll need an iTunes-compatible PC or a Mac running MacOS Catalina or later to complete this task.
- OpenMusic on your Macintosh computer. Make sure your Windows computer is in tune. You are not need to download all of your music on this computer, although you are welcome to do so if you choose
- SelectFile, then New, then Smart Playlist from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. A box will appear, allowing you to choose the criteria by which the Smart Playlist determines which songs to include.
- Leave the Match box ticked and the Music option chosen. The following rule will be applied to the addition of songs to the playlist: ChooseTimefrom the second drop-down box and ensure that it is greater than in the first. In order to be included in the playlist, songs must have a duration (time) that is more than the value you specify next. In the time formatting box, enter 00:00
- This will ensure that all of your songs are included because they are all more than zero seconds in length. Make certain that theLimit to box is not ticked. Check for live updating to ensure that any new songs that are added to your Apple Music Library are also downloaded
- Continue with the Match checkbox checked and the Music selection selected. Songs that fit the following rule will be included to the playlist: ChoosingTimefrom the second drop-down box and ensuring that it is greater than in the first. If a song’s duration (time) is greater than the value you provide next, the playlist will include it. In the time formatting box, enter 00:00
- This will ensure that all of your songs are included because they are all greater than zero seconds in length
- Remove the check mark from theLimit to box. Check for live updating to ensure that any new songs that are uploaded to your Apple Music Library are also downloaded.
As a smart playlist, it will automatically incorporate any new songs you upload to Apple Music as well as any songs you purchase from iTunes that satisfy the criteria. Additionally, because it is a playlist, you may download the entire thing by tapping the download symbol at the top. It makes no difference how much music you have stored on the PC that will be used to construct this playlist. All of the songs available for download will be included in this playlist at all times. Pro Tip: It is typical for Apple Music to launch immediately on your Mac when you turn on your computer.
We’ll need to transfer this playlist to your iPhone at this point.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can sync your library by going to the Music menu on your Mac, selecting PreferencesGeneral, and checking the Sync Library box. Obviously, if you don’t see that choice, it means that you don’t currently have an Apple Music membership. In addition, you may check the Sync Library setting on your iPhone’s SettingsMusic to ensure that it is enabled there as well as on your Mac. The songs on your playlist will now appear on your iPhone automatically. If you do not have an Apple Music subscription, you may get one here: If you’d want to transmit your playlist to your iPhone, follow the instructions outlined in the section below titledHow to Download All Your iTunes Music to Your iPhone using a USB Cable. In any case, after the playlist has been downloaded to your iPhone, open Music on your iPhone. Select My Library from the drop-down menu. Playlists can be selected. Select the playlist that you have just generated on your computer’s hard drive. At the top of your playlist, click on the download icon, which is located next to the album image. All of your music will begin to download as soon as you click on the button.
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you may sync your library by selecting PreferencesGeneral from the Music menu in your Mac’s Music application. If you don’t see that choice, it’s likely that your Apple Music membership isn’t now active. Make sure the Sync Library feature is on in SettingsMusic on your iPhone as well as on your Mac by going to SettingsMusic > Sync Library. Your playlist will now be immediately downloaded to your iPhone. For those of you who do not have an Apple Music subscription, here are some alternatives: If you’d want to transmit your playlist to your iPhone, follow the procedures outlined in the section below titledHow to Download All of Your iTunes Music to Your iPhone using a USB Cable.
Alternatively, you may choose to view your library by selecting My Library from the menu.
Using your computer, navigate to the playlist you just generated.
You will be able to begin downloading all of your music.
How To Download All iTunes Music to Your iPhone Using a USB Cable
If you already have your music collection on your computer, or if you’ve followed the steps above but don’t have an Apple Music membership, you may use this technique instead. You’ll need an iTunes-compatible PC or a Mac running MacOS Catalina or later to complete this task.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the included USB cord. Make use of Music on your Mac or iTunes on your Windows machine
- Optional: If you already have music on your iPhone, then select Transfer Purchases from the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click on the symbol for your iPhone in the location bar on the left. This will copy any music that is currently on your iPhone to your PC. Wait for it to finish
- Then, in Finder on your Mac, choose your iPhone from the location bar by clicking on it. If you are using a Windows computer, go to the iTunes interface and click on the tinyPhone symbol in the upper left corner
- You should see an interface similar to the one shown below. On a Windows machine, the interface will be a little different, but all of the same features should be available. Select the Music option from the drop-down menu. Check the Sync Music box under the Music tab. In the event that you have previously downloaded your music collection to your computer, you will be able to sync the music from your computer directly to your iPhone using a cable. All that is left to do is transmit the smart playlist you created to your iPhone if you followed the procedures outlined above to build a single smart playlist including all of your songs. In either case, I propose that you select artists, albums, genres, and playlists that you enjoy. Select the Playlists tab from the drop-down menu of available songs. While you may select any playlists you’d want to have on your iPhone by checking the boxes next to them, it’s important to remember to submit that smart playlist you created. ClickApply. This will transmit all of the files you picked on your Mac to your iPhone, replacing any other music or iTunes material you may have previously owned on your iPhone with the items you selected. Once the sync is complete, you may detach your iPhone from your Mac or Windows computer just like you would any other USB device. When using your iPhone’s Music app, you should be able to find the playlists, artists, and songs that you’ve created. (Optional) After creating a smart playlist using the instructions in the preceding section, you’ll want to hit thedownload symbol for that playlist to download your complete music library to your iPhone
- Otherwise, you’ll want to tap thedownload icon for your whole music library.
Return to the top of the page.
Make Sure All Future Music Is Automatically Downloaded to Apple Music
Because you have gone through the bother of downloading all of your music on your iPhone, you are probably not interested in having to go through the same ordeal again in the near future. You may, however, enable a feature under Music that will cause all new songs that are added to your iCloud Music Library to be downloaded to your device for offline listening as soon as they are uploaded. You may enable the feature by following these steps:
- Open theSettings app on your iPhone and select General. TapMusic
- Toggle on Automatic Downloads in the Downloads section.
All of your future songs will now be downloaded to your iPhone without your intervention. Are you concerned that it will take up too much space on your device?
Make use of this method to make your Apple Music storage more efficient. Top GongTo / Shutterstock.com is credited with this image. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.
What is Apple Music and how does it work?
According to Pocket-lint, Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming service similar to Spotify, which provides access to more than 90 million songs for a monthly membership fee. It’s jam-packed with features, like offline listening for when you’re not connected, and it consolidates all of your music into an one location – including tracks that have been copied directly from CDs. Apple Music also includes live radio stations, as well as connectivity with Siri, allowing you to operate the majority of your devices with voice commands.
squirrel widget 4443206 With this Curve card, you may accumulate rewards and advantages on all of your current credit cards.
Every time you make a payment, this ingenious technique will save you time and effort.
What is Apple Music?
“Apple Music” is a subscription-based music streaming service (much to Spotify) that provides access to over 90 million songs. (Pocket-lint) It has other features, such as offline listening for when you are not connected, and it consolidates all of your music in one location – even tracks that have been extracted from CDs. Apple Music also includes live radio stations, as well as integration with Siri, allowing you to operate the majority of your devices with only your voice. It includes information on how much Apple Music costs, what it delivers, and how to utilize the service.
squirrel widget 4443206 With this Curve card, you may stack awards and bonuses on all of your current cards.
How much does Apple Music cost?
When you join up for the free trial, Apple Music is accessible for three months free of charge. After that, you may choose from three different subscription options, with a fourth plan on the way. Individual plans are available for £9.99 or $9.99 per month. A Family plan, which can accommodate up to six people, is available for £14.99 or $14.99 per month, which is less expensive than Spotify’s counterpart. The University Student plan, which costs £4.99/$4.99 a month, is the third option available.
TheApple One package, which is described in further detail below, is also worth mentioning since it will save you money if you subscribe to various Apple services.
- Why should you sign up for Apple Music Family Plan and what benefits it provides
Squirrel widget 4443206
Apple One bundle
Apple One, the company’s services package that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and Fitness+, will arrive in October 2020 and will be known as Apple One. It enables you to subscribe to Apple Music through one of three distinct Apple One package tiers: Individual, Family, or Premier, depending on your needs. Individual and Family plans from Apple One are available in over 100 countries and territories, including the United States and the United Kingdom.
The Premier plan was also released, however it was only available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. The following is the price of each Apple One tier:
- You can subscribe to Apple Music for £14.95/$14.95 per month, and you’ll also receive access to Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage. Family: For £14.95/$19.95 per month, you may subscribe to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for up to six members of your family. In addition to the aforementioned features, Premier includes an increase in iCloud storage capacity from 1GB to 2TB per month, as well as additional subscriptions to News+ magazine and newspaper services and the Fitness+ service for £29.95/$29.95 per month.
First-time customers can subscribe to Apple One by following the procedures outlined below:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Click on the General tab. Navigate to yournameat the top of the Settings page
- Make a selection from theSubscriptionsmenu. Choose Get Apple One from the drop-down menu. Select theApple One tier that you like
- Start a free trial by selectingStart a free trial.
If you currently have an Apple subscription, such as to Apple Music, you will get a pro-rated refund for the number of days remaining on your existing Apple Music membership (s). To learn more about Apple One, please see our guide to the device.
Do you need a subscription?
Unless you have a paid membership, you may still listen to music that has been purchased, ripped, or transferred to your device. However, you will not be able to take advantage of all of the benefits that Apple Music has to offer, including offline listening. In the case of people who have iTunes Match, they will be able to utilize Apple Music to listen to any music they have uploaded to iCloud without the need for a membership to Apple Music. You’ll also be able to listen to Apple Music 1 as well as Apple stations that are sponsored by advertisements.
You’ll have unlimited skips for Apple Music radio stations, unlimited listening for the full Apple Music catalogue, and access to your previously purchased and ripped music collection with this subscription.
Which devices support Apple Music?
Apple Music may be accessed with the use of the following devices:
- IOS devices: Update to the most recent iOS version and activate the Music app
- Android devices: A linked iPhone (iPhone 5 or later) can send an update to the Apple Watch. It is now possible to use the Apple TV-Default Music app on the new Apple TV box. iTunes on the Mac should be updated to the most recent version and launched. Using a computer, update to the most recent version of iTunes and launch it. HomePod- The smart speaker is pre-loaded with Apple Music
- It is also compatible with other streaming services. Android users should download the app from Google Play and start it. Sonos-Download and open the Sonos application.
Upgrades to the most recent version of iTunes are required for both Mac and PC users, and may be completed by visiting this Apple support website. Meanwhile, Android users may visit this help page to learn more about how to get Apple Music up and running on their devices.
Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
Music from your Apple Music library can be synced to your Apple Watch in the same way that a playlist is synced. All of the music is kept locally on the Apple Watch.
Where is Apple Music available?
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom. You can see the entire list by clicking here.
Once you have downloaded and signed up for the Apple Music app, you will be taken through a music-tailoring process that will ask you to choose music genres you enjoy and dislike, followed by musicians you enjoy and detest, among other things. The Listen Now screen will be displayed when you’ve completed the straightforward procedure of getting started. Pocket-lint The Apple Music app has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen that allows you to navigate and see the portion of the app you are currently in.
- Based on your stated preferences, your listening habits, and the music you have in your possession, we’ve created a personalized recommendation for you.
- From there, you’ll get a slew of options on the screen, including genre-specific playlists, albums, and guest playlists created by artists, among other things.
- Browse:An editorially chosen selection of music from throughout the service is available for you to browse.
- You may also sort these fresh curation by genre if you choose.
- Pocket-lint Radio: This is the home of Apple Music 1, the 24-hour, worldwide-broadcast radio station.
- Below that, you’ll find Pandora-like stations, as well as the classic iTunes Radio channels, among other things.
- Apple Music Library: This is a place where you can navigate through all of your music, whether it’s through iTunes, a CD, or any of the streamable tracks available through Apple Music.
- This page may be customized to your liking.
You may even search by lyrics, in which case you only need to type a few phrases from a song you like and it will automatically discover it for you. It will also inform you of what is currently popular in this sector.
How does Apple Music work?
Apple Music has a number of built-in features, controls, and customization choices. Here are a few of the most important ones to keep in mind: Pocket-lint Play some music: To have a miniplayer appear at the bottom of the screen, tap on any play button on the playlist, or on an individual song or album to see it display on the screen. Select a song from the Now Playing screen to access its controls, which include the option to download it for offline listening, skip it, play next, like it or dislike it, share it via AirPlay or other means, add it to your library, establish a station, and see the lyrics.
Make use of Siri: In addition, you can ask Siri to “play the top songs from 2021,” “play more songs like this,” “add the new Drake album to my library,” “play all Drake songs” (to listen to all of Drake’s music, even if it isn’t in your library), and “play my Drake music” (to listen to Drake’s songs that you have saved to your library) among other things.
- There will also be a new selection of playlists available that can be managed by Siri in the near future.
- Search: To search for genres, songs, albums, and artists, use the magnifying glass button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Using the search term Drake, you will receive the most relevant results, including top results for Drake songs, albums, playlists, artists, and radio stations.
- Pocket-lint Create a library: Hit the “+” button to add an album or playlist to your library after searching for an artist, such as Drake.
- When you press on the three dots, you’ll also see a “Download” option, which allows you to listen to the music when not connected to the internet.
- Adding songs and albums to a playlist is as simple as touching the three-dot (more choices) button on the Now Playing screen and selecting Add to a Playlist from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Additionally, on the Library page, you’ll find options to filter all of your playlists and create new ones under the Playlists section.
Music to share: Selecting the share button on any song or playlist in the three dots menu will allow you to send the link to a friend on Facebook or Twitter, send it in an email, or copy the URL.
The radio tab will not only display what is now playing on the radio, but it will also provide a schedule of forthcoming events and DJs in the section below.
If you’re going to be out of range, it’s a good idea to have one.
There are no restrictions on what you can store offline or how long you may keep it offline.
Your login credentials are as follows: When you click on the Listen Now tab, you will see a profile symbol in the top right corner.
To access account-related options, such as seeing what your friends are listening to, upgrading your membership, and managing alerts, tap it on the home screen. Pocket-lint
What is Apple Music TV?
Apple Music TV is a music video station that broadcasts music videos. You can find it under the Browse area of the Apple Music app or the Apple TV app, depending on which app you are using. Apple Music TV differs from Apple Music 1 in that it is a streaming service (previously branded as Beats 1). Apple Music TV is a free, 24-hour, curated live stream of popular music videos, whereas Apple Music 1 is a 24-hour music radio station owned by Apple that broadcasts music videos every hour of the day.
Weekly video premieres on Apple’s music video channel take place at 12:00 ET on Fridays.
To give you an example, Bruce Springsteen was one of the first artists to make an appearance on Apple Music TV to promote his next album, Letter to You.
What are some tips and tricks?
Check out Pocket-collection lint’s of usefulApple Music tips and techniques that everyone should know.
Are there any alternatives?
Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer, and Tidal are just a few of the readily available choices. Each of these services allows you to not only stream music but also continue listening while you’re not connected to the internet. However, you’ll need to pay a monthly fee to have access to offline listening as well as other premium features. You may learn more about all of these services by reading the Pocket-lint round-ups that are included below:
- Spotify, Tidal, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music Unlimited are all options.
Maggie Tillman is the author of this piece. Britta O’Boyle was in charge of the editing.
How to Download Music to Apple Watch
- Maggie Tillman is the author of the piece. Britta O’Boyle was in charge of the editing for this story.
This article explains how to download music to your Apple Watch so that you may listen to it when not connected to the internet using your iPhone. The article also discusses how to download music from the popular streaming service Spotify.
How to Download Music to Apple Watch
The process of downloading music to your Apple Watch is a rather straightforward one, provided you know where to look. Learn how to download and sync music to your Apple Watch in this tutorial.
- The Apple Watch application may be accessed via your associated iPhone. Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping it. It’s possible that you’ll have to select your Apple Watch from a list first. Select “Add Music” from the drop-down menu. Look through your music library to pick the tune or tracks that you want to include
- To add an album or playlist to your Apple Watch, click on the + symbol next to the title of the album or playlist.
Can Apple Watch Play Music Offline?
Yes, as long as you have adequate storage capacity on your Apple Watch’s internal storage. Here’s how to go about it.
- To access the Music app on your Apple Watch, swipe left. TapLibrary
- To locate what you’re looking for, use the Playlists, Artists, or Albums filters. Select the song or album that you wish to listen to
- Press the three dots on your keyboard
- The music will now be downloaded to your Apple Watch so that you may listen to it while not connected to the internet.
How Do I Put Music on My Apple Watch Without My iPhone?
If you have an Apple Music membership, you may add music to your Apple Watch directly from the device. Here’s how to go about it.
- To add an album or playlist to your Apple Watch, open the Music app and select Library, Listen Now, or Search from the drop-down menu. Select the album from the drop-down menu. Press the three dots on your keyboard
- Select “Add to Library” from the drop-down menu. Apple Watch users may now listen to the music on their wristwatches. Follow the steps outlined above to download it for offline listening.
Can I Download Spotify Songs to Apple Watch?
Songs from Spotify may be downloaded to your Apple Watch for offline or online listening, depending on your preferences. You’ll need a Spotify Premium account in order to listen to music when not connected to the internet. Here’s how to get tunes onto your computer.
- On your Apple Watch, press the Spotify button. To access Your Library, swipe to the left. Tap on Your Library to open it. To download a playlist or album, select it from the drop-down menu. Press the three dots on your keyboard
- Select Download to Apple Watch from the drop-down menu. The song or album will begin to download at this point.
How to Add a Workout Playlist to Your Apple Watch
You may do this if you want to create a playlist that will automatically play when you begin a workout with the Workout app. Here’s what you should do.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app
- Select Workout
- And then select Workout Playlist from the menu. To locate this, you may need to go down a little bit. Select the music that you wish to be played automatically every time you start a workout.
- Choose Workout from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then Workout Playlist from the Workout menu on your computer. To locate this, you may have to scroll down a little. Make a selection from the playlist you wish to be played automatically every time you start a workout.
Thank you for informing us about this!
Download your music so you can listen offline
It is possible to download songs, albums, and even complete playlists to your iPhone or iPad for offline listening if you will not be connected to the internet or if you are concerned about using up your cellular data plan.
Why download music instead of streaming it?
Streaming is a fantastic experience: You may listen to whatever you want, including Beats 1, at any time, and it won’t take up any important storage space on your mobile device. However, it comes with a cellular cost, which is especially noticeable if you have a limited data plan. Moreover, even if you have an unlimited cellular plan, there are some situations in which streaming music is simply not practical, such as on aircraft or on camping trips. If you have an Apple Music subscription and have enabled iCloud Music Library, you will be able to download any song, album, or playlist from the company’s catalog for offline listening; if you use iTunes Match, you will be able to download anything from your Mac’s library to your iPhone or iPad for offline listening.
- How to set up an automated download of material
- The process of selecting and downloading content
- How to only play music that has been downloaded
- How to remove music that has been downloaded
How to automatically download content
You have the option of deciding whether or not content is automatically downloaded when it is added to your library.
- On your mobile device, open the Settingsapp and select Music. Then, under Downloads, toggle the Automatic Downloads checkbox.
When this toggle is turned on, any music that is selected for forwarding is immediately downloaded to the device in question. This option has no effect on the functionality of your other devices. Apple makes it simple to maximize the amount of music storage available on your mobile device. To establish a minimum storage threshold, do the following:
- On your mobile device, open the Settingsapp and select Music. Then, under Downloads, select Optimize Storage and set the minimum storage size. The number of available levels is determined on the quantity of storage space available on your device.
How to select/download content
The procedure for downloading content differs somewhat depending on whether the downloads are conducted automatically or manually. With automated downloads, you may perform the following:
- The Music app on your iPhone or iPad should now be open. Choose the song or album that you wish to download
- Select the song or album by tapping the+or+Addbutton next to it.
The music will be downloaded to your device on its own accord. After it has been downloaded, you will see albums that have been tagged as downloaded. With manual downloads, you may perform the following:
- Activate the Music application on your iPhone or iPad
- Select the song or album you’d want to add to your collection by tapping the+or+ Add button next to it. To download a song or an album, simply tap thecloudicon.
How to view only downloaded music
To see only the stuff that has been downloaded:
- Activate the Music application on your iPhone or iPad
- In the Music app on your mobile device, select theLibrary tab
- Then tap OK. At the top of the screen, click on “Download Music.”
The content that has been downloaded is grouped into playlists, artists, albums, and songs.
How to delete downloaded music
To delete certain content from your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Activate the Music application on your iPhone or iPad
- The music or album that you’ve downloaded should be touched and held
- Then select eitherRemove DownloadsorDelete from Library, depending on your desire.
To completely erase all music from your mobile device, follow these steps:
- On your mobile device, open the Settings application. ChooseMusic
- Tap Downloaded Music.
- TapEditat the top right
- Choose the drop-down menu to the left of All Songs or specific songs
- And then choose Save at the bottom. TapDelete.
The content you chose has now been downloaded to your computer. Please keep in mind that the content is still part of your library.
What about the Mac?
To see the tracks that have been downloaded to your Mac, go to:
- To begin, launch the Musicapp on your Macintosh device. Songs may be found on the left-hand side of the screen. View may be accessed using the Apple Toolbar. Select Only Downloaded Music from the View drop-down menu.
Only the tracks that have been downloaded using the Music app are now shown. Nota bene: Since the release of macOS Catalina, the iTunes application on the Mac has been replaced by the Music application.
Leave your opinions in the comments section below if you have any further questions regarding listening to music on your mobile devices. August 2019: This page has been updated. This package contains material for the iOS 13 beta. The work of Serenity Caldwell on a previous edition of this guide was much appreciated.
Millions of music are available to you in your pocket. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available on Apple’s music streaming service.
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
You will require a digital to analog converter in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music on your computer (DAC). Let’s take a look at which digital audio converters are the finest for your iPhone or iPad.