GET YOUR MUSIC ON APPLE MUSIC
- Sign up for a TuneCore account to get your music on Apple Music.
- Select the type of release you want to get on Apple Music: single or album.
- Upload your music and cover art to put your songs on Apple Music.
- Add music contributors so they get credited when your songs are played.
How to add your own music to Apple Music?
- Launch your iTunes on your PC or Mac. From the menu bar,click File and choose the Add File to Library option from the drop-down menu.
- Find the song (s) you want to add from your computer,and open it in iTunes.
- When the file is synced,your new song will show up in the Apple Music on your iPhone if all goes well.
- 1 How much does it cost to get your music on Apple?
- 2 How do I get all my songs on Apple Music?
- 3 How do I add my own music to Apple Music 2020?
- 4 Can you upload music to Apple Music for free?
- 5 Does Apple Music pay artists?
- 6 How much is a 1 year subscription to Apple Music?
- 7 How do I access my iCloud music library?
- 8 Why can’t I download songs on Apple Music?
- 9 How do I get Apple Music to automatically download on my iPhone?
- 10 Why can’t I play my music on Apple Music?
- 11 Is Apple Music better than Spotify?
- 12 How do I add artists to Apple music?
- 13 How do artists use Apple music?
- 14 Get your music on Apple Music – Apple Music for Artists
- 15 Music distribution
- 16 How to Get Music on Apple Music for Artists
- 16.1 First, what exactly is Apple Music?
- 16.2 Cool! But what’s Spinnup’s role in all this?
- 16.3 Wait, what? I could get a record deal?
- 16.4 What’s so special about Apple Music?
- 16.5 What if I already have music on iTunes, is it automatically on Apple Music?
- 16.6 If I’m already on iTunes, should I bother with Apple Music?
- 16.7 Apple Music: Five Fast Facts
- 17 Why Has All My Music Disappeared from Apple Music? (How to fix it!)
- 18 Why Has All My Music Disappeared from Apple Music?
- 19 iOS 14 Update
- 20 Signing Out of iTunes
- 21 Expired Apple Music Subscription
- 22 How to Recover Music After iOS 14 Update
- 23 Ensure Apple Music Is Turned On
- 24 Reset Your iPhone
- 25 Clean Up Junk Files
- 26 Turn On iCloud Music Library
- 27 Re-download Purchased Music Via iTunes Store
- 28 Recover Music Using iPhone Music Recovery Tool
- 29 Restore Music Lost Due to System Problems
- 30 Use AnyTrans
- 31 Renew Your Apple Music Subscription
- 32 Why Isn’t My Music Library Syncing to My iPhone?
- 33 How Do I Get My iTunes Music Back PC?
- 34 Why Did My iTunes Music Disappear?
- 35 Conclusion
- 36 Gemtracks.com
- 37 Apple Music: Our Complete Guide
- 38 Apple Music’s Standout Features
- 39 Other Apple Music Features
- 40 Live Radio Stations
- 41 What’s Included in a Subscription
- 42 Apple Music Availability
- 43 Classical Music
- 44 Apple Music Voice Plan
- 45 Device Compatibility
- 46 Cost
- 47 Apple Music Basics
- 48 Using Apple Music
- 49 Managing Your Music
- 50 Finding Songs
- 51 Radio
- 52 Sharing
- 53 Apple Music on Other Devices
- 54 More Apple Music Tips
- 55 Apple Music Comparison Guides
- 56 Music Quality
- 57 DRM
- 58 Guide Feedback
- 59 Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- 60 Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- 61 About the Author
- 62 What is Apple Music and how does it work?
- 63 What is Apple Music?
- 64 How much does Apple Music cost?
- 65 Do you need a subscription?
- 66 Which devices support Apple Music?
- 67 Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
- 68 Where is Apple Music available?
- 69 How do you navigate Apple Music?
- 70 How does Apple Music work?
- 71 What is Apple Music TV?
- 72 What are some tips and tricks?
- 73 Are there any alternatives?
How much does it cost to get your music on Apple?
Choose the plan that’s right for you. Apple Music is available in iTunes, and for iOS and Android devices. $4.99/mo.
How do I get all my songs on Apple Music?
You can download all your Apple Music tracks on an Android device by installing the Apple Music app. You’ll find all songs, albums, and playlists listed in the “Library” section of the app. When you locate what you want to download, simply tap the “Download” button.
How do I add my own music to Apple Music 2020?
You can drag and drop a file directly into your iTunes or Music window to import it. Or you can use the top menu: select File, then Add to Library or Import. You can select a folder to import all audio files inside that folder. If this doesn’t work, search your Mac for the folder called “Automatically add to iTunes”.
Can you upload music to Apple Music for free?
Over 40 million people use Apple Music to discover and listen to music new and old – get your music on there and let them experience your talent, for FREE! It’s as simple as signing up for a free account at www.routenote.com and uploading your music.
Does Apple Music pay artists?
Apple Music’s team of global tastemakers hand-curate 30,000 editorial playlists. As a result of our commitment to these values, Apple Music paid out royalties for more than 5 million recording artists around the world in 2020, over 1 million more than in 2019.
How much is a 1 year subscription to Apple Music?
$9.99/month or $99/year for individuals. $14.99/month for families (up to 6 users) $4.99/month for college students. Included with Apple One bundles from $14.95.
How do I access my iCloud music library?
To turn on iCloud Music Library:
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Go to the General tab and select iCloud Music Library to turn it on. If you don’t subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on iCloud Music Library.
- Click OK.
Why can’t I download songs on Apple Music?
Downloading issues can be related to several factors, including connection issues, or lack of space on your device. Basic tips from Apple include closing the app and restarting your iPhone or iPad. You may also want to double-check that your Apple Music subscription hasn’t expired.
How do I get Apple Music to automatically download on my iPhone?
Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads. Songs you add are automatically downloaded to iPhone. See download progress: On the Library screen, tap Downloaded Music, then tap Downloading.
Why can’t I play my music on Apple Music?
If Apple Music isn’t playing on your iPhone or iPad, try shutting down the app and opening it again, or restart your device. If all but a single song or two will play, delete it from your Apple Music library and re-download it to get a clean file.
Is Apple Music better than Spotify?
After comparing these two streaming services, Apple Music is a better option than Spotify Premium simply because it currently offers high-resolution streaming. However, Spotify still has some major advantages like collaborative playlists, better social features, and more.
How do I add artists to Apple music?
How to add a user in the iOS app
- Sign in to the app and tap the artist you want to manage.
- Tap the ellipsis, then tap Manage and scroll to the Users section.
- Tap Invite User, then enter the user’s email address.
- Select the user’s relationship and the permissons you want to grant to the new user.
- Tap Invite.
How do artists use Apple music?
How to claim your artist page in the iOS app. Sign in to the Apple Music for Artists app with your Apple ID. Download the Apple Music for Artists app, or create an Apple ID if you have not already. Tap Request Artist Access, and copy and paste your iTunes Store artist page link to search.
Get your music on Apple Music – Apple Music for Artists
The time has come for you to show the world your masterpiece that you have crafted. When it comes to getting your music on streaming systems such as Apple Music, there are normally two options: Artists on the label: Your record label will arrange the delivery of your music on your behalf in order to meet your distribution demands. Independent artists: You will require a direct collaboration with an Apple-preferred distributor who will provide you with the necessary tools and resources to get your career off to a flying start.
In the music industry, the job of a distributor is critical in terms of success. Material, data, and payment distributors make it possible for streaming services, download shops, and the millions of artists who use those services to make their music available to fans to share content, data, and payments in an efficient manner. Shortly said, distributors make it easier for artists to manage the often complex economic arrangements of the entertainment industry while still concentrating the majority of their attention on creating new work.
Digital distributors can assist you in three crucial areas when it comes to managing the interaction between retailers and streaming services such as Apple Music:
- Recorded royalty payment and collection, music licensing and distribution, music metadata supply, and other services.
In addition to basic distribution, the majority of distributors provide extra services such as publishing and performance rights management as well as promotional services such as lyrics delivery and metadata translation. Numerous distributors will also work with you to distribute additional sorts of material in addition to music, such as music videos or even concert documentaries. You should consult our list of Apple-preferred distributors to locate the best distributor for your requirements if you believe that these extra factors will be vital for your development as an artist.
Locate a distributor who carries Apple products.
How to Get Music on Apple Music for Artists
I think it’s safe to say that if you’re a musician, you’ve probably heard of Apple Music, and you might even use it as your favorite streaming platform. However, some of you may be wondering, precisely how can you obtain access to Apple Music? Spinnup! is our response.
First, what exactly is Apple Music?
Software Store users will find Apple Music to be a single easy app that brings together a wide range of methods to enjoy music in a single spot. In addition to streaming music, Apple Music Connect allows artists to share lyrics, photos, videos, and songs with their fans, as well as interact with them. It includes online radio, which includes the live 24-hour radio station Beats 1, as well as an entire range of expertly curated stations in genres ranging from indie rock to classical and folk to funk, as well as an Apple Music streaming music service.
Apple Music is offered in more than 100 countries across the world for a free three-month trial period, after which a $9.99 monthly subscription cost is charged. Apple Music also offers a $14.99 per month family plan that allows up to six family members to subscribe.
Cool! But what’s Spinnup’s role in all this?
Using an aggregator (such as us) is the only way to get your music on Apple Music. This means that we do all of the legwork for you in order to get your music on Apple Music. All that is required is that you construct your release on Spinnup in a few simple steps; we have some helpful ideas on how to achieve this in ourFAQson. After that, we double-check that it’s structured appropriately and that it adheres to Apple Music’s stringent requirements, and voilà! Your song will be available for streaming to the entire world in a few days.
With Spinnup, not only will you have access to a global audience of listeners, but you’ll also have the opportunity to be heard by our team of Scouts, who are continuously on the lookout for the most promising new talent to sign with Universal Music.
Wait, what? I could get a record deal?
Yes, you are correct! As the only digital music distribution network with a direct link with a major record label, Spinnup is unique in the industry. For our parent business Universal Music, the world’s largest record label, we serve not just as a distribution service but also as a platform for discovering new talent. Our specialized staff scours all of our releases in search of the most promising new talent to showcase to the A Rs teams at Universal Music Group. Currently, we have 80 musicians signed to Universal Music labels as a result of our work with Spinnup!
Take a look at some of the success tales of artists below.
What’s so special about Apple Music?
Yes, you are correct. In addition to having a direct link with a major record label, Spinnup is the first digital music distribution platform to do so. For our parent business Universal Music, the world’s largest record label, we are not merely a distribution service but also a talent discovery platform. Our specialized staff scours all of our releases in search of the most promising new talent to showcase to the A Rs teams at Universal Music Publishing Group (UMG). Currently, we have 80 musicians signed to Universal Music labels as a result of our work with Spinnup!
See some of the artist’s achievements in this section.
What if I already have music on iTunes, is it automatically on Apple Music?
Yes, theoretically speaking. In the event that you’re a Spinnup artist and your music is available on iTunes but not on Apple Music, please contact our support staff and they will look into the matter for you.
If I’m already on iTunes, should I bother with Apple Music?
Absolutely! As one of the fastest-growing streaming services, Apple Music is continually innovating and improving its offerings to consumers. It is definitely worthwhile to be a subscriber to both Apple Music and iTunes, which are both available in over 100 countries around the world. With more and more music lovers around the world choosing streaming over downloading, it is definitely worthwhile to be a subscriber to both Apple music services.
Apple Music: Five Fast Facts
- It is the first time that an Apple service has been made available on Android smartphones, allowing you to reach a considerably larger audience. In partnership with Beats 1 Radio, it offers a specialized radio show that runs around the clock. Apple Music is currently accessible in a total of 113 countries across the world. Apple Music can only be accessed through an aggregator like as Spinnup
- Otherwise, it is unavailable.
Because Spinnup uploads your music straight to Apple Music, you can be a part of this exciting new music service from Apple by signing up for Spinnup now.
More information on AppleMusic may be found at www.apple.com/music. Was this article of assistance? Likewise, see: How can I get my songs to appear on iTunes? How do I get my music on Spotify/js/spinnup-packagedv35.js”>How do I get my music on Spotify/js/spinnup-packagedv35.js
Why Has All My Music Disappeared from Apple Music? (How to fix it!)
User may download and save music and films on their devices using Apple’s fantastic streaming service, which they can access from anywhere. However, a little error in your settings might completely wipe away your whole music collection, leaving you scrambling for a way to recover your data and get your life back on track. Several probable explanations for this are discussed in this article, as well as methods that may be able to restore your Apple Music collection.
Why Has All My Music Disappeared from Apple Music?
It’s possible that your music has vanished from Apple Music as a result of the iOS 14 upgrade, logging out of iTunes, or having an expired Apple Music Subscription. There are several approaches that may be used to resolve these issues; continue reading to learn more.
iOS 14 Update
IOS 14 introduces a slew of innovative and intriguing new features, as well as increased operating speed for your smartphone. New features such as Compact Phone Call, Picture in Picture, and a completely redesigned Siri are just a few of the things that make iOS 14 so intriguing. Unfortunately, the iOS 14 upgrade is not without its share of unanticipated flaws that can create issues for users. Music vanishing from iPhones, iTunes, and Apple Music Library is one such issue that the majority of iPhone users have reported experiencing.
Signing Out of iTunes
Signing out of your iTunes/App Store account does not switch on iCloud Music Library by default, and as a result, your music is deleted soon after you sign out. In addition, this can occur when configuring a new device. iCloud Music Library is a service that allows you to sync music from iTunes and Apple Music across several devices. Once this option is activated, Apple will automatically scan your music library and replace songs with copies of its own, as well as upload new tunes to its servers, without your intervention.
Expired Apple Music Subscription
Another reason why songs may be removed from Apple Music is due to technical difficulties. When your Apple Music subscription ends, all of the music you’ve downloaded from the service will cease to play. If the subscription is not renewed, these tracks will be erased from the device at some point in the future. When the trial time is finished, the same thing happens. It will be unable to play any of the songs linked with Apple Music, and any music, albums, and playlists that you have added to your personal collection will be erased.
How to Recover Music After iOS 14 Update
The following are some suggestions to attempt if you find that your music had vanished after upgrading to iOS 14.
Ensure Apple Music Is Turned On
Navigate to the “Settings” menu. Select “Music” from the drop-down menu. Check to see whether “Show Apple Music” is enabled. If it is already turned on, switch it off and back on.
Reset Your iPhone
Press and hold the “Home” button and the “Power” button at the same time until the Apple logo displays on the screen, and then wait for your iPhone to restart itself. Do not release the two buttons at the same time, since this will result in a screenshot instead of the computer turning off.
Clean Up Junk Files
As a result of the accumulation of junk files on your device, your music files may become inaccessible or perhaps disappear altogether.
Check to see whether your music has been restored once you have freed up some space on your iPhone. If this is not the case, go to the next step.
Turn On iCloud Music Library
When you switch off iCloud Music Library, all of your iTunes music is removed from your phone. Upgrading to iOS 14 may result in the automatic deactivation of iCloud Music Library. Consequently, sign in to your iPhone using your Apple ID and enable iCloud Music Library by following the procedures outlined in this article: When using an iPhone or iPad Navigate to the “Settings” menu. Select “Music” from the drop-down menu. “iCloud Music Library” should be enabled. On a Mac, “Apple Music” should be launched.
- Check the “Sync Library” box.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- “iCloud Music Library” should be checked.
- Take your time, and you will be able to access and listen to your Apple Music songs and playlists once more.
Re-download Purchased Music Via iTunes Store
Your iTunes music gets removed from your phone when you switch off iCloud Music Library. After upgrading to iOS 14, it is possible that iCloud Music Library may be turned off automatically. Consequently, login in to your iPhone using your Apple ID and enable iCloud Music Library by following the steps below: 1. Utilizing a smartphone or tablet “Settings” may be found under “Help.” “Music” should be chosen. Make “iCloud Music Library” a part of your workflow. If you have a Mac, go here. Apple Music should be launched.
“Sync Library” should be checked.
“Preferences” may be found under “Editing” The “General” tab may be found by searching for it.
The “Keep Music” option should be selected once you’ve enabled iCloud Music Library.
Recover Music Using iPhone Music Recovery Tool
If the simple solutions listed above do not work for you, you can attempt alternative options, such as employing recovery tools to restore your data. Music recovery software for iPhones, such as Phone Rescue for iOS, is one of the most often suggested solutions. This program can retrieve music from a variety of situations, including update failure, unintentional deletion, factory resetting, and iPhone damage. This tool has a number of noteworthy characteristics, including: The ability to restore both paid and non-purchased music from an iTunes or iCloud backup without the need for a backup is provided by this feature.
While recovering your lost music, it does not overwrite your original music.
The following steps must be followed in order to restore music with this recovery music tool: Connect your iPhone and choose “Recover from iOS Device” from the drop-down menu.
Select “Music” from the drop-down menu and press the “OK” button. Choose the music files that need to be retrieved from the deleted folder.
Restore Music Lost Due to System Problems
If you have music that has been lost due to system issues in iOS 14, the answer is to either upgrade to the next iOS version or downgrade the system. In contrast to Android devices, installing an older operating system for iPhones and iPads is a straightforward process. Because iOS 14 takes up more space than iOS 13, it’s possible that this is the cause of your music loss. If you like, you may continue to use iOS 14 and wait for Apple to address the software problems that are causing this technical difficulty.
There are many other system difficulties that may occur with iPhone and iTunes, such as AppleMusic error messages and freezes on the validating screen, freezing on the preparing update page, and iPhone becoming stuck after an update.
AnyTrans is a software application that allows you to manage iOS material from your PC, which can be used on both Windows and Mac computers. Transferring data from one device to another, in this example between your iPhone and a PC, may be made easier using this program. Furthermore, AnyTrans allows you to easily add songs to your iPhone’s playlist without having to remove any current data. Each and every iPhone device is entirely compatible with this application.
Renew Your Apple Music Subscription
As soon as your Apple Music membership expires, all of the music linked with it will no longer be played. In this instance, it is very likely that you will need to renew your Apple Music subscription. To renew your subscription, follow these steps: Launch the “Settings” application. Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu after tapping your name. Select “Apple Music” from the drop-down menu. Select “Purchase” from the drop-down menu. Your playlist should be accessible after enabling iCloud Library in your device’s settings.
If this occurs, you can attempt the following: Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
Enter your “Apple ID” in the appropriate field.
It is possible to re-download previously purchased music from the iTunes Store if this does not successfully re-populate your music library with your old playlist.
Why Isn’t My Music Library Syncing to My iPhone?
The settings and network connection on your devices, as well as an old operating system and a “Sync Library” feature that has been turned off, might all be contributing factors. To resolve this, check that your network settings and network connection are correct, and that your devices’ operating systems are up to date. You should also enable “Sync Library.”
How Do I Get My iTunes Music Back PC?
First and foremost, organize your iTunes library. “iTunes” should be launched. Select “File” from the menu bar, then “Library” from the drop-down menu. Select “Organize Library” from the drop-down menu. Select “Consolidate Files” from the drop-down menu. Select “OK” from the drop-down menu. When you consolidate your iTunes Library, you include all of the files that were previously part of the iTunes Media folder. The original files should be deleted after the copies have been updated to the iTunes Media Folder, according to Apple.
- Select “Music” from the “User” drop-down menu.
- Choose “iTunes Media” from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have consolidated your media files, make a backup of your library and media files (using an external hard drive).
- Locate the “iTunes” folder on your computer.
- Right-click and copy the contents of your external hard disk.
- “iTunes” should be closed.
- Copy the contents of the “iTunes” folder.
While “iTunes” is opened, keep the Shift key pressed. On the pop-up message that appears, select “Library” from the drop-down menu. Go to the location where you copied the “iTunes” folder and double-click on it. Select the “Library.itl” file from your computer’s hard drive and click “Open.”
Why Did My iTunes Music Disappear?
One of the most typical issues that might result in your iTunes tracks and playlists disappearing is when you upgrade to a newer version of the software. You may reclaim your music by following these steps: Close “iTunes” and navigate to the “iTunes” folder in your computer. Using your mouse, drag and drop the “Library.itl file to your desktop.” Go to “Previous iTunes Libraries” and select the most recent ‘iTunes’ collection depending on the date you want to download it (iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD.itl) Drag & drop the most recent iTunes library into the “iTunes” folder, where it will be renamed to “iTunes Library.” All of the contents of “iTunes” will be restored once the program is launched.
There are a variety of reasons why songs and playlists on Apple Music may disappear, including switching to iOS 14. However, despite the fact that this is a terrible scenario, there are ways to restore your huge music library. All you have to do now is follow the instructions in this article to the letter. We hope that you will be able to successfully restore your Apple Music collection at some point. Wishing you the best of luck!
a:Gemtracks is a marketplace for musicians in the international music business where they can buy and sell music beats, hire recording facilities, and submit music to playlist curators.
Q: How can I buy a beat?
A:Just have a look at the beats that are available on Gemtracks. You will be able to listen to the free previews or download them to your computer or mobile device. When you’ve discovered a beat that you like, simply click on the BUY NOW button to be sent to the checkout page for that particular track or beat.
Q: When will I receive my purchased beat?
As soon as your money has been received, the beat will be provided to your email address instantly.
Q: Will the voice tag be removed after I purchase a beat?
A:Yes, all of the speech tags and watermarks that you hear in the free sample will be deleted when the beat is provided to you after you make your purchase.
Q: How many times will each beat be sold?
In order to keep the website as clutter-free as possible, each beat will only be sold to one purchaser before being withdrawn. All of the beats offered on Gemtracks are trackout, which is in contrast to other retailers that provide both multiple and trackout alternatives for the same beat. This implies that no one else on the planet will be able to compete with the rhythm that you have created.
Q: What rights do I get with each beat?
A:After purchasing the beat, you become the sole owner of the beat. This implies that you will be legally recognized as the owner of the copyright. You will be able to make as much money as you like off of the beat and will not be required to credit us or pay us any royalties in exchange.
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
A:We accept both PayPal and credit cards as payment methods. Our website employs 256-bit SSL encryption to protect your personal information and to keep you secure. The year is 2022, and Gemtracks Beats Instrumentals is the soundtrack. All intellectual property rights are retained.
Apple Music: Our Complete Guide
Apple Music is Apple’s streaming music service, which is comparable to similar streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, Google Play Music, Tidal, and others, though it has an advantage over many of its competitors in that it supports lossless audio and Spatial Audio, among other features. Apple Music offers access to more than 75 million songs, according to the company. Content may be streamed or downloaded for offline use, and in addition to the curated Beats 1 radio station, there are song and genre-based radio stations accessible as well.
You may mix Apple Music music with songs that you have already purchased on iTunes in one centralized spot thanks to the integration of Apple Music with your existingiCloudMusic Library.
Apple Music’s Standout Features
The first time Apple Music supported Spatial Audio was in June of 2021; the second time it supported Lossless Audio was in June of 2021. Both of these capabilities are being supplied to Apple Music customers at no additional cost. Both of these capabilities make listening to Apple Music a substantially more enjoyable experience.
Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
When combined with Dolby Atmos, spatial audio creates an immersive, multi-dimensional audio experience that allows musicians to blend music in such a manner that it appears as if the notes are coming from all around the listener. Apple previously offered a Spatial Audio option for television material, and the company has now made the technology available for Apple Music audio content as well. AirPods and Beats headphones equipped with an H1 or W1 processor, as well as the built-in speakers of the most recent iPhones, iPads, and Macs, immediately play Dolby Atmos music when Apple Music is launched.
Apple intends to release additional Dolby Atmos music on a regular basis, and it already has a curated collection of Dolby Atmos playlists available on its website.
Apple is collaborating with Dolby to make it easier for musicians, producers, and mix engineers to create songs that sound great in Dolby Atmos surround sound environments.
- What is Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio and How to Enable It on Apple Music
It was announced in June 2021 that Apple will be converting their entire music archive to Lossless Audio using the ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), which keeps the characteristics of the original audio file. Apple Music users will be able to hear songs in their entirety as they were recorded in the studio by the artists. At debut, the codec was supported by 20 million songs, with the goal of having all 75 million Apple Music songs accessible in Lossless Audio by the end of 2021. In the standard Lossless tier, the lowest quality is CD quality, which is 16 bits at 44.1 kHz, and the highest quality is 24 bits at 48 kHz.
It is not possible to listen to lossless music on the AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
A future update will include support for lossless audio on the HomePod and the HomePod mini, among other devices.
Other Apple Music Features
All of the streaming services differ in some way, and Apple Music is unique in that it places a strong emphasis on human curation. While there are certain playlists that are generated by algorithms, the majority of the content that is highlighted on Apple Music is selected by Apple Music editors. “For You” tab of the Apple Music app has frequently updated personalized playlists, such as a favorites mix, a relax mix, a friends mix, and a new music mix, as well as additional playlist selections that are updated on a daily basis.
Beats 1, Apple Music’s live radio channel that broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, is also one of the service’s distinctive characteristics. It includes music produced by DJs as well as a plethora of unique presentations, some of which are created by artists themselves.
Live Radio Stations
Apple added support for more than 100,000 live radio stations from around the world to Apple Music in iOS 13, allowing you to ask Siri to play your favorite local radio station, which was previously unavailable.
What’s Included in a Subscription
- On-demand access to Apple Music tracks on an unlimited basis
- The use of Dolby Atmos spatial audio is included at no additional cost, as is the use of lossless audio on compatible devices. Algorithmic playlists that are tailored to the individual
- Playlists that have been curated
- Playlists that are based on mood
- Playlists produced by users Beats 1 radio station
- Having access to various radio stations is important. Playback of a music while not connected to the internet
- Existing music has been matched to the iTunes library and uploaded to the iCloud Music Library. synchronization of music and playlists across all Apple Music-compatible devices
Apple Music Availability
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries and regions, with a complete list of nations available on Apple’s website. Apple Music is available in over 100 countries and areas.
Apple purchased the classical music provider Primephonic in August 2021, and the services provided by Primephonic are being integrated into the Apple Music app. For classical music enthusiasts, Apple is developing a special Primephonic experience in Apple Music, which will be available later this year. Additionally, the Apple Music app will include playlists and audio material from Primephonic in addition to enhanced browsing and search options by composer and repertoire, updated classical music metadata, and other features.
Apple Music Voice Plan
It was announced in December 2021 that Apple will launch the Apple Music Voice Plan, a $4.99 Apple Music subscription option that would allow content to be accessible only through Siri commands on compatible devices such as the HomePod, iPad, iPhone, and Mac. The $4.99 per month Apple Music Voice Plan is distinct from the $9.99 per month full Apple Music membership, which already includes all of the features of the Apple Music Voice Plan. The $4.99 per month Apple Music Voice Plan is only available to new Apple Music subscribers.
- Apple developed the Apple Music Voice Plan to be a more condensed version of the normal Apple Music subscription than the usual Apple Music subscription.
- So, instead of searching for music on the Apple Music app, you’d just ask Siri to play anything instead of opening the app and searching for it.
- In situations when the natural inclination is to utilize voice control, such as in the car or on the HomePod, this feature is very beneficial.
- The Apple Music app allows you to search for artists, albums, and songs, and you can listen to previews of songs, but not the complete song, without having to download the app.
- If you subscribe to the Apple Music Voice Plan, you will be unable to add songs or albums to your Library, nor will you be able to create playlists or save music for later listening.
That means you’ll need to subscribe to a full Apple Music membership in order to take use of those services.
Currently, Apple Music is available on all of the company’s devices, including the iPhone (which includes CarPlay), iPad, Apple Watch (which does not need an iPhone on LTE variants), Apple TV, Mac, and the HomePod and HomePod small. It’s also available on non-Apple devices, so you don’t have to be an Apple user to take use of this feature. It supports PCs running the PC version of iTunes, Android devices running the Apple Music app for Android, Sonos devices, and Amazon-branded Echo devices. It is not available on iOS devices.
Apple Music, in contrast to Spotify, does not provide a free, ad-supported music streaming service. All Apple Music content is accessible only through a paid subscription. In the United States, a regular Apple Music membership costs $9.99 per month (plus tax). College students who have their UNiDAYS authentication can sign up for a subsidized Apple Music membership, which costs $4.99 per month. The Apple Music Voice Plan costs $4.99 per month and includes unlimited calls. It is possible to subscribe to Apple Music on a family plan for $14.99 a month, which allows up to six people to listen at the same time.
Apple Music may also be purchased in conjunction with other Apple services as part of anApple One bundle, allowing you to save money over the cost of purchasing the services separately.
The Apple Music streaming service is available for free to Verizon customers who have purchased a Beyond Unlimited or Above Unlimited data plan.
Apple Music is available for free three-month trials, and the company has been known to give additional trial months in order to persuade users to join up for a premium membership.
Apple Music Basics
- How to Sign Up for Apple Music
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Family Plan
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Subscription
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Student Plan
- How to Sign Up for an Apple Music Student Plan
- How to Install and Configure Apple Music
- Apple Music Subscription Cancellation Instructions
Using Apple Music
- How to Make Use of Apple Music on an Android Device
- The Best Ways to Use Apple Music on Your Apple Watch
- When transferring albums and playlists from Apple Music to an Apple Watch, there are a few things to keep in mind. Instructions on how to stream Apple Music to an AirPlay speaker or an Apple TV. How to Personalize Apple Music by Adding Favorites and Dislikes
- This tutorial will show you how to transfer a Spotify playlist to Apple Music. How to Make Your Apple Music Library More Personal
- Instructions on how to enable automatic downloads for songs in Apple Music
- Instructions on how to enable the iCloud Music Library for Apple Music
Managing Your Music
- How to Add Music to Your Apple Music Library
- How to Create a Playlist in Apple Music
- How to Make a Video Stream in Apple Music
- What is the best way to add photos to playlists? How to Download Songs for Offline Playback on Apple Music
- How to Download Songs for Offline Playback on Spotify
- How to Uninstall Apple Music Songs That Have Been Downloaded
- Instructions on how to assign star ratings to songs on Apple Music
- How to View Song Lyrics in Apple Music
- How to View Song Lyrics in iTunes
- Siri Commands That Are Beneficial When Using Apple Music
- Learn how to search for songs on Apple Music by using the lyrics as a search criteria. In this article, we will show you how to ask Siri on HomePod to play Apple Music playlists, genres, moods, and more.
- Creating Your Own Radio Station in Apple Music
- How to Make Your Own Podcast on iTunes
- Find the Beats 1 Archives in Apple Music by following these steps:
- How to Share Songs and Albums With Friends in Apple Music
- How to Share Songs and Albums With Friends in iTunes
- Instructions on how to share Apple Music playlists with your friends. Discover what your friends are listening to on Apple Music by following these steps: Using Apple Music, you may subscribe to a playlist created by a friend.
Apple Music on Other Devices
- What is the best way to listen to Apple Music on Amazon Echo? How can I listen to Apple Music on Sonos Speakers?
More Apple Music Tips
- Instructions on how to use an Apple Music song as an alarm
- How to Reduce the Amount of Storage Space Consumed by Apple Music on Your iPhone
- Learn how to listen to Apple Music on the web in this tutorial. Learn how to see the ‘Spotify Wrapped’ version of Apple Music.
Apple Music Comparison Guides
Consider the following: Are you trying to select between Apple Music and another service? Make sure to read our tips comparing Apple Music to the many alternative streaming music services that are available on the market.
- In the battle of the music streaming services, Spotify takes on Apple Music, while Google Play Music takes on Apple Music
- Amazon Music Unlimited takes on Apple Music
- Tidal takes on Apple Music
- And so on.
For the most part, Apple Music is the best option if you’re already a member of the Apple ecosystem, have a HomePod, want human-based curation, and already have an iTunes music library.
Apple Music’s normal listening is accomplished through the use of 256kb/s AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) files, but the service also offers a lossless tier. Apple Music lossless in the ALAC format begins at CD quality, which is 16-bit at 44.1 kHz (kilohertz), then progresses to 24-bit at 48 kHz for native playing on Apple devices that are compatible with the format. Apple Music is also available in a Hi-Resolution lossless tier with resolutions up to 24-bit at 192kHz, however this requires the use of a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
By selecting SettingsMusicAudio Quality from within the Apple Music app, users may alter the sound quality of their song, as well as select various music kinds for different connections and playback options, such as cellular, WiFi, and download.
Apple Music allows users to download songs for offline listening, however the content that you download is secured by DRM (digital rights management), much like the content that you download from other streaming music providers. In the event that you cancel your Apple Music subscription, any Apple Music music that you have already downloaded will no longer be playable. Apple Music tracks are also not transferable to other devices, cannot be downloaded, cannot be burnt to a CD, and cannot be utilized in any manner other than on the device from whence they were purchased.
Do you have a question or a tip about Apple Music that you didn’t see answered in our guide? Send us an email at [email protected]
Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
Is there something missing from your Apple Music Library? Learn more about how to verify your iCloud Music settings in order to recover your Apple Music Library by further reading. Apple Music is a fantastic streaming service that allows users to save and download music and movies to a personal library, in addition to streaming them. Although this feature is enabled by default, it is not accessible if you have logged out of your iTunes/App Store account or are setting up a new device. To check if this fast update will restore your Apple Music Library on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, follow the procedures outlined in the following section.
Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- Swipe down to the Music section. To restore your Apple Music Library, choose the toggle next toiCloud Music Libary from the drop-down menu. It may take some time for your music collection to reappear in the Music app
- Please be patient.
The following is an illustration of the procedure:
- Choose Preferences. from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the screen. Check the box next to iCloud Music Library on the Generaltab of the website. It may take some time for your collection to reappear in iTunes
- Please be patient.
You can find more information on how to get the most out of your Apple products in our how-to guide, which also includes the following articles:
- The steps to create a default Finder folder on a Macintosh
- How to use a USB flash drive to transfer files between your iPhone and your Mac
- How to update your Apple ID for iTunes and the App Store on your iPhone
- How to determine whether or not your iPhone is unlocked
- How to determine which carriers and countries are compatible with your iPhone
- How to make AirPods play mono audio
- How to make AirPods play mono audio
- What is the best way to charge your iPhone wirelessly? Instructions on how to change the default email account on your iPhone. What is iCloud Drive and how does it work? Instructions on how to backup an iPhone to iTunes on a Mac or a PC.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@michaelpotuck Michael works as an editor for the 9to5Mac website. Since joining in 2016, he has produced more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, reviews, extensive comparisons, and tutorials, among other things.
Michael Potuck’s favorite gear
“DistroKid is the future,” says Ludacris. Ludacris is one of the most successful rappers of all time, with over 100 million albums sold worldwide. He has received Grammy, Screen Actors Guild, Critics’ Choice, and MTV awards, among other honors. In 2017, Ludacris chose DistroKid to release his track “Vitamin D (with Ty Dolla $ign)” which was produced by DistroKid. Arizona Zervas is a professional basketball player. “DistroKid has provided me with an excellent venue for releasing my music over the years!” When his track, “Roxanne,” reached1 on the Spotify US top-50 list, Arizona was hailed as “the first artist in years to top Spotify without label support,” according to Billboard magazine.
- “The first time I heard about what DistroKid has to offer, I swear I heard an entire chorus break into song,” says the author.
- Rob is a multi-instrumentalist, recording artist, and producer that works in the music industry.
- “Internet guitar man” Rob, according to Guitar World, is “probably the closest thing we have to a rising guitar hero in whatever strange time we’re living in these days.” Kei Henderson (21 Savage) is a female rapper from the United Kingdom.
- It is extremely user friendly.” Kei is the manager of 21 Savage, a DistroKid artist.
- In the years before that, Kei was the manager of Siya, who was a star of the Oxygen television series “Sisterhood of Hip Hop.” Ari Herstand is a writer and musician who lives in New York City.
- Ari Herstand has had a number of songs included in films, television shows, and commercials, and has ranked in the top ten on iTunes.
- The author of How to Make It in the New Music Business, he also writes for Digital Music News and is the founder of Ari’s Take, a music business guidance blog that he started in 2009.
“The two aspects of DistroKid that I appreciate the most are its simplicity and its pricing.” Since I began using DistroKid, releasing new music, getting songs onto streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes, as well as monetizing YouTube, has never been easier or more economical for me.
- He also performs with Spylacopa and is the founder and CEO of Rising Pulse Records, an independent record company.
- “I choose DistroKid because I distribute a big volume of content online, and DistroKid does not impose a cap on my distribution.
- Because my music can be found almost anyplace, it is being heard by a greater number of individuals than ever before.
- Zach also has a successful piano teaching YouTube channel called PiaknowItAll, which he maintains alongside his day job.
- The easiest and most dependable option for me to release my music is through DistroKid.
- DistroKid’s ‘Teams’ tool makes it simple to automatically share rewards with other contributors on a track, allowing us to spend more time on creative and less time on bookkeeping and accounting.
- His LilDeuceDeuce YouTube account has earned more than 32 million views for his music videos.
” I couldn’t be more pleased.
Saher Galt is a fictional character created by author Saher Galt.
There are no obstacles in my way of bringing my music to the globe.
The vocalist and composer Saher Galt is also the co-founder of Galt Aureus, an award-winning indie rock duet with whom he has collaborated on several projects.
Claire Wilkinson is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom.
Claire Clairity is the stage name of Rachel Wilkinson, a 19-year-old singer and composer.
Carlos Eiene creates music for video games by fusing jazz fusion and other jazz subgenres with electronic sound.
Ray Harmony is a musician from the United Kingdom.
Finally, a distribution firm that recognized the needs of musicians was established.
Their level of customer service is unparalleled.
Using the power of music to inspire good change in the world, Ray Harmony has committed his life to doing so.
He is a Grammy-nominated music instructor, composer, performer, producer, journalist, and author, among other accomplishments.
Ray also collaborates with multi-platinum Grammy winners (such as Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, and many more) to create music, with all earnings going to charitable causes.
What is Apple Music and how does it work?
According to Pocket-lint, Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming service similar to Spotify, which provides access to more than 90 million songs for a monthly membership fee. It’s jam-packed with features, like offline listening for when you’re not connected, and it consolidates all of your music into an one location – including tracks that have been copied directly from CDs. Apple Music also includes live radio stations, as well as connectivity with Siri, allowing you to operate the majority of your devices with voice commands.
squirrel widget 4443206 With this Curve card, you may accumulate rewards and advantages on all of your current credit cards.
Every time you make a payment, this ingenious technique will save you time and effort.
What is Apple Music?
Having acquired Beats Electronics in 2014, which featured the now-discontinued Beats Music subscription service, Apple launched Apple Music in 2015. It is the company’s first music streaming service. Apple Music not only allows you to stream on-demand any track from the iTunes catalogue, but it also allows you to access all of your music in one place across all of your devices, whether it was purchased from iTunes, copied from a CD, or downloaded from the web. Apple Music is available for both iOS and macOS devices.
Apple Music is available on Apple devices.
How much does Apple Music cost?
When you join up for the free trial, Apple Music is accessible for three months free of charge. After that, you may choose from three different subscription options, with a fourth plan on the way. Individual plans are available for £9.99 or $9.99 per month. A Family plan, which can accommodate up to six people, is available for £14.99 or $14.99 per month, which is less expensive than Spotify’s counterpart. The University Student plan, which costs £4.99/$4.99 a month, is the third option available.
TheApple One package, which is described in further detail below, is also worth mentioning since it will save you money if you subscribe to various Apple services.
- Why should you sign up for Apple Music Family Plan and what benefits it provides
Squirrel widget 4443206
Apple One bundle
Apple One, the company’s services package that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and Fitness+, will arrive in October 2020 and will be known as Apple One. It enables you to subscribe to Apple Music through one of three distinct Apple One package tiers: Individual, Family, or Premier, depending on your needs. Individual and Family plans from Apple One are available in over 100 countries and territories, including the United States and the United Kingdom.
The Premier plan was also released, however it was only available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. The following is the price of each Apple One tier:
- You can subscribe to Apple Music for £14.95/$14.95 per month, and you’ll also receive access to Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage. Family: For £14.95/$19.95 per month, you may subscribe to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for up to six members of your family. In addition to the aforementioned features, Premier includes an increase in iCloud storage capacity from 1GB to 2TB per month, as well as additional subscriptions to News+ magazine and newspaper services and the Fitness+ service for £29.95/$29.95 per month.
First-time customers can subscribe to Apple One by following the procedures outlined below:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Click on the General tab. Navigate to yournameat the top of the Settings page
- Make a selection from theSubscriptionsmenu. Choose Get Apple One from the drop-down menu. Select theApple One tier that you like
- Start a free trial by selectingStart a free trial.
If you currently have an Apple subscription, such as to Apple Music, you will get a pro-rated refund for the number of days remaining on your existing Apple Music membership (s). To learn more about Apple One, please see our guide to the device.
Do you need a subscription?
Unless you have a paid membership, you may still listen to music that has been purchased, ripped, or transferred to your device. However, you will not be able to take advantage of all of the benefits that Apple Music has to offer, including offline listening. In the case of people who have iTunes Match, they will be able to utilize Apple Music to listen to any music they have uploaded to iCloud without the need for a membership to Apple Music. You’ll also be able to listen to Apple Music 1 as well as Apple stations that are sponsored by advertisements.
You’ll have unlimited skips for Apple Music radio stations, unlimited listening for the full Apple Music catalogue, and access to your previously purchased and ripped music collection with this subscription.
Which devices support Apple Music?
Apple Music may be accessed with the use of the following devices:
- IOS devices: Update to the most recent iOS version and activate the Music app
- Android devices: A linked iPhone (iPhone 5 or later) can send an update to the Apple Watch. It is now possible to use the Apple TV-Default Music app on the new Apple TV box. iTunes on the Mac should be updated to the most recent version and launched. Using a computer, update to the most recent version of iTunes and launch it. HomePod- The smart speaker is pre-loaded with Apple Music
- It is also compatible with other streaming services. Android users should download the app from Google Play and start it. Sonos-Download and open the Sonos application.
Upgrades to the most recent version of iTunes are required for both Mac and PC users, and may be completed by visiting this Apple support website. Meanwhile, Android users may visit this help page to learn more about how to get Apple Music up and running on their devices.
Does Apple Music work on Apple Watch?
Music from your Apple Music library can be synced to your Apple Watch in the same way that a playlist is synced. All of the music is kept locally on the Apple Watch.
Where is Apple Music available?
Apple Music is accessible in over 100 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom. You can see the entire list by clicking here.
Once you have downloaded and signed up for the Apple Music app, you will be taken through a music-tailoring process that will ask you to choose music genres you enjoy and dislike, followed by musicians you enjoy and detest, among other things. The Listen Now screen will be displayed when you’ve completed the straightforward procedure of getting started. Pocket-lint The Apple Music app has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen that allows you to navigate and see the portion of the app you are currently in.
- Based on your stated preferences, your listening habits, and the music you have in your possession, we’ve created a personalized recommendation for you.
- From there, you’ll get a slew of options on the screen, including genre-specific playlists, albums, and guest playlists created by artists, among other things.
- Browse:An editorially chosen selection of music from throughout the service is available for you to browse.
- You may also sort these fresh curation by genre if you choose.
- Pocket-lint Radio: This is the home of Apple Music 1, the 24-hour, worldwide-broadcast radio station.
- Below that, you’ll find Pandora-like stations, as well as the classic iTunes Radio channels, among other things.
- Apple Music Library: This is a place where you can navigate through all of your music, whether it’s through iTunes, a CD, or any of the streamable tracks available through Apple Music.
- This page may be customized to your liking.
You may even search by lyrics, in which case you only need to type a few phrases from a song you like and it will automatically discover it for you. It will also inform you of what is currently popular in this sector.
How does Apple Music work?
Apple Music has a number of built-in features, controls, and customization choices. Here are a few of the most important ones to keep in mind: Pocket-lint Play some music: To have a miniplayer appear at the bottom of the screen, tap on any play button on the playlist, or on an individual song or album to see it display on the screen. Select a song from the Now Playing screen to access its controls, which include the option to download it for offline listening, skip it, play next, like it or dislike it, share it via AirPlay or other means, add it to your library, establish a station, and see the lyrics.
Make use of Siri: In addition, you can ask Siri to “play the top songs from 2021,” “play more songs like this,” “add the new Drake album to my library,” “play all Drake songs” (to listen to all of Drake’s music, even if it isn’t in your library), and “play my Drake music” (to listen to Drake’s songs that you have saved to your library) among other things.
- There will also be a new selection of playlists available that can be managed by Siri in the near future.
- Search: To search for genres, songs, albums, and artists, use the magnifying glass button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Using the search term Drake, you will receive the most relevant results, including top results for Drake songs, albums, playlists, artists, and radio stations.
- Pocket-lint Create a library: Hit the “+” button to add an album or playlist to your library after searching for an artist, such as Drake.
- When you press on the three dots, you’ll also see a “Download” option, which allows you to listen to the music when not connected to the internet.
- Adding songs and albums to a playlist is as simple as touching the three-dot (more choices) button on the Now Playing screen and selecting Add to a Playlist from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Additionally, on the Library page, you’ll find options to filter all of your playlists and create new ones under the Playlists section.
Music to share: Selecting the share button on any song or playlist in the three dots menu will allow you to send the link to a friend on Facebook or Twitter, send it in an email, or copy the URL.
The radio tab will not only display what is now playing on the radio, but it will also provide a schedule of forthcoming events and DJs in the section below.
If you’re going to be out of range, it’s a good idea to have one.
There are no restrictions on what you can store offline or how long you may keep it offline.
Your login credentials are as follows: When you click on the Listen Now tab, you will see a profile symbol in the top right corner.
To access account-related options, such as seeing what your friends are listening to, upgrading your membership, and managing alerts, tap it on the home screen. Pocket-lint
What is Apple Music TV?
Apple Music TV is a music video station that broadcasts music videos. You can find it under the Browse area of the Apple Music app or the Apple TV app, depending on which app you are using. Apple Music TV differs from Apple Music 1 in that it is a streaming service (previously branded as Beats 1). Apple Music TV is a free, 24-hour, curated live stream of popular music videos, whereas Apple Music 1 is a 24-hour music radio station owned by Apple that broadcasts music videos every hour of the day.
Weekly video premieres on Apple’s music video channel take place at 12:00 ET on Fridays.
To give you an example, Bruce Springsteen was one of the first artists to make an appearance on Apple Music TV to promote his next album, Letter to You.
What are some tips and tricks?
Check out Pocket-collection lint’s of usefulApple Music tips and techniques that everyone should know.
Are there any alternatives?
Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer, and Tidal are just a few of the readily available choices. Each of these services allows you to not only stream music but also continue listening while you’re not connected to the internet. However, you’ll need to pay a monthly fee to have access to offline listening as well as other premium features. You may learn more about all of these services by reading the Pocket-lint round-ups that are included below:
- Spotify, Tidal, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music Unlimited are all options.
Maggie Tillman is the author of this piece. Britta O’Boyle was in charge of the editing.