Then follow these steps to subscribe
- Open the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- Go to Listen Now or For You.
- Tap or click the trial offer, (one trial per person or family).
- Choose Family, then tap or click Start Trial.
- Sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use to make purchases.
How do you add family members to Apple Music?
- How to Add Family Members to Apple Music. Go to Settings from your Home Display, scroll down to the iCloud subcategory, select Set Up Family Sharing, then select Get Started. Confirm your choice to being the family organizer. (Ensure you have signed in with your Apple ID).
- 1 How do I join someone’s Apple music family plan?
- 2 Why can’t I join my family Apple music?
- 3 How do I join family sharing?
- 4 How do I accept an Apple Music family invite on my iPhone?
- 5 How do I follow someone on Apple Music?
- 6 How does family share Apple Music work?
- 7 Can’t accept Apple Music family invite?
- 8 Will I lose my music if I join family sharing?
- 9 Can I share my music library with family?
- 10 How do I join a family iCloud?
- 11 How do you accept family sharing on iPhone?
- 12 How do I accept an invitation on my iPhone?
- 13 Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
- 14 What happens when you share a subscription with your family?
- 15 How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
- 16 Who is charged for the subscription?
- 17 Get an Apple Music family subscription
- 18 First, set up Family Sharing
- 19 Then follow these steps to subscribe
- 20 Family Sharing
- 21 Getting set up is simple.
- 22 Keep everyone entertained.
- 23 Share an iCloud storage plan with your family.
- 24 All your family’s purchases on all your family’s devices.
- 25 Making purchases is easy. So is setting limits.
- 26 Be more aware of how kids use their devices.
- 27 Keep track of everyone. And every device.
- 28 Get your family on the same page.
- 29 Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android
- 30 How to join and leave someone else’s family group
- 31 How to start and manage your own family group
- 32 How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
- 33 Before you get started
- 34 What is Family Sharing?
- 35 Setting up Family Sharing
- 36 Invite family members
- 37 Next steps
- 38 Get your family on the same beat with an Apple Music Family plan
- 39 How to sign up for Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
- 40 How to sign up for Apple Music’s family plan
- 41 Questions?
- 42 How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
- 43 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
- 44 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
- 45 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
- 46 How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
- 47 Additional FAQ
- 48 Family Matters
- 49 How do I join Apple family sharing on Android?
- 50 Can I use Apple family sharing on Android?
- 51 How do I connect to family sharing on Android?
- 52 How do I join Apple music family on Android?
- 53 How do I link Apple Family Sharing?
- 54 Why is Apple Family Sharing not working?
- 55 How do I accept family sharing invites on Android?
- 56 How do I manage family sharing on my computer?
- 57 How do I leave family sharing under 13?
- 58 Will I lose my music if I switch family sharing?
- 59 How does Apple’s family plan work?
- 60 Why can’t I accept a family sharing invitation?
- 61 How much is family sharing on Apple?
- 62 What can family sharing see on iPhone?
- 63 How to Switch Between Apple Music Individual and Family Plans
- 64 How to Switch from Individual Apple Music Plan to Family Plan
- 65 How to Change from Family Plan to Individual Plan in Apple Music
- 66 Switch from a Sub-membership on Family Plan to an Individual Plan
- 67 How to Change from an Individual Apple Music plan to a Sub-membership Plan
- 68 How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- 69 √Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- 70 XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
- 71 1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
- 72 2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- 73 √Common Problems
How do I join someone’s Apple music family plan?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Add Member.
- Enter your family member’s name or email address and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose whether you’d like to send an invitation via Messages or to invite them in person.
Why can’t I join my family Apple music?
Check your Family Sharing settings. Make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.
How do I join family sharing?
Create a family group and invite people to join
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Tap Set Up Family Sharing > Get Started.
- Confirm that you want to be the family organizer and that you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I accept an Apple Music family invite on my iPhone?
Here’s how to accept a Family Sharing invitation on your iPhone or iPad:
- STEP 1: From your Home screen, go to Settings.
- STEP 2: Tap the Apple ID banner at the top.
- STEP 3: Tap Invitations.
- STEP 4: Tap Accept.
- STEP 5: Tap Confirm.
- STEP 6: Tap on Continue to share purchases.
- STEP 7: Tap on Share Your Location or Not Now.
How do I follow someone on Apple Music?
Follow your friends You can follow friends who are in your contacts list and who use Apple Music. On the profile screen, touch and hold a profile picture, then tap Follow. Tap Search, enter a friend’s name, tap it in the results, then tap Follow. Note: Your friends must have a profile for you to find them using search.
When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes for each family member.
Can’t accept Apple Music family invite?
Go to Settings > [your name] > Invitations. If you’re still not seeing the invite, have the the family member resend the invitation on their device by going to Settings > [name] > Family Sharing. Once there, have them select your name and then select Resend Invitation. Best regards.
Will I lose my music if I join family sharing?
You can leave or be removed from a Family Sharing group at any time. Once you are no longer part of that group, you lose access to any apps, moves, music, books and services purchased by another family member.
With iTunes or the new Apple Music app, you can share your entire music library from your computer to your laptop, iPhone, and more. This allows you to save space on your devices and share your music with your friends and family.
How do I join a family iCloud?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing. Click iCloud Storage. Click Share. Follow the onscreen instructions.
How do you accept family sharing on iPhone?
How to accept a Family Sharing invitation on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap the Apple ID banner at the top.
- Tap Invitations.
- Tap Accept.
- Tap Confirm.
- Tap Continue to share purchases.
- Tap to share your location or tap Not Now.
How do I accept an invitation on my iPhone?
If you’ve received a request in an email message, then you’ll need to go to your email inbox on your Apple device that has Find My Friends installed on it. Open the email, and click on the View Request link inside it. This will open Find My Friends on your device, and you’ll be able to accept or decline the request.
Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple
Many Apple memberships, such as Apple TV+, iCloud+, and Apple Fitness+, may be shared among members of your immediate family.
Apple TV+ provides you and up to five family members with access to Apple Original TV series and movies, as well as the ability to share Apple services such as Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and other content. When you share subscriptions, each individual sees their personal preferences and suggestions — not the preferences and recommendations of the whole household. When you share an iCloud+ plan, family members cannot see each other’s images, files, or documents unless they have permission to do so.
How to add a family member to your subscription from Apple
After you’ve set up Family Sharing, any subscriptions that are eligible for sharing are instantly shared with your family members. If any of your family members are unable to access a membership, follow these steps:
- Individual or student subscriptions should be upgraded to a family plan
- Otherwise, the subscription should be cancelled. Third-party subscriptions, which are subscriptions that are not created by Apple and are not available for sharing, may not be eligible for sharing. If a subscription is shareable, you will see a Share with Family option when you go to SettingsSubscriptions and touch the subscription
- If a subscription is not shareable, you will not see a Share with Family option.
Who is charged for the subscription?
When Purchase Sharing is enabled, the family organizer is responsible for paying for everyone’s subscriptions. Purchase Sharing can be turned off if you are the family organizer and do not wish to be responsible for the purchases and subscriptions made by family members. When Purchase Sharing is disabled, each individual is required to utilize their own payment method. Families who disable Purchase Sharing can still share subscriptions, but they will not be able to share individual purchases like as apps or books.
Date of Publication:
Get an Apple Music family subscription
With an Apple Music family membership, up to six individuals can each have unlimited access to Apple Music on their respective smartphones and other electronic devices.
First, set up Family Sharing
Create a Family Sharing account on your device. Then you may ask your family members to become a part of your family group. In the event that you have already configured Family Sharing, everyone in your family group will instantly have access to Apple Music once you subscribe. Do you already have an Apple Music subscription? Learn how to upgrade your subscription to a family plan. It is immediately cancelled when someone in the family group joins if they already have an individual or student Apple Music membership.
Then follow these steps to subscribe
- Open the Apple Music app or iTunes and begin listening. Select Listen Now or For You from the drop-down menu. Select the trial offer by tapping or clicking on it (one trial per person or household)
- Choose Family, then touch or click Start Trial to begin the trial. Sign in using the Apple ID and password that you use to make purchases on the Apple Store. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, select Create New Apple ID and follow the on-screen instructions. If you’re not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can assist you in determining whether or not you have. Verify your billing details and include a valid payment method in your order. Join by tapping or clicking on the Join button.
Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services. Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites. For further information, please contact the seller. Date of Publication:
If you have Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, Apple Arcade, or Apple Card, you may share access to these fantastic services with up to five additional family members.
1 A family picture album and an iCloud storage plan are now available for your group to use. You can also share purchases made through iTunes, Apple Books, and the App Store. You may even assist one another in locating one other’s misplaced gadgets.
Getting set up is simple.
Choose what you want to share, ask your family members to participate, and enjoy each other’s company in the virtual world.
- Michael Cavanna is the organizer
- Karina Cavanna is the parent/guardian
- Marisa Cavanna is 16 years old
- Jesse Cavanna is 8 years old
- Madi Cavanna is 6 years old.
Keep everyone entertained.
Everyone can find something they enjoy on Apple entertainment services, whether it’s music, TV and movies (including streaming), news, or gaming. With Family Sharing, you may make the same subscriptions available to everyone in your organization. Family members log into each service using their own Apple IDs, which means they see just their own information, preferences, and suggestions — not the material of the entire family — when they log in.
Original series and movies from the world’s most talented storytellers are available now. More information may be found here.
There are over 75 million songs available for streaming or downloading that are completely ad-free. More information may be found here.
You’ll get access to hundreds of publications and top newspapers right at your fingertips. More information may be found here.
More than 200 games are available to you at no additional cost. There are no advertisements or in-app purchases. More information may be found here.
Your entire family may share a single iCloud storage plan that is large enough to accommodate all of your family’s photographs, videos, and other documents. Although the files and papers of each individual remain private, it is possible to monitor how much storage each individual is consuming. If you find yourself in need of extra room, you can always switch to a larger plan. Learn more about Apple’s iCloud storage service.
- 200GB$2.99/month Shareable with friends and family
- 2TB$9.99/monthCan be shared with family members
All your family’s purchases on all your family’s devices.
Using purchase sharing, everyone in the group has immediate access to the music, albums, movies, television series, books, and applications that have been purchased by family members who have chosen to share them with the rest of the group. Purchases made through Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes are displayed on the Purchased tab for each family member’s account. Simply choose the member of your family whose collection you’d want to peruse, and then download or play the stuff you’ve selected.
Individual goods can be hidden if you wish to keep some of your purchases a secret from other people.
- Learn about the benefits of sharing purchases. Learn how to conceal and unhide purchases in your account.
Making purchases is easy. So is setting limits.
All new Apple Books and App Store purchases will be invoiced to the organizer’s account after your family has set up purchase sharing for themselves and their friends. However, if Ask to Buy is enabled for any of the family’s children, the organizer retains control over the purchase. In the event that a kid begins a purchase, an alert is given to the organizer, who may then check the download and approve or deny it directly from the organizer’s mobile. Purchases as well as free downloads are covered by this policy.
They ask to buy.
Before your children can make a purchase, they must first obtain parental authorization.
You reply from anywhere.
On your smartphone, you will get a notice. You have the option of reviewing the request and approving or declining it.
Be more aware of how kids use their devices.
If you track your children’s screen time, you may have a better knowledge of how much time they spend on apps, browsing websites, and using their devices in general. When you utilize Screen Time with Family Sharing, you can examine your children’s activity reports and set time restrictions for individual applications all from the comfort of your own home computer or smartphone.
If you have more than one child, you may designate another family member as a parent or guardian so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to your children’s screen usage. More information about Screen Time may be found here.
Keep track of everyone. And every device.
Whether you’re planning a meet-up site in the mall or you just want to know when your children arrive home from school, Find My makes it simple to keep track of one another. Simply invite them to share their whereabouts by sending them an invitation. And if anyone’s gadget goes lost, everyone else in the group may assist in locating it, even if the device is not connected to the internet. Find out more about Find My Phone.
Get your family on the same page.
In the Photos app on all of your family members’ devices, a shared album is automatically generated when you set up your family during the setup process. Everyone has the ability to post photographs, videos, and comments to the album at any time, and they will be alerted when something new is posted. Everyone may browse, add, and update events and appointments on a family calendar that has been set up by Family Sharing, and they will receive an alert when something changes. Additionally, anybody may use the Reminders app to send time and location reminders to members of their family and friends.
Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android
If you have an Apple Music family membership and you have an Android smartphone, you may share it with your family by using Family Sharing in the Apple Music app. You’ll learn how to join a family group so that everyone may benefit from their Apple Music membership. Alternatively, you might form your own family group to share your subscription.
How to join and leave someone else’s family group
Follow the procedures outlined below to form a family group and share your Apple Music membership with your family members. You should also learn how to depart if you no longer wish to be a part of that familial group.
- To begin, launch the Apple Music app on your Android device. Tap the More button
- Select Account
- Select Manage Family
- Select Leave Family
- And then tap OK.
How to start and manage your own family group
When you purchase an Apple Music family membership, you will be able to create and manage a family group to which you may distribute your subscription. Simply follow the instructions outlined below.
Upgrade to an Apple Music family subscription
- To begin, launch the Apple Music app on your Android device. To learn more, use the More button. Select Account from the drop-down menu. Select Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Select the family member from whom you want to remove them by tapping on their name. Select Remove From Family from the drop-down menu.
Stop Family Sharing
- To begin, launch the Apple Music app on your Android device. To learn more, use the More button. Select Account from the drop-down menu. Then select Manage Family from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down to and select Stop Family Sharing
Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services. Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites. For further information, please contact the seller. Date of Publication:
How to Add Family Members to Your Apple Music Subscription
If you’re looking for something melodious or melody-adjacent, Apple Music is one of the best streaming services to use. As the world’s largest music streaming service with more than 72,000 million users and more than 90,000 tracks from the most popular musicians of today, Spotify’s arch-nemesis has a lot to be jealous of. Those who sign up for Apple Music for the first time will receive three months of free service as a thank you for your loyalty. Upon expiration of the trial period, subscriptions are charged on a monthly ($9) or yearly ($99) basis.
Besides the fact that college students may obtain Apple Music for $5/month, an Apple Music family plan is another method to save money on your monthly membership.
The information in this article will show you how to set up Apple’s Family Sharing feature, as well as how to add people to your Apple ID. Before you know it, you’ll have numerous members of your family streaming music from the same source (and helping you pay that Apple Music premium).
Before you get started
A few items are required in order to follow the directions in this tutorial, some of which are more evident than others. Here is a list of everything you’ll need. To begin, you’ll need an Apple ID, which should be available to everyone who has at least one iOS or macOS device or uses any other Apple service. In order to use this app, you’ll need an iOS device running iOS 8 or later, or an Apple computer running OS X Yosemite or later. Of course, you’ll also need an Apple Music Family membership to make use of this feature.
The process of upgrading an Individual Apple Music subscription to a Family subscription is straightforward, and extensive instructions can be found in the support area of the Apple website’s help section.
What is Family Sharing?
It is a simple and quick method to share material across a variety of Apple services, including movies, iCloud storage, applications, and the one on which we will be concentrating today, Apple Music. Account administrators can host up to six users under a single family membership for as little as $15 per month. Given that everyone under Family Sharing utilizes their own Apple IDs, each person receives their own preferences and suggestions tailored to their own needs. The best part is that when you allow buy sharing with Family Sharing, the entire family may trade movies, programs, books, and music — as long as the purchasing user permits sharing for the other members of the group — without any additional effort.
Setting up Family Sharing
Instead of operating independently, Apple Music’s Family plan makes use of the infrastructure already in place for Apple’s Family Sharing service. Please proceed to the next step if you already have Family Sharing set up and are just interested in adding new family members to your existing group. In this section, we will cover how to set-up your Family subscription for the first time if you have never utilized Family Sharing before.
Setting up Family Sharing on iOS
The good news for those of you reading this post on your iPhone or iPad is that it’s easy to set up Family Sharing right now with just a few simple steps.
- Locate the Family Sharing options by going to: Open theSettingsapp and either press on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scroll down and tap on theiCloud settings button
- Or Set up family sharing by selecting Set Up Family Sharing: Then click on Get Started. From here, simply follow the on-screen instructions until the setup is complete. Invite your friends and family: If you’re running iOS 11 or later, you’ll be prompted to select the first function you’d like to make available for sharing before continuing. Simply follow the steps to invite family members via Messages from this point.
Setting up Family Sharing on Mac
If you’re using a Mac, configuring Family Sharing is just as simple, if not simpler, than configuring it on an iPhone or iPad. The procedures are only somewhat different.
- System Preferences may be accessed by clicking on the ever-present Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen and selecting it. Once the settings box has been opened, selectFamily Sharing from the drop-down menu. If you’re using a device running macOS Mojave or earlier, you’ll want to selectiCloud rather than Family Sharing. Begin the setup procedure by clicking on the following link: Simply select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the onscreen directions to finish the procedure.
Invite family members
You must now add family members in order for them to be able to access Apple Music, regardless of whether you have already set up Family Sharing or have just followed the procedures outlined above. This may be done on a Mac, an iOS device, or an Android smartphone. The procedures for each are outlined below.
- Obtaining the Family Sharing options is as simple as opening theSettingsapp and tapping on your name at the top of the screen, or on earlier iOS devices, scrolling down and opening theiCloud settings
- Add a new member to the family: It’s as simple as selecting Add Family Member and providing their name or email address in the appropriate field. Then simply follow the on-screen directions
- This is it. Complete the setup: It is possible to select whether to invite a family member through Messages or in person if you are using an iOS device running version 11 or later.
- Open the iCloud settings by clicking on the following link: Go to System Preferences and selectiCloud from the drop-down menu next to the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen. Family settings that are available: Simply select Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Add a new member to the family: Then, after clicking the Plus symbol, follow the onscreen directions
- Open the Apple Music preferences by clicking on the following link: Open Apple Music and then click on the menu symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Account settings from the drop-down menu: Identify yourself by tapping on your photo or name at the top of the screen. Membership options may be accessed from here: To manage your membership, choose Manage Membership and then enter your iCloud password if requested
- Family settings that are available: Select eitherFamily orFamily Setup from the drop-down menu. Family members can be added as follows: Adding family members is simple if you chooseFamily Setup from the drop-down menu on the screen. If you choose Family, select AddFamily Memberat the bottom of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
You should be fully set on your end at this point. That leaves just one thing to do: convince your family members to really start using Apple Music.
Simply logging into Apple Music using the same credentials that they use for Family Sharing will enable them to begin listening immediately. Having said that, every now and then, things don’t go quite as smoothly as you’d intended.
If you run into trouble
The use of several accounts by a family member and login into Apple Music or iCloud (in the case of Family Sharing) using the incorrect account is a regular problem. If one individual is experiencing difficulty accessing Apple Music, the first thing to check is their internet connection. Some difficulties that prohibit you or another family member from accessing a Family subscription can be resolved by logging out and logging back in. In the first instance, try logging out of the impacted Apple Music account and then signing back in once again.
After trying both of these approaches with no success, try deleting everyone from Family Sharing and then re-adding them.
And it’s really as simple as that.
Alternatively, if you decide to switch to another provider, we’ve put up a tutorial on how to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
- Beats headphones are now on sale at Amazon for a limited time. In 2021, Spotify’s HiFi tier was nowhere to be found. Is the year 2022 going to be any different? Forget about the AirPods Pro: Beats Studio Buds are now available for just $120 on Amazon. Instructions on how to create and maintain a record collection
- Instructions on how to convert your vinyl record to a digital version
Get your family on the same beat with an Apple Music Family plan
Apple Music’s family plan is integrated with the Family Sharing feature in iOS 14 and Mac OS X Big Sur. It allows numerous separate Apple IDs to share calendars, photographs, movies, television shows, and music through Family Sharing. Prior to the introduction of Family Sharing, families were required to utilize a single Apple ID for all of their purchases, which was inconvenient on a number of levels. When you sign up for an Apple Music Family plan, which allows you to stream music to up to six devices or accounts at the same time, Family Sharing takes care of all of the technical aspects of the subscription for you.
So, grab your favorite iPhone and follow the steps outlined below to sign up for and activate an Apple Music family subscription on your device.
How to sign up for Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
In order to utilize the Apple Music Family Plan, you must first sign up for Family Sharing, which can be done via the Apple Music Family Plan website. The individual responsible for organizing the family should be the one who sets up Family Sharing in the beginning. It is your responsibility as family organizer to accept purchase requests from all members of the family group. Even more crucially, you are committing to pay for any purchases made by any member of the family group, whether an adult or a kid.
For a new iPhone, you’ll need to go through the process of signing up for family sharing, if you haven’t already done so.
- The Settings app may be accessed from your Home screen. Source: iMore
- SelectFamily Sharing from theApple ID banner at the top of the screen. Set up your family by tapping on Set Up Your Family
- Invite people by tapping on Invite People. You’ll also find a list of the current services that will be presented on this page. iMore. Then, select the invitation method that you wish to utilize and invite the contact(s)
- Then, tapDone.
In the future, you can invite more individuals to your Family Sharing account if you choose, but only after they have accepted your invitation to become a member of your family.
You’ll be able to begin sharing your Apple Music family plan with them as soon as you’re finished.
How to sign up for Apple Music’s family plan
Please keep in mind that if any of your family members have previously signed up for an Apple Music free trial, this will not work; you will need to wait until after their free trial time has expired before adding them to your Apple Music Family subscription.
- Use your Home screen to launch theMusic app
- Tap theListen Nowtab at the bottom of your screen
- Tap theaccount buttonin the top right
- Source: iMore
- TapJoin Apple Music
- Tap theFamily Plan
- TapJoin Apple Musicat the bottom of your screen
- iMore. TapSubscribe
- Sign in using your Apple ID password by tappingSign In. iMore.
Now that you’ve signed up for Apple Music’s Family plan, all of the members of your Family Sharing group (up to six people) will be able to use Apple Music as soon as they log into their Apple Music accounts.
If you have any questions regarding signing up for an Apple Music Family subscription, please post them in the comments section below. July 20, 2021: This page has been updated. This version has been updated to work with iOS 14. From what we can discern, these processes are the same in the iOS 15 beta as they are in the final release.
Millions of music are available to you in your pocket. More than 70 million songs, live radio stations hosted by well-known personalities, and thousands of curated playlists covering every genre imaginable are available on Apple’s music streaming service. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. Analog to Digital Conversion
What are the best DACs for iPhone and iPad?
You will require a digital to analog converter in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music on your computer (DAC). Let’s take a look at which digital audio converters are the finest for your iPhone or iPad.
How to Add a Family Member to Apple Music
One of the many wonderful features of Apple Music is the ability to share your membership with others. By registering for a Family Membership, you and your family members will be able to share the same plan across numerous Apple IDs. All you have to do is create a Family Sharing group and ask your friends and family members to join. It’s really simple to figure out how to include a family member in your group. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of sending invitations to Apple Music on various devices using step-by-step instructions.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an iPhone?
First and foremost, you must establish a family group. Here’s how you go about it:
- “Settings” should be opened. Select “Set up Family Sharing” from the options menu after selecting the “Name, Phone Number, Email” tab at the top of the list. There will be a pop-up window that appears. To begin, use the “Get Started” button. If you want to learn more about family sharing, click on “Learn More about Family Sharing.” Choose Apple Music from the drop-down menu that appears. Wait for the device to confirm that your Family Membership subscription has been activated. Continue to send out invitations to the group
You are not need to add all of your family members at once. You may progressively increase the number of people until you hit the six-person maximum. You may also send and accept invitations using the app, which works on all Apple devices. Instructions for inviting family members to Apple Music on an iPhone are as follows:
- Access your Apple ID profile by going to “Settings” and selecting it. Select “Add Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. Fill up the blanks with the name or email address of a member of your family. You may manually invite them or send them a message using “Messages.” Choose only one approach
- To finish the procedure, follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
When you give someone an invitation, they must accept it on their device before you can proceed. Any existing accounts will be terminated as soon as they sign up for the service. Keep in mind that each member of the family must have their own Apple ID. They will not be able to access your Apple Music account until you grant them permission.
If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, you may recover it by going to iforgot.apple.com and entering your name and email address there. If your child is too young to have an Apple ID profile, you may establish one for him or her on your computer. Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to “Settings” and choose your Apple ID profile from the list
- Select “Add Family Member” from the “Family Sharing” drop-down menu. “Create a Child Account” will appear in the drop-down list of possibilities. To proceed, press “Next.” Set the month, day, and year of your child’s birthday to the appropriate values. It’s an important stage in identifying what kind of services you’ll be needing later. Be careful, since once you’ve selected a date, there’s no going back. Take a look at the “Parent Privacy Notice.” When you’re finished, click “Agree.” Choose the payment option that you’ve chosen in advance. “Next.” should be used to confirm. Fill in the required information to set up your child’s Apple ID on your computer. When you’re finished, click “Next” and then “Create.” To finish setting up the profile, follow the step-by-step steps provided in the tutorial. You have the option of selecting both a password and security questions. You can prevent your youngster from making unlawful purchases by turning on the “Ask to Buy” feature. If they attempt to purchase something from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books, you’ll receive a notice. Once this is done, a new window will open, which will include the “Terms and Conditions.” After you’ve finished reading, click “I agree.”
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on an Android?
Apple Music is also available for Android-based smartphones and tablets. You may get the app from the Google Play Store and register for an account using it. Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the app. Fill up the search field at the top of the screen with the words “Apple Music.” Choose “Install” from the drop-down menu next to the app. To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. If you are a first-time user, you will be greeted with a welcome message. Continue by tapping the screen. Choose a subscription plan from the list of available choices. Sign in by pressing on “Use Existing Apple ID” and entering the digits that appear on the screen
- Decide on a payment option and double-check your billing details
- Choose “Join Apple Music.” from the drop-down menu.
Once you’ve signed up for a family subscription, you can begin adding members to your group. On an Android device, follow these steps to invite family members to Apple Music:
- To open the Apple Music app, simply tap on the icon. To access the settings menu, click on the three vertical dots in the top-left corner of the screen. Select your profile image or username from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. From the “Account Settings” drop-down menu, select “Membership Settings.” After that, select “Manage Membership.” Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu. Then, from the drop-down menu, select “Family Setup.” Complete the step-by-step steps to invite a member of your household.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Mac?
The Apple Menu provides access to your subscription plan management. The following steps will show you how to invite family members to Apple Music on a Mac:
- Open the Apple menu by pressing the I key. Make a selection from the control panel’s “System Preferences.” Make a selection from “Family Sharing.” “Add Family Member” will be the first option you see when you start the walk-through. Make certain that none of the steps are skipped.
YouriCloudaccount will be required if your laptop is running an earlier version of macOS (for example, Mojave). Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Apple Menu, which is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select “iCloud” from the “System Preferences” menu. Select “Manage Family” from the drop-down menu, followed by the “+Add Member” option. To finish the process, follow the on-screen directions.
You may set up your child’s Apple ID on a Mac in the same way that you would on an iOS device. Here’s how you go about it:
- Open the Apple Menu by clicking on the Apple icon in the top-left corner. Select Family Sharing from the System Preferences menu. Select the “Add Family Member” option from the drop-down menu. For previous versions of macOS, you must first launch iCloud before proceeding. Afterwards, navigate to “Manage Family” and select the “+ Add” button. Choose “Create an Apple ID” from the drop-down menu that appears. To proceed, click “Continue.” Set the month, day, and year of your child’s birthday in your calendar software. Make careful you don’t make a mistake because you won’t be able to adjust the date afterwards. Create an Apple ID login and password for your child by entering his or her name and a password. When you’re finished, click “Next.” Fill in the blanks with the information pertaining to your selected payment plan. To accept, click “Agree.” When you click on the link, a new window will emerge with instructions on how to create your account. Create a memorable password and security questions, and then fill in the necessary information. You should wait for the confirmation e-mail to ensure that you have successfully created the Apple ID.
How to Invite Family Members to Apple Music on a Windows PC?
Unfortunately, Family Sharing is not available on Windows-based computers. It is necessary to have OS X Yosemite installed in order to subscribe to a family subscription plan (and above). Alternatively, if you receive an invitation from someone, you can try to access it using theiCloud for Windowsapp. It’s possible that you’ll be able to join pre-existing groups this way. In the case of a Windows PC, unfortunately, there is no method to create a Family Sharing group.
There is a restriction to the number of different family members that may be added to Apple Music at one time. No more than six users – or, to be precise, six unique Apple ID accounts – may enjoy the same subscription plan at the same time. It is necessary for each member to have their own Apple ID. If their children are under the age of thirteen, their parents can set up an account for them. Adding them to the Family Sharing group, on the other hand, is not the only option to do so. If they happen to have a Game Center account, you may utilize it to replace their account.
- Go to “Settings” and select your name from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on “Family Sharing,” followed by “Add Family Member.” For Mac users, select “+ Add” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your child’s Game Center login in the appropriate field.
- Follow the steps outlined on the screen until the completion.
Can I Invite Friends to My Apple Music Family Membership?
Anyone who satisfies at least one of the following qualifications is eligible to be invited to the event: Has a valid Apple ID on his or her device. Has an Apple ID and an iCloud account. Has an iOS device from a more recent generation. In other words, you need an iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or above. Has a PC running the OS X Yosemite operating system. Later versions of the document are likewise acceptable. Does your family have an Apple Music subscription? If your buddy is currently subscribed to a different service, they can upgrade to a Family Membership.
- Launch the Apple Music application and select “Settings.” 2.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Family Subscription” from the drop-down menu of subscription options that are offered.
- Finally, hit “Purchase” to finish the transaction.
- Here’s how you go about it: 1.
- A new window will be opened for you.
Continue scrolling until you reach the “Subscriptions” area, and then click “Manage.” 5. Locate your existing subscription plan and click on the “Edit” button next to it to make any necessary changes. 6. Select the family subscription option from the drop-down menu.
With Apple Music, everyone in the family can get involved in the excitement. With a single subscription package, you may use up to six distinct Apple IDs at the same time. No one, including children, is required to be excluded from the Family Sharing group. Alternatively, you may create an Apple ID account in their place or ask them to join through Game Center. Are you a member of a Family Membership? If so, please log in. Do you prefer not to have your account information shared with others?
How do I join Apple family sharing on Android?
Inquire with the organizer of the Family Membership group that you wish to join about the possibility of being invited to join the group. Accept the offer to participate in a family group activity. After you’ve accepted the invitation, open Apple Music on your Android phone and make sure you’re a member of the group by checking your membership status.
Can I use Apple family sharing on Android?
You can use the Apple Music Family Plan on an Android device, which is a yes.
How do I connect to family sharing on Android?
Invite your friends and family.
- Say “Hey Google, open Assistant settings” on your Android phone or tablet, or go to Assistant settings on your computer. You should tap You and Your folks. Include a person
- Select the contact you wish to include in the list
- Activate the Family group
- Enter their email address and choose Use this email after they have confirmed it. Save
How do I join Apple music family on Android?
Configuring Apple Music family on an Android smartphone is as follows:
- Install the Apple Music app from the Google Play store. Launch the Apple Music application.
- You may take advantage of the trial offer if you’re joining Apple Music for the first time or if you’ve previously utilized one. If you already have an Apple Music subscription, sign in with your existing credentials and then switch to a Family membership.
You may use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to play this game. Navigate to the SettingsFamily Sharing menu. Add a new member by using the Add Member button. Then, enter the name or email address of the person you’re looking for and follow the onscreen instructions. Select whether you want to send an invitation through Messages or if you want to invite them in person.
Why is Apple Family Sharing not working?
Check your settings to make sure you’re logged in with the same Apple ID everywhere you go, including Family Sharing and purchase sharing, and that you’re not accidentally signing out. After that, urge your family members to double-check their settings as well. Android is a mobile operating system. Open the Google Play Store application. MenuAccountFamily may be found in the upper left corner. Register for the Family Library. For assistance in setting up your Family Library, go to the directions on the screen.
How do I accept family sharing invites on Android?
Ensure that you are signed in with the same Apple ID across all of your devices, including Family Sharing and purchase sharing, by going into your Settings > General > Sign in with Apple ID. When you are finished, ask your family members to double-check their configurations as well. a platform based on Android Launch the Google Play Store application on your device. Click on MenuAccountFamily in the upper left corner. Become a member of the Family Library! To set up your Family Library, just follow the on-screen directions.
How do I manage family sharing on my computer?
Share iTunes Store purchases made on a PC with other members of your family by using Family Sharing.
- AccountFamily Purchases may be seen in the iTunes program on your computer. If you do not see Family Purchases, this means that Family Sharing has not been enabled for you. Select a family member from the drop-down menu in the top-left corner (next to Purchased), then click on their name to see their purchases. To download an item, select it and then click the iCloud Download icon.
How do I leave family sharing under 13?
When you add a kid under the age of thirteen to Family Sharing, you cannot remove them from the group; however, you can move them to another Family Sharing group. In order to do this, the organizer of another Family Sharing group must extend an invitation to the youngster to participate in their group.
Will I lose my music if I switch family sharing?
If you and your family members share purchases made on iTunes, Apple Books, and the App Store, you will instantly cease sharing your purchases and will no longer have access to the purchases made by your other family members.
… Any stuff that you or your family members have shared with you is not automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device.
How does Apple’s family plan work?
Using purchase sharing, everyone in the group has immediate access to the music, albums, movies, television series, books, and applications that have been purchased by family members who have chosen to share them with the rest of the group. Purchases made through Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes are displayed on the Purchased tab for each family member’s account.
Why can’t I accept a family sharing invitation?
You should check to see if someone else has joined a family using your Apple ID or is sharing bought material from your Apple ID if you are unable to accept the invitation. Please keep in mind that you may only be part of one family at a time, and you can only change to a new family group once every calendar year. Thank you for your participation in the Apple Support Communities.
How much is family sharing on Apple?
There are no costs associated with family sharing. It is a completely free function.
What can family sharing see on iPhone?
Purchases made through iTunes and the App Store Family members will have access to the music, movies, TV shows, books, and applications that you have purchased and will be able to watch and download them. Each member of your family will have quick access to paid applications that have previously been acquired by other members of your family. Q: Can you tell me about your shared safari history? If Safari is enabled in Settings iCloud, iCloud will sync browsing history between devices that are connected to the same iCloud account.
How to Switch Between Apple Music Individual and Family Plans
Apple Music is available through four different subscription options. Individual monthly plans are available for $9.99 per month, individual yearly plans are available for $99 per year, a family plan that includes up to 6 family members is available for $14.99 per month, and a student plan is available for $4.99 per month. For those who are currently enrolled in any one of the plans listed above, you can easily switch to a different plan. You may, for example, terminate your individual plan and enroll in a family plan.
A Sub-membership plan allows you to switch in and out at any time.
- How to Change from an Individual Apple Music Plan to a Family Apple Music Plan When using Apple Music, how do you switch from the Family Plan to the Individual Plan? Make the switch from a Sub-membership on a Family Plan to an Individual Plan
- And Instructions on how to switch from an Individual Apple Music plan to a Subscription Plan
How to Switch from Individual Apple Music Plan to Family Plan
The first step in converting to a family plan is to set up Family Sharing on your existing account. When you set up the family, you will be the one in charge of keeping things running well. Afterwards, follow the procedures outlined below in order to transition from an individual Apple Music plan to a Family Plan.
- Open the Musicapp on your iPhone or iPad and press “Play.” Then, from the bottom bar, selectFor You(). Upgrade to the Family Plan by tapping on your profile photo in the upper right corner. Now, at the bottom of the screen, select Upgrade. Last but not least, confirm your order. As soon as you sign up, you will be elevated to the Family Plan.
You will be issued a refund for the remaining time remaining on your Individual Plan membership period.
How to Change from Family Plan to Individual Plan in Apple Music
- Open the Musicapp on your iPhone or iPad and press “Play.” Then, from the bottom bar, selectFor You(). To access your profile image, click on it in the upper right corner. To manage your subscription, go to Manage Subscription. To choose between Individual (1 Month) and Individual (1 Year), select the option that best suits you. You must confirm your switch to the new plan in order to proceed.
Switch from a Sub-membership on Family Plan to an Individual Plan
First and foremost, you must temporarily disengage from Family Sharing. After that, you can purchase an individual plan and then request that you be reinstated in Family Sharing.
- Using your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app. Tap on your name + Apple ID card at the top of the screen. Tap onFamily Sharing
- Tap onLeave Family
- And then tap onDone. Now, launch theMusicapp on your device. Because you are no longer a member of Family Sharing, you will be logged out of Apple Music as a result of this. Click on “Start Free Trial” and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the individual plan sign up. You will also see that your previous music collection is still accessible. You should now request that the Family Sharing organizer reinstate you to your original family (subject to application)
How to Change from an Individual Apple Music plan to a Sub-membership Plan
- If you have an Apple Music Family plan membership, request that the organizer add you to Family Sharing
- Open the Musicapp on your iPhone or iPad and press “Play.” Then, from the bottom bar, selectFor You(). In the upper right-hand corner, click on your profile photo
- Then click onManage Subscription. When you’re finished, tapCancel Subscription and confirm your decision.
Following the expiration of your existing individual plan, log out of Apple Music and then sign back in. Apple Music will now be available to you automatically if you have Family Sharing enabled. That’s all there is to it, guys! From your Mac, you may also change plans. To do this, access the App Store by clicking on your name at the bottom of the left column and selecting it. After that, select ‘View Information’ and provide your login information if prompted.
Select Manage from the drop-down menu that appears after you scroll down to “Subscriptions.” Finally, click on ‘Edit’ next to the subscription that you wish to alter and select a different plan from the list that appears. You might also be interested in the following:
- You’ll need to log out of Apple Music and then back in again when your current individual plan expires. Apple Music will now be available to you automatically if you have Family Sharing enabled on your iPhone or iPod touch. And that’s all there is to it, everyone! Changes in plans are also possible from a Mac computer. Open the App Store and choose your name from the bottom of the left-hand sidebar to complete this process. In the following window, select ‘View Information’ and enter your username and password as prompted. After that, go down to ‘Subscriptions,’ and click on ‘Manage. Finally, select a new plan by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button next to the subscription that you wish to modify. In addition, you may be interested in the following:
If you have a question, please post it in the comment section below. We would be delighted to respond. Dhvanesh, the proprietor of iGeeksBlog, is a die-hard Apple fan who can’t abide even the slightest hint against the company’s goods on the internet. The editor-in-headgear chief’s he dons in order to ensure that articles meet the quality level before they are published in the journal.
How to Set up and Add Members to an Apple Music Family Subscription
- Why You Might Want a Family Plan
- Why You Might Not Want One
- What You Should Know About Family Plans How to Create an Apple Music Family Account
- How to Create an Apple Music Family Account How to Add Family Members to Your Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
A pple Music, like other streaming services, provides a family membership that, depending on the circumstances, can help families save money on their music subscription costs. Setting up a family membership and adding members to an existing family subscription, on the other hand, might be a little difficult. In contrast to the services offered by its competitors, Apple Music is fully integrated into the company’s ecosystem and operates on a proprietary system. If your family does not exclusively use Apple products, this might be a source of confusion.
√Why You Might Want a Family Plan
Purchasing an Apple Music family subscription, which costs $15 per month, grants you and up to five more family members access to the streaming platform. Each member of the family will have their own personal account, and the family plan will provide additional perks as well. If you want to share something, you may do it at any time and at any place, according to Apple. When it comes to Apple Music, this includes any purchases made through the iTunes store.
XNot %20Want%20One”> Why You MightNotWant One
To be sure, not every household will benefit from having an Apple Music Family Account. Individual accounts may be a better option for you, depending on your specific circumstances and needs. This is especially true if you and your partner are both students who qualify for education pricing (which is only $4.99 a month). Nonetheless, a $15 Apple Music membership for up to six people is a fantastic deal. Therefore, take stock of your own situation and assess your possibilities.
1How to Set Up an Apple Music Family Account
Remember that you will need an Apple ID to complete this process, although if you own an Apple device you most likely already have one. In addition, you’ll need at least one iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or macOS device running iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite or later to participate. Of course, you’ll also need to purchase an Apple Music Family membership to use the service effectively.
Get an Apple Music Family Subscription
If you don’t already have an Apple Music account, you may create one by clicking here. Make sure you select the Family subscription option when configuring your account. If you already have an account and are presently on a device that you are logged into, you may sign in by clicking this link for iOS or this link for macOS. Alternatively, you can follow the methods outlined below. Users of the iOS operating system
- Open Apple Music and choose For You from the drop-down menu. Then select theProfile symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen. Locate and choose View Account from the drop-down menu. (Alternatively, select View Apple ID from the drop-down menu.) Then, scroll down to Subscriptions and click on it. Click onApple Music
- Then click onFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection.
Users of Mac OS X should note the following:
- Make sure you’re logged in with your Apple ID when you open iTunes. Account may be found by clicking on it. View My Account by selecting it from the top menu bar. Log in with your credentials and choose View Account
- Scroll to the bottom of the Account Information page to find Settings. ClickManage
- Then clickApple Music
- And so on. SelectFamily (1 Month) and confirm your selection
Set up Family Sharing
A membership to Apple Music Family is not available as a stand-alone offering. It is integrated with Apple’sFamily Sharingplatform, among other things. You’ll need to set up Family Sharing as a result of this in order to invite your family members to your plan.
This post will presume that you wish to be what Apple refers to as the “family organizer,” who is in charge of setting up and maintaining the platform. If you are unable to complete these tasks, ask someone else in your family to assist you. Users of iOS devices should note the following:
- On theApple IDcard (it should say your name)
- And then click on theGeneral tab. Set up family sharing by tappingSet Up Family Sharing
- Then tapGet Started and follow the instructions.
OpenSettings; on theApple IDcard (it should say your name); and then click on the iCloud button. Click on Set Up Family Sharing; then click on Get Started and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click on theApple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar to open the Apple menu. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Select iCloud from the drop-down menu
- Select Set Up Family from the drop-down menu and follow the steps
2How to Add Family Members to Your Account
Activate the navigation bar by clicking on theApple logo in the upper-left corner; Using the system preferences menu, navigate to the cloud tab and click Set Up Family. Then, as directed, follow the on-screen directions to finish setting up your family.
- Open Settings and choose the Apple ID card (with your name on it). Then, selectFamily Sharing
- SelectAdd Family Member
- Enter the person’s name or email address
- And then follow the onscreen steps.
- To access the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar, choose it. Select System Preferences
- Then select iCloud from the drop-down menu. Locate and choose Manage Family from the drop-down menu. Click on the plus sign and follow the on-screen directions
- Activate the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of the menu bar by clicking on it. Then, choose System Preferences, then, select iCloud. Locate and choose Manage Family from the drop-down menu
- And Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking on the plus sign.
What to Do From Here
- Once you’ve completed the procedures outlined above, the only thing left to do is encourage your family member to begin using Apple Music. Simply open Apple Music on their device (while signed into their iCloud and Apple ID accounts) and sign in with the same credentials you used to send them an invitation
- The first thing to keep in mind is that if someone in your family is presently using an Apple Music free trial, they will not be able to be joined to a family subscription. You’ll have to wait until the trial time expires before continuing. However, another typical snag is that a family member may be using an Apple ID that differs from the one you used to invite them. Prior to contacting Apple Support, double-check that this is the case
- If you continue to experience problems, try logging out and back in. If that is not an option, you can remove that family member from Family Sharing and then invite them back in.