Play music for you
- Open the Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll to the top of the screen, then tap Listen Now to view a curated feed of playlists and albums based on your likes and dislikes.
- Tap a category, tap an album or playlist, then tap.
Can I play my music on my Apple Watch?
- Open the Music app on your Apple Watch and scroll up, then tap Library. You can also use Siri to play any song in the Apple Music catalog and listen to custom stations in the Radio app. If you’re not an Apple Music subscriber, you can enjoy some music on your Apple Watch.
- 1 Can you play music directly from Apple Watch?
- 2 Can you play music Apple watch without phone?
- 3 How do I play music on my Apple Watch without headphones?
- 4 How do you listen to music offline on Apple Watch?
- 5 How do I control music from my iPhone to my Apple Watch?
- 6 How can I listen to Spotify on my Apple watch without my phone?
- 7 Can I play Spotify on Apple Watch?
- 8 Does Apple Watch connect to WIFI?
- 9 Is Apple Music free?
- 10 Can you download Music Apple music?
- 11 Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch
- 12 Listen to Apple Music
- 13 Listen to Apple Podcasts
- 14 Listen to audiobooks
- 15 Do more with music and podcasts on your Apple Watch
- 16 How to Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
- 17 Update WatchOS
- 18 Pair Your Watch
- 19 Add Music
- 20 Listen on Your Watch
- 21 Listen to Apple Radio
- 22 Listen With Siri
- 23 iCloud Music
- 24 Listen to Spotify
- 25 Listen to Pandora
- 26 iHeartRadio
- 27 Other Third-Party Apps
- 28 How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone Offline
- 29 Part 1. Does Spotify Work on Apple Watch?
- 30 Part 2. Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch without Premium
- 31 Part 3. Control Spotify with Apple Watch with Premium
- 32 Part 4. Best Method to Enjoy Spotify Offline Apple Watch
- 33 Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- 33.1 4.1 How to Download Music from Spotify via Tunelf
- 33.2 4.2 How to Transfer Spotify Music Tracks to Apple Watch
- 33.3 4.3 Video Demo: Download Spotify Playlist to Apple Watch
- 34 Part 5. Spotify on Apple Watch: Supported Features
- 35 Conclusion
- 36 7 Ways to Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
- 37 Apple Music
- 38 Spotify
- 39 Pandora
- 40 Deezer
- 41 Tidal
- 42 iHeartRadio
- 43 Your synced library
- 44 Spotify is rolling out the ability to stream music from your Apple Watch without an iPhone nearby
- 45 How to play music from your Apple Watch on speakers and wireless headphones
- 46 Speaker for yourself
- 47 Alternatives to Apple Music
- 48 Automation
- 49 How to add and play music on the Apple Watch: Stream from Apple Music or Spotify
- 50 How to use Apple Music on Apple Watch
- 51 How to use Spotify on Apple Watch
- 52 Music on Apple Watch without iPhone
- 53 Connect Bluetooth headphones to Apple Watch
- 54 How to add music and other audio to your Apple Watch and listen to it from the watch
- 55 How to download music to your Apple Watch
- 56 How to listen to music on your Apple Watch
- 57 How to download podcasts to your Apple Watch
- 58 How to listen to podcasts on your Apple Watch
- 59 Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
Can you play music directly from Apple Watch?
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi or cellular on your Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can stream Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and audiobooks, even when you’re away from your iPhone. Then you can play the content on your watch without your iPhone nearby, even if your watch is not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.
Can you play music Apple watch without phone?
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data on your Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can stream Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and audiobooks, even when you’re away from your iPhone. You need Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to music or other audio on your Apple Watch.
How do I play music on my Apple Watch without headphones?
The Apple watch does not allow music to be played from the low volume speaker that is part of the watch. However, you can connect any bluetooth speaker to the Apple watch just like you would connect bluetooth headphones.
How do you listen to music offline on Apple Watch?
Find the music or podcasts you want to listen to via Spotify’s Watch app. Tap the … button and then Download to Apple Watch. You’ll see a green arrow next to any downloaded tracks – these can then be played offline with no problem!
How do I control music from my iPhone to my Apple Watch?
Control music, podcasts, or audiobooks on iPhone
- Open the Music, Podcasts, or Books app on your iPhone, then start playing a song, podcast, or audiobook.
- Open Now Playing on your Apple Watch and use its controls to play, pause, and more.
- Turn the Digital Crown to adjust volume.
How can I listen to Spotify on my Apple watch without my phone?
Scroll to Music and tap it, then tap + to transfer Spotify music to Apple Watch. Tap the + button next to the music that you want. After syncing, you will find Spotify music tracks on Apple Watch and just play Spotify music on Apple Watch without iPhone even offline.
Can I play Spotify on Apple Watch?
For Spotify to show on your Apple Watch, download and log in to the Spotify app on your iPhone. Note: Make sure you’ve paired your Apple Watch to your iPhone with Bluetooth.
Does Apple Watch connect to WIFI?
Your Apple Watch uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to communicate with your paired iPhone. If you have cellular, your watch can also stay connected through a cellular network. Your Apple Watch uses Bluetooth when your iPhone is near, which conserves power. If Bluetooth isn’t available, your Apple Watch will try to use Wi-Fi.
Is Apple Music free?
Yes, there is a free Apple Music service that requires no paid subscription. Once a user signs up and the free trial ends, features such as offline listening, track skipping, and music recommendations are limited.
Can you download Music Apple music?
In the Music app, Apple Music subscribers can add and download songs and videos from Apple Music. You can stream music you add to iPhone when you have an internet connection. To play music when you’re not connected to the internet, you must first download it.
Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch
A digital to analog converter will be required in order to listen to high-resolution Apple Lossless music (DAC). Discover which digital-to-analog converters are the most appropriate for your iPhone or iPad.
Listen to Apple Music
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you have the ability to play any song from the Apple Music library. Alternatively, you may ask Siri to play any song from the Apple Music database. You may listen to your songs, albums, and playlists even if you do not have an Apple Music subscription. Find out more about how to use the Music application. To listen to music, launch the Music app and select the song you want to listen to. You may also listen to radio by using the Radio application.
How to sync music to your Apple Watch
- If you’re using an iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app and then touch on the My Watch tab at the bottom of the screen
- Then, in the upper-right corner, select Edit from the drop-down menu next to Music. If you don’t see Edit, it means that no music has been synced to your watch. Under PlaylistsAlbums, choose any song that you wish to remove by tapping the delete button next to it, then touch Delete. You may also turn off any automatically added playlists that you don’t want to appear on your watch by visiting this page.
Listen to Apple Podcasts
In order to charge your Apple Watch, any podcasts that you have subscribed to automatically sync with your Apple Watch. However, you may manually sync podcasts to your Apple Watch if you choose.
How to sync podcasts to your Apple Watch
- To check if Sync Podcasts is enabled on your iPhone, go to SettingsPodcasts and check that it is checked. On your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch application. Navigate to the My Watch menu, scroll down to Podcasts, and hit it. Select Custom from the Add Episodes From drop-down menu. To select a show, move the slider to the desired position. To subscribe to a podcast if it isn’t already available, open the Podcasts app on your iPhone, search for the show, and then hit Subscribe.
After you’ve finished listening to an episode, it will be instantly erased from your Apple Watch. Find out more about how to use the Podcasts application.
Listen to audiobooks
Audiobooks may be purchased using the Books app on your iOS or iPadOS device, as well as on your Mac. Then you may listen to them using the Audiobooks app on your watch. The Apple Watch syncs up to two audiobooks from your Reading Now or Want to Read collections by default when it is recharged. You may change this setting in the Apple Watch settings. However, you may manually sync audiobooks to your Apple Watch if you choose.
Do more with music and podcasts on your Apple Watch
- Every time you begin a workout, you may start a customized music on your phone. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select My Watch from the drop-down menu. Workout, then Workout Playlist are the next two options. You may disable Now Playing if you don’t want it to launch automatically every time you log in. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select the My Watch tab from the navigation bar. Select General from the drop-down menu, then Wake Screen from the drop-down menu, and switch off Auto-launch Audio Apps.
The Apple Watch Series 1 and subsequent models are compatible with workout playlists. The availability of Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books may differ from nation to country or area to region. Find out what’s available in your nation or region by visiting the website. Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services.
For further information, please contact the seller.
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
How to Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
Whether or not your iPhone is nearby, listening to music on your Apple Watch is a simple choice to keep you entertained. However, the way you listen to your favorite music on your watch is dependent on the model and operating system version. It will be possible to listen to albums and playlists that have been produced on your iPhone using any Apple Watch running watchOS 4.1 or above. You may also listen to music streaming applications such as Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio, as well as Apple Music (if you’re a subscriber) while using this feature.
You may also listen to music that has been uploaded to the cloud. Let’s have a look at the many methods of listening to music on your Apple Watch.
First and foremost, make certain that your watch is running the most recent operating system. On your iPhone, launch the Watch app, and on your watch, launch the Settings app. Navigate to the GeneralSoftware Update section. When you open the app, it will either inform you that your software is current or it will urge you to download and install the most recent update.
Pair Your Watch
It’s then necessary to link your watch with either Bluetooth earbuds or a speaker. Make sure your Bluetooth device is turned on and in pairing mode before proceeding. Go to the SettingsBluetooth menu on your Apple Watch. Your Bluetooth device should be listed and be able to be paired with your computer. Select the gadget by tapping its name. The status should then reflect that it has been successfully established.
You can sync your albums and playlists with your Apple Watch if you have any of the models. If you don’t already have any playlists, you may quickly build ones on your smartphone if you so like. Select Bluetooth from the Settings menu on your iPhone and confirm that Bluetooth is enabled. To access the Music area of the Watch app on your iPhone, open the My Watchsection and then tap on Music. After that, you may enableRecent Musicto have music that you’ve recently listened to automatically added to your library.
Then connect your watch to a charger and enable the music to sync.
Listen on Your Watch
Make your way to your watch and push the Digital Crown to return to the home screen of the device. Select albums and playlists from the Music app’s thumbnails by swiping left and right. When you select theLibraryentry, you will be able to browse through all of the playlists, artists, albums, and songs that have been added to your watch. Select the entry you wish to hear by tapping it. You have the ability to play and pause the music, as well as skip to the next track or return to the previous track.
You may also use your Apple Watch to listen to music from your iPhone or iPad.
When you tap on iPhone, you will be able to swipe through all of the albums and songs that are currently playing on your iPhone.
Listen to Apple Radio
Listening to Apple Radio stations is possible with an Apple Watch Series 3 or newer, as well as watchOS 4.1 or newer on the device. Tap theApple Musicicon on the home screen to start listening to music. To listen to the current live broadcast, swipe through the thumbnails for the various stations or tap the Apple Music 1 radio station to listen to the current live broadcast. If you want to listen to bespoke radio stations on Apple Radio, you’ll have to enlist the assistance of Siri.
If you have an Apple Watch, you can play one simply asking “Hey Siri, play my radio station.” The channel is then played on your watch by default. Subscribers to Apple Music may take use of a feature called Stations, which allows you to listen to different stations organized according to genre.
Listen With Siri
In addition, Apple now provides a unique voice plan for $4.99 a month, which is only available on iPhones running iOS 15.2 or above, according to Apple. According to this proposal, you must utilize Siri to make requests for music and albums from Apple’s massive catalog. Try to recall a favorite song that isn’t already in your personal music collection. Tell Siri to play something by saying “Hey Siri, play the albumby” or “Hey Siri, play the albumby by” or “Hey Siri, playmusic” or “Hey Siri, play.” As long as the music in question is available on Apple Music, Siri should be able to fulfill your request.
By asking, “Hey Siri, turn off the music,” you may halt the playback.
Apple Music subscribers have the option of syncing their music to iCloud and playing it on an Apple Watch Series 3 or newer, rather than needing to sync each device individually. To get started, go toSettingsMusic on your phone and selectiCloud Music Library from the drop-down menu. You’ll be asked whether you want to keep your music or if you want to remove and replace it. Keep Music is your best choice if you want to avoid disappointment. Another option is to do it through the Apple iTunes store.
TheiCloud Music Libraryoption may be found on theGeneraltab of the application.
Listen to Spotify
Install the Spotify app on your smartwatch and launch it. When you sign up for a free Spotify account, you’ll be presented with a list of recently played songs. Select the playlist or radio station that you wish to listen to. When you get to the player screen, you’ll be able to pause the music, go to the next track, or go back to the previous track. You may also play the music using a Bluetooth device of your own choosing. A paid Spotify Premium membership allows you to listen to any music you want in any sequence, listen without being interrupted by advertisements, and play any song in any order you choose.
Listen to Pandora
You’ll need an Apple Watch Series 3 or newer with watchOS 6 or above, as well as an iPhone with iOS 13 or higher in order to utilize the Pandora app on your Apple Watch. Install the Pandora app on your iPhone or on your watch directly from the watch’s interface. Listen to Pandora on your iPhone while using your watch as a remote control, or listen to Pandora directly from your watch. On the main screen, pick Watch from the Playing from drop-down menu. To begin listening, tapStations and then choose a station from the list.
It is possible to download music to your phone if you are a paying member to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family, as well as other Pandora services. To access your downloaded music in the Watch app, select theDownloadentry from the menu bar.
You’ll need a Watch Series 3 or newer with watchOS 6 or above, as well as an iPhone with iOS 13 or higher, in order to utilize the Pandora app on your Apple Watch. Use your iPhone to download the Pandora app, or use your watch to download it directly. Listen to Pandora on your iPhone while using your watch as a remote control, or listen to Pandora directly from your watch. Select Watch from the Playing from drop-down menu on the home screen. Start listening to a station by tappingStationsand selecting one of them.
To access your downloaded music, open the Watch app and hit theDownloadentry.
Other Third-Party Apps
Other audio applications that you may download and listen to on your watch includeTuneIn Radio,Radio FM, andMusic TV, amongst many more. However, there is a disadvantage to using certain third-party applications. There are several applications that were created primarily for the iPhone and are only partially or completely compatible with the Apple Watch and Bluetooth speakers or headphones. In such instance, the only thing you can do is listen to the music through your iPhone (or connect your iPhone to a Bluetooth speaker as a pass-through to your watch).
Apple Brief/strong> is a weekly email newsletter that delivers the latest news, reviews, tips, and more about Apple.
How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone Offline
Whenever it comes to smartwatches, the Apple Watch always takes the top place on lists of the finest smartwatches, and it is also a popular choice among music enthusiasts. With a plethora of built-in capabilities and excellent substance, Apple consumers, in particular, are increasingly choosing it as their wearables of choice. Apple Watch has ample internal storage capacity for you to store music tracks if you want to listen to them on the go. After all, Spotify compatibility has been added to Apple Watch, allowing all Spotify members to enjoy their favorite music service on their wrist.
In this post, we’ll show you how to obtain Spotify on your Apple Watch, as well as how to download Spotify songs to your Apple Watch for offline listening without the need for a phone, even if you don’t have a Spotify Premium Plan subscription at the time of writing.
- Part 1: Is It Possible to Use Spotify on an Apple Watch? Part 2: Listen to Spotify on your Apple Watch without a Premium subscription
- Part 3: Control Spotify from your Apple Watch with a Premium subscription Part 4: The Most Effective Method for Using Spotify with Apple Watch While Not Connected
- Part 5: Additional Tips for Getting the Most Out of Spotify on the Apple Watch
Part 1. Does Spotify Work on Apple Watch?
Because Apple Watch has established a working connection with Spotify, users who own an Apple Watch will be able to download a Spotify app for their device. Spotify is now compatible with all three models of the Apple Watch. This means that all Spotify subscribers, regardless of whether they have a free or premium account, will be able to listen to Spotify on Apple Watch. Additionally, a new update on May 21, 2021 will allow you to download your favorite playlists, albums, and podcasts to your Apple Watch for a true offline and phone-free experience.
Never mind, continue reading to learn how to install Spotify on an Apple Watch.
Get Spotify app for Apple Watch with the iPhone
1) Open the Watch application on your iPhone. 2) Select the My Watch tab from the drop-down menu. 3)Go to the Available Appssection and look for Spotify. 4)To add Spotify to your watch, select Install from the drop-down menu.
Get Spotify from the App Store on your Apple Watch
1) Press the Digital Crown to bring up the Home screen, and then select the App Store. 2) Use the search bar to find Spotify, or scroll down to download to discover it. 3)ClickSpotifyto view its description, release notes, and other information, then tapGet. In order to download and install Spotify, double-click the side button after it has been instructed to do so. Please ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone have been successfully linked through Bluetooth.
Part 2. Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch without Premium
Spotify is compatible with all Apple Watch models, including the first version. Spotify for Apple Watch allows you to control your Spotify experience from the comfort of your wrist. You can only manage the playback of Spotify on the watch from your iPhone if you’re using a free Spotify account, which is not recommended. Simply make sure that you have the most recent version of Spotify loaded on your phone before you begin. Then, to begin playing on your Apple Watch, just follow the instructions outlined below.
To listen to Spotify on Apple Watch you need:
-Pair your iPhone with your Apple Watch–Download and log into the Spotify app on both your iPhone and Apple Watch–Pair your iPhone with your Apple Watch–
- IPhone running iOS 12 or above is required. Apple Watch with watchOS 4.0 or above
- Apple Watch with GPS
1)Start by turning on your iPhone and opening the Spotify application. 2)Select a piece of music from your collection that you’d want to hear and press “Play.” 3)Once your Apple Watch has been launched, you may begin controlling Spotify music on it.
Part 3. Control Spotify with Apple Watch with Premium
Spotify Premium subscribers who own an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 6.0 or later, as well as those who have a cellular or Wi-Fi connection, are eligible to listen to the service directly from their wrists. Spotify is now allowing users to download playlists, albums, and podcasts to their Apple Watches in order to listen to them later. Follow the methods outlined below to quickly and easily access Spotify tracks on your Apple Watch. You should also be aware of how to download Spotify songs to an Apple Watch.
To stream directly from Apple Watch you need:
Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 6.0 or above is required.
Install the Spotify app on your Apple Watch and sign in with your account– Connect your Apple Watch to a cellular or Wi-Fi network if one is readily accessible.
3.1 How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone
1)Start by turning on your Apple Watch and then opening the Spotify app. 2) Select Your Library from the drop-down menu and browse through Spotify playlists. 3)Click on theDeviceicon and pick Apple Watch from the drop-down menu. 4)Start listening to Spotify directly from your wristband or wristwatch.
3.2 How to Download Spotify Music to Apple Watch
The Spotify app should be launched when your Apple Watch has been powered on. 2) Select Your Library from the menu bar and browse through the Spotify playlists available. Then, pick Apple Watch from the drop-down menu by on theDevice icon. 4)Start listening to Spotify directly from your wristband or wristwatches.
Part 4. Best Method to Enjoy Spotify Offline Apple Watch
Spotify for Apple Watch allows you to disconnect from your phone while remaining connected to your music collection. Premium customers may now download songs from the service. To stream music straight from your Apple Watch, you must be a subscriber to any Premium Plan on Spotify, which may be purchased separately. So, is it feasible to use Spotify offline on the Apple Watch without having to pay for a Premium subscription? The answer is yes, and you will want a Spotify music downloader to complete your task.
However, using a third-party program such as Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter, you may download and convert Spotify music to Apple Watch-compatible formats such as MP3 or AAC without any difficulty.
Please have a look at our excellent method for downloading Spotify songs to your Apple Watch for offline listening.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, and albums with no need for a paid subscription
- Convert Spotify songs to various audio formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, and others. Music songs from Spotify should retain their lossless audio quality and ID3 tags. Reduce the amount of advertisements and DRM protection on Spotify music by 5 times with 5x the speed.
4.1 How to Download Music from Spotify via Tunelf
Download playlists, songs, and albums from Spotify with free accounts; Convert Spotify songs to various audio formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, and WMA. Conserve the lossless audio quality and ID3 tags of Spotify music songs; and Take 5x the time to remove advertisements and DRM protection from Spotify music;
Step 1Add Spotify Music to Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
As soon as you launch Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter on your computer, the Spotify application will be instantly loaded. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to sign in with your Spotify credentials and browse to your Spotify library. You may now choose Spotify tracks that you wish to listen to on your Apple Watch and drag them into the Tunelf interface using the drop-and-drag feature.
Step 2Set the output Spotify track audio format and parameter
After you’ve imported your Spotify tracks into the Tunelf interface, you can use the MenuPreferenceConvert button to customize the output audio parameters for the Spotify music you’ve imported. It is necessary to select MP3 or AAC as the output audio format. In addition, you have the option of adjusting the bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3Begin to download and convert Spotify music to MP3
When you’ve finished configuring your Spotify account, you can click the Convert button to begin downloading music from the service.
Wait a few minutes, and the Tunelf program will download all of the Spotify tracks to your PC. The Converted button, which appears after downloading, allows you to browse through all of the converted Spotify tracks in the converted list.
4.2 How to Transfer Spotify Music Tracks to Apple Watch
When you’re out for a jog, you can now sync Spotify music to your Apple Watch so that you may listen to it while on the move. To transfer Spotify playlists to your Apple Watch, just follow the procedures outlined below. Step 1: Sync the Spotify music from your PC to your iPhone using the iTunes sync feature. First and foremost, if you want to listen to Spotify music on your Apple Watch, you must sync Spotify music from your computer to your iPhone. You may add Spotify music to your iTunes Library by importing it from your computer.
- The second step is to connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Check to see that your iPhone is within range of your watch’s Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, since you will not be able to add Spotify from your iPhone to your Apple Watch unless Bluetooth is enabled.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then select the My Watch option from the drop-down menu.
- Then hit + to begin the transfer.
- After synchronizing, you will be able to discover Spotify music tracks on your Apple Watch and simply play Spotify music on your Apple Watch without having to connect to your iPhone, even when you are not connected to the internet.
4.3 Video Demo: Download Spotify Playlist to Apple Watch
How to get Spotify music using the Tunelf app and then import it into the watch is demonstrated in this video. Simply watching it will allow you to access the phoneless and offline playback.
Part 5. Spotify on Apple Watch: Supported Features
Video showing how to get Spotify music using the Tunelf app and then import it into a smartwatch is available below. It’s as simple as watching it to receive the phone-free and offline playback.
The offline listening feature for Spotify for Apple Watch will be available to all Premium subscribers worldwide in the near future. Premium subscribers can not only stream Spotify music directly from their Apple Watches, but can also download playlists and podcasts to listen to while they are not connected to the internet. You may use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter for free if you have a free Tunelf account.
7 Ways to Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
Soon, all Premium customers will be able to listen to Spotify on their Apple Watches when they are offline. It is possible to download playlists and podcasts for offline listening if you have a Premium subscription, in addition to streaming Spotify music directly from your Apple Watch. You may use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter for free if you have a free account.
Music streaming service Apple Music, which is hailed as one of the most popular in the world, is a must-have music app for Apple Watch customers, with single-user subscriptions beginning at $9/month. From the get-go, Apple Music features one of the most aesthetically pleasing and responsive music streaming interfaces of all of the services in our list. The Apple Watch’s digital crown may be used to manage a variety of functions, including play/pause, track skipping, rewinding, and volume adjustments.
Song, artist, and custom playlists may be retrieved from the watch face either by asking Siri to do so or by manually selecting items from the watch face.
The LTE-powered Apple Watch can stream music without the need to be associated with a mobile device, allowing you to leave your iPhone at home when trail-running, for example.
Apple Music also offers as one of the most convenient methods to connect your existing iPhone music collection with the Apple Watch, thanks to its one-click sync feature.
By connecting the Apple Watch to your iPhone, you can also automatically sync your favorite Apple weekly playlists, such as New Music, Chill Mix, Favorites Mix, and Heavy Rotation – a curated collection of your most-listened-to songs, albums, and artists.
Andy Boxall is a contributor at Digital Trends. Spotify, which competes with Apple Music for the top spot in the music streaming market, is another excellent choice for Apple Watch owners, owing to the support provided for both the free and subscription versions of the app. Spotify Premium subscribers get access to additional features such as play/pause, skip through and rewind, as well as the ability to view their most recently played songs, artists, and playlists. There’s also built-in compatibility for the Siri voice assistant.
Additionally, Spotify allows Apple Watch wearers to become completely mobile by using the Spotify app.
Previously, even premium Spotify customers were forced to have an iPhone connected in order to listen to any type of music streaming.
A free Spotify account still grants you access to play/pause, track skipping, and output settings through Spotify Connect, but upgrading to the $9/month Premium tier grants you access to additional listening features as well as the freedom to leave your phone at home.
NurPhoto courtesy of Getty Images Pandorahas been around for a long time, which makes it a no-brainer for Apple Watch users looking for music streaming options. The Apple Watch Series 3 with watchOS 6 or above, as well as a paid Pandora membership and an iPhone with iOS 13 or higher, are required in order to take benefit of the app’s full range of functions. Pandora, like Spotify, offers a free listening tier, but it comes with a number of restrictions on how you may listen to the music, including advertisements.
The ten most recent songs, artists, or playlists are displayed for Premium subscribers.
Controls include a play/pause button and a volume ring, as well as the option to swipe right to select the offline material you want to listen to (as outlined above).
Pandora is a solid music app for the Apple Watch, even if it is not as comprehensive as Apple Music or Spotify in terms of content.
You’ll need to be a paying member to Deezer in order to take use of the full range of music streaming features available on the Apple Watch. Members may upgrade to a premium subscription for $10 per month, which adds offline listening (a linked iPhone is required) and the option to download tunes directly to your Apple Watch. Please keep in mind that in order to use the Deezer app at all, you’ll need to own an Apple Watch Series 3 and an iOS smartphone running iOS 6 or above. For paid subscribers, music listening is divided into four categories on the watch face: Flow (an automated Deezer playlist based on your listening habits), My Music (select from your favorite songs, artists, albums, and podcasts), Favorite Tracks, and the track that was most recently listened to.
Other controls include play/pause, track skipping, rewinding, shuffle, and repeat. The Apple Watch may access services like Apple Music and Spotify through stand-alone apps; however, Deezer must be downloaded and started through your associated mobile device.
Tidali is one of the most popular places for high-quality digital streaming, and it is also a fantastic Apple Watch service. Tidal customers can take their favorite tunes, artists, and playlists practically everywhere they go thanks to the service’s affordable $9/month subscriptions and completely untethered listening (no linked device necessary). Similar to Spotify, offline listening is restricted to 96Kbps, which isn’t really amazing for a service that is known for its lossless playback and high-resolution streaming.
For the time being, the Tidal app does not support Siri.
The iHeart Radio Apple Watch app, which will be available in 2020, will bring all of your favorite tunes, albums, and radio stations together in one place. Users can search for music, listen to recently played tracks, and manage what’s playing on their watch face using play/pause, track skipping, and other features, all without having to take their iPhone out of their pocket. You will have the additional benefit of adding songs to your “favorite” playlist if you subscribe to iHeartRadio Plus ($5/month) or All Access ($13/month), which are both premium memberships.
Your synced library
In addition, you may utilize Apple Music to transfer your existing iCloud music collection to your Apple Watch over a wireless connection. The songs you choose will be saved in the Music app on the Apple Watch’s home screen when they have been linked. To sync your collection, take your iPhone and go to Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library. Toggle the option for the iCloud Music Library on. To use this music-listening feature, you’ll need to own an Apple Watch Series 3 in order for it to function.
- Total cookie protection for Android is now available with Firefox Focus
- In which tablet should you invest your money in the year 2022? When will my phone be updated to Android 12? Best Garmin watches for the year 2022
- Gmail app has received 10 billion downloads from the Google Play Store and now owns a 53 percent share of the U.S. email market.
Spotify is rolling out the ability to stream music from your Apple Watch without an iPhone nearby
Spotify has confirmed to The Verge that it will be bringing out the option to stream music directly from your Apple Watch in the near future. As a remote control for Spotify music playing on an iPhone or other Spotify Connect-compatible device since the app’s introduction in 2018, the Apple Watch has mostly served this purpose. However, once the new function is made available to you, you’ll be able to stream music from Spotify on your Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers even when you’re not in close proximity to your phone.
To begin, go to the music player screen and select the devices menu from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
The app will then offer you to choose from a Bluetooth device connected to your Apple Watch, such as your AirPods or a Bluetooth speaker that is nearby, if you choose to do so.
According to a Spotify support article, in order to use the streaming function, you must have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later, watchOS 6.0 or later, a cellular or Wi-Fi connection, and the most recent version of the Spotify app on your smartphone.
Not only has streaming been introduced to Spotify’s Apple Watch app, but the firm has also just added the option to ask Siri to play music through the Apple Watch.
How to play music from your Apple Watch on speakers and wireless headphones
AppleInsider is supported by its readers, and as an Amazon Associate and associate partner, AppleInsider may receive commissions on qualifying purchases. Our editorial content is not influenced by our affiliate partnerships in any way. To hear music on the Apple Watch at all, you must stream it from the device to which it is being streamed. However, Apple makes the process difficult with mislabeled options and displays that perform multiple functions depending on how you access them. Here’s how to listen to music from sources other than Apple Music, such as Spotify, and play it through speakers.
- AirPods and Bluetooth speakers can play the music from your Watch with a few touches, however the HomePod and any other AirPlay devices will not work with this feature.
- That’s regrettable, but it’s reasonable given the circumstances.
- As a result, the AirPlay icon appears on the button that you click to broadcast music from the Watch to another device.
- You can access it by swiping up from the bottom of your Watch face and selecting Control Center from the menu.
- It’s the same list as before.
- In this particular instance, it’s as if you’re required to purchase a large number of Apple gadgets while simultaneously only using them in a limited number of ways.
- Then here are the few other audio sources that may be played back through your Watch.
Speaker for yourself
In order to communicate audio from your Watch to another device, start by playing the audio on your Watch. In contrast to pushing Play on any other Apple device, pressing Play on the Apple Watch’s Music app will not initiate any audio playback. It will not cause any inconvenience to anyone in your immediate vicinity. Instead, it will immediately bring up the Watch’s screen, allowing you to select where you want the audio to play from the drop-down menu. If you have AirPods, they will be the default option if you have them, but when you arrive to this page from playing music, there will also be aConnect a Devicebutton.
If so, they will be displayed, and you may pick them by tapping once more. If they are AirPlay speakers, such as the Apple HomePod, they will simply not be displayed.
Alternatives to Apple Music
Apple has done an excellent job of blurring the borders between what you stream via Apple Music and what you previously purchased through iTunes. The approach we mentioned for getting Apple Music, on the other hand, is compatible with iTunes as well. Consequently, you may fill your Watch with as much music as you can possibly put on it without having to worry about where the music is coming from. Spotify can be controlled from your Apple Watch, but it cannot be played from it. However, there are comprehensive options, such as usingSpotify orPandora, to consider.
- Open the Apple Watch application on your iPhone and navigate to theMy Watchsection.
- The difference is that with Spotify, you are mostly controlling your iPhone rather than playing music through the Watch.
- As an alternative, Pandora now offers the possibility to download music directly to the Watch.
- Nevertheless, once you have it, you may use it to construct a playlist that will be kept on your Apple Watch.
- Apple Music, on the other hand, takes a step further in allowing you to do just that.
- Then, on the list of alternatives that displays, scroll down until you reach the final option, Workout Playlist, which is the last one on the list.
- Tap on one, and from now on, every time you begin a workout, the music associated with that session will begin.
The Workout Playlist function on the Apple Watch is presently the closest thing you can come to automation on the device right now. It’s not as if we expect the Apple Watch to have the powers of a Mac or an iPhone, but both the Apple Watch and the HomePod are far less capable than you might anticipate. It would be wonderful to skip the hassle of tinkering with external speakers and simply have the Watch recognize that you are at work and so want to utilize your AirPods. Alternatively, you may be at home and wish to make use of your Bluetooth speakers.
If the gadget is HomeKit-compatible and connected to your Wi-Fi network, you may say “Hey, Siri, turn on the office heater,” and it will work if it is.
Basically, we’d like to be able to set up a Siri Shortcut so that when we tell our Watches to play BBC Radio 4, it would automatically load the station and transmit it to our HomePod.
It is, or at least it is most of the time.
It’s easy to say that Apple shouldn’t be so complicated when, in reality, it’s quite difficult to create anything that is straightforward. However, this time it appears to be overly complicated.
How to add and play music on the Apple Watch: Stream from Apple Music or Spotify
The Apple Watchhas the capability of streaming music directly to a set of Bluetooth headphones from the wrist, regardless of whether you are an Apple Music or Spotify subscriber, according to Apple. There are actually quite a few steps involved in playing music on the Apple Watch, even with the ability to do so while online or off from the internet. It’s simple to sync playlists between devices if you have an iTunes library, but streaming services are preferable since they allow you to access playlists in a matter of minutes rather than minutes and minutes.
Detailed instructions on how to put music on your Apple Watch, including instructions on how to add music, how to connect headphones, and which Apple Watch models allow you to stream music while offline, are provided in this article.
How to use Apple Music on Apple Watch
To get started, open the Apple Music app on your iPhone and press “Play.” Here, we won’t go into detail about the app’s features and functionality, but you can browse through a collection of more than 30 million tunes and curated playlists. In the event that you do not have a membership to Apple Music, you may still utilize regular MP3s; however, you must first ensure that they appear in the Music app by using iTunes.
2. Open the Watch app on iPhone
Navigate to the Music tab in the Watch app on your iPhone by selecting it from the home screen. TapAdd music, and you’ll be sent to Apple Music, where you may search for music by artists, albums, genres, or playlists, among other options. Previously, music had to be included in a playlist, but now you may include whatever you want. Simply browse and press to add items to your cart.
3. Sync music to Apple Watch
If you put your Apple Watch on its charging cradle, the music will only be transmitted to your iPhone. The playlist will be marked as ‘updating’ until it has finished, at which point it will be marked as’synced.’ You can create as many playlists as you like, but once you reach the limit of available storage, they will no longer be uploaded.
How to use Spotify on Apple Watch
After years of workarounds and trouble, the Spotify app for the Apple Watch is now here. However, while it is far from flawless and lacks capabilities like as offline listening and streaming via a mobile network, you can still get the essentials on your wrist by following the methods shown below.
1. Install the Apple Watch Spotify app
In order for this feature to work for both Spotify Free and Spotify Premium users, you must first ensure that you have the Spotify smartphone app loaded and that you are logged into your account. You can accomplish this on your wrist by opening the Watch app on your iPhone and searching for ‘Spotify’ under the App Store menu. Once you have downloaded Spotify, you can open it on your Apple Watch.
2. Add and play music from Apple Watch Spotify app
It is possible to add songs to your collection directly from within the app. When you tap on the clearly displayed heart, the tune will be automatically added to your music collection. To access it, simply navigate to the Songslist in your Spotify collection on your iPhone. A swipe to the left will also show you the music that has been recently played throughout your whole Spotify account. From here, you may navigate through albums and playlists by scrolling with your finger or using the digital crown.
You can only choose recent items, and you can’t select songs within those things – although you may skip – or set the playlist to shuffle using the toggle at the top of the screen. You can, however, set the playlist to shuffle using the toggle at the top of the screen.
Music on Apple Watch without iPhone
In the unfortunate event that you have a Spotify subscription, you will be unable to listen to music through the service if you are offline or dependent on the Watch’s cellular connection. If, on the other hand, you have Apple Music and the appropriate Apple Watch model, the situation is much different.
What you’ll need to play music without a phone
- The following items are required: a Series 3 or Series 4 Apple Watch with LTE, a current data limit, and an Apple Music membership (which will allow you to begin streaming music on your watch)
- Alternatively, any Apple Watch in conjunction with the Apple Music app (which will allow you to download your own music on your watch)
Putting that into context, while synchronizing to any version of the Watch through Apple Music, the device’s internal storage will be utilized in order for you to be able to play tunes without the assistance of your phone. If you’re not connected to the internet, you won’t be able to search for new music or playlists; instead, you’ll be limited to the content already downloaded to your Watch. It’s understandable that keeping things up to date all of the time might be a headache. That’s why cellular connectivity is so useful when you want to search for and play music that hasn’t already been downloaded into the Watch.
Connect Bluetooth headphones to Apple Watch
When connecting headphones to your Apple Watch for the first time, be sure to follow the steps below to ensure that they are properly paired:
1. Put your headphones in pairing mode
This might be done by pressing and holding the pairing button on your headphones, like with Apple’s AirPods (although the Apple Watch should recognize them anyway), or by using whatever method your headphones’ manufacturer of choice has provided to activate pairing mode on their headphones.
2. Go to Bluetooth settings on your Apple Watch
On your Apple Watch, select the settings gear app icon, then choose theBluetoothoption to view a list of the devices that are currently connected.
3. Select your headphones and wait for them to pair
Tap on the headphones with which you’d like to connect them, and they should appear in a short while. When the headphones are switched on and within range of your Apple Watch, it should identify them and pair with them from that point on. It’s need to force the problem if music begins blasting out of your iPhone instead of simply tapping and holding on the watch screen and selecting Bluetooth playback to transmit it to your headphones in order to get it to work.
How to add music and other audio to your Apple Watch and listen to it from the watch
- If you have an AppleWatch, it has the capability of storing music and podcasts, allowing you to enjoy your favorite tracks without the need to use your iPhone. When you have your iPhone close by, you may also play any music or podcast that is saved on the device. The AppleWatch itself has a storage restriction of 2 GB for music, so you’ll have to be picky about the songs you want to listen to. Because theAppleWatch does not have a headphone jack connector, you’ll need to use a pair of wireless headphones in conjunction with it. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
One of the most useful aspects of theApple Watchis the ability to listen to music while on the road without having to carry around your phone or other electronic device. You can still listen to your favorite musicians through your watch, whether you’re out for a run and need to be hands-free, or your phone has died and you have an urgent need to rock out. Nothing more complicated than streaming tunes from a nearby phone or downloading them right to your AppleWatch. However, be forewarned: Apple Watch music storage is restricted to 2 GB, so you may need to delete certain tracks or playlists before you can add new ones.
Apple even removes an episode from your library after you’ve finished listening to it, in order to free up some of that valuable storage space.
Simply follow the instructions outlined below. However, before you begin configuring your music and other devices, you need get a pair of wireless headphones. In order to fit your typical pair of headphones, theApple Watch does not include an aheadphone jack.
How to download music to your Apple Watch
On your Apple Watch, you may listen to music in two different ways. To listen to the music, either stream them straight from your nearby iPhone or download a preset number of tracks onto your watch and listen while without carrying your iPhone about with you is an option. 1st, place your Apple Watch on its charger and plug the charger into a power source. 2.Open the Watch application on your iPhone. If you are unable to locate it, you may search for it by swiping right on the home screen. 3.Scroll down the “MyWatch” screen until you reach the “Music” option.
source Photograph by Christine Kopaczewski for Business Insider 4.
There are two alternatives:
- You may add certain playlists and albums to your watch by selecting them from a list. The “HeavyRotation” option allows you to pick whether or not Apple should automatically add and delete songs according on what you’re currently listening to on your iPhone.
5.If you want Apple to pick the music for you, make sure that the “Heavy Rotation” function is enabled – the switch will be green. If you wish to manually pick music, go to “PlaylistsAlbums” and click on the “+ Add Music” button. Then make your selections. Photo: Enable the “Heavy Rotation” function, or press “+ Add Music” to add more music to the video. source Photograph by Christine Kopaczewski for Business Insider 6.When your Apple Watch is connected to power and close to your iPhone, your music will sync to your Apple Watch.
How to listen to music on your Apple Watch
1.Open the Music app on your AppleWatch and listen to some music. Photo: Launch the Music application. source Christine Kopazcewski/Bureau of Business and Industry 2.You will now be able to navigate through the music that is saved on your Apple Watch and select a song to play. The option to shuffle all tracks on the Apple Watch will be displayed if you scroll all the way to the very top of the screen. Alternatively, if you have your iPhone handy, you’ll be able to select “On iPhone” to browse and play music from your iPhone.
- source Photograph by Christine Kopaczewski for Business Insider Following the selection of your music, the Apple Watch will prompt you to link a set of Bluetooth headphones in order to hear the audio.
- source Photograph by Christine Kopazcewski for Business Insider 4.At this point, you will be able to listen to your music.
- Photo: To manage your music, use the on-screen controls or the crown on your wristwatch.
- Apple Watch users may select whether or not to erase a music from their device by tapping the three dots in the bottom right corner of the watch face.
How to download podcasts to your Apple Watch
There are two methods to listen to podcasts on your Apple Watch, just as there are two ways to listen to music on your Apple Watch. You may either keep your phone close by and listen to any episodes that have been saved on it, or you can download a specific amount of episodes directly onto your watch from your phone. 1st, place your Apple Watch on its charger and plug the charger into a power source. 2.Start the Watch application on your iPhone. Then, on the “MyWatch” menu, go to the bottom and select “Podcasts.” Photo: On the Watch app, select the “Podcasts” tab from the “My Watch” section.
source Christine Kopaczewski/Business Insider4 has contributed to this article. If you want to store podcasts to your Apple Watch, you’ll discover two options on this page. The first is to choose the podcasts you want to save:
- You can choose to have all of your new episodes in your “Listen Now” section automaticallydownloaded onto yourApple Watch
- You can also manually select which shows to sync and Apple will attempt to add threeepisodes from each show onto yourApple Watch (this will depend on your available storage)
- And you can manually select which shows to sync and Apple will attempt to add threeepisodes from each show onto yourApple Watch (this will depend on your available storage).
Choosing “Listen Now” or adding shows from your preferred podcasts is an option. source Christine Kopaczewski/Business Insider5 has contributed to this article. When your Apple Watch is connected to power and in close proximity to your iPhone, your podcasts will instantly sync. Once you’ve finished listening to a podcast, it will be deleted from your watch’s storage to free up some space.
How to listen to podcasts on your Apple Watch
To begin, launch the Podcasts app on your AppleWatch. Photo: Open the Podcasts application.source Photograph by Christine Kopaczewski for Business Insider 2.You will now be able to see all of the episodes that have been stored on your Apple Watch. It is possible to choose one to play or, if your iPhone is close, you may scroll all the way to the top and choose “On iPhone” to stream an episode directly from your device. Photo: You may choose to play podcasts from either your Apple Watch’s or your iPhone’s library.
4.You may use the on-screen controls to pause, skip forward 30 seconds, and back 15 seconds, as well as to adjust the volume with the crown of your hand.
Photo: Use the on-screen buttons on your watch to navigate through a podcast.