How do you delete songs from Apple Music?
- Delete individual songs from the app. The steps to delete some songs from inside the Apple Music app are: Open the Apple Music app from the home screen. Browse and find the song you want to delete. 3D touch the song to bring up options. Click on delete from library. Confirm delete when prompted.
- 1 How do I remove a song from a playlist?
- 2 How do you delete a song from a playlist without deleting it on Apple music?
- 3 How do you delete songs from a playlist on Apple Music 2021?
- 4 How do you delete songs from Apple playlist on iPhone?
- 5 How do I edit a playlist in Apple Music?
- 6 How do I remove songs from playlist not library?
- 7 Why can’t I delete songs on Apple music?
- 8 How to Delete a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music
- 9 Remove a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music on an iPhone
- 10 2 Ways to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists on Phone/Computer
- 11 Features of Apple Music: Everything You Should Know
- 12 How to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists in Apple Music App
- 13 How to Remove Song from Apple Music Playlist with Settings App
- 14 Tips of Removing Songs from Apple Music Library
- 15 ConclusionSuggestion
- 16 How to delete songs from Apple Music on desktop or mobile
- 17 How to delete songs from Apple Music on a Mac
- 18 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 19 How to Delete Songs from Apple Music (Ultimate Guide)
- 20 How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
- 21 How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
- 22 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
- 23 How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
- 24 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- 25 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
- 26 How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
- 27 Additional FAQs
- 28 Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
- 29 How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
- 30 How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
- 31 How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- 32 How to Edit a Music Playlist:
- 33 How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- 34 How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes in 4 Ways – iMobie
- 35 Method 1. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Settings
- 36 Method 2. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Music App
- 37 Method 3.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia iTunes
- 38 Method 4.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia AnyTrans
- 39 The Bottom Line
- 40 How to Delete a Playlist from Your iPhone
- 41 How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
- 42 How to Delete a Playlist on YouTube Music
- 43 How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
- 44 remove all songs from iPhone that aren’t in any playlists via iTunes
- 45 How to Remove Downloaded Apple Music Songs to Free Up Storage Space
- 46 Popular Stories
- 46.1 Apple’s Polishing Cloth is Finally Back in Stock
- 46.2 Hands-On With LG’s 32-Inch UltraFine OLED Pro Display
- 46.3 Clones of Popular ‘Wordle’ Game Flooding App Store, Including One Charging $30 Per Year
- 46.4 iPhone 14 Pro Now Rumored to Feature Both Pill-Shaped and Circular Cutouts
- 46.5 Kuo: Apple Headset Will Use Same 96W Power Adapter as 14-Inch MacBook Pro
- 46.6 iPhone 14 Pro Again Rumored to Feature Upgraded 48-Megapixel Camera
- 46.7 Apple Outlines $30M Bag Check Lawsuit Settlement on Legal Website
- 47 Is Your iTunes Library a Mess? Here’s How to Clean It Up
- 48 Selecting Songs to Delete in iTunes
- 49 Choose Among Options for Deleting Songs
- 50 Deleting Songs from iTunes Playlists
- 51 What Happens to Your iPhone When You Delete Songs
How do I remove a song from a playlist?
Navigate to the playlist — from your homescreen, from the sidebar, or by searching for it — that you want to delete a song from.
- Click on the three dots next to the song you want to remove to open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Remove from this Playlist.”
How do you delete a song from a playlist without deleting it on Apple music?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Right-click the name of the playlist in the sidebar and click Delete from Library. The list is removed, the tracks referenced by it stay put.
How do you delete songs from a playlist on Apple Music 2021?
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
- Launch Apple Music and select “Playlists.”
- Tap and hold on the playlist you want to remove.
- Press “Remove…” from the pop-up options.
- Select “Remove Downloads” to remove just the playlist from your device.
How do you delete songs from Apple playlist on iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android, press and hold the song or playlist. Step 3. A pop-up menu will be opened containing several options like Play Next, Add to a Playlist, Remove Download, Add to Up Next, and so on. Choose Remove or Remove Download to delete song from Apple Music playlist.
How do I edit a playlist in Apple Music?
Edit a playlist you created on iPhone, tap Edit, then do any of the following: Add more songs: Tap Add Music, then choose music. You can also touch and hold an item (song, album, playlist, or music video), tap Add to a Playlist, then choose a playlist., then tap Delete.
How do I remove songs from playlist not library?
To delete an item from a playlist, select the playlist in the Source pane and then select the item. Press Delete/Backspace or choose Edit→Delete. In the warning dialog that appears, click Remove to remove the selected item from the list.
Why can’t I delete songs on Apple music?
It explains how to delete songs, how to add purchased items back to your library, and how to check for hidden purchases. If this does not resolve the issue, try turning off iCloud Music Library, restarting your iOS device, and then enabling it again to refresh your iCloud Music Library.
How to Delete a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music
A sharp eye for news, rumors, and all the weird stuff that happens around Apple goods is what Jignesh Padhiyar brings to iGeeksBlog.com, where he is a co-founder. Even with a hectic schedule, Jignesh finds time to post amusing stuff on social media when he has some free time.
Remove a Song from a Playlist in Apple Music on an iPhone
It was written on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.4 to create the steps in this guide. It is important to note that you must have iOS 8.4 or above installed in order to utilize Apple Music. You can learn more about changing the operating system on your iPhone by visiting this page. Please keep in mind that if you have the same music in many playlists, it will not be removed from any of them. You will need to repeat these procedures in order to remove it from the other playlists as well.
- Step 1: Launch the Music application
- Step 2: Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the My Music option. Third, tap thePlayliststab at the top of the screen
- And finally, tap OK. Step 4: Choose the playlist that contains the music that you desire to remove from the playlist. Fifth, locate the song from the playlist that you want to remove and press the symbol with three dots to the right of that song
- Step 6: Select the Remove from Playlist option from the drop-down menu.
Did you sign up for a free trial of Apple Music but aren’t sure if you want to keep using the service after the trial period ended? Apple Music users may discover how to turn off the automatic subscription renewal option by visiting this page. This will prevent you from being charged when your Apple Music membership is about to expire. Since 2008, Matthew Burleigh has been authoring technical lessons for a variety of platforms. His material has featured on dozens of various websites and has been seen more than 50 million times in total.
However, he now devotes his time exclusively to generating articles for the internet and developing websites.
Disclaimer: Most websites on the internet, including this one, include affiliate links, some of which are visible on this page.
2 Ways to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists on Phone/Computer
Apple Music has expanded considerably since its inception in 2015. This has occurred over the course of several years. This is demonstrated by the large number of songs available and the millions of people who have registered on the site. It is Apple Music’s focus on hand-picked material that encourages you to store as many tunes and playlists as you can to your device. After that, we’ll talk about the necessity of periodically deleting music from your Apple Music library. The old music, of course, fade away with time as you incorporate your freshly discovered, up-to-date, and trendy tracks.
Find out how to delete music from your Apple Music collection that you no longer require by following these steps.
Features of Apple Music: Everything You Should Know
Here are some Apple Music features that you should be familiar with in order to get the most out of Apple Music and to utilize it more effectively.
This might be the quickest and most convenient method to play the music you enjoy while also discovering new music that you may be interested in.
When you tap it, you’ll get Top Picks, Recently Played, and other recommendations based on your listening history.
Apple Music 1 (Beats 1)
It is one of the most widely listened-to radio stations on the planet, and it provides its listeners with in-depth artist interviews, worldwide exclusives, and premieres, among other things. This feature allows you to stay up to date on the newest breaking news as well as other programming features.
In-depth artist interviews, worldwide exclusives, and premieres are all shared with its listeners, making it one of the most listened-to radio stations on the planet. It allows you to stay up to date on the newest breaking news as well as other programming features.
The Music app will notify you whenever one of your favorite artists releases a new single, and these alerts will show at the top of the Library page in the app. This is perhaps the most effective method of staying on top of the most popular music genres at all times.
Apple Music gives you the freedom to listen to any type of music and see the most popular music videos on the internet. You may also view playlists of music videos that have been curated.
How to Delete Apple Music Songs/Playlists in Apple Music App
You may remove Apple Music tracks using the Apple Music app, which is available on iOS devices, Android smartphones, Mac computers, and Windows computers. Step 1: Navigate to the Music application and start it. To access your complete music library, navigate to theMy Musictab in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The library may be found at the bottom-left corner of your screen, to the right of the search bar. Artists, genres, playlists, and songs are some of the categories that may be used to organize this information.
- If you see a Download symbol next to a music, it implies that you have saved it to your iCloud account.
- To play a song or playlist on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android device, press and hold the song or playlist button.
- To remove a song from your Apple Music playlist, select Remove or Remove Download from the drop-down menu.
- This option is only available on iOS devices.
How to Remove Song from Apple Music Playlist with Settings App
If you want to delete a song from your Apple playlist on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may do so using the Settings app. Take the following actions. Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iOS device and configure your preferences. Step 2. Select GeneraliPhone Storage or iPad StorageMusic from the drop-down menu. Step 3.To delete an artist, album, or song, swipe left on the item you want to delete. Alternatively, you may swipe left on theAll Songsoption to erase them altogether.
Tips of Removing Songs from Apple Music Library
Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch’s Settings app may be used to delete a song from its Apple playlist. To complete this task, follow the instructions below. On your iOS device, open the Settings application.
To access your iPhone or iPad music storage, navigate to GeneraliPhone Storage or iPad StorageMusic. Remove an artist, album, or song from your playlist by swiping left on it. Otherwise, you may erase all of the songs by selecting All Songs and swiping left.
This means that your Apple Music library has the potential to store a significant amount of data. It may, however, become overburdened with music that you no longer require at some points. It is possible to remove Apple Music tracks from your library in such a situation. There are a couple of reasons for this: one is to free up space so that you can store other critical material, and the other is to organize your library. Whatever your reason for deleting your data, it is critical that you create a backup of your information before proceeding with the deletion procedure.
The fact that you have backed up your music does not imply that you have to recover them again.
If you cancel your Apple Music membership, you will lose access to all of your previously purchased items.
Viwizard employs cookies to guarantee that you get the best possible experience when visiting our website.
How to delete songs from Apple Music on desktop or mobile
- If you no longer wish to have a song in your Apple Music library, you may quickly erase it from your Apple device’s iTunes library. In the case of a song removed from your iPhone, it will not be removed from your Apple Music collection on your other Apple devices. If you change your mind about the music in the future, you can always download them again. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Perhaps you downloaded LFO’s “Summer Girls” as a result of a misplaced nostalgia trip. Perhaps you’ve grown bored of hearing U2’s “The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)” play every time your phone syncs with your car’s radio. Whatever the cause, fortunately, you can simply remove music from Apple Music in three simple steps on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac by following these instructions. Here’s how you go about it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to the song or album you want to remove from your library. 2.Press and hold the cover or title of the song or album until a pop-up menu appears on the screen. Alternatively, you may select “Remove” or “Erase Download” to only remove the local download, or “Delete from Library” to completely remove it from your computer. The option to remove music from your iPhone without removing them from your Apple Music collection is available to you.
How to delete songs from Apple Music on a Mac
Opening the Apple Music app on your Mac and placing your cursor over the song or album that you want to remove will do this. 2.Hover your cursor over the three horizontal dots to see the More menu. 3.Click “Remove” or “Remove Download,” or “Delete from Library,” and then confirm your action by clicking “Yes.”
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Steven John is an independent writer. Steven John is a freelance writer who lives in New York City after spending 12 years in Los Angeles, four years in Boston, and the first 18 years in the Washington, DC, area. Whenever he isn’t writing or spending time with his wife and children, he may be found climbing mountains in the surrounding area.
His writing may be found all over the internet, and his books can be purchased here. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music (Ultimate Guide)
Apple Music allows you to add a song to your collection as well as download it to your computer for later listening while offline. Whenever you wish to remove a song from your library, you have two choices: Remove and Delete from Library. Both of these items are distinct from one another. One can uninstall a downloaded music in order to free up space on the computer. Other removes the song from your music collection once it has been added. Please let us know more and we will go over the next stages.
- It is possible to delete downloaded music from Apple Music
- However, it is not possible to remove songs from the Apple Music Library.
How to Delete Downloaded Music from Apple Music
You enjoy a song on Apple Music, so you download it. When you click on the plus (+) symbol, the music is automatically added to your Library. You may now access it through the Songs section and play it using cellular data or Wi-Fi. Alternatively, you can download this music for offline listening by selecting the download icon from the drop-down menu. You may also select automatic download, which will store every music you add to your Library to your computer’s hard drive after it has been added.
So let’s have a look at how to get rid of them.
- What is the best way to delete a single song on an iPhone or iPad? How to Delete a Group of Downloaded Songs or All of Them from the Settings App
- Instructions on how to delete songs from Apple Music on an Android device
- Tips & Tricks for Deleting Songs from Apple Music on the Mac and Windows PC
How to Delete Individual Song on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Remove a song by selecting it and pressing the Remove button. Finally, click on the Remove Download button.
Let’s have a look at how to erase all or a group of tracks at the same time.
How to Delete Multiple or All Downloaded Songs from Settings App
- Launch the iPhoneSettings application
- Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping on it. Select Downloaded Music from the drop-down menu. When viewing All Songs or specific artists, swipe right to left. After that, select Delete or Edit from the drop-down menu. After that, click on the minus icon and then click on Delete
As a result of Steps 1 and 2, the song is no longer available for download. You will not be able to listen to it offline at this time. The track, on the other hand, remains in your Apple Music Library and may still be played back. The download icon may be accessed at any moment should you desire to redownload it.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Android
- Open theApple Musicapp and choose Library, Downloaded Music, and Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song and select Remove
- Select REMOVE DOWNLOAD from the drop-down menu.
Redownloading the music is as simple as going toLibrarySongs and clicking on thedownloadbutton next to this song.
How to Delete Songs from Apple Music on Mac and Windows PC
On a Mac running macOS Catalina, you must utilize the Music app to listen to music (as iTunes is no longer available). You’ll have to utilize iTunes if you’re using an older Mac or Windows PC. The remaining stages are nearly identical.
- Open the music application oriTunes
- From the left-hand sidebar, choose Songs. To see all of the music you’ve downloaded in one place, click on the tiny cloud symbol next to Name. Songs that have been downloaded do not have a download icon next to them
- Instead, right-click on a song. Remove the downloaded file by clicking on it.
MusicApp oriTunes should be launched. Songs may be found on the left sidebar by clicking on the word. For a consolidated view of all downloaded tracks, click on the tiny cloud symbol next to the song’s title (name). If a music has been downloaded, there is no download icon next to it. To download a song, right-click on it. Remove the downloaded file by clicking on the button.
How to Remove Songs from Apple Music Library
The process of deleting a song is different from the process of uninstalling a downloaded song. You were eliminating the song’s file from your device’s local storage by following the procedures outlined above. Let’s take a look at how to remove a song that has been added to your Apple Music Library. This will also erase it from all of your Apple devices as well as your Playlists and iTunes library.
On iPhone or iPad
- Open the Musicapp
- Choose Library
- Then Songs from the drop-down menu. Songs that have been added to your Library but have not yet been downloaded for offline listening will have a download icon next to them. In the case of tracks that have been downloaded offline, no icons will appear next to them. Select a song and then select Delete from Library from the pop-up menu. After that, select Delete Song
- If you select a song that has already been downloaded, the option Remove will appear instead of Delete from Library. Remove the item by pressing the button. Then select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. When you delete a song from your library, it also deletes the music file you downloaded.
Do you want to listen to a music that you accidentally erased from your Library? To play a song, go to the Search menu, find it, and tap on it.
If you want to add it to your Library again, you may do so by tapping on the plus (+) symbol. Information:You may listen to a music online without having to download it to your computer. However, in order to download a music offline, you must first add it to your library.
- Open the Apple Music application. SelectLibrary from the drop-down menu. Select Songs from the drop-down menu. Long press on a song to play it
- Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, if you see Remove, select it and then select DELETE FROM LIBRARY.
On Mac and Windows PC
- On new Macs, launch the Musicapp. vintage Macs and PCs with a retro-tune
- Right-click on a song in the Songs section of the left sidebar. Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu. Select Delete Song from the drop-down menu.
I’m going to sign off. This demonstrates how to remove a single song from Apple Music or all songs from Apple Music on multiple devices. Once again, there is a distinction between removing a music and deleting a song from the library in the iTunes library. The music file that has been downloaded has been deleted. Removed from the Library removes the music from your Library, Playlists, and any devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID as you are now using. To be sure, any music that you remove or delete from your library may be quickly re-added or downloaded to your library as long as you have an active Apple Music membership.
Following that, you might want to have a look at some of the finest alternatives to Apple Music.
The editor-in-headgear chief’s he dons in order to ensure that articles meet the quality level before they are published in the journal.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music
When you subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service, you have access to a music database including more than 90 million songs as well as the ability to create and share infinite playlists with friends. With so much choice, it’s easy to wind up with a slew of playlists that you don’t actually listen to. They might take up valuable phone storage or screen space, and they can be a pain to navigate through while using a smartphone. However, you may either erase a downloaded playlist from your device or remove it from your media library, depending on the situation.
How to Deletea Playlist in Apple Music From an iPhone
Apple Music playlists that have been downloaded to your iPhone may be deleted immediately from your Apple Music account. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Select “Library” from the Music app’s drop-down menu. Select “Playlists” from the drop-down menu. Locate and hold down the long-press button on the playlist you wish to remove
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu options. Remove Downloads” should be selected if you wish to remove the playlist from the local storage of your iPhone. Alternatively, select “Delete from Collection” to get it removed from your media library
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an Android
Despite the fact that Apple Music is an Apple app, it is also accessible on Android. Using an Android device, follow these steps to erase a playlist:
- To access Apple Music playlists, launch the app and click “Playlists.” The playlist you wish to delete should be selected and held down. Select “Remove.” from the list of pop-up choices
- Choose “Erase Downloads” if you only want to remove the playlist from your device. Selecting “Delete from Library” will remove it from your Apple Music library as an alternative.
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From a PC
The desktop version of Apple Music has a somewhat different design than the mobile app; nonetheless, the procedure for removing a playlist is the same as it is for deleting a playlist in the mobile app. If you want to erase an Apple Music playlist from your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music and listen to a song. From the left-hand pane, choose the playlist that you wish to remove. Choose “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click it. You may also erase something by using the “delete” key on your keyboard. To finalize the deletion, click “Delete Playlist,” followed by “Move to Trash.”
How to Delete a Playlist in Apple Music From an iPad
The following steps will show you how to erase an Apple Music playlist from your iPad:
- Open the Music application
- Select “Playlists” from the “Library” drop-down menu. Long-press the playlist you wish to erase from your computer
- Select “Remove.” from the pop-up menu that appears. If you want to remove it from your iPad, pick “Remove Downloads,” and if you want to remove it from your media library completely, select “Delete from Library.”
If you have more than one song by the same artist, you can locate them all in your music library (including your Playlists). For example, the song might be included on a soundtrack as well as an album release. You may also look for exact song duplication with this feature. Using your computer, you may complete the following steps: 1. Open the Music app and select “Songs” from the left-hand navigation pane. 2. Select a song and then do one of the following actions: “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Duplicate Items” will bring up a list of all instances of that music in your library.
When searching for exact duplicates, hold down the “Option” key and select “File,” “Library,” and then “Show Exact Duplicate Items” from the menu. Remove duplicate songs by right-clicking on them and selecting “Delete,” or by simply pressing the delete key and then confirming.
Can I Delete a Playlist Without Deleting the Songs?
Yes, it is possible. To remove the playlist from your library, select “Delete from Library” from the drop-down menu. All of the accompanying music will still be available for purchase.
How Do I Organize My Playlists Into Folders?
The following are the procedures to take in order to organize your playlists into folders on a computer: 1. Launch the Music application. 2. Select “File,” “New,” and then “Playlist Folder” from the drop-down menu. 3. Type in the name of the folder and press Enter. In order to rename it, simply double-click it and type in the new name. Drag your playlists, other folders, and individual items into the new folder to complete the transformation.
Out With the Old to Make Space for the New
Apple Music has a large music archive, and you can build an endless number of playlists on the service. As a music enthusiast, it’s rather simple to amass a large amount of musical material. Apple Music, on the other hand, will assist you when you need to clean and free up valuable music storage space on your smartphone. You have the option of deleting a downloaded playlist from your device alone, or you may delete it from your Apple Music library completely. Do you make your own playlists? If so, how?
In the comments box below, please tell us about the ones that you are most proud of.
How to Create, Edit, and Delete an Apple Music Playlist in macOS Big Sur
From macOS Catalina onward, iTunes was divided into four independent apps:Apple Music (where your iTunes media collection is stored),Apple TV (the app, not the set-top box or streaming service — yeah, it’s confusing),Apple Booksapp, andApple Podcastsapp. As a result, several modifications were made to the way playlists were handled. But don’t worry, it’s still a very simple process.
How to Create an Apple Music Playlist:
Make a new Music playlist on your computer. The new playlist may be found in the sidebar on the left, underneath the Playlists section of the site.
Create a new playlist and add songs to it at the same time:
- Choose one or more songs from the list
- Control-click and select “Add to PlaylistNew Playlist” from the drop-down menu
How to Add Items to a Playlist:
- Open the Music application and select a playlist from the sidebar on the left. The playlist may be created by dragging an item from your music collection to the playlist or by control-clicking an item and selecting “Add to Playlist,” then selecting a playlist. If you want to add songs to a playlist without putting them in your library, go to “MusicPreferences,” click Advanced, and then uncheck the box that says “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.”
Add music to an Apple Music Playlist without adding them to your iTunes Library, and vice versa.
How to Edit a Music Playlist:
Open Music and select a playlist from the drop-down menu. Then you may do the following:
- Replace the playlist’s name by clicking on the playlist’s name at the top of the window and typing the new title
Replace the playlist’s name by clicking on the playlist’s name at the top of the window and entering the new title.
- Rearrange the tracks in the following order: “ViewSort By” is the option to select. When you select “ViewSort ByPlaylist Order,” you have the option of dragging things into the order you like. Remove an item from the list: Select the item and press the Delete key to remove it from the list. (If you already have the removed music in your library, removing it from a playlist will not remove it from your library or storage device.)
How to Delete an Apple Music Playlist:
- Activate the Music app, choose a playlist, then press the Delete key.
Confirm that you wish to remove the chosen Music Playlist from your computer. If you remove a playlist, the music contained inside the playlist will stay in your collection and on your Mac until you delete them again. So, if you want to delete a playlist from your library, Control-click the playlist in the sidebar on the left and select Delete from Library from the context menu.
Dennis has more than 40 years of journalism experience and has produced hundreds of pieces for a variety of publications. He’s been working as an internet writer for more than two decades, mostly covering Apple, Inc. He has written for a variety of publications, including MacCentral, MacWorld, MacMinute, Macsimum News, Apple Daily Report, and is currently a contributing editor at AppleWorldToday.com.
How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes in 4 Ways – iMobie
Dennis has more than 40 years of journalism experience and has authored hundreds of pieces for a variety of media outlets. He’s been working as an internet writer for more than two decades, mostly covering Apple Inc.
and its competitors. He’s written for a variety of publications, including MacCentral, MacWorld, MacMinute, Macsimum News, Apple Daily Report, and is currently a contributing editor at Apple World Today, among other publications.
Method 1. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Settings
This approach is the quickest and most straightforward way to erase music from your iPhone, and you can use it to remove either a single song or an entire album. On your iPhone, open theSettings and scroll down to the General section. Step 2: ClickiPhone Storage (Optional) Music may be found by scrolling down and tapping on it. Delete music from your iPhone via the Settings app. Step 3: Select Edit from the drop-down menu. You may delete a single song by touching on the red minus symbol, or you can delete all of your songs by hitting on the red minus sign.
This will wipe all of the data that the music app has (include the app).
Do you find it exhausting to go through each song and erase them one by one?
Method 2. How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes via Music App
Albums, genres, and individual songs may all be deleted from your iPhone; however, removing tracks from your iPhone will not erase the song from your iTunes collection. Step 1: Open the “Music” application on your iPhone. Step 2: Press and hold the song you wish to remove from your iPhone’s music library. Step 2: Select “Remove” from the drop-down menu. This will remove the music from your device, but it will still be available in your iTunes library once it has been deleted. Use the Music App to delete music from your iPhone but not from iTunes.
Approach 4 might be a suitable choice if you want a more straightforward method of deleting tracks.
Method 3.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia iTunes
Delete music from your iPhone using iTunes allows you to remove tracks from your iPhone that are organized into playlists, artists, genres, and albums. It is not possible to erase a single song at a time with this program. As a result of using iTunes to sync music with your iPhone, it is conceivable that your data on your iPhone will be mistakenly destroyed. Method 4 might be a better choice if you want to avoid all of these circumstances. A song may be removed from an iPhone using the built-in functionality of an iTunes library, but not from the library itself.
Install the most recent version of iTunes on your computer.
Select the “Music” tab from the drop-down menu.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button.
Method 4.How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunesvia AnyTrans
AnyTrans is a feature-rich software solution for managing iPhones and other iOS devices. When you use this approach to delete many or particular songs from your iPhone, you can be absolutely certain that your music will not be wiped from your iTunes collection as well.
Other data on your iPhone, including as messages, contacts, documents, and other files, can also be deleted in addition to music, according to Apple.
- You have the option of deleting songs from your iPhone either selectively or completely. Music may be transferred from an iPhone to iTunes and other devices with a single click. Produce your own personalized ringtone or text tone from your favorite tunes with relative simplicity
- AnyTrans is capable of managing much more than just music
- It can also handle applications, messages, contacts, and other data.
AnyTrans – iPhone Music Manager
Trying to figure out how to easily erase music off your iPhone without deleting it from your iTunes library? AnyTrans, a comprehensive iOS data manager, can suit all of your demands when it comes to managing your iPhone’s music. Now is the time to test it out and erase all music from your iPhone! We’ve included a full step-by-step instruction on how to erase music from your iPhone but not from iTunes using AnyTrans, which you can find here: Step 1: Download and install AnyTrans on your computer or Mac.
Select Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
Music may be selected via the Device Manager.
Select the Delete symbol from the toolbar.
The Bottom Line
As a result, you now understand every method available for removing songs off the iPhone, but not from iTunes. AnyTrans is a fantastic piece of software that allows iPhone users to erase songs in a more efficient and straightforward manner. With AnyTrans, you may delete a music from your iTunes library without having to worry about it being lost. Download it today to make managing your iOS data even easier than ever! Being a member of the iMobie team for five years, as well as an avid Apple fan, I like assisting more consumers with a variety of iOS and Android-related concerns.
How to Delete a Playlist from Your iPhone
Note: This post is part of the Tip of the Day newsletter from iPhone Life. Fill out the registration form.* One of my favorite things to do on my iPhone is to create and share playlists with friends. Old playlists, on the other hand, tend to accumulate. Before you know it, you’ve accumulated fifty playlists, with only about five of them being ones that you really listen to. It’s important to understand how to delete a Spotify playlist on the iPhone, as well as how to remove a YouTube Music playlist and an Apple Music playlist, if things are getting out of hand.
Subscribe to our free Tip of the Day if you’re interested in learning more about the capabilities of your music applications.
Now, here’s how to swiftly delete playlists from some of the most popular music applications on your iOS device: To: Jump to:
- How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
- How to Delete a YouTube Music Playlist
- How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
- How to Delete a Playlist on Google Play
How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
This music app has been a favorite listening experience for many people because to its engaging features, which include the ability to listen to music offline and the ability to build radio stations from playlists. This tutorial will show you how to erase a Spotify playlist from your iPhone using the procedures listed below.
- Open the Spotify application
- TapYour Libraryat the bottom of the screen, then pick the playlist you desire to remove from the system. To make changes to your Spotify playlist, click on the three dots that appear next to the Play button. Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu. There will be a pop-up window that appears. To confirm, press the Delete key.
How to Delete a Playlist on YouTube Music
If you want to delete a playlist from your YouTube Music account for any reason, whether you’re changing your music preferences or simply cleaning up clutter, follow these instructions. In addition, if you have a premium YouTube account, you may download complete playlists of music that you still adore.
- Open the YouTube Music App on your smartphone. Playlists may be found on the Home screen by selecting it. Select the three dots next to the playlist you desire to remove from your computer’s memory
- Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu.
If you do this, the playlist will be removed from your YouTube Music account.
How to Delete a Playlist on Apple Music
To erase your Apple Music playlist, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Open the Music App on your phone. Choose theLibrarytab at the bottom of your screen, and then tapPlaylistsat the top of the screen. To remove a playlist, select it and press Delete. To make changes to your playlist, choose it by tapping the three dots at the top of the screen. Select Delete from Library from the pop-up option that appears. Select Delete Playlist from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to it! It has been determined that your playlist has been wiped from all of your devices that are connected to the same Apple ID account. The music in the playlist will still be available to you even if the playlist has been deleted from your Apple Music Library (and even add them to new playlists). GongTo / Shutterstock.com is credited with the top picture. Learn how to use your iPhone in one minute every day: Sign up here to have our FREE Tip of the Day delivered directly to your email every single day.
remove all songs from iPhone that aren’t in any playlists via iTunes
Create a smart playlist that contains all of the songs that aren’t already included in any other playlists. Rules: Check Matchmusicforall. There is no playlist. The name of the playlist There is no playlist. The name of the playlist. Check Real-time updates To erase music off your iPhone, drag the playlist onto the device and select all of them by using the shift key (right-click – delete from librarydidn’t appear to work). That’s still a lot of work (having to manually add each and every playlist to the smart playlist), so I’m open to further suggestions.
Having put off updating this response, I’ve come up with a lot more dependable and less onerous approach that I’d like to share with you:
- Create a playlist folder (I titled mine “Playlists”) on your iPhone, as well as a smart playlist (which is more easier than the previous one and will not require editing) with the following rules:
Examine the Match music for compliance with the following rules: There is no playlist. Playlists Check for real-time updates.
- Drag and drop the playlist onto your iPhone. However, the playlist will display under iPhone, but it will not appear in the playlist folder. Drag and drop the playlist into the playlists directory
- Steps 2 and 3 should be repeated for any additional playlists.
It will now display in the smart playlist if a song does not present in one of the playlists listed under “playlist folder.”
How to Remove Downloaded Apple Music Songs to Free Up Storage Space
When you download a large number of songs or albums from the Apple Music catalog, it might take up a significant amount of local storage on your device. The good news is that removing downloaded Apple Music material and reclaiming the storage space on your devices is a simple process. Here’s how to do it.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open theMusicapp
- On your PC, openiTunes. Locate the song or album in your collection that you wish to remove from your device on a local level, and click on it. Select Remove. from the pop-up menu that appears after pressing and holding the item in the Music app, and then tapRemove Download when requested. Remove the item from your iTunes library by right-clicking (or Ctrl-clicking) it and selecting Remove Download
It’s important to note that if you see the cloud symbol next to a song or album, it means that the file is kept in the cloud rather than on your device, and so does not consume any local storage.
Julia Clover posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 10:05 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. iPhone and iPad owners received modest 15.2.1 upgrades today, which comes one month after Apple released iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 with a slew of enhancements and bug fixes, respectively. The iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 updates are available for free download, and the software is automatically installed on all eligible devices over-the-air using the Settings app in the iOS operating system. To gain access to the updated software, navigate to the SettingsGeneral menu.
Apple’s Polishing Cloth is Finally Back in Stock
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 10:47 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Julia Clover’s contribution With the arrival of the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models in October, Apple introduced an Apple-branded microfibre Polishing Cloth, which, like so many other pricey Apple items, rapidly became a laughing stock.
Apple enthusiasts didn’t want to be the only ones who didn’t have a special Apple product, therefore the Polishing Cloth sold out in a single day and shipment estimates were initially pushed back to November.
Hands-On With LG’s 32-Inch UltraFine OLED Pro Display
Julia Clover posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, at 1:12 p.m. PST. LG announced the debut of their new 2022 32-inch UltraFine OLED Pro display in December, and in our most recent YouTube video, we put it through its paces to see how it stacks up against Apple’s Pro Display XDR and whether it’s a purchase worth making depending on the price. More videos can be found on the MacRumors YouTube channel, which you may follow. The display, which is officially known as the “32BP95E,” has a resolution of and is 32 inches wide.
Clones of Popular ‘Wordle’ Game Flooding App Store, Including One Charging $30 Per Year
Julia Clover posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 1:39 p.m. PST. The famous web-based daily guessing game Wordle, designed by Josh Wardle, is certainly familiar to anyone who frequent the internet on a regular basis. After being released last autumn, the game has taken off like wildfire, with over a million players in only a few months. Wordle challenges players to guess a five-letter word by recognizing which letters are included in the word and which letters are presented in the appropriate area on the screen.
iPhone 14 Pro Now Rumored to Feature Both Pill-Shaped and Circular Cutouts
Julia Clover posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at 1:39 p.m. PST. The famous web-based daily guessing game Wordle, designed by Josh Wardle, is certainly familiar to anyone who use the internet. After being released last autumn, the game has taken off like wildfire, with over a million players in only a few weeks. When playing Wordle, players are asked to guess a five-letter word by recognizing which letters are in the word and which letters are in the correct position. Each player is allowed six guesses.
Kuo: Apple Headset Will Use Same 96W Power Adapter as 14-Inch MacBook Pro
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple’s anticipated AR/VR headset will use the same 96W USB-C power adapter that is supplied with the company’s higher-end 14-inch MacBook Pro laptop. Ian Zelbo’s rendering of the Apple Headset In a research note published today by TF International Securities, which was received by MacRumors, Kuo stated that Apple’s headgear, which uses a 96W power adaptor, demonstrates that it would have Mac-level computational capacity, just as he does himself.
iPhone 14 Pro Again Rumored to Feature Upgraded 48-Megapixel Camera
Joe Rossignol published a post on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, at 6:18 a.m. PST. According to Taiwanese market research firm TrendForce, the iPhone 14 Pro will include a 48-megapixel camera as standard equipment. The wide-angle camera on the back of the iPhone 13 Pro models, which has a resolution of 12 megapixels at the time of writing, is specifically mentioned. It has previously been stated by a number of sources, including analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who anticipates the inclusion of a 48-megapixel wide-angle camera on iPhone 14 Pro variants.
Apple Outlines $30M Bag Check Lawsuit Settlement on Legal Website
Julia Clover posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 3:28 p.m. PST. Apple agreed to settle a long-running lawsuit over employee bag checks in November, with the Cupertino company agreeing to pay $29.9 million to employees who were subjected to off-the-clock bag searches. The terms of the settlement are now available on Apple’s website, along with additional information about the settlement.
Apple workers in California originally filed a complaint against the company in 2013, and the case was eventually turned into a class action lawsuit in 2015. Employees made a claim.
Is Your iTunes Library a Mess? Here’s How to Clean It Up
When you no longer enjoy a song or album, deleting it from your iTunes library might be a good idea. It can also be useful when you need to free up some hard drive space on your computer or iOS device. Although cleaning up your iTunes collection has some hidden complications, it is possible that you will not truly remove the music and, as a result, will not save any space at all when you do so. It becomes much more difficult if you get your music fromApple Music or back them up usingiTunes Match.
Selecting Songs to Delete in iTunes
To delete a song, navigate to your iTunes library and locate the song, songs, or album you want to remove (the procedures here vary slightly depending on how you’re viewing iTunes, but the essential concepts are the same in all ways). Click the “Delete” button next to the song or album you want to remove.
- To choose a single song, simply click on it once. Hold down the Shift key as you click on numerous tracks that are next to each other to choose them all at once. Hold down the Commandkey (on a Mac) or the Controlkey (on Windows) as you click on the music to choose several, non-contiguous songs. Click the.icon next to the album title in Album View to delete a specific album
- To delete multiple albums, click the.icon next to the album title in Album View
- And to delete multiple albums in Album View, click the.icon next to the album title in Album View
- And to delete multiple albums, click the.icon next to the album title in Album View
- Artist View allows you to erase all of the music created by a certain artist by clicking on the.icon next to the artist’s name.
Following the selection of objects to be deleted and the selection of the.icon, you have the option to perform one of four things:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard. Select Delete from Library from the Songmenu
- Then click OK. Select Delete from Library from the context menu of the right-click button. Select Delete from Library from the drop-down menu adjacent to the item (if you haven’t already) and then click OK.
Choose Among Options for Deleting Songs
When you press the delete key, iTunes displays a popup in which you can choose what to do with the file: delete it permanently or just remove it from your computer’s iTunes library. Among your alternatives are:
- You will only see this if you are using Apple Music or iTunes Match and have downloaded the music to your computer (the other possibility is that you have added the song to your library for streaming but have not yet downloaded it). If you choose to remove a downloaded item from your computer, iTunes will erase the file that is taking up space on your hard drive. The entry for the music in your iTunes collection, on the other hand, remains. Thus, you will be able to stream or redownload the music whenever you wish. Delete Music: Selecting this option will erase the song from your iTunes collection, your iCloud Music Library, and your computer’s hard drive. The file will be moved to your trash. The song is automatically deleted from any device that is syncing with your iCloud Music Library, as well as from your iTunes library. It frees up space on your hard drive, but it also deletes the song’s entry from your iTunes library and from any device that is syncing with your iCloud Music Library. Basically, any gadget that links to your Apple Music or iTunes Match account qualifies for this category. Sometimes this is the best option, but be sure you fully grasp the ramifications of your decision before proceeding
- The Cancel option allows you to halt the process without losing anything if you have changed your mind and no longer wish to remove the song or album.
If you select an option that deletes a file, you may need to empty your trash or recycling bin to make room on your hard drive for the newly created space.
Deleting Songs from iTunes Playlists
It’s a bit different if you’re browsing a playlist on iTunes and want to remove a song from within the playlist; the procedure is slightly different. If you follow the previously outlined methods while listening to a song from a playlist, the music is only removed from the playlist and not from your computer. Follow these instructions if you’re looking at a playlist and decide you want to permanently erase a music from your computer’s hard drive:
- Choose the song or songs that you wish to remove from your playlist
- Hold down the keys Option + Command + Delete (on a Mac) or Option + Control + Delete (on a PC) at the same time (on a PC). You may also right-click the selection and choose Delete from Library from the menu that displays
- This is an alternative method. Select Delete Song from the drop-down menu. Delete Music, in this situation, removes the song from your iTunes collection as well as from any other compatible devices that may be using the song.
What Happens to Your iPhone When You Delete Songs
If you use Apple Music or iTunes Match, any modifications you make to your iTunes library on your computer will automatically sync with any devices that are also using those services, unless you specify otherwise. As a result, if you delete a music from your iTunes library, the same thing will happen on your iPhone. If, on the other hand, you control your music on your iPhone by syncing it with your computer, the changes you make to your iTunes collection will not take effect immediately. They’ll be applied to your iPhone the next time you sync it with your computer.