GET YOUR MUSIC ON APPLE MUSIC
- Sign up for a TuneCore account to get your music on Apple Music.
- Select the type of release you want to get on Apple Music: single or album.
- Upload your music and cover art to put your songs on Apple Music.
- Add music contributors so they get credited when your songs are played.
How to add your own music to Apple Music?
- Launch your iTunes on your PC or Mac. From the menu bar,click File and choose the Add File to Library option from the drop-down menu.
- Find the song (s) you want to add from your computer,and open it in iTunes.
- When the file is synced,your new song will show up in the Apple Music on your iPhone if all goes well.
- 1 Can you upload music to Apple Music for free?
- 2 How do I add my own music to Apple Music on iPhone?
- 3 Does Apple Music pay artists?
- 4 How do I add Music to Apple music without a computer?
- 5 How much does Apple pay for 1000 streams?
- 6 Which is better Spotify or Apple Music?
- 7 How much money do you get for 1 million streams on Apple Music?
- 8 How do I transfer MP3 to Apple music?
- 9 Apple Music for Artists
- 10 Capture your soundwith tools for writing, recording, mixing, and mastering.
- 11 Capture your soundwith tools for writing, recording, mixing, and mastering.
- 12 Release your songsacross the globe.
- 13 Share the excitementwith Milestones you can post on your social channels.
- 14 Stay connected to fansand see how they listen around the world.
- 15 Get the latest news for artists from across Apple.
- 16 Initial Setup
- 17 Adding Songs
- 18 Format Restrictions and Rules
- 19 How To Upload Your Music To Apple Music
- 20 What Is Apple Music?
- 21 Why Should You Get Your Music On Apple Music?
- 22 How To Get Your Music On Apple Music
- 23 Get Free Music Distribution With Music Gateway!
- 24 Summary
- 25 Gemtracks.com
- 26 How To Get Music on Apple Music
- 27 [Update] How-to: Share photos, videos & songs with Apple Music Connect & manage your artist profile
- 28 Where do Connect posts appear?
- 29 How to upload from iPhone |
- 30 How to upload from Mac |
- 31 Create an embeddable web player or badge|
- 32 How to Delete Apple Music Connect posts |
- 33 Add or update your Apple Music artist profile page/image
- 34 You can contact Apple for support with Apple Music Connect (For artists):[email protected]
- 35 How to upload music to Apple Music with a Mac
- 36 How to Upload Apple Music/iTunes Library to Google Drive
- 37 Part 1. Why Can’t You Transfer Apple Music to Google Drive
- 38 Part 2. Method to Make Apple Music Compatible with Google Drive
- 39 Part 3. How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive for Backup
- 40 Part 3. How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive for Backup
- 41 Conclusion
- 42 How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive
- 42.1 1. Google Drive – Keep Everything, Share Everything
- 42.2 2. How to upload Apple Music Songs to Google Drive?
- 42.3 3. Tutorial about How to Convert Apple Music for Uploading to Google Drive
- 43 Upload Songs to iTunes
- 44 So what are you waiting for?
- 45 Don’t Wait Any Longer. Sell Your Music Today!
- 46 DistroKid is the easiest way for musicians to get their music into Spotify, Apple, Apple Music, Amazon, TikTok, Google Play, and more
- 47 How to upload songs to Apple Music or iTunes
- 48 We cover both sides of this question, from syncing your personal library across devices, to uploading your own music and earning revenue.
- 48.1 How to access your personal music library across devices
- 48.2 Uploading music as an artist
Can you upload music to Apple Music for free?
Over 40 million people use Apple Music to discover and listen to music new and old – get your music on there and let them experience your talent, for FREE! It’s as simple as signing up for a free account at www.routenote.com and uploading your music.
How do I add my own music to Apple Music on iPhone?
Add music from Apple Music to your library
- Touch and hold a song, album, playlist, or video, then tap Add to Library.
- When viewing the contents of an album or playlist, tap near the top of the screen to add the album or playlist, or tap, then tap Add to Library to add individual songs.
Does Apple Music pay artists?
Apple Music’s team of global tastemakers hand-curate 30,000 editorial playlists. As a result of our commitment to these values, Apple Music paid out royalties for more than 5 million recording artists around the world in 2020, over 1 million more than in 2019.
How do I add Music to Apple music without a computer?
No need to plug into a computer or sync with iTunes. Any media file that you have on your iPhone can be imported into your media library. If friends send you songs via email or if you download some music from Dropbox, you can use Bridge to add them to your iPhone’s music library in seconds.
How much does Apple pay for 1000 streams?
To do a bit of math, for every 1000 streams, Apple would give you $6,75 and Spotify leaves you with $4,37.
Which is better Spotify or Apple Music?
After comparing these two streaming services, Apple Music is a better option than Spotify Premium simply because it currently offers high-resolution streaming. However, Spotify still has some major advantages like collaborative playlists, better social features, and more.
How much money do you get for 1 million streams on Apple Music?
The average across the leading 50 countries is around $7 000 per million streams. Payouts also vary based on what type of subscription one has with Apple Music: for example, a family plan costs $14.99/month whereas an individual membership only costs $9.99/month.
How do I transfer MP3 to Apple music?
Question: Q: Importing downloaded MP3’s to Music
- Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
- Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
- Drag it into the “Automatically Add” folder.
- Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location.
Apple Music for Artists
Get your tunes out of your mind and into the real world by performing them. With this technology, anyone can create studio-quality audio, release new tracks, and communicate with their audience. Get your tunes out of your mind and into the real world by performing them. With this technology, anyone can create studio-quality audio, release new tracks, and communicate with their audience. Logic Pro now has spatial audio recording capabilities. Dolby Atmos for Apple Music allows you to create songs that are immersive and multidimensional in spatial audio.
Capture your soundwith tools for writing, recording, mixing, and mastering.
Live Loops in Logic Pro allow you to experiment with ideas in real time.
Capture your soundwith tools for writing, recording, mixing, and mastering.
Logic Pro’s Live Loops allow you to experiment with ideas in real time.
Release your songsacross the globe.
Share song plays, Shazams, and playlists that your songs have been included to with your fans to commemorate Milestones.
Using song plays, Shazams, and playlists that have been added to your music, you can let your fans mark Milestones.
Stay connected to fansand see how they listen around the world.
Understanding what your audience is searching for and how they are reacting to your music might help you improve your performance.
Get the latest news for artists from across Apple.
Apple Music has just been accessible to the general public for a little over a month, and so far, the service appears to be gaining traction as more non-streaming iPhone customers make the switch. If you want to include your existing collection of indie hits, self-recorded tracks, and underground tunes into Apple’s burgeoning streaming catalog, though, you’ll have to be creative. As a result, it is simple to add songs from your own collection to the Apple Music library, and it works from both the iTunes desktop client and any music you have stored or recorded on your mobile iOS device.
Apple Music will first scan any local libraries you may have to check whether they contain any music that is already accessible in the streaming archive. This will happen automatically when you first subscribe to the service. If it does not find any matches for the music you wish to add, you may go to the next step, which is importing your own music into the iTunes/iCloud ecosystem for storage and listening.
To begin, launch the iTunes desktop client and navigate to the iTunes Menu. Select “Add File to Library” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. Navigate to the music on your computer that you wish to include and open it in iTunes. Once the file has been synchronized, you can either use it to construct a playlist that includes any music purchased via your iTunes account, or you may combine it into a library that contains your favorited and saved Apple Music tracks, among other things.
Format Restrictions and Rules
Those songs that are encoded in the WAV, ALAC, or AIFF formats will be transcoded to a separate temporary AAC 256 Kbps file locally before to uploading, while the original files will remain unaffected. During the uploading process, you’ll want to make sure that your iTunes iCloud Music Library is activated, so that you don’t lose any music while switching between your desktop computer, laptop, and mobile devices. Even individual MP3 files (as well as AAC files) will have to fulfill certain requirements before they are permitted for synchronization with Apple Music under this same set of constraints.
Adding the track(s) to the iTunes iCloud Music Library will allow you to access them from any iOS device of your choosing, provided that the track itself is not DRM locked by a third party.
Photographs courtesy of Apple iTunes and Wikimedia1. The links in the preceding article may be affiliate links, which help to fund How-To Geek.
How To Upload Your Music To Apple Music
In addition to providing one of the greatest audiences for artists among music streaming services, Apple Music has a rising membership base that presently numbers 68 million customers. Due to the fact that it is presently available in 167 countries throughout the world, it has a global reach (after launching in 52 additional countries as of April 2020). What follows is a high-level summary of what Apple Music is, why you should consider putting your music on the platform, and how to get your music onto the Apple Music platform.
What Is Apple Music?
Apple Music is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world, with over 100 million subscribers. Its user-friendly music discovery capabilities, as well as its huge music archive, have made it a favorite among subscribers to music streaming services like Spotify. The fact that it comes pre-installed on Apple devices may have further helped to its widespread use. If you are an artist trying to build your audience and get noticed by people all over the world, Apple Music is an essential streaming service to have your music on.
Why Should You Get Your Music On Apple Music?
The Apple Music platform not only provides musicians with the opportunity to reach a worldwide audience, but it also includes user-friendly features that assist users in discovering new music and artists based on their listening patterns. Apple Music also provides musicians with access to their own music statistics through theApple Music for Artistsplatform, which is part of the Apple Music service. Apple Music also compensates artists for every time their music is streamed through their service, which is a nice bonus.
Apple Music includes several fascinating user features that are intended to assist fans in discovering new music and artists on a more frequent basis, according to the company. These can work to your favor as an artist by assisting in the discovery of more individuals who are interested in you and your music. Apple Music and other music streaming services have substantially enhanced the user experience as a result of the introduction of playlists. Listeners may build playlists based on the music they enjoy listening to, or they can add new songs to existing playlists that they have already built.
Apple Music also features playlists that are automatically produced by its algorithms and that are tailored to a user’s music interests and preferences, which are available through the Apple Music app.
Also available on Apple Music are its own curated playlists (which are created by members of the Apple Music team), which frequently comprise a diverse range of artists and songs.
It includes international charts (which include the most popular songs and singers from around the world) as well as regional and localized charts (which feature top songs and artists in a country or region).
This is also a fun approach for artists to get found on the site in addition to the previous one.
Apple Music For Artists
Some unique user features are available on Apple Music, all of which are intended to assist users in discovering new music and artists on a more regular basis. The fact that more people are discovering you and your music might work to your favor as an artist. On Apple Music and other music streaming services, playlists have significantly enhanced the overall user experience. Those who listen to music may construct playlists based on their favorite songs and also add new songs they discover to existing playlists.
Also available on Apple Music are algorithm-made playlists that are tailored to a user’s individual music taste and preferences, which are automatically produced by the service.
Also available on Apple Music are its own curated playlists (which are edited by members of the Apple Music team), which frequently comprise a diverse range of musicians and songs.
Global charts (which include the most popular songs and performers from throughout the world) are included, as well as regional and country-specific charts (which feature top songs and artists in a country or region).
Payment To Artists
So, excellent news: once your music is available on Apple Music, you will be compensated for every stream that it creates. This is deducted from the user subscription costs that Apple receives, of which a percentage is distributed to the artists. As a result, the more streams your music creates, the more money you will receive in compensation. Apple Music will pay an average of $0.0056 per stream for artists in 2020, according to the company. It is depending on how you obtain your music from Apple Music as to how the payment arrangements are made.
How To Get Your Music On Apple Music
There are two ways to obtain your music on Apple Music. The first is through your iTunes library. In addition to directly uploading to Apple Music using their system, you can also do it indirectly through one of Apple’s recommended third-party aggregators. There is no difference between providing your music to Apple Music and delivering your music to the iTunes store when using either option.
Option 1: Directly
The iTunes Connect platform allows artists to upload their music directly to Apple Music and iTunes without the need for a third-party service. There are, however, some minimal prerequisites that must be met in order to be allowed to do so. You must have the following items:
- Tax identification number from the United States
- A valid iTunes Store account, including an Apple ID, with a payment card on file
- A Mac running OS X 10.10 or a later version of the operating system
- At least 512 MB of RAM is required. All of the albums and tracks you want to distribute should have UPCs and ISRCs assigned to them. In your collection, you should have at least 20 albums (singles qualify as albums, as I shall explain later)
- It is advised that you have an internet connection with an upload speed of 1 MB/sec or better. For bigger catalogues, it is advised that you have at least 20 GB of hard disk capacity.
If you match the qualifications listed above, you may submit an application using Apple’s iTunes Connect program, which can be found on the company’s website. Please keep in mind that achieving these conditions does not ensure that your application will be accepted, and that the application process may take up to eight weeks to be approved owing to the large number of individuals who have submitted applications. Your application will be reviewed and accepted, and you will get an email invitation to the iTunes Connect service.
It will be necessary for you to set up “Agreements, Taxes, and Banking.” This entails signing the contracts between you and Apple Music, as well as sending your personal (or corporate) tax information and financial information to the corporation.
This part also includes the ability of assigning certain areas to specific people.
It should be noted that tax forms are required for sales at stores in the United States, Canada, and Australia. If you are in the United States, you will need to complete a W-9 form, and if you are outside the United States, you will need to complete a W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form.
You must also include “Users and Roles” in order to grant varying levels of access to the people who are assisting you in the management of your music. Administrative, legal, financial, technical, sales, “read-only,” and encoder are some of the options. By registering for the account, you are instantly allocated the Admin and Legal roles, and you have access to all of the account’s features and functionality. This gives you access to information about your music, including payments and financial data, as well as contracts and the assignment of responsibilities to individuals.
After you have completed the above steps, you may submit your music to Apple Music and iTunes.
If your music and artwork are in the correct format and match the standards, you should submit them to Apple Music before submitting them anywhere else. The iTunes Store Music Style Overview and the Video and Audio Asset Guide both provide a comprehensive guide to the standards and criteria that apply to music. In order to function, these are the fundamental needs. The sample rate of 44.1 kHz (16-bit or 24-bit resolution) and 96, 176.4, or 192 kHz is used for audio (24-bit res) Make use of the stereo audio output.
- Apple requires that audio be recorded using a Codec that has been validated and approved by the company.
- Once you have finished with the guidelines and have everything ready, run iTunes Producer and login in with your iTunes Connect credentials to complete the process.
- You will be able to choose between creating an album from a CD and creating an album using audio files.
- To add the cover art, either drag the image into the Cover Art box or click Choose and pick the cover art file from your computer’s hard drive.
Pricing, Rights, LyricsProcessing
The next step is to determine the album pricing (for use on iTunes) as well as the album rights. You may specify the price of the album as well as the countries in which it will be accessible. It is the default setting on iTunes Producer that determines your album’s worldwide rights and pricing. You can also choose the date on which the album should be made available, which includes the day on which pre-orders will be made accessible. The next area is where you may enter individual track information, such as track metadata, lyrics, price, and rights information, among other things.
The final step is to transmit your album as an iTunes Store package to Apple Music/iTunes so that they may begin to process it.
Ensure that all of the information is correct before clicking on “Deliver” to complete the procedure.
While it is possible to upload straight to Apple, it is vital to remember that Apple does not pay partners until they reach the payment levels set by their respective countries. Working with an aggregator that has been approved by Apple may allow you to receive money more quickly.
Option 2: Through Third-Party Affiliates
In the event you do not fulfill the Apple Music requirements to upload directly, or if you believe the direct upload method is too hard, there are other options. You can, however, make use of third-party affiliates. Apple Music includes a list of recognized partners who may help you get your music onto the platform. These partners include distributors and record companies. The use of distributors allows you to post your music to Apple Music and have the streaming money collected on your behalf.
If you have a record deal, your music can also be included on the site.
Get Free Music Distribution With Music Gateway!
Yes, you read that correctly! We, at Music Gateway, are proud to be one of Apple Music’s authorized partners! Music distribution has never been easier than with our fantastic service, which gets your music into all major platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music. Furthermore, you retain complete ownership of your transactions, and we receive no compensation from you. We will also master your song for free in order to ensure that you sound your best before releasing it. A free account comes with two tracks to get you started, and you may add additional music based on your subscription plan.
In addition, free press, blog, and music marketing are provided.
Apple Music is a fantastic platform for gaining new listeners, building your artist identity, and earning money from your music. Why not take use of the fact that you now know how to upload your music to Apple Music? Most importantly, remember to keep us in mind here at Music Gateway! You have songs you want to share with the world; we want to help you advance your career and get them heard. We can assist you with advertising your music, music marketing, and enhancing your streaming presence, among other things.
Sign up or click the button below to try it out for free right now.
“Making it in this business involves ensuring that you have all you need to be successful,” says the author.
- News and advice from the industry
- Opportunities to contribute your song and work with other artists are available. Software and resources that are provided for free
- Music Gateway membership is provided for free.
News and tips from the industry A chance to contribute your song and cooperate with other musicians. Software and resources that are available for free. Membership in Music Gateway is provided at no cost to the user.
a:Gemtracks is a marketplace for musicians in the international music business where they can buy and sell music beats, hire recording facilities, and submit music to playlist curators.
Q: How can I buy a beat?
A:Just have a look at the beats that are available on Gemtracks. You will be able to listen to the free previews or download them to your computer or mobile device. When you’ve discovered a beat that you like, simply click on the BUY NOW button to be sent to the checkout page for that particular track or beat.
Q: When will I receive my purchased beat?
As soon as your money has been received, the beat will be provided to your email address instantly.
Q: Will the voice tag be removed after I purchase a beat?
The beat will be provided to your email address shortly as payment has been received.
Q: How many times will each beat be sold?
A:Once your money has been received, the beat will be provided to your email address instantly.
Q: What rights do I get with each beat?
A:After purchasing the beat, you become the sole owner of the beat. This implies that you will be legally recognized as the owner of the copyright. You will be able to make as much money as you like off of the beat and will not be required to credit us or pay us any royalties in exchange.
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
A:We accept both PayPal and credit cards as payment methods. Our website employs 256-bit SSL encryption to protect your personal information and to keep you secure. The year is 2022, and Gemtracks Beats Instrumentals is the soundtrack. All intellectual property rights are retained.
How To Get Music on Apple Music
More than 70 million people use Apple Music, which is the world’s most popular music streaming service. It provides a platform for both large and independent labels and artists to advertise and share their music with an audience of over 70 million people. In addition to allowing customers to download their favorite music for offline listening, Apple Music’s ad-free subscription model offers many other useful features, such as radio stations, top songs, and curated playlists. Every time someone listens to one of your tracks on Apple Music, you receive a monetary reward, making it an excellent platform for emerging musicians to advertise and monetize their work.
- In addition to distributing your music library to Apple Music and iTunes, we will distribute it to all of the streaming sites as well as up to 250 more music distribution channels.
- Once you’ve signed up for Apple Music, you’ll be able to take use of the service.
- A helpful tutorial on the most recent version of Apple Music for Artists, which outlines how you may communicate with fans and promote your music through Apple Music for Artists, has been published by us.
- The good news is that we interact directly with Apple Music on your behalf, which means that all you have to do is register an account and upload your music, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our goal is to level the playing field for independent artists and labels in the music streaming industry, and we have already assisted over 200,000 artists and labels in selling and monetizing their music on Apple Music, iTunes, and more than 250 other streaming platforms and shops.
Apple Music Connect has been decommissioned as of April 19, 2021. You can find out more about how to get your music video on Apple Music by working with a distribution partner right here. Apple Music Connect, which enables artists to connect photographs, videos, and music with their fans on Apple Music, has undergone some changes since the release of iOS 10 in September, according to the company. Listeners may now find the material that artists have uploaded in a variety of areas within the newly redesigned Apple Music app on iOS 10 devices.
The uploading interface has been somewhat modified, and Apple has added additional capabilities to Connect since it initially launched, including the ability to build and share an embedded web player, among other things.
The way it works is as follows: ** If your music isn’t already available on Apple Music, you can find out how to get it there by clicking here.
- Where do Connect posts show on the website
- The next sections describe how to upload to Connect from an iPhone or iPad, and how to upload to Connect from a Mac. Create an embeddable web player or badge for Connect postings that can be shared with others. How to remove Connect posts from your timeline
- It is necessary to create or edit your Apple Music artist profile page. Support for Apple Music (for musicians) may be obtained by contacting Apple.
Where do Connect posts appear?
There will be two areas where the stuff you contribute will appear:
- It will be possible to see For You:Connect postings in a feed that will display on the ‘For you’ page in the Apple Music app on iOS devices or under the For You Connect section in iTunes. Artist pages: Any content you submit to Connect will be included in a section beneath your albums and songs on your artist profile page, as well as on your Connect page. (When uploading, you may also link videos that you have uploaded to an album or song that you already have on Apple Music.)
How to upload from iPhone |
From the ‘For You’ page in the Apple Music app, select the compose symbol in the top right corner, next to your profile photo, to begin composing a song.
- Using this interface, you can input text and insert hyperlinks, and you can also connect to any Facebook or Twitter accounts you wish to automatically distribute the post to
- In order to include a music or video in a post before it is published, click on the Plus symbol in the bottom left corner of the write window:
To add material to your post, select Upload Photo or Video or Upload Song from the drop-down menu.
- When uploading the video, you may also link it to an album or song that you already have on Apple Music. Additionally, you will have the ability to cut a video before sharing it if you so want.
Make a selection from your library. You may “Post to Connect” by tapping the “.” symbol next to any album or song on Apple Music (even your own), which will bring up the “Post to Connect” menu.
From GarageBand on iOS:
The main projects page in GarageBand for iPhone or iPad allows you to submit a song directly to Connect from any song in your library.
- Select from the drop-down menu in the top right corner. Choose the project or music you’d want to share from your projects and press the share icon in the top left corner of the screen. The Apple Music symbol may be found in the sharing menu (you may have to scroll down to locate it)
- Click on it. Fill out the form with your music art and details, then click Done to submit your file and connect.
How to upload from Mac |
You may also post to Connect from a Mac by opening Apple Music in iTunes and selecting “Publish to Connect.”
- Navigate to the Music For You section. Please sign in to your Apple ID connected with your Connect profile before you can use the compose icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen next to your name. There, you’ll see the same upload page as on iOS, with the ability to compose a message, drag and drop or click the Plus to upload photographs and videos, as well as choices to link your Twitter and Facebook accounts to instantly publish the post to those accounts.
From Logic Pro or GarageBand on Mac:
It is possible to upload straight to Apple Music Connect using Logic Pro on a Mac or from Garageband on both iOS and Mac computers.
- In Logic Pro X, go to File > Share Song to Apple Music > Connect. and choose the song you want to share. (In GarageBand, select Share Song to Apple Music Connect from the File menu.) Fill out the information about your music on the Apple Music upload screen that opens.
Create an embeddable web player or badge|
Apple MusicMarketing Tools allows you to embed a Connect post or album from Apple Music on your website or anywhere else on the internet by developing an embeddable web player using the tools.
- To get started, go to the Apple Music Marketing Tools website. Select “Connect” or another category from the dropdown menu, and then search for the artist or song name you want to use. In the following screen, Apple will provide you with the choice to copy code for a web player or, alternatively, a “Listen on Apple Music” badge that you may place on your website (as shown in the image above).
I’ve included a web player of a Connect post I created for my EP in the section below:
How to Delete Apple Music Connect posts |
If you are seeing a Connect post from within the Apple Music iOS app, or if you are viewing a Connect post from within Apple Music from iTunes on the desktop, pick “Delete.” Check to see that you’re logged into the account connected with the artist who shared the item with you. What is the location of Connect posts?
Add or update your Apple Music artist profile page/image
From within the Apple Music app on iOS and iTunes on Mac, you can change your artist profile image by selecting it from the circular profile image icon in the upper right corner of the screen (pictured above). For independent musicians, creating or upgrading a profile banner image and bio that shows on your Apple Music artist page is a time-consuming process.
It is not yet available for people who distribute their music through aggregators rather than through a record company that has a direct relationship with Apple. Apple Music and iTunes, on the other hand, get bio information from AllMusic, so you may start by providing your information there.
You can contact Apple for support with Apple Music Connect (For artists):[email protected]
It’s the year 2017, and Logic Prosis is back! With product reviews, tutorials, tips/tricks for Logic users, and much more, we’ll be going down the ever-expanding rabbit hole of music production on Mac and iOS in 2018. This will feature a weekly episode as well as an anticipated Logic Pro X 101 tutorial for novices in the near future. Look through the archives. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
How to upload music to Apple Music with a Mac
AppleInsider is supported by its readers, and as an Amazon Associate and associate partner, AppleInsider may receive commissions on qualifying purchases. Our editorial content is not influenced by our affiliate partnerships in any way. For those of you who have wondered how to transfer Apple Music music from your Mac to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, as well as how to add your own tunes, we’ve put up a helpful tutorial that will walk you through the process and sync it to your preferred devices.
Add your own music to the Music app for local playing by dragging the tracks into the app’s window, and then waiting if you want the tracks to be streamed.
How to add songs to Apple Music on a Mac
- Go to the file or folder you desire to import
- And voilà!
While inMusic, you can also use the command O to bring up the file browser for importing files. If you choose a folder, it will automatically add all of the files contained inside it to your Music collection. In particular, if you acquire songs through online music markets such as Bandcamp or straight from the artists themselves, this strategy will come in handy. However, proceed with caution. You’ll get Apple’s version of your songs and albums if you have tracks and albums that have the same tags as what Apple has stored on their servers.
It will take some time for this music to upload itself to your Apple Music account and eventually populate across all of your devices if you’re an Apple Music or iTunes Music Match subscriber, depending on your bandwidth and other factors.
The music may be placed straight on your smartphone if you don’t want to wait for the upload to iCloud and the sync back to your device.
Once you’ve imported the music into your Mac’s Music program, it’s only a matter of following a few simple steps to sync the tracks locally to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
How to sync your Apple Music library to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with a Lightning cable
- Connect your device to your Mac using a USB cable. OpenFinder
- In the Finder’s sidebar, select the device you want to use. SelectMusic
- SelectSync Music to (device name)
- And then click OK. Select from either the whole music library or a selection of playlists, artists, albums, and genres. ClickApply
Using the instructions shown below, you may activate Wi-Fi syncing on your computer.
When your device and your Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi syncing allows your device to sync with your Mac.
How to sync your Apple Music library to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch via Wi-Fi
- Initiate Finder by connecting your device to your Mac. In the Finder’s sidebar, select the device you want to use. SelectGeneral
- Check the box that says “Show this (device) while connected to Wi-Fi.” Then click “Apply.”
How to Upload Apple Music/iTunes Library to Google Drive
This service provides online file storage and syncing, and it was established in 2012 by the search giant Google. The service provides each user with 15 GB of online storage space for storing data. In addition, if you want extra storage space, you’ll have to pay a monthly membership fee. Google Drive has earned the right to claim first place in the industry with an average of 240 million active users per month across the world and more than one million individual or organizational paying users.
However, it does not presently handle all types of media material.
This post will teach you how to use a workaround to quickly and simply upload Apple Music to Google Drive for backup storage purposes.
Part 1. Why Can’t You Transfer Apple Music to Google Drive
You should be aware that all Apple Music songs are protected by the DRM algorithm, which was developed by Apple in order to control what you can and cannot do with the streaming music content. Before you begin adding Apple Music songs to Google Drive, you should be aware that all Apple Music songs are protected by the DRM algorithm, which was developed by Apple in order to control what you can and cannot do with the streaming music content. Apple Music may only be streamed on devices associated with your Apple account because of the copy right protection provided by DRM (Digital Rights Management).
Furthermore, if you decide to discontinue your Apple Music membership, the downloaded streams would be rendered inaccessible instantly.
Proceed to the next step to get the solution.
Part 2. Method to Make Apple Music Compatible with Google Drive
ViWizard Audio Converteris an all-in-one DRM remover and converter that allows Apple Music customers to totally circumvent DRM protection on Apple Music and convert music to six different formats, including MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, FLAC, and M4B, while maintaining ID3 tags and the original quality. It is supplied in both Windows and Mac versions that are compatible with your PCs and other devices. As a result of your purchase, you’ll be able to download DRM-free Apple Music tracks, which you may then save on Google Drive for as long as you like.
Key Features of ViWizard Apple Music Converter
- Support for the conversion of Apple Music, iTunes audios, and Audible books is available. Apple Music may be converted losslessly to FLAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, AAC, and MP3 formats. Apple Music, iTunes, and Audible will no longer have any built-in security. Organize and handle the conversion of audio files in batches at a quicker speed of 30 kbps
To transfer Apple Music music to Google Drive without any restrictions, follow the procedures outlined below to convert Apple Music to MP3 with the aid of ViWizard Audio Converter.
Step 1 Select Apple Music songs to convert
Start the ViWizard Audio Converter program. Then, either by selecting the Add Files button or by dragging the files from the iTunes folder where you have saved the Apple Music files on your computer, you may import the downloaded Apple Music files.
You may convert numerous music tracks at the same time by importing them all into the converter and converting them all at once.
Step 2 Configure the output audio paramters
Once the songs have been successfully imported into the converter, you can select the output format as well as audio settings such as bit rate, sampling rate, channel, and codec, among others. Simply click on the Format button, and a new window will appear on the screen. It is possible to select from six different audio formats, including MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B, depending on your needs.
Step 3 Convert protected Apple Music to MP3
You may then click the Convert button to begin converting Apple Music to the format you want. Wait for the conversion to complete, which will take time depending on the number of files you have added to the conversion list. Following the conversion, you will be able to browse through the converted audio tracks and locate the location where you will be saving the DRM-free music files.
Part 3. How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive for Backup
Then, once you’ve finished converting Apple Music to MP3, you can effortlessly backup your music library by uploading it to Google Drive. Additionally, you may download Apple Music tracks from Google Drive and then add them to Apple Music so that you can listen to them whenever you want. The next steps will show you how to upload Apple Music files to Google Drive. To access Google Drive, start by opening a browser on your computer and going to the address drive.google.com. 2)Create a new folder in your Google Drive to which you will upload the unprotected Apple Music files and then delete the folder.
4)Drag the files you wish to upload into the Google Drive folder on your computer’s hard drive.
Part 3. How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive for Backup
When using ViWizard Audio Converter to transfer Apple Music to Google Drive, the process is simple and straight forward. Also available is the ability to download Apple Music tracks from Google Drive at any time and then import them into iTunes or Apple Music for playback.
For Mac User
Go to drive.google.com on your computer and begin downloading Apple Music music. 2) 2) In Apple Music on your Mac, select FileAdd To Library or FileImport from the File menu. 3)Select the Apple Musc files or the folder that you downloaded, and then click Open. 4)Select the music tracks that you want to play on your computer, and then start playing them.
For Windows User
1)Open a browser on your computer and navigate to drive.google.com, where you may download Apple Music tracks. 2)Open iTunes and select Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library from the File menu on the left-hand side of the screen. 3). Select the Apple Music files or the location where you obtained them from, and then drag and drop your music files onto the iTunes window. 4)Right-click the item you want to play and select “Play on Apple Music.” Your Apple Music tracks will begin to play.
That’s all there is to it. If you’re seeking for a way to backup Apple Music to Google Drive, give ViWizard Audio Converter a go and you’ll find out what you’re missing. Furthermore, you may keep your favorite music downloaded from Apple Music for as long as you want and play them anywhere and whenever you want.
Known as “the ViWizard,” Adam Gorden is a seasoned writer who is passionate about technology, movies, and software. Viwizard employs cookies to guarantee that you get the best possible experience when visiting our website. More information may be found here. I’ve got it!
How to Upload Apple Music to Google Drive
Google provides each and every user with 15 GB of online storage space for free. Users may upload all of their images, movies, documents, and music to Google Drive in order to save or share them with other people. However, if any users attempt to upload their favorite Apple Music music to it, they will almost certainly fail due to Apple Music’s restrictions. So, is there a method to convert Apple Music files so that they can be uploaded to Google Drive and then shared? In this section, the essay will present a practical method of assisting individuals in making it happen.
Google Drive, which was introduced on April 24, 2012, is a cloud-based file storage and syncing service provided by Google. Cloud computing enables users to store information in the cloud, exchange files, and collaborate on papers, spreadsheets, and presentations with other users. By the end of October 2014, Google Drive had 240 million monthly active users. Google said in September 2015 that they have more than one million individual and organizational paying customers of Google Drive at the time of the announcement.
- There are five main causes behind this.
- Provide support for a variety of document types.
- Google Drive not only offers a variety of search options based on keywords, file types, and file formats, but it also incorporates Google Goggles and optical character recognition (OCR) technology.
- For example, a search for “mountain” will yield all of the photographs of mountains as well as any text documents that include information on mountains in them.
- The act of sharing.
- There are three different access levels available: “can edit,” “can comment,” and “can view.” Users who have editing access can invite others to participate in the editing process.
- This means that users can upload their files by using any program that has an API for Google Drive, rather than having to install the Google Drive APP on their computers.
2. How to upload Apple Music Songs to Google Drive?
It is widely known that Apple Music protects all of their music in order to prevent individuals from utilizing them without permission. Furthermore, Apple Music believes that playing Apple Music on an mp3 device, car player, or burning to a CD is a form of piracy. They are protected.m4p files, which means that even if individuals download them for offline usage, they are not their own music. As a result, if users attempt to upload their favorite music to Google Drive, they will almost certainly fail.
You’ll need a professional Apple Music converter if you want to upload Apple Music to Google Drive.
The Apple Music converter can convert Apple Music files, audiobooks, and other downloaded music from iTunes or Apple Music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, or ALAC format.
As a result, you can retain your favorite Apple Music tracks in your collection while also uploading them to Google Drive for storing or sharing with others.
The following is a comprehensive tutorial that will walk you through the process of converting Apple Music tracks. Please first download and install NoteBurner Apple Music Converter on your computer before proceeding.
3. Tutorial about How to Convert Apple Music for Uploading to Google Drive
NoteBurner Apple Music Converter is available for download and installation. If you are finished, please run the program.
Step 2Add Apple Music Songs
In order to add music, you must first click on the ” + ” button. This will bring up a window displaying all of the songs you have downloaded from Apple Music. You may pick any music you wish to convert to a different format.
Step 3Choose Output Format
Following the successful addition, please click the button ” Setting ” to select the output format that you require. In the pop-up box that appears, you can select the output path, output quality, and output format, which includes WAV, AAC, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, and ALAC, among others.
Step 4Start Converting Apple Music
Following the completion of the preceding procedures, the final step is to click on the button ” Convert “. It will be successful in a matter of seconds. The output audio is preserved with all of its ID3 tags and information intact.
Step 5Upload Apple Music to Google Drive
In order to transfer the converted Apple Music to NoteBurner, kindly navigate to ” ToolsUploadShareGoogle Drive ” and immediately drag and drop it from the output folder you specified in the previous step to NoteBurner for uploading.
Upload Songs to iTunes
If you’re wanting to upload songs to iTunes, you’re ready to take a significant step forward in your career as an artist. When you upload songs to iTunes, you have access to a global audience that can simply listen to and download your music, allowing you to earn royalties and build a growing fan base for yourself. That sounds fantastic, doesn’t it? The first step is to actually upload songs to iTunes, which may be accomplished in one of two ways: either by going through the application process yourself, or by collaborating with a music distribution firm that has already been accepted by Apple as an iTunes Store content supplier.
- Did you know that with SongCast, you can reduce this procedure to a single simple upload and a couple of days of waiting time instead of weeks?
- Simply create an account with us, fill out the details related with your album, upload your cover artwork as well as the music you wish to include on your album, and then submit your album.
- We will take care of converting the files for you so that iTunes may begin listing your music within a few of days of receiving them from us.
- We provide a hassle-free service because we have extensive expertise in the music distribution industry and a genuine desire to see you succeed.
You may grow your audience by taking advantage of the numerous options accessible to our members. As a result, you will be able to reach more listeners and acquire more admirers, as well as earn more royalties, all of which will be yours to keep! What more could you possibly want?
So what are you waiting for?
SongCast is a simplified and economical music distribution service that allows artists and labels to easily distribute their albums and singles to the world’s major online music services. While SongCast is not the only music distribution service on the internet, it is the most popular. SongCast has worked with a wide range of platforms, including TikTok, iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Facebook/Instagram, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, Pandora, and Napster, and we understand what it takes to distribute your music alongside some of today’s most popular artists on these platforms.
Furthermore, SongCast will ensure that your monthly accounting is completed on time and with accuracy, and that you receive 100 percent of all royalties earned from music services, saving you time and money.
Instead of focusing on their personal success, when you join up with SongCast, we guarantee that our services will not only give you with useful counsel, but will also allow you to sell your music online with the confidence that the complete music distribution procedure will be handled from A to Z.
Don’t Wait Any Longer. Sell Your Music Today!
This article will answer any questions you may have about getting your song on iTunes and any other major music distribution sites, as well as on marketing and promoting yourself as a musician on the internet. SongCast simplifies the process of music distribution by providing a step-by-step guide that any musician may follow. Get started immediately and submit your albums to the world’s most prominent online music services without hesitating or second guessing your decision to sign up. Before you know it, you’ll be able to sell your music online and begin receiving royalties alongside the hundreds of other artists and companies that use SongCast on a daily basis!
DistroKid is the easiest way for musicians to get their music into Spotify, Apple, Apple Music, Amazon, TikTok, Google Play, and more
“DistroKid is the future,” says Ludacris. Ludacris is one of the most successful rappers of all time, with over 100 million albums sold worldwide. He has received Grammy, Screen Actors Guild, Critics’ Choice, and MTV awards, among other honors. In 2017, Ludacris chose DistroKid to release his track “Vitamin D (with Ty Dolla $ign)” which was produced by DistroKid. Arizona Zervas is a professional basketball player. “DistroKid has provided me with an excellent venue for releasing my music over the years!” When his track, “Roxanne,” reached1 on the Spotify US top-50 list, Arizona was hailed as “the first artist in years to top Spotify without label support,” according to Billboard magazine.
- “The first time I heard about what DistroKid has to offer, I swear I heard an entire chorus break into song,” says the author.
- Rob is a multi-instrumentalist, recording artist, and producer that works in the music industry.
- “Internet guitar man” Rob, according to Guitar World, is “probably the closest thing we have to a rising guitar hero in whatever strange time we’re living in these days.” Kei Henderson (21 Savage) is a female rapper from the United Kingdom.
- It is extremely user friendly.” Kei is the manager of 21 Savage, a DistroKid artist.
- In the years before that, Kei was the manager of Siya, who was a star of the Oxygen television series “Sisterhood of Hip Hop.” Ari Herstand is a writer and musician who lives in New York City.
- Ari Herstand has had a number of songs included in films, television shows, and commercials, and has ranked in the top ten on iTunes.
- The author of How to Make It in the New Music Business, he also writes for Digital Music News and is the founder of Ari’s Take, a music business guidance blog that he started in 2009.
“The two aspects of DistroKid that I appreciate the most are its simplicity and its pricing.” Since I began using DistroKid, releasing new music, getting songs onto streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes, as well as monetizing YouTube, has never been easier or more economical for me.
- He also performs with Spylacopa and is the founder and CEO of Rising Pulse Records, an independent record company.
- “I choose DistroKid because I distribute a big volume of content online, and DistroKid does not impose a cap on my distribution.
- Because my music can be found almost anyplace, it is being heard by a greater number of individuals than ever before.
- Zach also has a successful piano teaching YouTube channel called PiaknowItAll, which he maintains alongside his day job.
- The easiest and most dependable option for me to release my music is through DistroKid.
- DistroKid’s ‘Teams’ tool makes it simple to automatically share rewards with other contributors on a track, allowing us to spend more time on creative and less time on bookkeeping and accounting.
- His LilDeuceDeuce YouTube account has earned more than 32 million views for his music videos.
” I couldn’t be more pleased.
Saher Galt is a fictional character created by author Saher Galt.
There are no obstacles in my way of bringing my music to the globe.
The vocalist and composer Saher Galt is also the co-founder of Galt Aureus, an award-winning indie rock duet with whom he has collaborated on several projects.
Claire Wilkinson is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom.
Claire Clairity is the stage name of Rachel Wilkinson, a 19-year-old singer and composer.
Carlos Eiene creates music for video games by fusing jazz fusion and other jazz subgenres with electronic sound.
Ray Harmony is a musician from the United Kingdom.
Finally, a distribution firm that recognized the needs of musicians was established.
Their level of customer service is unparalleled.
Using the power of music to inspire good change in the world, Ray Harmony has committed his life to doing so.
He is a Grammy-nominated music instructor, composer, performer, producer, journalist, and author, among other accomplishments.
Ray also collaborates with multi-platinum Grammy winners (such as Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, and many more) to create music, with all earnings going to charitable causes.
How to upload songs to Apple Music or iTunes
Image courtesy of Apple
We cover both sides of this question, from syncing your personal library across devices, to uploading your own music and earning revenue.
There are a number of different aspects to this how-to. To skip to a certain section, select one of the choices listed below:
- Learn how to access your own music library from any device, anywhere.
Uploading to the cloud so that it may be accessed from other devices
How to access your personal music library across devices
Individuals who subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match can turn on Sync Library so that they can access their own music library from any device they own.
Importing to Apple Music/iTunes
When it comes to importing music into Apple Music or iTunes, you have two choices. Apple Music/iTunes may either copy the imported music to your Music folder while leaving the original file in its current place, or it can generate a reference or “pointer” to the music in its current location. The latter option does not duplicate or relocate the audio, and it may be preferable if you wish to retain your audio on an external hard drive. Important: If you reference an existing file, you may not be able to play the music if the file is relocated.
By default, every music that has been imported into iTunes is referenced on the PC.
Apple Music on Mac
- MusicPreferences may be found in the menu bar. Navigate to theFilestab and uncheck the option next toCopy files to Music Media folder when adding to library when adding files to the library. ClickOK
iTunes on PC
- EditPreferences may be found in the menu bar. Navigate to the Advanced tab and select the checkbox next to “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library” from the drop-down menu. ClickOK
Drag and drag the audio file or folder into the Apple Music/iTunes window to begin playing it back. If you drag and drop a folder, all of its subfolders will be automatically imported as well. Holding the Option or Alt key while dragging will temporarily reverse the position setting described above.
Uploading to the cloud for access on other devices
Subscribers to Apple Music and iTunes Match have the ability to upload up to 100,000 songs (excluding music purchased from the iTunes Store) to the cloud. This setting is enabled by default on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, however it is disabled by default on iTunes for PC due to the nature of the software. Before you check or turn on this setting, make sure you have the following things:
- Upgrade your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac to the most recent operating system
- Make sure you’re running the most recent version of iTunes on your computer if you’re using Windows. Fill up the form using the same Apple ID that you use for Apple Music or iTunes Match. Ascertain that you have access to the internet.
iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Scroll down or search for Music in the Settings application. Activate the Sync Library
- MusicPreferences may be found in the menu bar. Navigate to the General tab and check the box next to Sync Library
- Then click OK.
iTunes on PC
- EditPreferences may be found in the menu bar. Navigate to theGeneraltab and select the checkbox next toiCloud Music Library
- Then clickOK.
It may take some time for your music to upload and sync across devices, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the amount of your music library. If a song is greyed out, wrong music is playing, or you are unable to access your music collection, please contact us for assistance. If you do not wish to have your music stored in the cloud or to pay the monthly membership price for Apple Music/iTunes Match, you can find instructions on how to sync music to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch here.
Uploading music as an artist
Not many people are aware of the fact that they may submit their own music to Apple Song and the iTunes Store, allowing them to begin earning money from every stream and purchase of their music? With RouteNote, you can distribute your music to Apple Music, iTunes, and all other major music shops, streaming services, and social media platforms with no additional cost.
- Sign up for RouteNote
- Go toDistributionCreate New Release
- And then sign out. Completely fill out all of the metadata information
- Upload your music
- Upload your artwork
- And submit. Choose the shops where you want your music to be available
- Then decide whether or not to Distribute for free or distribute for a fee.
- It costs nothing to provide free distribution, and you keep 85 percent of the money. Premium Distribution is available for a modest price, with the remainder of the earnings going to you. There are no differences in features or shops across the levels. You have the option to change tiers at any moment.
Following the completion of your release, our moderation staff will review it for any formatting flaws or copyright concerns before distributing it to our partner retailers.
This procedure takes between 48 and 72 hours to complete. Our partner retailers often make new products available within two weeks after receiving them. Major shops, such as Apple Music, often process orders within a few of days. You may get started right now by visiting RouteNote.com.